Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 5:02 PM
Default Can I use 65MB VGA card for playing TS2?
Please answer my question...

I'm using AMD processor, so my VGA card is in my motherboard.
If I maximized the graphic, my game run very slow, so I have to use minimum graphic.
I have plan to separate my VGA card from the memory so my game can run fast.
I want to know, should I buy 256MB VGA card, or I can use 65MB?
I want my game to run fast/ normal, and I will still have maximum graphic.
Please help me.

Ps: please explain to me as easy as possible, I'm a technological moron

Thanks.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 8:08 PM
I am not too technically advanced either, but I do know that I also have a 65 MB card on my computer and the game runs fine with the correct driver updates. In game I usually have most of the settings set to maximum. The only time it really runs slow is when it turns from day to night or vice versa.

Pesonally I can not say what a better card will look like, but I have pretty much zero problems with my card.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 8:24 PM
Built-in video cards are usually low in performance regardless the size of RAM.
Also, they share system RAM, which further reduces the performance.

However, it is still more than enough for daily office/business uses -- Word, Excel, IE, eMail, etc.

As for you, you should first read the manual to see if you have AGP slot because sometimes a branded PC will come w/o an AGP slot.

If there is an AGP slot, then you can consider buying a video card.
If not, I am afraid that you may have to either buy a new PC or buy a new motherboard.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 8:29 PM
I could play with a 32MB card but if I played a lot with more than 2 people lving on it, it was quite slow and all custom outfits were blurred.

I got a 256MB card and the game looks 100% better. I have a separate login just for playing TS2 and that helps it run a little faster as well.