3 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#226 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 8:36 PM
If anyone has a request pending with me, send me a PM and remind me. I've gone over my list and my inbox, and I feel like there's one I'm forgetting. I have a little bit of time, so I might be able to finish it.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#227 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 9:25 PM
My husband just bought a number of games through Steam and though I do enjoy playing games other than Sims, my first reaction to what he got was "SimCity 4 - now I can make my own terrains!"
Mad Poster
#228 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 9:05 AM
This one is truly random. I was watching the Mr. Robot marathon today and found myself wishing he could hack the sims 2 source code files for us.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Forum Resident
#229 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 9:49 AM
I love it when teenagers are sneaking out, walking on tip-toes, being awfully discreet - and then the sim they're sneaking out with arrives to pick them up in a freaking limousine

I am Error.
Mad Poster
#230 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 3:54 PM Last edited by smorbie1 : 31st Dec 2015 at 8:52 PM.
Speaking of sneaking, Monica Bratford and kids moved into a new house last night. The gypsy showed up all tippytoes to leave them a lamp. Monica was walking like a step behind her. Seriously, stop being stealthy when the whole household can see you.

This may sound strange, but I would like a mod that would allow children to get the mail. They don't have to pay the bills, but they could at least fetch them.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Theorist
#231 Old 1st Jan 2016 at 6:11 AM
I just moved the Gavigan family from the bin and soon as they moved in and the taxi was leaving, there was Nathan telling a dirty joke, then a loud 'boing' sound and Mary was mad at him. Her (or maybe both) aspiration and their relationship points dropped. So they head into the house and he's ready to tell another. I know a lot of sims don't like the jokes, but never this drastically. They have now moved back to the bin.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#232 Old 1st Jan 2016 at 9:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1

This may sound strange, but I would like a mod that would allow children to get the mail. They don't have to pay the bills, but they could at least fetch them.

But... There are not only bills. There are love letters and free meal vouchers too.
Forum Resident
#233 Old 1st Jan 2016 at 9:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Duine
I just moved the Gavigan family from the bin and soon as they moved in and the taxi was leaving, there was Nathan telling a dirty joke, then a loud 'boing' sound and Mary was mad at him. Her (or maybe both) aspiration and their relationship points dropped. So they head into the house and he's ready to tell another. I know a lot of sims don't like the jokes, but never this drastically. They have now moved back to the bin.

I had that happen with the Goodies. I didn't realize how badly it had hurt their relationship until Herbert tried to fulfill a want by kissing Faith and she rejected the interaction, further dropping their relationship. While trying to fix the relationship I had to pay attention to him because he kept trying to tell dirty jokes autonomously, and apparently Faith really didn't think he was funny. It took me a couple of sim days to get their relationship back to where Faith was accepting all of Herbert's romantic wants, but she still hated his jokes even when their relationship bars both were full.

Of course, in the hood I'm playing now, Faith is telling dirty jokes to any of the other families that she visits, even mere acquaintances. Sims are weird.
Mad Poster
#234 Old 1st Jan 2016 at 10:09 AM
Oh, these days when my sims told dirty jokes.... Now I almost forgot abot them and use dirty jokes only on dates. It is here: no autonomous dirty jokes
Mad Poster
#235 Old 1st Jan 2016 at 3:08 PM Last edited by gummilutt : 1st Jan 2016 at 3:18 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1

Easy enough to do, since I already dug out the mailbox pie menu for my no autonomous get mail mod.
No autonomous get mail + children get mail
Children get mail only
Only for AL or M&G users. If anyone wants it and has a different setup, let me know and I'll modify the correct one for you.

Sim children will float when getting the things out of the mailbox. I'm not an animator, and I don't want to be either, so I can't fix the floating but if anyone else wants to they are welcome to.

Theorist
#236 Old 1st Jan 2016 at 6:22 PM
The no autonomous jokes isn't compatible with some of those other mods which I use. I think it's only in an opened shop too. (if I read it correctly) Thanks anyway (:

Mad Poster
#237 Old 1st Jan 2016 at 7:04 PM
*** POSSIBLE CONFLICT DETECTED ***
File Type: BHAV
Procedure Name: Social - Entertain - Dirty Joke - TEST
Group ID: 0x7F01EC29
Instance ID: 0x0000207A
Packages Containing This Procedure:
\downloads\aaaSocial Sanity Fixes.package
\downloads\noautonomousdirtyjokes.package

This is what I have . BUT this is only LOAD ORDER , not conflict.
Theorist
#238 Old 1st Jan 2016 at 7:19 PM
The post says it works in opened shops. It will work all the time even off community owned business?

Mad Poster
#239 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 5:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Easy enough to do, since I already dug out the mailbox pie menu for my no autonomous get mail mod.
No autonomous get mail + children get mail
Children get mail only
Only for AL or M&G users. If anyone wants it and has a different setup, let me know and I'll modify the correct one for you.

Sim children will float when getting the things out of the mailbox. I'm not an animator, and I don't want to be either, so I can't fix the floating but if anyone else wants to they are welcome to.

You could get rid of that if you figured out how to activate the little step that children use for things like reaching the counter.

My sims have never autonomously got the mail. Lazy sods!
Mad Poster
#240 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 11:32 AM
No autonomous dirty jokes is listed in his No Autonomous Socials Collection too: http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=94748
Just only THIS mod separate you can find in his shop socials page. I found I don't need all of his socials restrictions.
No one of my sims have business and they tell dirty jokes only when I direct them so. Just make this mod load last.
Mad Poster
#241 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 2:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
You could get rid of that if you figured out how to activate the little step that children use for things like reaching the counter.

My sims have never autonomously got the mail. Lazy sods!

I know, but that's assuming that the mailbox is at the correct level using the stool. Would look weirder with clipping than floating, I'd think. I looked at it for my juicing enabled mod, but I don't know enough yet. I'm decent at editing existing BHAVs, but not at creating them. In the end it ends up being a matter of what I consider worth more time, and the floating does not bother me much so that I think it more important spending hours and hours on it when I could use that time to create new things. If I had more time for Sim-creating, definitely, but since it's a few hours a month and a little extra over holidays, Sim children will just have to float for now

My Sims don't autonomously get the mail either, but my roomies do constantly, and they end up swallowing date cards, meal tickets and post cards that were meant for my Sims. If I see them doing it I can have them gift it to my Sim, but I don't always notice so I prefer if they just don't get the mail. It's never for them any way.

Top Secret Researcher
#242 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 2:53 PM
Hmmm I'm thinking it has to do less with being lazy and more with knowing they'll have to pay bills. I mean, isn't that why we avoid getting the mail.
Mad Poster
#243 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 4:21 AM
Sometimes I drive myself crazy. I've been having an issue with a Sim of mine not gaining enthusiasm, which is interfering with my story, I finally decided to tackle troubleshooting it, and I've spent the last three hours doing 50/50. The culprit? A Cyjon mod. Doing exactly what it's designed to do, stop younger Sims from gaining above a certain level of enthusiasm *facepalm*

Not the first time I end up finding a mod I forgot I had. Why I ever wanted that mod, I don't know, but clearly I did. I thought I had a good idea of what mods I have after going over all of them in my download cleaning prior to the last hood rebuild, but this is the third time I find a mod I did not think I had since I went through them. I guess I should take the hint and make a proper list with detailed descriptions, so that I can search that before I go on a 50/50.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#244 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 4:54 AM
What a pain, although I'm sure most of us have been there in one way or another. I could not figure out why this sim could not give birth, had to exit without saving 3 times in a row, was about to do a 50/50. Found it was No Sim Loaded-but my fault since I had not read properly and not included smarter EP check.

When I find a mod I don't need I do a search under Start and remove all incidences of it because it can be lurking in a backup.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#245 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 6:00 PM
Thanks, Gummi for the mailbox hack!

I never have to do 50/50. That was such a pain and, since I'm constantly in and out of my downloads, adding new stuff, I had to do the 5//50 often. So now I have three folders in my downloads, marked 1, 2, and well, you get the pattern. Inside the 1 folder are folders with the same pattern. New cc always goes in folder one. If I add cc more than once that day, it goes in folder 1, subfolder 2, or 3, or 4...
The next day all folder 3 items are placed in the download section, 2 moved to 1, and 1 unpacked of cc in subfolders is moved to 2. This gives me three days to play with all cc in my game to find any bugs. Offending content is removed to be tried again at a later date in another order. It sounds more complicated than it is, and it certainly beats the heck out of 50/50.

Mad Poster
#246 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 8:06 PM
If you've never seen it, go and watch the animation right now for a sim teaching their pet to "play dead". It's funny and sweet, and it never fails to make me laugh.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Scholar
#247 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
If you've never seen it, go and watch the animation right now for a sim teaching their pet to "play dead". It's funny and sweet, and it never fails to make me laugh.

I found it quite terrifying at first. It does look way too much like the death animation.
Instructor
#248 Old 4th Jan 2016 at 12:57 AM
Closed fireplaces should not cause fires! I almost lost my entire family today because of one! >
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#249 Old 4th Jan 2016 at 1:28 AM
You should always have a sprinkler above a fireplace and no rug near it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#250 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 3:37 PM
Bingo!!
TSR small easel + BV camera + S3 Investigators board = evidence of crime committed by sneaky newspaper stealers.
Page 10 of 511