Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Feb 2005 at 11:26 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Crashes...Lots
Hey, this never has happened before, but recently I get LOTS of crashes saying this application will now terminate. I don't know whats causing the problem, but I do have lots of recolors, but they are invisible. Like they make the bed completely dissapear. And I also have flashing blue recolors. But if I try to delete any of them, or select them, it crashes. And a lot of the time the crashes are random. Is there any reason why this is happening, as I checked my downloads folder myself and with Clean Installer and I can't find anything bad. They do have files that are just numbers and letters, but If I delete them then my sims custom clothing dissapear. I have reinstalled too.
Advertisement
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 12:04 AM
Hiya =)

You may have just ONE bad file in there thats causing this and as its crashing when you choose to try and delete a faulty recolour thats probably the cause.

Couple of ways you can do this. If you KNOW for example its a bed or bedding thats causing the problem:

1) Arc up the latest version of SimPE 2) Got to Plugins menu and choose the Scan Folders option
3) Scan your downloads
4) Sort the items by clicking the Content Tab at the top

Recoloured beds and bedding will now be obvious by name if you scroll down. You will have to manually move all of them OUT of your downloads folder. Of course you won't be able to tell WHICH one is the problem, which is a pain =/ But you can reintroduce say 10-20 recolour beds/bedding at a time back to your downloads, load up the game and see if the problem file was in that bunch.

Another thing you can check for visually within the bed/bedding packages is a file thats of a size not consistent with the others.

Its a pain but its the only way to methodically do it. And at least when you move out ALL the recoloured beds/bedding you will know if that is where the problem lies.

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 2:04 AM Last edited by anarchistIOU : 22nd Feb 2005 at 2:40 AM.
Thanks, would them not being EP Ready cause a problem? I just selected everything in that folder that wasn't and batch fixed them, and thats taking quite a while. But all the sizes are pretty constitant on them (344kb) but there are some that are like, 329kb. Would those mess it up?\

EDIT: During the batch fix I get errored on some files and It says unable to read beyond stream or something. But alllll of these files are from a huge set I downloaded from the Trashy Collection, with the prefix of TBD_Industrial before them. These are the only files that won't fix integrity, could these files be the source of the crashes?