Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 5:15 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default fatal exception OE and OD...vxd error???
Geez. I hate computers. lol OK...I've searched all over the internet and haven't found anything pertaining to my issue. I've tried to reinstall (sims) and EVERY time I get this...one right after another... (1.) fatal exception error OE at 0028:C003562B in VXD IFSMGR(01) , (2.) ...OD at 1B1F:014F6B97, (3.)...OD at 0246:014747FB, and finally (4.)...OD at DA17:0147268B...I've had some issues with my graphics card/driver before...(ok, a lot!) but I always thought it was because I was fiddling with it or something...I like to fiddle with stuff The only resolution I've been able to come up with after searching high and low is that nvidia cards are junk! Does anyone have any advice??? I have checked the registry and gone into msconfig...Seemed like disabling some of the startup items helped at first, but not in the long haul...btw I'm on win 98se... :confused: I would really appreciate it if anyone would at least offer a suggestion...I'm about to pull my hair out...after that goes, probably my teeth...geez...then I'll have to move to Arkansas. J/K :tooth: Thanks in advance, umm...I love you :D
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 10:25 AM
I would definately suggest this is NOT a Sims 2 problem but a driver problem.

What nvidia card do you have? Have you tried the latest (or even gone back a version or two) drivers?

Nvidia cards aren't junk per se, but what you could try doing is uninstalling and reinstall the latest drivers.

Hope this helps
Delphy
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 1:43 PM
Holy Cow! I actually thought I was invisible on this forum...And who, of all, answers my question but the God of MTS2!!! lol...Ok, I apologize for asking a techie question here...but as I said all else had failed and it only happened during my attempted reinstall. My card is a GeForce2MX400...not too fancy, I know. I'm not all too educated on drivers and what-not and the nvidia site isn't so helpful as to which to use. I have 2 installed at this point and have no idea which is what. I'll keep working on it and do as you suggested and THANK YOU for replying. :salute:
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 5:40 AM
Annadee, I reccomend using the 56.72 drivers as the current 66.93 and beta 67.66 drivers and all inbetween are quite unstable... I would also reccomend making sure you card is properly seated, as an improperly seated card can *work* , but recieve such errors...
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 7:51 AM Last edited by cdboogie : 26th Feb 2005 at 8:33 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by annadee
Holy Cow! I actually thought I was invisible on this forum...And who, of all, answers my question but the God of MTS2!!! lol...Ok, I apologize for asking a techie question here...but as I said all else had failed and it only happened during my attempted reinstall. My card is a GeForce2MX400...not too fancy, I know. I'm not all too educated on drivers and what-not and the nvidia site isn't so helpful as to which to use. I have 2 installed at this point and have no idea which is what. I'll keep working on it and do as you suggested and THANK YOU for replying. :salute:

It's kind of like seeing Santa Clause at Christmas time isn't it and thinking to yourself he does exist! LOL! I love it!
Anyways, I actually have an older Nvidia card (geforce2 Mx 400 or something like that!)and it runs ok on my bottom of the line Dell! Upgraded to 1 GB ram, that's about it! I don't think that Nvidia cards are that bad. This game although I love it very much and it works ok for me, does not seem to work with and/or for "the masses" and I'm not surprised that many people are unhappy with the way it runs (or doesn't run) on their computers. Sad but true! It's very specific on what your specs should be and pity the fool who doesn't have the right qualifications ($$$$) for the game to run properly! I'll keep playing until I die because I'm hooked, although lately it seems as if I spend more time here at MTS2 then actually playing The sims 2 game. Hey, it is what is is right? LOL! If you're running 98se, it's possible (or more likely, probable)that it (98SE) isn't compatable with The Sims 2 in oh so many ways! This is a very demanding game and seems to need all of the resources that a PC has to give. Lately I've seen so many complaints, some founded, some not, and almost every problem seems to be unique!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 11:03 AM
I can only say thank you so many times! I didn't expect any more replies to be quite honest....I do have to say that, regardless of my windows version, the game previously ran quite well...I believe I've got a pretty good system...at least for it's era! I simply have not had the greatest luck...well...period... But anyway...Thank you Hardonmachin, I think you have been most helpful...And as for the whole santa thing...well...you betcha! lol...Seriously...Very much appreciation...