Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#176 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 10:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I do appreciate what you do, really! Your mod makes perfect sense. And I use a number of your mods myself too. As for the jump rope - it is the lazy ones, in my game (and opinion), who gets fat and needs to do it

Very true. I absolutely agree that the lazy ones often need it the most. But they are also the least likely to like it. That's how they get fat in the first place They need to be told, because they wouldn't do it voluntarily. So it still makes sense to me to have this mod, so the lazy ones get fat if you don't keep an eye on them. Yeah, I'm an @$$ that way :D
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#177 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 2:27 PM
I liked jump rope until playing apartments forced me to deny it autonomously to my sims. You ruined it for everyone, apartment neighbours who did nothing else but stand outside and do it all day long!
Mad Poster
#178 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 2:55 PM
Apartments are illegal in my hood
Mad Poster
#179 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 3:42 PM
Jump rope doesn't make them fit unless you have mod what fix it.
Mad Poster
#180 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 3:50 PM
Actually it does, it just takes a long time. I had a sim get fit solely from jumping rope long before I got any mods in.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone jumping rope at an apartment. Put something for them to do in the common area, and I bet you won't, either.

I like apartments, but I wish the coding was more stable. I always have to move the family when glitches accumulate to critical mass. They can be great fun, though, especially for families, and are an interesting challenge to build in order to reduce glitchiness and annoyances.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#181 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 3:56 PM
I find the idea of apartments appealing, and had some fun playing - but I stopped solely because of the glitching. So, sorry, Sims, but in Houses you will stay

Thinking of starting a simblr or a LJ or something - recommendations, anyone?
Mad Poster
#182 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 6:29 PM
I'd like apartments more if they were more neighborhood accessible-for other apartments and other residential lots. I rarely play them because of those two problems.

Of course I could just set one to be residential and have lockable doors, but that becomes expensive, and other problems pop up.

Not good coding at all for that EP.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#183 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 6:39 PM
What... How could you not like apartments? For, without them, you can have no 'Apartment Hallway Smustle'!

Scholar
#184 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 7:22 PM
To each his or her own, but there is very little that upsets me more than that dawgdarned travesty of a dance called smustle.
Mad Poster
#185 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 9:15 PM
The Apartment Smustle - hahahaha! That is one awesome pic However, my Sims will have to smustle somewhere else!
Mad Poster
#186 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 9:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BoilingOil
To each his or her own, but there is very little that upsets me more than that dawgdarned travesty of a dance called smustle.

What, you don't like to do the Timewarp?

(Kids these days are calling a version of it the skyrim shuffle. Gave me a chance to embarrass my kids. *grin* Seems to be one of those things that recurs every so many years, that dance.)

JustPetro, seems like most folks are using tumblr these days. But there are some big pet peeves with tumblr, too. Poke around and see what people say about 'replies' before you commit. If people like what you write, they will track you down and bookmark you no matter where you are.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Forum Resident
#187 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 9:37 PM

While the notorious smustle can in some situations be funny it is for the most part an annoying interruption. I may just make it illegal to smustle in my game. Is there a mod to prevent this. (Oh, and, I simply cannot play Sims 2 with out many of your mods! Thank You!!)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#188 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 9:55 PM

It's the reactions of the other sims that amuse me rather than the smustle itself- the paper girl stood there for half the morning waiting to reach the door!
Forum Resident
#189 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 10:05 PM
I adore the smustle. Not only because it's a funny dance (especially when one of the sims doing it falls out of rhytm with the others), but also because in the family I play, everyone does the smustle I've got several pics of them doing it together, and every time I see a picture of members of that family doing the smustle I think "Yup, that's the Neighbours alright" (What I was thinking when I was 14 and named the founding sim Neighbour remains a mystery. Espcially since it's both his first and last name.)

I am Error.
Mad Poster
#190 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 10:06 PM
Ah, one has to do the time warp at least once - preferably on a table, with a ghost from the Rocky Horror Show cast teaching you how to do it properly (while they are fixing the technical problem on stage )
Scholar
#191 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 10:21 PM Last edited by BoilingOil : 14th Dec 2015 at 10:35 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by teafortwo
While the notorious smustle can in some situations be funny it is for the most part an annoying interruption. I may just make it illegal to smustle in my game. Is there a mod to prevent this. (Oh, and, I simply cannot play Sims 2 with out many of your mods! Thank You!!)

You should totally check out BO - Smustle Limited!!! It has three great pros:
  • It is made by someone who made many mods that you cannot do without ( ).
  • It seriously limits the smustle to downtownies and sims on downtown lots.
  • If you combine it with BO - Music & Dance Fixes sims can only autonomously smustle if there is music playing.
Inventor
#192 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 11:22 PM
I have to admit to starting Smustle mobs for my own amusement. Mostly I did this in dorms, when I was playing just one or two sims. I would get the dance going, then send my sim off to class or other college work and just watch how long it would go. At least once it lasted all day until the dormies were forced to retreat to their rooms in the late night hours.
Forum Resident
#193 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 11:30 PM
That's brilliant, and "Smustle mobs" might be the best word I've heard today.

I am Error.
Forum Resident
#194 Old 15th Dec 2015 at 1:05 AM
You should totally check out BO - Smustle Limited!!! It has three great pros:
  • It is made by someone who made many mods that you cannot do without ( ).
  • It seriously limits the smustle to downtownies and sims on downtown lots.
  • If you combine it with BO - Music & Dance Fixes sims can only autonomously smustle if there is music playing.

Thank you! Downloaded. Setting limits makes sense. When playing a household lot the autonomous smustle can seriously interrupt getting more important things done. ( BTW I am PattyHeart at Leefish )
Forum Resident
#195 Old 15th Dec 2015 at 1:34 AM
At my first Uni sports party everyone just smustled in the bathroom. Good times.

Anyway, has anyone thought of theme/character songs for the premade characters? I heard Ex's And Oh's on the radio today and it seriously reminds me of Olive Specter (except her exes are literally ghosts, of course)

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Mad Poster
#196 Old 15th Dec 2015 at 3:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kligma
That's brilliant, and "Smustle mobs" might be the best word I've heard today.

You've seen videos of FLASH mobs breaking into song or dance or both? Can you picture a SMUSTLE flash mob! Somebody has to do that! I can't even figure out if the moves are humanly possible!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Forum Resident
#197 Old 15th Dec 2015 at 12:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
You've seen videos of FLASH mobs breaking into song or dance or both? Can you picture a SMUSTLE flash mob! Somebody has to do that! I can't even figure out if the moves are humanly possible!

Yes! Complete with the noises and all! "A-dibby dibby DI!"

I am Error.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#198 Old 15th Dec 2015 at 12:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kligma
"A-dibby dibby DI!"

Ooh-oooh! *Clap* *turn*
Inventor
#199 Old 15th Dec 2015 at 1:57 PM
I would be both somewhat amused and terrified if I somehow helped inspire a Smustle mob in the real world...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#200 Old 15th Dec 2015 at 2:44 PM
I didn't realise that the smustle was a dance that only Sims did. I'll have to see if my Sims can teach me the steps.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Page 8 of 511