Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 6:16 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 20th Dec 2014 at 7:45 PM.
Default Info | TS4 in-game cheats, options.ini and Origin options
--

Disabling the in-game tutorial: options.ini edit | Origin commandline option
Disabling sim/object highlights: Origin commandline option
Disabling all CC in one go: -ignoreMods (Origin command line) can be used to disable CC without having to move files around. Source

--

The in-game cheat console can be brought up by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+C. Input the following text into the text input field that appears at the top of the screen:

Technical:

• help – Lists all available commands into the command console
  • resetSim <FirstName> <LastName> – Resets the sim
  • fullscreen – Toggles full screen on/off
  • headlineeffects [on|off] – Hides all headline effects including the plumbob, thought balloons, etc
  • casclockspeed [0..10] (only in CAS) – Sets animation speed: 0 is pause, 10 is not, 1 is default

“Cheat” type cheats:

• death.toggle – Disables death so that sims don’t die
  • stats.fill_commodities_household – Fixes all needs for the current household
  • sims.fill_all_commodities – Fixes all needs for one sim
  • sims.give_satisfaction_points <#> – Guess what this does? Requires debug mode (testingcheats on)
  • sims.remove_all_buffs – Gets rid of all moodlets of a sim
  • aspirations.complete_current_milestone – Completes the current Aspiration Milestone
  • crafting.shorten_phases – Speeds up some parts of crafting (painting, woodworking)
  • stats.set_skill_level <skill> <level> – Sets <skill> to <level> on the active sim; known skill names:

• AdultMajor_Bartending
    • AdultMajor_Charisma
    • AdultMajor_Comedy
    • AdultMajor_HomestyleCooking
    • AdultMajor_Fishing
    • AdultMajor_Gardening
    • AdultMajor_GourmetCooking
    • AdultMajor_Guitar
    • AdultMajor_Handiness
    • AdultMajor_Logic
    • AdultMajor_Mischief
    • AdultMajor_Painting
    • AdulttMajor_Piano
    • AdultMajor_Programming
    • AdultMajor_Reaping
    • AdultMajor_RocketScience
    • AdultMajor_VideoGaming
    • AdultMajor_Violin
    • AdultMajor_Writing
    • Skill_Child_Creativity
    • Skill_Child_Mental
    • Skill_Child_Motor
    • Skill_Child_Social
    • Skill_Fitness

Funds:

• freerealestate [on|off] – Can be entered at neighborhood/world. If on, all homes are free while the cheat is active
  • sims.modify_funds <amount> adjusts the household funds by <amount> (negative numbers also work)
  • motherlode – provides 50.000 Simoleons
  • kaching – provides 1.000 Simoleons
  • rosebud – provides 1.000 Simoleons

Careers:

• careers.add_career <name> – for <name>, type the name of the career
  • careers.demote <name>
  • careers.promote <name>
  • careers.remove_career <name>

Automatification:

• households.autopay_bills automatically pays bills
  • ui.dialog.auto_respond Pop up dialogs: will choose cancel if available or select between the choices given
  • sims.spawnsimple <#> spawns random groups of sims (<#> is the number you want). If you put in a crazy number, the game will break

Objects:

• bb.showhiddenobjects – Unlocks debug and unlockable objects in Build/Buy
  • bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement – Unlocks all career rewards
  • bb.moveobjects will ignore placement rules
  • 0 and 9 while holding an object moves an object up and down (it doesn’t have to be against a wall) when moveobjects is active
  • Shift + ] and Shift + [ increase/decrease the size of objects – the equivalent keys vary with keyboard locale and layout: e.g. Shift + ß | ´ for German. Try the keys in the top right corner, next to Backspace.

From the 1.3.18.1010 patch notes, regarding the 0 and 9 keys:
Quote:
For those of you that use saved camera positions, we are aware of the shortcut key conflict, and are working to fix this. But we felt the up/down behavior was just too awesome not to mention it.

Debug:

• testingcheats [on|off] – Enables the use of further cheats (see note below)
  • testingcheats on followed by cas.fulleditmode allows all CAS abilities

Interaction Cheats are available by shift-clicking on objects and sims once the player has entered testingcheats true in the command console:

Shift-Clicking on Sims will bring up the following options:

• Reset Object will reset the Sim
  • Add to Family adds the Sim to the current family
  • Cheat Motive > Make Happy sets all motives to full and mood to Happy
  • Cheat Motive > Disable Motive Decay allows all motives to remain static (if they had been enabled)
  • Cheat Motive > Enable Motive Decay allows all motives to change dynamically (if they had been disabled)
  • Modify in CAS allows editing of everything but name and inherited traits

Shift-Clicking on objects will bring up the following options:

• Reset Object will reset the object
  • Set as Head sets the object as the active sim’s head

Shift-Clicking on dirtyable objects (toilet, sink etc) will bring up the following options:

• Make Dirty will make the object dirty
  • Make Clean will make the object clean when it’s already dirty

Shift-Clicking on the ground will bring up the following option:

• Teleport Me Here teleports the selected Sim as close to the clicked spot as possible

If you’re having difficulties getting the cheat console to show: you may need to use the keys on the LEFT hand side of the keyboard. See this thread.

--

Edit 2014-12-16: Added the Careersmas cheats above (those are marked ) and unificated the list – for people wanting to know which cheat got introduced with exactly which patch, please refer to the patch notes.

Edit 2014-09-12: Some workarounds for messed-up in-game relationships (allegedly due to game bugs): http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...e-relationships (TwistedMexi)

Edit 2014-09-11: SimGuruGrant posted a list of cheats over at EA forums (nothing new though).

Edit 2014-09-06: For a long list / discussion of “extended cheats” see here (TwistedMexi).
Edit 2014-09-05: the testingcheats cheat is listed with [true|false] in several guides (official ones too); apparently this is wrong or does not work for everyone.

“Soak testing” cheats (handymen, maids, party situation): see here (TwistedMexi).

--
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 2:55 AM
Thanks so much for posting this, Delphy. My daughter forgot to set the walk on one of her sims, and she was able to return to CAS and get her much desired "feminine walk". Kudos as always.

Any world created is a world alive. Nurture your creation as you would a child, then share it with others, and enrich this world we humans call Planet Earth.
Test Subject
#3 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 2:01 AM
Now with the Testingcheat on. I see it says you can edit in CAS. But you cannot redo the body form correct? I made a sim a bit too chunky and wanted to sculpt it down but it looks like there is no option to do that.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 2:06 AM
What are you doing exactly, just the "Modify in CAS" option or are you in "cas.fulleditmode" as well?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#5 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 2:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
What are you doing exactly, just the "Modify in CAS" option or are you in "cas.fulleditmode" as well?

The Modify in CAS. I just want to reshape the figure.
Test Subject
#6 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 2:21 AM
I didnt see a way to do that unless I am missing something?
Test Subject
#7 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 2:57 AM Last edited by Celegos : 4th Sep 2014 at 2:59 AM. Reason: forgot a important detail
The way to edit fully, is to type testingcheats true, then type cas.fulleditmode. After that, Shift click your sim and hit Edit in CAS. It should now allow you to fully edit your sim. Hope this helps.

Edit: Make sure to hit enter after testingcheats then, type cas.fulleditmode.
Test Subject
#8 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 9:19 PM
I have the same problem, i can't edit my sims in CAS with cas.fulleditmode
Test Subject
#9 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 5:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Yainzar
I have the same problem, i can't edit my sims in CAS with cas.fulleditmode

Open up the cheat console. Type in testingcheats true. Hit enter. Then after that when it pops up saying cheats are enabled, type in cas.fulleditmode . Then shift click your sim and edit it in CAS. :D
Test Subject
#10 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 5:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Celegos
Open up the cheat console. Type in testingcheats true. Hit enter. Then after that when it pops up saying cheats are enabled, type in cas.fulleditmode . Then shift click your sim and edit it in CAS. :D

Tyvm, is working now :P
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 11:14 PM
The plumbob stays even after I put in headlineeffects on

The Sims 1: The gameplay was good, many things to do if you have all expansion packs. 5/10
The Sims 2: Great for machinima, not gameplays 9/10
The Sims 3: Great Gameplay 7/10
The Sims 4: Improving but so far 8/10
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 3:03 AM
Yeah that's a known bug.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
#13 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 3:44 AM
Thank you so much,
Test Subject
#14 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 3:43 PM
Hello there MoveObjctes on / off for The Sims 4?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 4:22 PM
There is no moveobjects for TS4.

Test Subject
#16 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 5:57 PM
Very nice.
Test Subject
#17 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 1:49 PM
Can you tell us how to close the cheat window? PLEASE.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 8:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NikkiWaters
Can you tell us how to close the cheat window? PLEASE.

The same way you opened it. CTRL-SHFT-C
Test Subject
#19 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 3:08 AM
I really need this to work and it is absolutely not. the "headlineeffects on" or "headlineeffects off" is just not working. It's not doing anything. Why is this?

Edit: Okay, nevermind. It's working. Is there anyway to remove plumbob? I thought that was supposed to...
Forum Resident
#20 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 3:26 AM
I saw this earlier for the plumbobs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xxOa0INhyY
Test Subject
#21 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 12:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
There is no moveobjects for TS4.

Thank you very much for answers. Too bad there is not had willingly put shrubs and trees in bloom.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 2:32 PM
There is a mod for that now available, look in the Game Mods section in Downloads.

Scholar
#23 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 3:38 PM
Is cas.fulleditmode known to be broken? Or is it just the way I'm using it? :

I play Household A. Ugly townie from Household B jogs by. I pull Ugly Townie into CAS (fulleditmode) and fix whatever is annoying me about him or her. When I click the checkmark, most often the result is that Household B is now the active household, sometimes with the bonus that the game crashes.

Is there a better way to fix ugly townies on the fly?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 3:58 AM
Updated OP with additions from 1.0.732.20 and one Origin command line option (-ignoreMods; handy for testing).

Test Subject
#25 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 9:32 PM
Change skill level of selected Sim

stats.set_skill_level <skill name> <level>

example:
click sim
ctrl+shift+c
stats.set_skill_level AdultMajor_Charisma 10

yields charisma skill on the sim being mastered
*Not sure if it can go higher than 10, or if decimals can be used

Known Skill Names:
AdultMajor_Charisma