Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[Public Beta] The Randomizer Mod - REWORKED!

by Lyralei Posted 16th Jun 2022 at 4:30 PM - Updated 8th Nov 2023 at 12:43 PM by Lyralei

226 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 188 Feedback Posts, 37 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 7 of 10
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#151 Old 12th Sep 2022 at 9:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KendallxLavender
Hi so i dont know if im doing something wrong or what but when I go into the retuner settings, it does not give the option to change the chance of an event, only the cooldown for them.

Sorry for the late reply @KendallxLavender !

The later version actually doesn't use any chance-based options anymore as that proved to be chaotic and super unbalanced. Instead, it uses a "wait x amount of days before attempting to trigger it again". hope this helps!
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#152 Old 12th Sep 2022 at 9:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zelkat13
Hey! I've translated your mod to Spanish, how could I send the files to you?

Thank you for doing that! Sending them through PM or simply attaching them to your reply is perfectly fine! (for the latter, make sure to click the "Go advanced" button on the bottom of the reply box, and then scroll all the way down in the next screen till you see "Upload"
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#153 Old 12th Sep 2022 at 9:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ann_dorf
Ummm I can't see the number
https://postimg.cc/wR3Yf897

That must be a bug then! Will take that into account with the next update
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#154 Old 12th Sep 2022 at 9:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kaellstroem
Great mod! I translated the strings for you to Swedish, if you would like to add them to the official mod. I have tested them.

Awesome! I'll add the translations as soon as I can
Test Subject
#155 Old 15th Sep 2022 at 7:51 PM
Hi! I've noticed that this mod doesn't work with "Knitting for TS3 - Interaction and Skill" by zoe22 . Is there any way to fix this? Cause I really like both
Scholar
#156 Old 17th Sep 2022 at 1:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FrN0679
Hi! I've noticed that this mod doesn't work with "Knitting for TS3 - Interaction and Skill" by zoe22 . Is there any way to fix this? Cause I really like both

Wow, I didn't know this I was wondering why randomizer do not work for me and I have zoe22's mod too. Situations just not trigger in my game at all.
Yea, it would be great to have it fixed, cuz this mod looks very cool.
Test Subject
#157 Old 23rd Sep 2022 at 3:36 PM
Randomizer Translated for Brazilian
I play TS3 with this mod for a while, and yes have some texts that translate didn't work. But I hope you have the best experience and thanks for de creator.

OBS: Just replace Core and Base mod, the others don't have strings to translate. XoXo :lovestruc
Attached files:
File Type: rar  PTBR.rar (193.1 KB, 18 downloads)
Test Subject
#158 Old 24th Sep 2022 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
Sorry for the late reply @KendallxLavender !

The later version actually doesn't use any chance-based options anymore as that proved to be chaotic and super unbalanced. Instead, it uses a "wait x amount of days before attempting to trigger it again". hope this helps!

Thank you, that makes sense!
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#159 Old 26th Sep 2022 at 10:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nemiga
Wow, I didn't know this I was wondering why randomizer do not work for me and I have zoe22's mod too. Situations just not trigger in my game at all.
Yea, it would be great to have it fixed, cuz this mod looks very cool.

@Nemiga , @FrN0679

Did you both get the latest version? The earliest version had a ton of bugs that would prevent basically all mods you owned to function strangely. This isn't the case in the new version.

If you are playing with the latest version, then that's really odd, because I've successfully been able to knit objects and stuff in my current big save (both with Zoe's mod latest version and the randomizer). Maybe try it in a fresh new save (so, new world > plop in a family and play them) and see if that works? TS3 can be annoying like that :p
Inventor
THANKS POST
#160 Old 2nd Oct 2022 at 5:49 PM
How fun, my first thing was big house fire!
Field Researcher
#161 Old 2nd Oct 2022 at 11:14 PM
I'm having trouble getting this to fire properly. I have all the mods in the mods folder (tried overrides folder too) and nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? Do you mind helping me out? Thanks
Scholar
#162 Old 8th Oct 2022 at 5:19 PM
@Nemiga , @FrN0679

Did you both get the latest version? The earliest version had a ton of bugs that would prevent basically all mods you owned to function strangely. This isn't the case in the new version.

If you are playing with the latest version, then that's really odd, because I've successfully been able to knit objects and stuff in my current big save (both with Zoe's mod latest version and the randomizer). Maybe try it in a fresh new save (so, new world > plop in a family and play them) and see if that works? TS3 can be annoying like that :p

Yes I'm using the latest version, also I notice that with this mod game freeze from time to time. As soon as I taken out mod, the problem was gone. I don't know if Knitting mod is causing issue or else, cuz there is no script error and dashboard do not detect conflicts either. But one is for sure, mod is not working as it suppose to :/ It's kind of sad cuz I would like to have more custom events in game just spice up gameplay
Test Subject
#163 Old 9th Oct 2022 at 8:29 PM
Default error message when loading into egypt save file
my sim travelled to egypt when i was last playing the game, and when i loaded up the save file the following day i got an error message as soon as the save file loaded. i've added a screenshot for you that i hope helps

thank you for making such a fun and amazing mod
Screenshots
Test Subject
#164 Old 20th Oct 2022 at 12:42 PM
@Nemiga , @FrN0679

Yes, I have the latest version of your mod and zoe´s. As Nemiga said, there seems to be no conflict but for some reason the events won't go off. When I noticed this problem I already had a completly new save so I don´t think that that is the problem either.
Test Subject
#165 Old 21st Oct 2022 at 1:43 AM
Default Too many things happened lol
I forgot I had installed this mod so when I went to play for the first time in a few months I was surprised. I got tax returns a lot, the power or water got shut off a lot but that never really worked. I would get “free pizza” almost daily but then they’d charge me for it and the cherry on top was my 1 and only young adult sim who was very happy not at all in a bad mood went to a fishing class and ended up DYING. Then his cat got taken away because there was no sims in the household. This was only on day 3 in that world. I can’t stop laughing but at the same time what?! Lmao
Test Subject
#166 Old 30th Oct 2022 at 10:24 AM
Default What is this?
Hey guys,

Does anyone else get this? If so, how do I close it when it comes up? It´s long and the buttons aren´t showing if you understand what I mean.
(just downloaded the updated version, hopefully it was just that)
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#167 Old 12th Nov 2022 at 2:57 AM
I almost thought the mod bugged out because I got the same popup as Molly earlier, but nope, the game decided to show me that it was fine by firing this at me (LITERALLY)

Test Subject
#168 Old 14th Nov 2022 at 2:00 PM
Default Bug
My game has lagged alot. For example, no base game careers were available tto choose. Today I spent alot of time trying to figure out which mod caused the conflict. Unfortunately, it was this mod. Too bad, I loved this.
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#169 Old 15th Nov 2022 at 12:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by teatermolly
My game has lagged alot. For example, no base game careers were available tto choose. Today I spent alot of time trying to figure out which mod caused the conflict. Unfortunately, it was this mod. Too bad, I loved this.

Hey @teatermolly !

That's really interesting that that happened. The only thing I can think of is somehow a mod conflict with the Randomizer mod itself. Do you have any Nraas modules that affect the Careers? or some Career manager mod that may somehow cause this to happen?
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#170 Old 15th Nov 2022 at 12:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by teatermolly
Hey guys,

Does anyone else get this? If so, how do I close it when it comes up? It´s long and the buttons aren´t showing if you understand what I mean.
(just downloaded the updated version, hopefully it was just that)

In future updates, I'll make sure this is a file that gets created in your mods folder, rather than a huge dialogue. But to close it in the future, just press enter
Test Subject
#171 Old 19th Nov 2022 at 3:03 PM
Hi! Yes I have some nraas modules.
Test Subject
#172 Old 23rd Nov 2022 at 10:16 AM
I have problems with the Rodent Invasion. When the housekeeper arrives, no matter what I click on yes or no, the housekeeping service resets everyday, so I need to call them everyday, no matter if I am in another world or playing with another household or house. So I need to start my game all over. Would you like to repair this please?
Test Subject
#173 Old 3rd Dec 2022 at 5:52 AM Last edited by Golden_Fountain_Pen : 3rd Dec 2022 at 6:29 AM.
Default How do I get events to fire more frequently? Some events are not happening at all.
My household consists of a husband and his husband and their daughter. The 2 husbands work different jobs yet a work event has never happened. They are friends with their coworkers too. Their daughter has attended elementary school for her whole childhood (14 days) and now she has attended high school for more than 2 sim weeks, but a school event has NEVER happened. Nobody offered to help her with her homework and nobody asked her out on a date. Admittedly, she has no friends in high school but she has a romantic interest since a week ago. To get events to fire more frequently, I halved all the values in the randomizer settings through nrass retuner; but I'm asking this question anyway to get a more definite answer.

I have downloaded this mod since July and have updated it (I updated the Core and Base mod module, since the description says I don't have to update the other modules), yet the only events I get are the earthquake, house on fire, house with rats and trash, rare gems and seeds spawning, leakage, being unable to use electrical devices and a fairy blessing the garden. The pictures in the description indicate that there are more events, such as your Sim being laid off, being broken up with NPCs, having a random adoption of a child and having a random adoption of a pet, just to name a few. There are also events for teen Sims such as getting detention for no reason, being asked out on a date, having no homework at school or being offered to have their homework completed for them for a price. Again, NONE of those has happened at all. No break up, no random adoption, no lay off and no deaths too! Sorry to say this, but I am quite disappointed with this mod as it barely affects the gameplay. I expected my game to have twists and turns, yet that never happened. Please give me a solution.
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#174 Old 8th Dec 2022 at 12:50 PM Last edited by Lyralei : 7th May 2023 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Added some info on event related iissues
Quote: Originally posted by Golden_Fountain_Pen
My household consists of a husband and his husband and their daughter. The 2 husbands work different jobs yet a work event has never happened. They are friends with their coworkers too. Their daughter has attended elementary school for her whole childhood (14 days) and now she has attended high school for more than 2 sim weeks, but a school event has NEVER happened. Nobody offered to help her with her homework and nobody asked her out on a date. Admittedly, she has no friends in high school but she has a romantic interest since a week ago. To get events to fire more frequently, I halved all the values in the randomizer settings through nrass retuner; but I'm asking this question anyway to get a more definite answer.

I have downloaded this mod since July and have updated it (I updated the Core and Base mod module, since the description says I don't have to update the other modules), yet the only events I get are the earthquake, house on fire, house with rats and trash, rare gems and seeds spawning, leakage, being unable to use electrical devices and a fairy blessing the garden. The pictures in the description indicate that there are more events, such as your Sim being laid off, being broken up with NPCs, having a random adoption of a child and having a random adoption of a pet, just to name a few. There are also events for teen Sims such as getting detention for no reason, being asked out on a date, having no homework at school or being offered to have their homework completed for them for a price. Again, NONE of those has happened at all. No break up, no random adoption, no lay off and no deaths too! Sorry to say this, but I am quite disappointed with this mod as it barely affects the gameplay. I expected my game to have twists and turns, yet that never happened. Please give me a solution.

Hey @Golden_Fountain_Pen !

Sorry for getting to you so late. I'm really sorry that you're experiencing some weirdness with the mod.

Generally speaking, each event have their own "necessities" before they can fire. So for example, with the school events, your sim needs to be at school. However, the way that the events are currently triggered, is that daily, it will fire at the same time. Now, let's say (and you can verify this when turning on debug mode, as it will mention that it's trying to fire certain events) for you, the events start a 3am, then the school events get rejected by the event manager, since your sim's children are most likely asleep :p

A way to fix the 3am issue I'm talking about, is simply to save the game at, say, 9am (so the kids are then at school), exit the game and reopen it. What's happening is that the timed trigger will basically reset by an hour. So if you save the game at, say, 10 am, exit the game and reopen the game (and save of course), then the alarm will now try triggering at 11am. This is done deliberately so that it tries firing at different times.

Now, I'm assuming you got all the modules right? (or at least, a handful of them). It's possible that the event system keeps picking one of your adult sims and the wrong modules at that time. (because computers and randomizing things are just not the best systems. Just look at music shuffling :p).

But the only way to know that is by turning on debug mode. (which also means I can give a more proper idea of what may be going wrong, since the mod kind of has its own mind.)

Hopefully this helps a little, I think you may just have got a bit unlucky regarding what the event system decides to go for.

EDIT @Golden_Fountain_Pen , If you want to check if your sims are candidates for certain events, it may be helpful to check the section of the description "Modules and their random events" and uncollapse some of the events you haven't seen yet.

The reason you may not have seen the relationship one yet (like breaking up) is because I have some 'hard' checks that the sims needs to adhere to before this can even trigger. I didn't want people to experience their sims just randomly breaking up all over the place and decided to add that behind a "if the sim has cheated or/and has commitment issues, then fire the event"

Quote: Originally posted by Bibe10
I have problems with the Rodent Invasion. When the housekeeper arrives, no matter what I click on yes or no, the housekeeping service resets everyday, so I need to call them everyday, no matter if I am in another world or playing with another household or house. So I need to start my game all over. Would you like to repair this please?

Hey @Bibe10 !

Hrm I'm wondering, do you happen to have some immigration settings (in nraas or maybe another mod that takes care of this) set that may prevent the housekeeper from even getting to your house? I'll check it out, though it's probably good to also see if the game is allowed (according to nraas or whatever you use) to create service sims, including housekeepers.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#175 Old 7th Jan 2023 at 1:31 AM
This mod is amazing! Thank you!!
Page 7 of 10