Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#9851 Old 24th Jan 2023 at 1:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
I'm sure somebody else posted about that Cubic TV the other day.
They did! LimeyYoshi posted about it on 13th January in the Stupid/Random Questions thread.

Whoever disagreed with simsfreq should check their facts before clicking that button. It only took me a couple of minutes to find LimeyYoshi's post.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#9852 Old 24th Jan 2023 at 2:43 PM
Someone posted earlier that you can ask someone to join a group chat.

I found out that there's an autonomous action there, too.

In one of Arundel's families, they have 3 children-2 teens and a child-found them all deep in discussion without any interference from me.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Lab Assistant
#9853 Old 25th Jan 2023 at 11:02 AM Last edited by guirnaldas : 30th Jan 2023 at 8:33 AM.
fr I discovered how to fix the cubic tv by placing a mirror beside
see what i mean

***edit: anyway I attached a fixed tv that does not mirror in case anyone wanna try
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Television_Floor_Cubic_flippedimagefix.zip (217.5 KB, 2 downloads)
Scholar
#9854 Old 30th Jan 2023 at 10:51 PM
I put in a tent in one of my houses' backyards thinking it would be fun for the kids. They can do backyard camping on the weekends. I've never much used tents before. I discovered that adults can go in the tent autonomously, including guests, and who knows what all they're doing in there--I thought they were just chatting--but suddenly my happily married Sim has a crush on her coworker.
Top Secret Researcher
#9855 Old 1st Feb 2023 at 3:40 PM
If a room gets taken by a dormie, you can delete the dormie and then claim the room. But the dormie comes back and still acts as if the room is theirs and will be able to lock it. The room's furniture will still be visible even though it's locked though so the room seems to be in a weird middle state. Only way to prevent issues is to delete the dormie who comes back every play session. But I haven't tried making the dormie selectable and unclaim the room, that may work too.

I didn't get enough time to claim all the rooms and I did it pretty much immediately! Dormies were already there.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#9856 Old 2nd Feb 2023 at 8:02 PM
I know this is old news probably, but you can disable any and all of the lots in the game from showing up by using either the "disable" function in the Sims 2 Clean pack installer, or if you don't have that , renaming the lots from ".package" to ".off" which will do the same thing.

But, of course, be careful if you're renaming lots and don't forget to put in the "." before the "off" word. All bad things will happen. What, I don't know but I don't want to be the person who does it, you know?

It's a good way to keep them in the game while not having to see them all the time. That goes for your own lots as well.

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Inventor
#9857 Old 3rd Feb 2023 at 10:09 AM
A young adult can lie on her back and watch the ceiling while "hanging out". I've never seen this before with other people, and don't know what the conditions for this move are. Usualy they squat down in one of several poses with their torso upright. I like this talking interaction over others, even if it seems unrealistic to be sitting on the floor.
Inventor
#9858 Old 6th Feb 2023 at 8:20 PM
You can't "shoo" through diagonal doors because it looks for a door spanning two rooms and a diagonal door exists only in one. Applies to the manual command as well as when using a toilet. It could have looked on attributes 3 and 4.
Instructor
#9859 Old 7th Feb 2023 at 9:05 AM
This is what happens when the newspaper turns dirty mid-use.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#9860 Old 7th Feb 2023 at 10:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
A young adult can lie on her back and watch the ceiling while "hanging out". I've never seen this before with other people, and don't know what the conditions for this move are. Usualy they squat down in one of several poses with their torso upright. I like this talking interaction over others, even if it seems unrealistic to be sitting on the floor.
Interesting that you've not seen this before. My Sims do this a lot. Mostly I see it when my Sims are hanging out outside (often on the sidewalk/pavement in front of their house). I suppose the sky is more interesting than the ceiling, with clouds by day and stars by night. (And the Veronaville night sky isn't ruined by light pollution like ours is!) I think too I mostly see it with teens and children, but then I spend a lot of my Simming time playing teens and children. Perhaps I find that their lack of adult responsibilities makes their lives a bit more fun.

Screenshots

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Instructor
#9861 Old 8th Feb 2023 at 8:49 PM
This can also happen while hanging out...
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#9862 Old 9th Feb 2023 at 1:08 AM
I had a dude start crying seemingly out of nowhere, in his activity queue it said "react to disliking" with the painting-icon, so I'm assuming someone dissed one of his childhood drawings hanging on the wall and it hurt his feelings. I don't think I've ever seen that one. Poor guy.

I am Error.
Lab Assistant
#9863 Old 9th Feb 2023 at 1:53 PM
I was watching The Sims Lore's video about NPCs that terrified her today and it somehow never dawned on me that I could impregnate someone via Tombstone of Life & Death or the SimBlender with a Grim Reaper's child when they are on the lot. But then again I'm also scared of breaking my game. I don't think this could do it since I don't move Grim in but I'm not 100% certain. I mean if it was possible, I would love to do this with one of my witch families. I already have Titania Summerdream in mind.
Mad Poster
#9864 Old 9th Feb 2023 at 2:37 PM
It’s not dangerous with the Tombstone, but it’s not worth the effort, either. Grim has no DNA, so it grabs it from an unaltered template, usually Face 2, and Grim appears in the family tree with out being touched and without any interesting consequences.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#9865 Old 9th Feb 2023 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
It’s not dangerous with the Tombstone, but it’s not worth the effort, either. Grim has no DNA, so it grabs it from an unaltered template, usually Face 2, and Grim appears in the family tree with out being touched and without any interesting consequences.

It would be more about storytelling than genetics for me. So then I will go ahead with Titania and Death having a child once Death appears on her lot.
Inventor
#9866 Old 15th Feb 2023 at 3:20 AM
When you turn on a computer there is an Award BIOS screen with an EPA Pollution Preventer logo in the shape of a mouse (animal).
Mad Poster
#9867 Old 15th Feb 2023 at 5:20 AM
That pixels can have the want 'to plant a seed'.
Never saw that before-trees and bushes, sure.

Instructor
#9868 Old 17th Feb 2023 at 2:41 PM Last edited by LiliLiliLili : 17th Feb 2023 at 2:58 PM.
Plantsims' water need is satisfied when a water ballon is thrown at them. At the moment it happens, not just during the fight while nothing hits them.

edit: added pictures

Look at the middle need, that is water. Note: I have a mod that makes the bar whiter when it is full.
Screenshots
Inventor
#9869 Old 26th Feb 2023 at 8:06 PM
The developers have fixed the shopping motive in Mansion to refill when the person is idle, and it can no longer be used.

While I initially cursed the restaurant podium, over time I learned to work with shopping, as a general push for people to do an activity that is neither fun, nor social. It's one of the reasons why people go to a commlot, to do shopping.
Mad Poster
#9870 Old 26th Feb 2023 at 9:38 PM
I've learned a few things in the last couple of days -- without actually managing to play properly.

(1) I've discovered that the Lot Description (LTXT) Instance number gives you the number for the corresponding Lot file in the neighbourhood's Lots folder.
Thus, in our Veronaville, 5 Pentameter Parkway has a Lot Description (LTXT) Instance of 0x00000030 Hex or 48 Decimal. The decimal version gives the lots filename: it's "N003_Lot48.package".

(2) Although every lot in the neighbourhood has a corresponding file in the neighbourhood's Lots Folder, not every file in the Lots folder corresponds to a lot in the neighbourhood.
Thus I have 234 lot files in the Veronaville Lot folder, but when I add up all the lots in Veronaville and its sub-hoods, the total only comes to 202. Some of the extra files are copies of lots in the Lot Bin that I used as the basis for new lots that I made. Others appear to be pure duplicates. The latter are highlighted in pink when I use Mootilda's Clean Installer to list all the lots in the folder.

(3) When I quit the game, it saves a lot of files that I wouldn't expect it to save. I opened Veronaville Downtown. I made Sims in CAS (for the purpose of "rolling the pacifier" / making things more random. I didn't save any Sims from CAS to the game. Then I opened the "Gaia" LGBT nightclub in Build/Buy mode, but didn't make any changes or save the lot. I returned to the neighbourhood and, after a while quit the game from there. I never played any Sims in Live Mode. But, when I looked at the files, I saw that it had saved 158 Character files as I was quitting. I mean 158!! I only have 538. I looked at some of them. (Life's too short to look at them all.) For the most part they're a fair cross section of my active playables and townies, but they also included a few long-dead ancestors of the pre-mades. Now I don't resurrect Sims, and I even have haunting by ghosts modded out. So these are Sims who have never really been in my game. (Their ghosts may have appeared for a few seconds some ten years ago when I moved them to the municipal cemetery.) File N003_Neighborhood.package was saved, as were all three sub-hood neighbourhood files. And lot file N003_Lot104.package was saved too. That's the file for the Gaia nightclub -- the one that I did have open, but made a point of not altering and not saving.

My normal way of quitting the game is to save the lot I'm playing and then quit to the Neighbourhood. After briefly watching the cars driving round and the pigeons flying over, I'll quit the game. Since I'd already saved everything, I didn't worry much if the game crashed on exiting, as I presumed it had very little more to do. But it looks like it's doing a great deal when closing down. I'll maybe have to be a lot more careful in future. It's one of the times when April Black says a crash might cause corruption.

(4) I found a fourth Veronaville paper deliverer -- a boy called Justus Bruenig -- who has never delivered a paper in all the years I;ve been playing the town. In fact he's never shown up in my game at all. Maybe he's shy. Or afraid he catches Covid!

It seems that you learn most about this game when it goes wrong!!

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9871 Old 26th Feb 2023 at 11:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
My normal way of quitting the game is to save the lot I'm playing and then quit to the Neighbourhood. After briefly watching the cars driving round and the pigeons flying over, I'll quit the game. Since I'd already saved everything, I didn't worry much if the game crashed on exiting, as I presumed it had very little more to do. But it looks like it's doing a great deal when closing down.

Exiting the neighbourhood is the point at which the state of the neighbourhood is saved. So any changes you do to the hood deco for example. If I make a test neighbourhood, add some trees and shut down the game from task manager, when I re-load the game those trees will not be there.
The neighbourhood state is also saved when you enter a subhood, or a lot. So if I add the trees, then make a lot and enter it, when I crash the game from there, the trees will have been saved.

I also noticed that when you make a sim in CAS, delete it in CAS and then make another,the game will have reserved that character number. So if you make a test neighborhood, enter CAS right away and make a sim, that will be N00x_User00000.package. Then make another sim, it will be N00x_User00001.package. Delete the first sim from CAS, and make a third, that one will be N00x_User00002.package. If you look in the characters folder, there will be three character files, even though you deleted the first. Not until you exit CAS will the N00x_User00000.package be removed from the folder. If you enter CAS again and make a fourth sim, that one will now be assigned N00x_User00000.package.

Likewise, if you make a test neighbourhood and make a lot, that lot will be numbered N00x_Lot1.package. Delete it, and make a second lot- that one will be N00x_Lot2.package. The next N00x_Lot3.package and so on. But if you exit the neighbourhood then re-enter again, then make another lot, it will receive the previously reserved N00x_Lot1.package filename.

The neighbourhood view and CAS both have an undo history, this is cleared each time you exit. I always think that, when you are spending a long time placing trees and effects and moving lots around to get your neighbourhood view looking good, you should exit often- either by going to a subhood or entering a lot- to save the state. This ensures that your progress is not lost, and it also clears the undo history from memory.

Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I found a fourth Veronaville paper deliverer -- a boy called Justus Bruenig -- who has never delivered a paper in all the years I;ve been playing the town.

The game only uses the first three service sims:
https://modthesims.info/showthread....097#post5015097
Instructor
#9872 Old 27th Feb 2023 at 11:15 PM
hello simmers, I have played little compared to all of you, so every day I see new things, today I read this post and I want to share with you one thing... I made a batch with special sims (wolf, vampire, zombie, witch, etc...) and the wolf, since he is so dirty (he has already transformed many times, he has 0 neatness), I have to force him to take him to the shower, today I don't know why, I was watching him take a shower and I noticed that his bladder It downloaded, I was amazed! the guy was peeing in the shower! (I didn't see it, since the shower is one of those with curtains), did you know this?
Mad Poster
#9873 Old 28th Feb 2023 at 3:21 AM
Many of us did, but that shouldn't lessen the thrill of finding something new to you, and I bet people who didn't know that will read this and go "Whoa?! Really?" It's such a complex game, even people who play for years can still be surprised. Isn't it great?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#9874 Old 1st Mar 2023 at 2:33 PM
Nebula Zone went to College. She's an alien Neither of her two "dads" showed up in the dorm cutscene. It's too bad, she didn't get the sentimental hug.
Alchemist
#9875 Old 1st Mar 2023 at 4:08 PM
I read about this, then confirmed it was true - in a new Pleasantview, if Don looks through the telescope, he'll spy on Dina, not Mortimer.
Page 395 of 445