Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
#201 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 12:17 AM
Front of House. Pond, corral for horses or other animals, spacious second story balcony, covered veranda in the back, space for gardening, parking, and enjoying beautiful views.

Another View of the Front
First floor has an open floor plan and one full bath. Double door front entry and single door to easily access the covered veranda, barbecue area, and garden.
Second floor has two full restrooms, one bathroom is connected to the master bedroom as a private bath, and one family/music/game room. Perfect for the single sim that loves to entertain and hopes to find the One sim to start a family with. No need to move with the sound of little feet running about because the family room is large enough to convert into a bedroom for several young ones, but there is also plenty of room to expand.

Back of House. Leave the cramped city life behind with this spacious 30x50 home you and your descendants can thrive in and enjoy for many generations. Grow your own produce, plant an orchard, raise livestock. You can have it all.

Roof
Advertisement
Undead Molten Llama
#202 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 11:09 PM
I love both of those two houses, cheshirekatt. I wish I could build "medievally" as well; it just doesn't seem to be my forte, I'm afraid. So, I guess I stick to modern. *sigh*

Speaking of which:

Plain and simple Garak. Uh, I mean, plain and simple cottage thing. (Sorry, as an avid Star Trek: Deep Space Nine fan, I cannot say the phrase "plain and simple" without adding the word "Garak." :lol )

Anyway, here you go:

Here's a bit of a closer-up of the actual house part:

This is the home of a neighbor of mine, which is of course modified for Sims purposes. I decided to build it because I needed a house for a new rural farming/fishing household, and I thought the style would fit well, style-wise in the neighborhood. I had originally started to do a makeover of the MacGregor farm from Riverblossom Hills, but it became so unrecognizable that it couldn't really be called a "makeover" so much as "I built an all-new house in the space where the old house was. And I ended up not liking what I did, anyway. Plus, the neighbor who owns this house in real life graciously allowed me to climb up on the roof of his garage to take some pictures of the roofing material which were ultimately used to create textures for the roof that's on this house as well as the "urban" one I posted before as well as 13 other colors of it that I made. So, I figured it was only fair to Sim his house...or...uh, something like that.

In any case, yeah, that's it. Plain little box in red and white with large dormers and a nice breezeway connecting the detached garage to the house. It actually has a fair amount of room inside, especially since it's essentially a 12x12 box with things stuck on it. It has four bedrooms, two baths. None of the bedrooms are huge, granted, but...Hey, there are four of them, and all will accommodate a double bed if you do some squeezing and don't put any other furniture in the room. Stuff in a few bunk beds and this one'll house 8 if they don't mind (really) close quarters.

I'm not at all done with the inside yet. I REALLY need to make/find some kitchen tile. I have tons of bathroom tile and hardly any kitchen-y tile. I need some to coordinate better with my massive granite countertop collection. But, done or not, here are the floor plans:

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Space Pony
#203 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 3:15 AM
iCad-

I adore that house.(:
Also, I'd never be able to find a use for those brightly colored roofing. What you did made it look splendid.(:
I do like how you ran the color-scheme throughout the house but still giving it some uniqueness in every room.

Please, call me Nym.
LJ | Tumblr | DW
Inventor
#204 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 1:25 AM
iCad, I really like the overall layout of that house. Inspired me to create something similar that is almost done now. I'll probably post it later, but for now, I will post another house I have done.

Front. This is a 3 bedroom home on a modest 4x3 lot. Fish in your private pond from the sunny bank or while resting beneath the shade of a large, well-established tree. Outdoor entertaining will have just a touch of class with a paved patio, easily accessed from the kitchen door. The patio is paved with local stones and the stonework extends to the front of the house and fenced for semi-privacy.

Another view of the front. The first floor features a spacious reception foyer, formal dining, one full bathroom, and cozy family/living room. The second floor features two small bedrooms for the spawn, large master bedroom with fireplace, full bathroom, and a large music/party room.

Roof. Located at the end of a quiet road just outside the castle walls with the ocean view on the other side, privacy is a privilege that you can buy when you buy this house. Priced just under 35,000, it will certainly sell quickly to the family wanting a life of fresh air and self-sufficiency .

I noticed I forgot to take a picture of the house after adding the fireplace, but the master bedroom does have a fireplace.
Inventor
#205 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 9:41 AM
'Grandma's House'

Inventor
#206 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 5:14 PM Last edited by cheshirekat : 8th Jun 2011 at 5:15 PM. Reason: comment addition
The layout of this house was inspired by iCad's most recent image posts. The exterior and interior obviously look different, but I was thinking of iCad's house, so credit to iCad for the inspiration. This house is set up much like I suppose a boarding house would be, but is also suitable for a family or two to live in. All the bedrooms are large enough for two single beds. Some will even fit a couple double beds without much space leftover for other furniture.

The garage is where the stables are, which lead to the horse corral out in the backyard. The lot has a pond and garden plots, landscaping, combined kitchen/dining, foyer, 3 baths (one downstairs, two upstairs), a covered courtyard, fireplace, and a lot of room to expand, garden, have parties, etc. It is a 30x60 lot.

Front.

Back.

More pictures of the back here and here .

Courtyard. The courtyard is between the main house on the right and the stables on the left, can be used for outdoor dining, grilling, and hanging out. A door leads to the courtyard from the kitchen. iCad had a walkway connecting the main house to the garage. This house has an open (fenced) walkway to the stables from the living room. The courtyard will be partially fenced in, but I thought it would be easier to get pictures before finishing with the fences and other landscaping that would block too much.

Roof. Yes. I intentionally wanted a dark roof.

See the layout (with text descriptions on the pictures) of the first floor here . Second floor layout here . A view of the pond is here .

Because I use a lot of brown, earthy colors, I tried to lighten the shadows a bit while still keeping the "old" and semi-dark look. Washed out is not a good look. Not easy since I had not added any lighting yet. But I think the pictures are clear enough for you to enjoy.

Edited to add: Saturnfly, I really like all the flowers in the front of your hosue. Makes it very colorful and welcoming.
Lab Assistant
#207 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 8:28 PM
Here is the garden from the house of my last post, the one I said I would post (thanks for the kind comments, by the way!)

And here is an aerial picture to show how the lot fits in the street:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...6b_5af65286.jpg
I've never been so happy with the result of building on a narrow 3x1 lot like that.
Undead Molten Llama
#208 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 10:23 PM
Cheshirekat: I'm so glad my house could spark some ideas for you. Although, your house is WAY more complex than mine. I do like to mess with breezeways and interior courtyards, though. It's nice to have something a little different.

Saturnfly: That's an adorable little house. I love all the flowers!

Nissun, I'm insanely jealous of both your skillz and your game's graphics. Can I ask, what sky are you using? It's lovely, almost like aurorae, and I like to take pics of my lots with pretty skies like that. I also loved the other buildings you posted. The style is very unique and, again, having a cohesive style like that for a neighborhood is very cool. Can't keep it up, myself; I tend to get bored. Plus, I don't have the CC for it, anyway. But I LOVE seeing that sort of thing in other people's creations.

Anyway, I just put this up for download on my LJ, since it doesn't have flat edges, which probably wouldn't go over well on MTS. (And for good reason!) But since pics are easily available, here you go:

This is a "lakefront" house, the kind I occasionally like to build. I flatten the lot so that the back of it drops off steeply and then butt it right up against neighborhood water so that, when you're playing the lot you get lovely "lake views."

If you want to see more, you can do so here:http://icads-sims.livejournal.com/1746.html The pics are too large in file size to directly post here, and I don't feel like resizing 'em. You can also download the lot there, if you're brave.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Lab Assistant
#209 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 10:57 PM
Hahaha, thanks iCad. But really, my game's graphics? I'll let you know that right now I'm looking into upgrading my computer, because it's seriously outdated for gaming. The graphics are actually really poor, so the pictures must be deceiving somehow!

The sky is a recolor of this mod: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=187229 that has stronger, more fantastic colors. I couldn't remember where I got it, but I found it here (it's the first item on the list): http://wcif-sims.livejournal.com/275753.html
Undead Molten Llama
#210 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 11:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nissun
Hahaha, thanks iCad. But really, my game's graphics? I'll let you know that right now I'm looking into upgrading my computer, because it's seriously outdated for gaming. The graphics are actually really poor, so the pictures must be deceiving somehow!

Hey, I play on an 8-year-old laptop that was high-end when I bought it and all special-like and whoop-de-doo because it had a dedicated 128MB video card instead of an integrated chip. But now, pretty much EVERYONE'S graphics are better than mine!

Quote:
The sky is a recolor of this mod: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=187229 that has stronger, more fantastic colors. I couldn't remember where I got it, but I found it here (it's the first item on the list): http://wcif-sims.livejournal.com/275753.html

Awesome! Thank you! *runs off to download, hoping that it won't look like poo in my sad, sad little game *

Inventor
#211 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 1:16 PM
I decided to try that sky mod as well. I am waiting for my game to load up now.

Nissun. I like how your palm trees look in the garden. The ones I have in my game with the white bark look like they have cloth for leaves, so I don't use them much anymore. Yours look more like real palm trees. Maybe I should look at downloading different ones and get rid of the ones I have. However, I will probably wait until I am done doing lot makeovers in my hood as I am sure that a few of those palm trees were used in the lots I haven't visited for a while.

Anyone else find that the more cc you download for building and landscaping, the more picky you get? To the point that you almost have to keep inventory in your head all the time for stuff that has lost favor in your eyes?

Which reminds me of something else I recently downloaded that I am extremely happy with. CuriousB (bagfran.livejournal.com) converted some trees into neighborhood deco that I put into my game just before finishing the last lot I posted. I am still amazed what a difference they make in my pictures not having blurry blobs for the backgrounds when I am in neighborhood view. Supposedly, they are a bit high poly, so I did not put too many in. But after seeing the results from a few different lots, I may try to put in a few more. But now I also want to remove the pink tree (maxis blobs) I still have in my game with another colorful (pink or purple) tree for neighborhood deco.
Test Subject
#212 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 2:18 PM
Well, this is my first post in these forums. I've been building in Sims 2 for over three years, and sharing my lots at TSR (though I don't quite accept the pay system). On one of my mysterious Internet tours, I stumbled upon this thread and saw many great creations.

Nissun, great buildings! I'm also a fan of 1984 and created many buildings for Orwellian themed neighborhood. My neighborhoods used to be filled with monumental skyscrapers before my old computer crashed. Recently, I remodeled Pleasantview, and included a bit older picture of it.

cheshirekat, iCad and Saturnfly, you have very nicely designed and coloured lots too!

I decided to share pictures of my latest building: Castleville cathedral with an underground catacomb maze

Here is a link to my TSR profile for those who are interested: http://www.thesimsresource.com/members/juhhmi
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#213 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 11:48 AM
I've been in a bit of a lag lately with building, but I got inspired again and this is one of the things I've been working on

Test Subject
#214 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 1:14 PM Last edited by juhhmi : 16th Jun 2011 at 12:35 PM.
Great modern house, Hencing! For the nice roof and column, did you first make larger roof pieces and then removed some walls?

Edit: I started a new project: SkyGarden. I was partly inspired by a skyscraper in Simcity 4 (I wish I could play it with Windows 7 ), but ended up with something reminding a hospital.
Edit2: Interiors are quite empty, and I probably won't upload this. The main tower has only a very tall atrium with stairs and the smaller one has elevators.

Screenshots
Inventor
#215 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 9:23 AM
juhhmi -- That's incredible! Must have taken you hours.

Here's a little blue house I made for my legacy 'hood:

Test Subject
#216 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 10:48 AM
Thank you, Saturnfly! And yes, it took quite many hours (one reason why I didn't even bother to decorate the skyscraper's interiors...).

You have a cute and nicely detailed house there!
Test Subject
#217 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 2:14 AM
Hey guys! Here are a few of the houses I made. I love making houses! But I'm not big on landscaping, and they're kind of plain, so don't make fun.

I have a family living in this home so please ignore the gravestone lol, I forgot to move it.

Lab Assistant
#218 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 3:52 AM
I like your houses, wag1. I especially like the second one. That's a cool angle from the carport.

I'm not much of a house builder, but this is my favorite one I've ever made.

from the back and in daylight

Test Subject
#219 Old 24th Jun 2011 at 1:39 AM
you all have excellent lots built here! i'm inspired to build, but too lazy to go sit at my other computer : )
Forum Resident
#220 Old 24th Jun 2011 at 4:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Saturnfly
'Grandma's House'

Where did you get the flowers from? I absolutely love them. Reminds me of my own grandmothers house actually *tears up* You really set a cozy, nostalgic mood with the decor.

All of these houses are amazing and are making me miss my game a ton. Hopefully my new computer will be complete in a month or so.*sigh*

Tired of your workers' faces changing after you set a uniform? See this thread for more details and a potential fix.
-----
Check out my journal.
I now have a Simblr(in the making) please follow!
Simblr
Undead Molten Llama
#221 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 8:12 PM
Okey-dokes. So, I got Bon Voyage. And, I'm on the road, spending some time at a beach community, which has been awesome since where I live is landlocked. So, it's only natural that I try my hand at some beach lots, yes?

I dunno what happened with this one. It was supposed to be a little one-bedroom cottage kind of thing, the kind of place I'd like to retire to and be a professional beach bum. But then I got it in my head that I wanted "under the house" parking, which became difficult to make because of the unevenness of the lot I used plus the fact that I didn't want to make an actual "garage" with a door precisely 8 tiles back from the front of the lot, etc. In short, I made it difficult on myself and CFE became involved and...yeah. And then it became this three-bedroom thing with a big recreational space downstairs and more stairs than you can shake a palm frond at. I don't know what's up with that. But I like what I came up with, anyway. I even play-tested it a little bit with the Ramaswamis (I only ever use the Maxis families to play-test. ), and it turned out to be a fun house to play, so I'll probably be using it, assuming that it can be placed anywhere other than where I built it. Anyway, here you go.

The front:

As usual, landscaping = not my forte.

The back:

The floor plans, with decorating/furnishing for 5 or 6:

And here's a view of the living room, just 'cuz:

Test Subject
#222 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 4:23 PM
Nice lots again, everyone!

iCad, I especially like the floorplan and interior colours of your house!

I made this Rainforest Research Centre for a contest at TSR:
Quote:
Rainforest Research Centre is a science facility which was constructed to Vihrian rainforest after a generous donation from the owner of Simworld Corporation, Friedrich von Simstadt. One of the main focuses is finding plant medicines to several diseases such as the terrible Guinea Pig disease.

This residential lot is the largest possible, costs 220 119 ยง and it hasn't been test-played.

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/...mview=slideshow
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/...0Centre/1a.jpg?
Lab Assistant
#223 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 7:24 PM
Oh my god, that is the most awesome thing. I've always wanted something like that in my game, but my god, never came close to how awesome yours is. (though to be honest, if I put all those trees in my game, the computer would probably die)
Space Pony
#224 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 8:24 PM
My gosh, I love love love everyone's houses.(:

Please, call me Nym.
LJ | Tumblr | DW
Inventor
#225 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 11:00 PM
juhhmi, that really looks splendid and I hope you will post more photos. I'm sure it is not easy to show exterior shots with many trees on the lot, but I am curious to see more of the lot. I get tired of moving and deleting trees to take a few photos, to avoid getting frustrated trying to get a decent angle in the photo, so I often wait until after I've taken photos to finish the landscape. I applaud anyone for showing pictures taken with a full complement of trees.

I'm hoping to be done with a sim challenge by the weekend so I can be free to post more pictures of my lots. Funny how I always manage to find time to build another lot, but taking pictures and uploading seems like it steals so much of my time.
Page 9 of 40