Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

(Testers Wanted) Megahood: All Maxis Neighborhoods in One

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 18th Mar 2008 at 2:49 PM - Updated 29th May 2015 at 2:34 PM by Nysha

401 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 395 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 17
Inventor
#76 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 2:14 AM
A magnificent project.

I played it for a while, vanilla only, with no problems other that it is a bit overwhelming. Since Seasons I've been playing in turns and to think how long a turn might take in such a game - whew ...
Scholar
#77 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 5:34 AM
Good job!

I downloaded this and put it into my game but haven't fired up any households yet. I would like to know first if it would be OK to delete Veronaville from the range of hoods available. I never play it, always delete it and don't particularly want to have it even as a sub-hood. No point in any of the other sims meeting those from Veronaville if I'm never going to play it. I know other people like it, I just don't and want to get rid of it. I want them gone and I don't really want to start by having a huge death fest as I kill each and every one of them before anyone meets them.

For those who were wondering if genetics have been fixed in Strangetown - they have. There were also genetic problems in Veronaville but I did not check those as I've never played the hood so don't know the names of the playables to check. I had a look at the Strangetown residents with SimPE and those sims who had missing genetic information now have all of their information restored. Relationships have also been fixed (ie. Erin Singles is now called Erin Beaker and is showing as being related to Loki, Chloe and Lola are now Curious-Smith and show relationships to the Curious and Smith families, etc).
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#78 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 11:04 AM
professional loser and Engram - I don't know if it's safe to delete suburbs from this 'hood but it would be easy enough to put a copy of this in, try it, and see what happens. It's immediately obvious if things are messed up - you'd know it! Lots will look empty, but still have names and plumbbobs if inhabited. Some may be detached from the road, go blue, and it will generally look All Wrong.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Scholar
#79 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 11:19 AM
OK, I will try it and report back. Just for the record, I'm planning on simply deleting the whole of Veronaville. I will not be doing anything crazy like putting the sims in the bin and trying to move them to another hood. I would say that this will have less chance of going kaboom than if you put the sims in the bin and then try to move them to another hood.
Instructor
#80 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 4:07 PM
HP, Thanks for clearing up the Bella question. Also THANK YOU for kicking Crumplebottom into a grave hole at the Goth's home too! I can now have peace and quiet on my dates- *giggle*.
I do have one tiny question though- I rezed Skip Broke and then went to move them into a larger home as Brandi was going to have a baby and thier little trailer was too small. Well I accidently hit the "bull dozer" instead of move out button and they all went away *sniff*. Is there a part of the download that will just refresh her home or her hood? I tried to just shrug it off, and play another family, but I miss her.
Thanks again for your megahood.
Test Subject
#81 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 12:00 AM
ahm can u upload this with the story... cause in my game it doesn't appear to have any story...only the bluewater village has.
Field Researcher
#82 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 11:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Engram
OK, I will try it and report back. Just for the record, I'm planning on simply deleting the whole of Veronaville. I will not be doing anything crazy like putting the sims in the bin and trying to move them to another hood. I would say that this will have less chance of going kaboom than if you put the sims in the bin and then try to move them to another hood.

Okay, I'm definitely going to wait for your report before I try anything! What I want to do is shift the sims from Desiderata and Riverblossom into Pleasantview and then delete the subhoods they came from - no point having a neighbourhood with out playable sims. If your game doesn't immediately explode Engram, I'll give it a go.
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 12:17 AM
Ugh, a huge file. But worth it!
Test Subject
#84 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 12:18 AM
I love this download so far. ;]
Very nice work!

I was playing around in Veronaville and when I tried to enter the Montys house, I would get a message saying something along the lines of, "This application is no longer responding. It will now abort."

I tried entering their house twice and received the same message. I'm not sure if it's just me.
Test Subject
#85 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 11:19 AM
Default Fantastic
Well done is all i can say, it took a bit of fiddling on my system to work but after 3 attempts it now works...

the combined "hoods" are great i have a whopping 1189 residents instead of the average 250-300..

NO bugs from my end that i can report....

Anyone who doubts this dont work is MISTAKEN..

now all i gotta do is move everyone into a vacant lot..... "trots off with a smile"
Test Subject
#86 Old 27th Mar 2008 at 3:15 AM
i also noticed that the ottomas family and the ramaswami family are gone where are they?
Field Researcher
#87 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 4:12 AM Last edited by chaotess : 28th Mar 2008 at 5:14 AM.
Well, I've been trying to get this to work. I tried the 20 part one. That didn't show up in my game. I figured I must have installed it wrong. So I tried the big file (I have DSL). That didn't show up in my game. Not sure what the problem is. When I look in the files (out of game), there they are. All of the characters, houses, etc. But in game, the button isn't even there. Currently it would be the only choice, and the only choice visible is to create a new hood. So, I'm downloading again to see if maybe it glitched and I'm missing a piece. It just goes in the Neighborhood folder right? I'm not missing a step am I?

Later
I was in fact missing a step. My Alzip was creating a N372 folder within another N372 folder. Hence, the game not reading it. I reduced it to one N372 folder filled with the usual game type folders and it worked fine. Sorry.

My sims gaming journal. Not very informative.
http://marjchaos.tripod.com/
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 9:00 AM
*bows down*
This Is Awesome!
I just re-installed my sims, only exp. I don't have is Pets.
I'll test this and will keep you informed if something goes wrong.
Thank you for doing this!
Nina
Scholar
#89 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 12:22 PM
In the end I didn't end up using this but made my own with the hoods I wanted.

For those wanting to move sims around - if you do want to move sims from one sub-hood to another, put them in the sim bin. They should be fine to move between subhoods. As long as you don't put the whole house in the lots bin and move them to another neighborhood (ie. out of N372 and into NXXX), they should be fine to move around.

Let me tell you why I didn't just delete Veronaville. The reason is simple - the entire thing would implode if I did that because information about all those sims would have been stored with the main hood information, so deleting all the Capps and Montys would have essentially amounted to deleting a bunch of playable characters within a hood. And doing that is a bad thing. So I didn't do it. And I made my own hood with attached sub-hoods using the neighborhoods I wanted so I don't have to worry about Veronaville being attached.

Anyway - have fun playing this, guys! I think it's a great idea and I'm glad HP made it. Just don't delete the sub-hoods as long as there are playable sims in there! I've thought about it and it's a bad thing. I don't know if deleting the sub-hoods after tucking away the playables in the sim bin is safe. Possibly at least some of the townie data is related to the sub-hood they are generated in so if you have townies, you may want to stay away from sub-hood deletion as well.
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 11:09 PM
HP, you rock! I had to restart my default neighborhoods and because I haven't been able to successfully use the empty templates, so I end up with multiple copies of the same townies, this is wonderful :-)

My home site is http://www.sublimesims.net/
Field Researcher
#91 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 7:47 PM
What a brilliant idea!! YAY!! I can't wait to use this! Thanks HP!
transmogrified
retired moderator
#92 Old 30th Mar 2008 at 6:04 AM
In my game, there was a glitch with Gustav's Grocery, a community lot in the Desiderata subhood. From the neighborhood view, there was no structure visible on the lot, even though the lot retained its name and description. When I attempted to enter it in build mode, my game crashed. Rather than experimenting by sending Sims to a potentially corrupt lot, I bulldozed it and moved in a copy of the same lot from the original Desiderata. Is this problem unique to my game?
Instructor
#93 Old 30th Mar 2008 at 12:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
In my game, there was a glitch with Gustav's Grocery, a community lot in the Desiderata subhood. From the neighborhood view, there was no structure visible on the lot, even though the lot retained its name and description. When I attempted to enter it in build mode, my game crashed. Rather than experimenting by sending Sims to a potentially corrupt lot, I bulldozed it and moved in a copy of the same lot from the original Desiderata. Is this problem unique to my game?

This was a problem in my game also. I used the same fix you did.

They call me The Seeker.
I've been searching low and high.
Alchemist
#94 Old 30th Mar 2008 at 2:35 PM
I´m happily playing with the super-hood! It is wonderful that you´ve had the patience and ability to create + share this marvellous thing with us! Many thanks,
Test Subject
#95 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 5:30 AM
this is awesome
like a lot of people have said " I always wanted something like this"
hmm thought
I don't have "Free time"
is there any way i could download it without needing "Free Time"???
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 2:30 PM
I too have a missing Gustav's Grocery, and stupidly deleted the original Could someone package and upload it?

MTS2 rocks my socks!

<Inge> is the truth always "cool"?
<Inge> a thing isn't true just cos it's interesting
<tracyshayne> Hi, Inge...you talking to yourself over there?
A quote from the MTS2 chat!
Test Subject
#97 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 8:48 PM
I love mixing and matching the neighborhoods but hate that they lose their friendship connections, etc when I move the whole house into the lot bank. So this is perfect for me. I'm going to test it out tonight.
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 6:03 AM
Lol! I like Joe Carr...That was my grandpa's first and middle name. =)

Anyways, this is a great idea, thanks!

"They can jump, and land, and have no natural predators. Unless, of course, you count me!" *SH-BOOF!* - The Maxx
Test Subject
#99 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 8:16 PM
This may be a dumb question,but because this was made with the AnyGameStarter can you have all the stuff packs as well as all ep's installed and still play it? Also, when the new Kitchen pack comes out will it work, too?
Thank you for any help.
Alchemist
#100 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 9:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mom
This may be a dumb question,but because this was made with the AnyGameStarter can you have all the stuff packs as well as all ep's installed and still play it? Also, when the new Kitchen pack comes out will it work, too?
Thank you for any help.

Yes, you can. I have all Stuff packs as well as all EPs and it works wonderfully for me. And will also work with the next Sps and so.
You´re welcome.
Page 4 of 17