Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th May 2013 at 12:52 AM
Default Wild Speculation. The Eyes Have It?
From http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/675024.page:
Quote:
Q: What do the eyes in the image mean?
A: They say that the eyes are the window into the soul. Let’s just say that these eyes are a window into the future of The Sims 4. Stay tuned for more!

If EA buys Oculus (who are based in based in California, by the way), color me suspicious. A first person Sims game, though? That just seems too foreign. It would be quite a change though.

What do you think EA means by this? Are they just trolling us?

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Advertisement
One Minute Ninja'd
#2 Old 8th May 2013 at 1:24 AM
Maybe the LE pre-order will include a free set of Google Glasses hacked to let you overlay TS4 on the real world, so you can finally makeover people in CAS on the subway on your way to work.
Instructor
#3 Old 8th May 2013 at 1:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Maybe the LE pre-order will include a free set of Google Glasses hacked to let you overlay TS4 on the real world, so you can finally makeover people in CAS on the subway on your way to work.

Oh. My. God.

Well that's what happens when you're on your own and you're alright at letting nice things go
Mad Poster
#4 Old 8th May 2013 at 1:50 AM
Oh my God I hope it isn't First person. And if it is, at least make it optional.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 8th May 2013 at 2:21 AM
No sims game will ever be first person. I'm more concerned about whether or not the hair textures are going to be as shitty as they are in that pic.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th May 2013 at 2:32 AM
Yeah, I doubt it will be first person. "Customize a Sim to look like you...only see their hands and feet."

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 8th May 2013 at 4:36 AM
Going a step further ts4 will be virtual reality and you're the only playable (as yourself).

That was not helpful, funny, or love!
Test Subject
#8 Old 8th May 2013 at 11:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
No sims game will ever be first person. I'm more concerned about whether or not the hair textures are going to be as shitty as they are in that pic.

Seriously, what's up with that hair?
One Minute Ninja'd
#9 Old 9th May 2013 at 12:38 AM
One thing EA has never given us is high poly hair. Too demanding on rendering for base game requirements. Perhaps TS4 will have low requirements as well, so yet again we might we stuck with custom hair if we want anything detailed. Still, just like those Flash mockups that I continue to believe are not in any way indicative of the graphics to expect, I wouldn't read very much into any of these early released renders as to what we really should expect the game to look like. I hope.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 9th May 2013 at 12:43 AM

Best. Post. Ever! Gosh, just imagine...!
Test Subject
#11 Old 9th May 2013 at 3:25 AM
I'd still expect the hair to get better with time, not worse.
Instructor
#12 Old 9th May 2013 at 3:28 AM
I dunno... if they made it first-person, they would have to change the interface quite a bit, and that would probably alienate too many players. Sure, it could be just an option, but it wouldn't be a very useful option if the interface wasn't designed around it.
Instructor
#13 Old 9th May 2013 at 3:43 AM
Don't worry about the hair guys. Look at the first trailer for Sims 2, and that's a video! This was just a picture.
I think they're just trying to say that they have understood that we need/want genetics, so they're bringing it back and in much more depth than TS2??
Mad Poster
#14 Old 9th May 2013 at 4:42 AM
first person? i really don't think so. that would be a mistake on their part.
Theorist
#15 Old 9th May 2013 at 4:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plyplay665
Don't worry about the hair guys. Look at the first trailer for Sims 2, and that's a video! This was just a picture.

This trailer?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9u1zMCos8w
That trailer was WAY better than TS2 actually turned out to be. It's better than TS3 turned out to be, too!

Resident wet blanket.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 9th May 2013 at 6:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
This trailer?
That trailer was WAY better than TS2 actually turned out to be. It's better than TS3 turned out to be, too!

Maybe we will finally get to see some of those interactions in TS4!! :D
Mad Poster
#17 Old 9th May 2013 at 6:28 PM
This trailer?

I hope EA never ever again does a preview video like that where none of the interactions in the video exist in the game. I remember watching that video when it came out and thinking that's how the game will be, just to find out that the only thing portrait correctly in that video is that sims can sit on a couch.

I thought about the eye hint that if you zoome in close enough, there is some hint in the pupil or something, but no, it's just pixels. Maybe the hint is that they have finished developing the eyes.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 9th May 2013 at 9:10 PM
Honestly, that TS2 trailer was too misleading. But I hope the kids in TS4 behave like the kids portrayed in that trailer. Actually causing havoc like kids normally do, hehe.
Theorist
#19 Old 9th May 2013 at 11:58 PM

*spews red wine* Literally have tears of laughter going right now.

You give EA too much credit!

Heck, if they can just manage to make a decent game....with minimal issues, they will have achieved greatness. The bar is set quite low right now.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Instructor
#20 Old 10th May 2013 at 2:07 AM
This trailer?

Yes but, but I was talking about graphics, not things you could do in the game.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 10th May 2013 at 10:27 AM
This trailer?

I agree. I've watched it the other day and I'm still amazed at the graphics and smooth animations and interactions. It would be the perfect Sims game.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#22 Old 10th May 2013 at 9:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plyplay665
I think they're just trying to say that they have understood that we need/want genetics, so they're bringing it back and in much more depth than TS2??

That's an encouraging thought.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc