Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 1:25 AM
Default Renting
Is it possible to rent houses? How would I go about doing that? Has anyone else done it before and how well has it worked out for you?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 2:30 AM
I've done it. As long as you follow all the guidelines in the sticky for "Making Apartments", and just make the one house with an apartment door, it'll read it as an "apartment". I have several rental houses in Pleasantview, and they're all doing fine.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 3:03 AM
is it possible to pick who i want to be the landlord?
Forum Resident
#4 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 3:07 AM
is the only way to do this by having AL or can you do rent houses without it?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 3:31 AM
I'd imagine you'd need the AL EP.

I've given a thought to renting houses myself, just never tried it.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 5:44 AM
Sounds like a fun idea.
Theorist
#7 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 8:33 AM
This landlord mod is quite nice, I used to do renting with it:

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=171883
Scholar
#8 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 3:29 PM
Inge has a mod for renting property, with assigning the property owner, here.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 12:11 PM
Monquie's mod dosn'y show up in my game for whatever reason and Simsica how much would you recommend the mod from inge? have you tried it before?
Scholar
#10 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dwn2ridehtchck1
Monquie's mod dosn'y show up in my game for whatever reason and Simsica how much would you recommend the mod from inge? have you tried it before?

Inge's mod is highly recommended by me. It's Inge, she's a legend, and I trust her work completely. I use almost everything Inge made for TS2, and it never ever caused any problems in my game nor did it ever work in any way that is less than logical

I only tested it with renting regular lots though, but I trust it works as advertised on any other lot too. If you follow the instructions, you should be just fine.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 10:54 PM
ok thank you!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 14th Jul 2022 at 1:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dwn2ridehtchck1
Is it possible to rent houses? How would I go about doing that? Has anyone else done it before and how well has it worked out for you?

Similar to previous posts, I also use Inge's Property mod. I enjoy it. It's a nice medium between apartments and ownership. I appreciate how it's technically more expensive to live in a rental property following the mod's logic, but it does feel like less since it's in smaller amounts every night. The only thing I haven't figured out yet is what happens when a property owner dies.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 14th Jul 2022 at 1:37 AM
I've got a few Mods like for being a landlord though I've got UC and the items do show up in buy mode and I've got a few Mods to remove the annoyances like NPC neighbors who often didn't behanve well and got into fights in hallways and the noisy neighbors was another "feature" now long gone because it's Modded out and another Mod cuts the rental rates in half.My custom built apartment lots range from boarding houses to trailer parks and single unit rentals are also available and green energy sources on the lots subsidize the rent and cancel out bills for tenants.One duples townhouse comples had it's units renting for about 750$ a week when they would've gone for nearly twice that without that halved rent Mod.