Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Port White Water - Base Game Neighborhood!

by Qbaliki Posted 26th Apr 2009 at 5:51 PM - Updated 26th Mar 2010 at 12:47 AM by Phaenoh : fixing category

80 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 70 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Test Subject
#51 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 10:01 AM
When I try to download I get to Lot 4 and it says service out of date, or something along the lines of that and same with the automatic download link.
Test Subject
#52 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 2:15 AM
@Kentosai I have the same problem. The auto-download link is broken...me no like having to manually download neighborhoods. But for you,Qbaliki....of course I will.

I wasn't always black... there was this freckle, and it got bigger and bigger.
Bill Cosby
Test Subject
#53 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 3:11 AM
HELPP!!! Where do you find neighborhood N491?
Test Subject
#54 Old 5th May 2010 at 1:32 AM
whats N491? help.
Test Subject
#55 Old 5th May 2010 at 3:28 AM
Whoever is having the problem with the "Service Out of Date" link, the automatic download link is broken but for the download for the houses you have to download two at a time.
Test Subject
#56 Old 8th May 2010 at 8:15 PM
I have tried three times to download this. I followed all the instructions. How is everyone else getting it to show up in the game? First ime to post so I hope this went in the right spot.
Thanks for any help
Test Subject
#57 Old 10th May 2010 at 12:52 AM
I want this neighborhood sooooooo badly, but my computer is being very stupid. (As usual...)

its not just your downloads either, whenever I have tried to download things off of mod, a message like this comes up:

No cookies found!

No valid MTS login could be found. Please note that you must be logged into MTS to use this server.

Reasons for this not working are:

If you are logged in, then make sure you aren't using any kind of cookie blocker, like Norton Internet Security.
Try allowing "modthesims.info" in your security software for cookies.
MAKE SURE you have ticked the "Remember Me" option when logging in. If you do not, then you will not be able to download.
Generated by getfile.php

PLEASE message me back on whats going on, I REALLY want this neighborhood!

Thanks~ MissRainbowSocks

Why is it that sims can pee with their pants on and I can't?
Test Subject
#58 Old 10th May 2010 at 12:57 AM
Jeez, now *I* feel stupid.

For some reason, all I had to do was log out and tap the little "Remember Me" button. I tried it again and it friggin works! Yay!

Message me with your input!

Thanks~ MissRainbowSocks

Why is it that sims can pee with their pants on and I can't?
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 12th May 2010 at 4:05 PM
I know someone mentioned this before but for the people asking where they can find the N491 folder, you have to create it yourself. You'll already have N001, N002 etc: these folders represent the standard neighborhoods. Just create a new folder right next to them and name it N491 (anything else won't work btw).

Someone said that they get a "service out of order" or whatever message when they try to download the lots: I got that too at first, but then (silly as I am) I realized it's just because you can't download more than 3 files at a time. Just download three files, wait for them to finish and do three more.

AND THEN:
This neighborhood is absolutely amazing (AMAZING) to play. I've had it for a week or so now and it's as close to perfect as a neighborhood can get imo. Thank you, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU so much for all the hard work this must have taken.
I have every expansion apart from Free Time, Pets and University and it works fine (even with Seasons).

a few other things while I'm here: I haven't played all the houses yet, but at least one of them (can't remember which :/) doesn't actually have a roof. I noticed this only because one of my sims went "lol there's weather inside the house"... If you notice this it's easily fixed by going one floor up (since there's a "floor" between the actual floor and the roof) and fill it with flooring. No biggie.

Also, I'd like to mention that for me not to get completely annoyed at the gardens in this neighborhood... for the record they look STUNNING, even in their simplicity... I downloaded the Perfect Garden mod, because in a lot of the houses there's plants the gardener can't get to, and they overgrow and don't look pretty anymore. I'd recommend doing the same to anyone who is as OCD as me about things looking perfect.

LOOOONG post. But... Yeah. <3
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 19th May 2010 at 3:37 PM
Let me start of by saying that I love this neighborhood. The architecture is unique and interesting, and I enjoy having a neighborhood which I do not have to build myself.

However, I have ran into a bit of an issue. Whenever I try to add a sub-hood, like a University, Vacation Resort, etc, the game crashes. I went into another custom made neighborhood and all the sub-hoods were able to be added without problems. Am I the only one with this issue?

I have all the expansion packs up to Apartment Life and no Stuff Packs. I do use hacks but since I could add sub hoods into other neighborhoods I figured they were not the problem.
Test Subject
#61 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 4:54 PM
when i downloaded the files, and when to the neighborhood file in the ea games folder, there wasnt any N491 folder there.. PLLLZZZZ HHHEEEELLLLPPPP!
Test Subject
#62 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 10:02 PM
i downloaded the neighborhood, but the house wont show. PLEASE HELP ASAP!
Test Subject
#63 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 8:31 AM
This neighborhood is great.. :lovestruc :lovestruc including the lots..
I really appreciate the work..
can't wait to start a family in this 'hood..

P.S. For all those having problems finding the folder N491.. The install instructions doesn't tell it but you need to create the folder yourself..

Destruction - "By nature's hand, by craft, by art, What once was one now fly apart!"
Invulnerability - "The arrows turn, the swords rebel, Let nothing pierce this mortal shell!"

Click here to help Stop Global Warming!
Test Subject
#64 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 6:27 AM
Ok. I just dl'd it, the entire shabang. I'll be back to let you know what I think.

eXoTicKiTTeN @ thesims3.com
grimaldi525190 @ thesims2.com & sims.wikia.com
email & yahoo messenger : taragrimaldi@yahoo.com
Test Subject
#65 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 2:31 AM
Just downloaded this neighborhood, and I can't wait to play it! Thank you for making a neighborhood with architecture that seamlessly fits together; I haven't seen many others that manage to accomplish that.

Dance in the rain, ignore the frizzing hair.
Test Subject
#66 Old 18th Aug 2010 at 6:19 AM
Do we have to download all the houses in the comments..?

Anyway, thanks so much! Looks great, I'll take a peek when I next wait half an hour for my game to load
Test Subject
#67 Old 19th Sep 2010 at 7:06 AM
I love it but I'll need to remember to come back for it. I'm way too tired to follow those instructions right now.

Winners never quit, and quiters never win.

Those who never win and never quit are idiots.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#68 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 3:35 AM
Im so confused on how to put this in the game. is there a way you can turn this in to a sims2Pack file so i can install it into the game?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#69 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 12:01 AM
this is simply incredible work! i'm really impressed with the architecture in this neighbourhood. i'm not surprised this was a picked upload. absolutely astounding and so creative - this one is going straight to my favourites list. i hope you come back to create more neighbourhoods in the future. thanks so much, guys. :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#70 Old 29th Dec 2011 at 3:27 PM
This is a great upload!
It's such a nice, easy way, to have a great neighbourhood!

Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#71 Old 31st Mar 2012 at 2:08 AM
Oh my gosh, absolutely fantastical! I can't believe it, I've been looking for sophisticated mansions to put my richie-rich sims in, and now I have an entire neighborhood PERFECT for "their kind"!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#72 Old 12th Jul 2012 at 4:17 AM
Thanks for this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 5:47 AM
the LOT 5 download doesnt work
the neighborhood is incredible and beatifoul too
Forum Resident
#74 Old 19th Apr 2013 at 3:44 AM
Hi,
I just noticed there's no "lots" folder in the Neighborhood Decorations folder. Do I have to make it myself?
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 10:19 AM
i can't wait to play this neighborhood i am almost done downloading it! when i play it i'll give you a feedback/thanks
Page 3 of 4