Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Nov 2022 at 10:56 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default SuperCaw doesn't opem
Hello! I have recently had a lot of issues with CAW. I've been wanting to revamp midnight hollow, but the version of CAW I downloaded won't open it. So I tried to download SuperCaw, from here https://cawster.wordpress.com/2013/04/01/supercaw-exes/ but the exe. doesn't open. Even trying the patch and exe versions, the worldbuilder just doesn't open.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Nov 2022 at 11:31 PM
Which patch version is your game on?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Nov 2022 at 3:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Which patch version is your game on?

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 29th Nov 2022 at 12:20 PM
So you'll need the version of SuperCAW for 1.69, linked here:
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=468279
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Nov 2022 at 7:40 PM
So you'll need the version of SuperCAW for 1.69, linked here:
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=468279

I'm asssuming that means I will need to patch it myself?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 30th Nov 2022 at 8:06 PM
No:
[header1][i]This tutorial is somewhat outdated and should be used for reference only.

Instead, please download the pre-compiled versions of the SuperCAW executable.

To install, drop the .exe in your CAW folder ([Install location]\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create a World Tool) to replace the existing executable. Click to run SuperCAW.

That one is ready compiled.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Nov 2022 at 9:54 PM
No:

That one is ready compiled.

Bless you! I was able to open it! Sorry for wasting your time, I realized I was putting it in the wrong folder
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 30th Nov 2022 at 10:08 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Dec 2022 at 7:45 PM
Well done, have fun!

Sorry to bother you again, but I'm running into another issue. It involves the beta has crashed, attempted to read or write protected memory. Is this because I'm editing Midnight Hollow, an EA world? Or is it because I replaced the terrain textures of the world in s3pe? I've done the LAA fix and the 4gb patch. I have also added the two UNKN resources as well as remove the necessary WPID and UNKN resource. Even with prior versions of my Midnight Hollow edit, it either crashes or says it cannot open the file. CAW can open any other untouched world just fine...