Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Lifetime Want Chooser

by Lamare Posted 7th Jul 2022 at 5:12 PM - Updated 17th Jan 2023 at 4:45 PM by Lamare

165 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 107 Feedback Posts, 57 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 7
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 7th Jul 2022 at 6:14 PM
Not you releasing this one week after I had to click one by one through every ltw for every single sim in my Uberhood Well stuff like this happens but for future generations I'll be prepared. Thank you so much for sharing this, this is awesome!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 7th Jul 2022 at 7:43 PM
Amazing? Astonishing? Revolutionary? I can't seem to decide what to call this, but I know well enough to be sure about this: THANK YOU!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 7th Jul 2022 at 8:04 PM
Thanks for fixing another major game issue as I often had to change the lifetime wants anyways when the one assigned just didn't make any sense and would've been impossible when they're the first couple in a brand new town.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 7th Jul 2022 at 8:28 PM
Thank you so much. This makes setting up hoods way less annoying.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 7th Jul 2022 at 8:53 PM Last edited by Nostural : 10th Jul 2022 at 9:57 AM.
Thank you, this is amazing!
Can’t wait for your Set 1 of 50 new custom lifetime wants to come
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 7th Jul 2022 at 9:09 PM
This will save so much time and be more accurate when trying to set up a sim for a special purpose. Thanks so much!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#8 Old 7th Jul 2022 at 10:39 PM
There is a Lifetime Want catcher!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 7th Jul 2022 at 11:37 PM
This looks awesome but I play on Super Collection for Mac so I don't mind testing it out. I also have Squinge's New Lifetime Wants (Uni) for EP6. This is safe to have as I have replaced my WantsTuning right?

Call me Seth!
just a girl
Original Poster
#10 Old 7th Jul 2022 at 11:58 PM
Hey @trambling101
Cool, let me know if it errors out, I might be able to find a solution. And yes, you can use it with Squinge's mod. WantTuning is for wants to show up in game and doesn't concern this chooser directly, so don't worry about it.

+

Thank you for kind words, everyone! :lovestruc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator THANKS POST
#11 Old 8th Jul 2022 at 12:51 AM
This is something I have always wanted. Amazing, thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 8th Jul 2022 at 1:56 AM
I have been wanting something like this for a long time! Thank you so much!
Link Ninja
THANKS POST
#13 Old 8th Jul 2022 at 7:32 AM
hot damn this has been on many a modding wish lists over the years. well done! bravo! everyone is gonna be on this like a hot cake.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 8th Jul 2022 at 10:21 AM
This is an excellent idea Lamare, thank you for implementing it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 8th Jul 2022 at 11:14 AM Last edited by MoominMariah : 9th Jul 2022 at 9:25 PM.
Thank you for making this, I have always wondered why every other mod would make us cycle through, instead of just showing each ltw. Super cool mod, thanks for making this!
Field Researcher
#16 Old 8th Jul 2022 at 1:18 PM
This is amazing, will be a time saver! I'm extremely excited for your new LTWs!!! However, would it be possible to make a version that doesn't alter the prerequisites? I am really enjoying using Rio's edit of Greater LTW Variety & Sanity (Career LTWs unlocked for all aspirations). Would it just not work if that mod overwrote this one? Thanks
Mad Poster
#17 Old 8th Jul 2022 at 3:23 PM
I've managed to trace the link for he interest age Mod down and it's HERE
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 8th Jul 2022 at 5:58 PM
Works great, thank you!!!
just a girl
Original Poster
#19 Old 8th Jul 2022 at 5:58 PM
@BellaDovah, if any LTW-prerequisites-altering mod overrides the chooser, it won't work, because it's those same resources that I use to make it work. So, nope, not a chance What I could do is make a version that removes aspiration requirements from career lifetime wants. What about interests and other things?
I personally find that differences based on aspirations, personality, etc. is what makes sims unique. If anyone can have anything, they're kind of all the same. This is why I added more restrictions, not less. Also, with 90+ LTWs it's nice to narrow down the list for a specific sim, but maybe you won't feel that way. Anyway, I'm open to making another version, since I give you no choice but to remove all those other prerequisites-altering mods you may have gotten used to.

@TadOlson, thanks, I forgot to link it.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 8th Jul 2022 at 6:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
@BellaDovah, if any LTW-prerequisites-altering mod overrides the chooser, it won't work, because it's those same resources that I use to make it work. So, nope, not a chance What I could do is make a version that removes aspiration requirements from career lifetime wants. What about interests and other things?
I personally find that differences based on aspirations, personality, etc. is what makes sims unique. If anyone can have anything, they're kind of all the same. This is why I added more restrictions, not less. Also, with 90+ LTWs it's nice to narrow down the list for a specific sim, but maybe you won't feel that way. Anyway, I'm open to making another version, since I give you no choice but to remove all those other prerequisites-altering mods you may have gotten used to.

Ok thanks so much for the information, that's totally understandable. The reason I liked Rio's edit is because it did introduce lots of different restrictions, it just untied them from aspirations but introduced factors such as personality and interests which is really cool. Tbh I think I could just use the unrestricted Menu but since I keep a close eye on their personality and interests anyway I could probably make a good decision on what I think they 'should' be limited to without actually needing any forced limitations. So yeah thanks for including an option that ignores all restrictions
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 8th Jul 2022 at 8:22 PM
Omg thank you so much, it makes gameplay so much easier
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 8th Jul 2022 at 9:23 PM
Thank you so much!
This is really awesome, i really thank you for doing this, it's really a game changer for setting up neighborhoods!
Test Subject
#23 Old 8th Jul 2022 at 9:41 PM
You have no idea how long I'd been wanting a mod like this!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! <3
Instructor
THANKS POST
#24 Old 8th Jul 2022 at 10:44 PM
Super excited to try this. Thanks Lamare!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#25 Old 8th Jul 2022 at 11:58 PM
Brilliant!
Page 1 of 7