Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#876 Old 4th Apr 2022 at 12:42 AM
There are some new businesses opening in the commercial area:

Someone recently moved in to this apartment building; it's been empty for five years!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#877 Old 10th Apr 2022 at 2:50 PM
When the first president family moved out of "the white house" for the new president to move in...

they had to move to another mansion, which I call "the white castle". It was then I discovered that it was like a 1000 times better than the white house

I mean the insides and everything, it's just perfect! So now I'm questioning everything, whether to make that the new government house or not... because the president family was supposed to be the richest sims in the neighborhood. On the other hand, the real white house is far from the biggest mansion in the world so it wouldn't be strange for the old president family to live better than the current one. Maybe the real award for being elected president can come afterwards when they move out of the white house... Then there's less responsibilities too. But I'd probably make the white castle the new government house if that family ever stops being able to afford to live there for some reason. (Because of the high taxes and the higher bills hack that I have.) Not sure if §700,000 is enough family funds to last under these conditions (but that'd be bad if it wasn't )

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#878 Old 10th Apr 2022 at 9:14 PM
Isn't there an actual place in England called White Castle?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Top Secret Researcher
#879 Old 11th Apr 2022 at 12:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat

I found a hamburger restaurant

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#880 Old 11th Apr 2022 at 1:29 PM

Not England, but there is one nearby in Monmouthshire.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White...,_Monmouthshire
Mad Poster
#881 Old 11th Apr 2022 at 7:16 PM
Ah yes, Monmouthshire, Wales; home of my first husband John Henry Davis,whose name went back generations but unfortunately died with our son, John Henry Davis.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#882 Old 11th Apr 2022 at 9:24 PM
Not too far from where I live now, @grammapat !
Sorry to hear about your son.
Mad Poster
#883 Old 13th Apr 2022 at 12:00 AM
Ah, those husky red-headed men....as for my son...a sad story, long time ago.

Instructor
#884 Old 18th Apr 2022 at 4:15 AM
Hopped on my BACC hood for the first time in a while. The founding family was sitting on more money than I would like so they will kindly put it to communal use by buying another community lot. I needed a dealership and I also needed to fill out my Art Déco quarter, thus this was born. WIP still.
Screenshots

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Instructor
#885 Old 18th Apr 2022 at 1:34 PM
This is a starter apartment for my young adult couple in this building . I wanted it to look like the early 90s. Does it look like it? When they make enough money I want them to buy a home and start a home business, probably a vintage store or a coffee shop.

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#886 Old 18th Apr 2022 at 6:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by moonlight__
This is a starter apartment for my young adult couple in this building . I wanted it to look like the early 90s. Does it look like it? When they make enough money I want them to buy a home and start a home business, probably a vintage store or a coffee shop.

Could be even 70's. LOVE it! Could you point me to all those "rustic" items?

Instructor
#887 Old 19th Apr 2022 at 1:05 AM
I agree with Grammapat! And the first pic really felt like a step back in time for me, the early nineties was the time I left home to study and I spent a lot of time in flats like that . We always had judiciously spread out splashes of bright colour here and there among all the earthy tones though - me and my flatmate had some royal blue and orange ceramic pots for our plants and my friend had a set of fake gerberas in bright orange and red tones spread out in bottles and vases in her bookshelves (gerberas and sunflowers were everywhere).

Where are those lovely sideboards from, the brown one in the hall and the white one in the bedroom?
Instructor
#888 Old 19th Apr 2022 at 1:58 AM Last edited by moonlight__ : 19th Apr 2022 at 11:27 AM.
Could be even 70's. LOVE it! Could you point me to all those "rustic" items?

Thank you!! Yeah, they're supposed to be more on the broke side and broke people can't have up to date stuff, maybe until recently when trendy stuff became affordable.

My favorite rustic stuff is basically everything by Nemestnaya and is 99% of clutter there. Broken Kitchen and Broken Bathroom is a must have, Sims in Paris, I got the couch and the armchair from a lot but these kind of objects can be found just by googling "sims 2 grunge objects" and many stuff I use are rustic recolors of maxis stuff. I recommend R13.

Quote: Originally posted by AnMal
I agree with Grammapat! And the first pic really felt like a step back in time for me, the early nineties was the time I left home to study and I spent a lot of time in flats like that . We always had judiciously spread out splashes of bright colour here and there among all the earthy tones though - me and my flatmate had some royal blue and orange ceramic pots for our plants and my friend had a set of fake gerberas in bright orange and red tones spread out in bottles and vases in her bookshelves (gerberas and sunflowers were everywhere).

Where are those lovely sideboards from, the brown one in the hall and the white one in the bedroom?

Aww thank you!!! I'm a Gen Z from Europe so I built this apartment based on American movies. I'm also a type of person who loves vintage stuff and old music so it was an easy task :D. I imagine the sim couple living there are supposed to be grunge 'kids'. I love your idea of brighter colors, I'll definitely change a little bit and add more flowers. I got too comfortable with neutral colors in real life and The Sims so adding vibrant colors feels wrong lol. I felt like I made it authentic with tassel curtains in the bedroom, cassettes and the 80s Nintendo that my sims probably got at a yard sale.

Oh yeah, the sideboard in the hall is the Dover set, I don't remember the white one. I'll check it tomorrow.
Edit: The white one is from Sims in Paris set 6.
Instructor
#889 Old 19th Apr 2022 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by moonlight__
Aww thank you!!! I'm a Gen Z from Europe so I built this apartment based on American movies. I'm also a type of person who loves vintage stuff and old music so it was an easy task :D. I imagine the sim couple living there are supposed to be grunge 'kids'. I love your idea of brighter colors, I'll definitely change a little bit and add more flowers. I got too comfortable with neutral colors in real life and The Sims so adding vibrant colors feels wrong lol. I felt like I made it authentic with tassel curtains in the bedroom, cassettes and the 80s Nintendo that my sims probably got at a yard sale.

Oh yeah, the sideboard in the hall is the Dover set, I don't remember the white one. I'll check it tomorrow.
Edit: The white one is from Sims in Paris set 6.

Thank you! Yes, you did really do a good job of the nineties grunge - but I'm also European, so I can't say how true it is to American movies.
Mad Poster
#890 Old 20th Apr 2022 at 5:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AnMal
Thank you! Yes, you did really do a good job of the nineties grunge - but I'm also European, so I can't say how true it is to American movies.

Old American here: actually, I've seen worse, and lived in places not so dirty/torn up, but MORE cheap/simple and just...less stuff. Murphy bed, boxes for trash cans and clothes...hay, I was 19 & it was across Coast Highway from Huntington Beach (surf's up!). I have so much mooor stuffs now, but those days were total fun times

Instructor
#891 Old 21st Apr 2022 at 10:25 PM
Old American here: actually, I've seen worse, and lived in places not so dirty/torn up, but MORE cheap/simple and just...less stuff. Murphy bed, boxes for trash cans and clothes...hay, I was 19 & it was across Coast Highway from Huntington Beach (surf's up!). I have so much mooor stuffs now, but those days were total fun times

I know how you feel. This place is meant to look after the the couple has been living for quite some time and wanted to make it as homey as possible. I'll frame their pics when I make enough. We're in 2020s and my friends still rent apartments that have 70s and 80s commie vibe because the landlords didn't bother to trow away their old furniture from their own place but rather put it in their apartment for rent (or it's a dead person's stuff + personal belongings ). Huntington Beach is so beautiful, there's not a chance to not have a good time there ;D.

Speaking of commies, I also built a Soviet style apartment (no, I'm not Russian), https://modthesims.info/showthread....189#post5716189 . Essentially, broke students rent apartments like in the pictures lol. The #2 isn't really middle class, it's based on the 90s and early 2000s.
Instructor
#892 Old 10th May 2022 at 2:36 PM
Default Thrift store and a tattoo parlor
Hii, me again. I squeezed a thrift store and a tattoo parlor in a 1x1 lot. I prefer micro lots over large lots because it's more realistic and more playable since the game can crash or lag if the lot is too heavy, plus I don't like empty looking lots and only a couple of sims visiting them lol. I just wish I could find some tattoo wall art so the shop would look more realistic and the last pic is the tattoo box room so it's an actual parlor.

Screenshots
#893 Old 16th May 2022 at 10:31 PM
Default Scene setup for a Life is Strange beach shoot that I want to do
Screenshots
Scholar
#894 Old 1st Jun 2022 at 11:00 AM
Boathouse, giving my 'Atoll' idea another shot.
Screenshots
Scholar
#895 Old 3rd Jul 2022 at 9:40 AM
Double Post to rescue the tread. An Island Paradise's former oil rig, repurposed as a large disorganised home. old ways on are helicopter or via boat. Just a few of the many, many rooms.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#896 Old 9th Jul 2022 at 9:50 PM
Built an apartment lot with 4 houses for my future Orphan Adults... planned to do some more Version of these to "connect them" and later I will just use a copy and recolor the lots so I dont have to completely rebuid them everytime >I think they turned out okay... I'm not really good in building :/ Furniture will be bought by the moving in sim itself..

Screenshots
Scholar
#897 Old 14th Jul 2022 at 8:39 AM
Cosy places to live in my hood.

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#898 Old 19th Jul 2022 at 5:59 AM
The Iron Chef Restaurant... a small starter OFB business:
Screenshots

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Scholar
#899 Old 24th Jul 2022 at 10:17 PM
Your own slice of oceanic paradise for a tidy $15,000 Simoleons. Wheelhouse included!

Screenshots
Field Researcher
#900 Old 26th Jul 2022 at 10:36 PM
Little English Pub I furnished on my new PC

Page 36 of 40