Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 7:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jodemilo
I think Maxis made the nannies awful as some kind of sick joke.

Even though I've tweaked mine considerably (aged them to adults, given them maximum cleaning, mechanical and cooking skills), I now find them too interfering. I cannot stand it when my parent comes home from work and wants to do something with the toddler, the nanny butts in like something out of the Omen or that nanny in "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle" to do something else. I get rid of them as soon as possible and try not to use them either if I can help it.

I must say since improving my nannies I have missed out on some gems of fun though.. I always remember one of my original (elderly) nannies dying when she tried to fix the trash compactor and got electrocuted. hehe. (ooh I'm cruel!)

I use no mods on the nannies, I find them pretty useful as they are, and sometimes there is a bit of fun. I did once had a Sim fired one that seemed pretty useless to me and the twins cried for days on end, so I'm not doing that again
Advertisement
Inventor
#27 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 11:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I did once had a Sim fired one that seemed pretty useless to me and the twins cried for days on end

The kids in my household cried for like a full 10 seconds when Nanny electrocuted herself then proceeded to play kicky bag as Grimmie came to pick up the ashes.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#28 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 12:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by punkrockgoth1988
Wait a second, I could have sworn you can have children (not toddlers) grab a plate.

Sorry, I totally missed this post.
Children can grab a plate, not toddlers..this is why I said "eating-at-table-aged" kids...=child age. Toddlers don't eat at a table.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Field Researcher
#29 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 2:00 AM
Was your nanny interrupted during the cooking process? If the "Cook" interaction is cancelled before it turns to "Serve" and the food has already finished cooking, the Sim will set the plate on the counter and it will have to be served in a separate interaction. I haven't had a nanny or even my playable Sims cook autonomously for awhile, plus I have mods in place to make sure Sims don't get distracted while cooking, so I'm not sure if, say, a child Sim wanting to talk or a toddler asking for attention or needing to be fed would interrupt a Sim in the middle of cooking a meal.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#30 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 2:31 AM
I could not tell you Vladora. I really have to do some testing, different combinations or something.
But now, the child became a teen..so I don't know if I'll keep the nanny for her toddler twin sisters or not. I'll see. I would not want to ruin the tests, because there is a teen in the house when nanny decides to cook

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#31 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 3:25 AM
I occasionally have had sims autonomously cook a meal but not serve it, happened just yesterday.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
#32 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 11:12 PM
@>>Rosebine>> What I do in my game is if I have a Sims family with children I "Always" let the parent ( with good cooking skills ) prepare a dish of food and then have the parent to return it to the refrigerator as "leftover."
That way when any children get hungry they can go and take out the leftovers, if it is a teenager in the family I always let them get about "four" or more cooking skills, they also can cook for their younger siblings.

The nanny in my game seem to always cook my Sims "Junk" food always making sweets like cakes or cookies all the time.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#33 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 11:19 PM
Thank you Simonut.
Yes, dad cooks and there are leftovers in their fridge..sparkling ones.
I was just concerned about nanny..and if this was a normal thing. She made sparkling porc chops the other day, and i thought..what a shame...Lune can't have some.
Now Lune is a teen...
But I still don't know if this is supposed to happen or not! lol

Meet Me In My Next Life
#34 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 3:12 AM
@>> Rosebine>> I really think the problem you are having is normal with the nannies, I have notice over the years of playing the Sims some nannies will cook the food and set it on the counter, for the Sims to get.
Or they may cook the food and then place it on the table sometime, it depend on the nannies if she is lazy or active. The nannies have always been a problem, I think they are just old and "Senile / dementia. "

I think Maxis let the nannies be that way as a joke on the players. I have had nannies "Not showing up to the point I had the parent to get rid of them,and get a new nanny, but sometime the same nanny would answer the phone again. But the more I think about this my nanny do the same thing off and on sometime serve and sometime not, I just pay her No mind and carry on.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#36 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 5:10 AM
I remember the nanny who discovered one of my adult hacks and used it enthusiastically lol. It's funny now, but at the time I was, OMG the kids could walk in any second!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#37 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 5:23 AM
Amanda Owens (The Jeffress family), is the best in my game.
Funny though..sometimes, she changes her skirt. lol
One day..it is green. But the day after, she might be wearing the red one..0_o
I thought the color variance of the nanny outfit was paired with..the nanny.
Cool, she is clean.

Mad Poster
#38 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 5:49 AM
Cooking is easily interrupted. That's why she leaves preparing and cooked meal. Make sure your toddler or kid do not ask her attention.
Mad Poster
#39 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 5:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Amanda Owens (The Jeffress family), is the best in my game.
Funny though..sometimes, she changes her skirt. lol
One day..it is green. But the day after, she might be wearing the red one..0_o
I thought the color variance of the nanny outfit was paired with..the nanny.
Cool, she is clean.

My filthy nannies wear the same clothes every day. XD
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#40 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 5:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
My filthy nannies wear the same clothes every day. XD

Isn't supposed to be the case ? I think my game is just weird...But it was worth posting. lol

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#41 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 6:07 AM
Probably depends if she peed it the day before.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#42 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 11:43 AM
Nannies serve food (desserts) if they are watching a child aged sim. That's rarer than babies and toddlers, because a lot of the jobs fit into school hours, especially when you combine the hours two parents are home. And when a child sim has a teenaged older sibling, they can babysit.

I hate the nanny's outfit. Especially combined with their peeing. It reminds me of the Little Britain sketch with the old woman in the grocery shop who pees an entire river on the floor. But I haven't found a default replacement I like either!

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#44 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 2:29 PM
Exactly. Playing the same family longer, would allow me to have grandparents living there. They'd be the best choice for babysitting.
I created a mother for one of my sim..so she could move in with them. Since I created my sim as a YA, she had no real family.
But..it is not the same...

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#45 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 9:31 PM
In the one hood that I played the Goodies I aged them down to adult and let them have their own children, they make cute and interesting kidlets.

With child minding, there are other options. If you download 'Watch Kids' This adds the watch kids option to regular house lots. http://www.insimenator.org/index.php?topic=95096.0 It came as an option on apartment lots with AL. So you simply call up and ask your friend if they can babysit, which is far more realistic as who hires a nanny? Not many people. I use this option quite often. For people who don't work everyday it's also very realistic.

Or you can make a child minder/nanny who moves around the hood using a transporter.

Or make a day care and use Christianlov's transporter mirror to send the tots to that house while you work.

Grandparents are wonderful, but they are not always there and I agree making one isn't the same even if you add family ties via the simblender. I always use Grandparents if they are there.

There is also Christianlov's All in one nanny. I have it but have not used it. It creates an NPC nanny who is supposed to be better than the game one.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#46 Old 12th Jun 2022 at 1:49 PM
I know it's been literal years but the nannies in my game (UC, modded) also don't serve any meals. The only option my children have is "clean up" (the big bowl) so I can't even have them put away the leftovers, then get them from the fridge. Nanny is trying to pick up the food and serve it, but instantly puts it back down on the counter each time. Moved all deco/lighting/rugs out of the way and she still won't do it, parents have no problem serving food in the house. *sighs in Maxis*
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#47 Old 12th Jun 2022 at 1:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nightllock
I know it's been literal years but the nannies in my game (UC, modded) also don't serve any meals. The only option my children have is "clean up" (the big bowl) so I can't even have them put away the leftovers, then get them from the fridge. Nanny is trying to pick up the food and serve it, but instantly puts it back down on the counter each time. Moved all deco/lighting/rugs out of the way and she still won't do it, parents have no problem serving food in the house. *sighs in Maxis*

Sounds like a mod clash, probably something to do with babies, infants or nannies. Not a Maxis bug.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#48 Old 12th Jun 2022 at 2:13 PM
When Callista Despret used to do this while minding Silver Beech Hart in an apartment in Belladona Cove that was always full of neighbor ladies, IIRC I was able to use "call to meal/guests" and one of the ladies would serve the meal. Or was it influence to/serve meal? I know it was possible for Silver to get the ladies to serve, but it's been a long time.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#49 Old 15th Jun 2022 at 2:53 AM
I once had a nanny die by trainset. It was wild.

Ya, I also have UC, and you know, sometimes Nannies do not serve food. But then again, this also sometimes happens on community lots, and no Nanny is involved.

As Penny suggests, it's likely the Make command.
Page 2 of 2