Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 4:18 AM
Don't forget to go look through StephSim's lots: https://www.modthesims.info/brow...wAll=1&u=656562

She has made all the buildings you need to drop into the game and just play. They are loaded with cc, so you end up with many of the things you will want anyway.

Someone commented about modern item wants. There are magic painting tvs, crystal ball computers, enchanted harp and music box stereos . . . You don't have to erase wants to do what you want. (If you want LTWs, there's a mod somewhere that eliminates the career LTWs.) Most sims who have enough income of some sort or other will drop the job wants pretty quickly.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 4:49 AM
[QUOTE=Sunbee]Don't forget to go look through StephSim's lots: [url]http://www.modthesims.info/browse.php?f=143&showType=1&gs=1&showAll=1&u=656562[/url

She has made all the buildings you need to drop into the game and just play. They are loaded with cc, so you end up with many of the things you will want anyway.]

Those buildings are amazing. Sadly, I don't have Bon Voyage!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#28 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 4:58 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 11th Jul 2015 at 6:05 AM.
I used quite a few of her lots.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#29 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 9:41 PM
If you want to play 2 or more Sims2 games, the AnyGameStarter (downloads section of this site) would be a better solution.
otherwise there would need to be a considerable amount of moving/renaming to switch between games.
though the AnyGameStarter can only create up to 3 games.

If your operating system has an option for more than 1 computer account, creating another user would be another solution for 2 or more Sims2 games.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#30 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 11:17 PM
I have no issue renaming my sims 2 folder each time anytime I want to switch games. If I am playing my medieval hood I tend to play it awhile and same if I am playing my modern hood. I have AGS also but use that for building and testing and keep the cc in there really low so it loads quickly.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#31 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 12:03 AM
It depends on your system and your play style, but AGS is not a match on either front for me, and I suspect for a lot of other simmers. AGS doesn't work on all systems or with all iterations of the game, and only allows for three builds. Renaming takes about ten seconds if you have a shortcut to your EA games folder and know how to type, and it allows me to have my regular game. And my medieval game. And my Great Leader-themed game. And my old game moved over from my Mac (still useful for rebuilds and staging certain things). And my hood for testing out new lots or suspect cc that is absolutely quarantined from messing up my real game. And my second hood for testing out really big hacks that is also absolutely quarantined and that can't mess up my real game, but that has lots more hacks than my other testing hood so that I can see if there's some sort of hack conflict. I'm thinking of adding yet another folder, since I want to do a "silent movie" -- really just pictures, but with a crapload of 1920's cc that I don't want in any of my other games.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#32 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 12:06 AM
You have me beat on main Sims 2 folders Esme, I have 3. Old, New and Medieval.

~Call me Jo~
#33 Old 8th Jun 2022 at 3:47 PM
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I've found this helpful in getting me started.

How do you guys do aging in your medieval hoods? I was thinking of making an aging mod that makes adulthood & elderhood shorter to make it more realistic, but wasn't sure if that would ruins aspects of actual gameplay.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 8th Jun 2022 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by raise20puppiesorkittens
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I've found this helpful in getting me started.

How do you guys do aging in your medieval hoods? I was thinking of making an aging mod that makes adulthood & elderhood shorter to make it more realistic, but wasn't sure if that would ruins aspects of actual gameplay.

I use the same aging mod as I do in the modern Sims 2-Inge's aging mod
http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_Aging.htm

However, Almighty Hat uses her own version of aging, which ages everyone slower, and gives women a longer time to be fertile:
https://hat-plays-sims.dreamwidth.org/23906.html

In fact, some would say that one could use a mod to make lives shorter, because they did have various lethal diseases, wars, etc to make life a hard short one for most people.
Depends on how much reality that you want to reflect....

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#35 Old 8th Jun 2022 at 11:19 PM
I play mine based on the seasons which in my game last ten days and that means that each year lasts for 40 days and babies get up to 40 days as infants and toddlers get about 80 days before becoming a child which starts at three years of age.The next stage starts at nine years old and they get to be adults at twelve which is realistic and like it would be in my Pleasantview Epic Challenge set back in the 17th century.
#36 Old 9th Jun 2022 at 1:48 AM
Thanks guys! Another question - do any of you use Inteen or Death By Childbirth?
I've never used either and would love to try out both, but according to Midge they're incompatible.
Mad Poster
#37 Old 9th Jun 2022 at 1:53 AM
I would most likely go with inteen for my game if nothing else conflicts with it because of the features of it I do want and just not use the ones I don't care for.I would only use it for miscarriages and allowing teens to live on their own or get married and even to be with an adult who was their childhood friend and aged up before the ydid because they were a year or two apartm in age or a few years apart and because my town won't have big populations for a while.
#38 Old 9th Jun 2022 at 2:06 AM
I actually found this post by Midge: https://midgethetree.tumblr.com/pos...-hack-person-so

I play with ACR (nonnegotiable mod for me) and it looks like the mod linked above is compatible with both ACR and death by childbirth, and also will allow Sims to miscarry and teens to get pregnant. Pretty much all I need now is a compatible mod for teens to marry. I'm not worried about teens getting full time jobs or anything so I don't really need/want all of the aspects of Inteen. I don't really expect all of my teens in my medieval hoods to get married or have babies, but I like the option being there.
Mad Poster
#39 Old 9th Jun 2022 at 3:27 AM Last edited by FranH : 9th Jun 2022 at 3:42 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by raise20puppiesorkittens
Thanks guys! Another question - do any of you use Inteen or Death By Childbirth?
I've never used either and would love to try out both, but according to Midge they're incompatible.

I use only the 'death by childbirth' and the 'miscarriage' mods by Chris Hatch, and they both work. I've lost 2 women of the town due to childbirth death.
Curiously enough, they were both the wives of 'doctors' and neither husband was home when their wives gave birth.
Gave me a thought that perhaps they should not be at work when childbirth happens...
Quote:
Pretty much all I need now is a compatible mod for teens to marry.

There is Marhis' Wedding Arch of Convenience that you can use to marry off the teens with-I don't believe it will interfere with any other mods.
Polygamy or Marriage of Convenience

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Instructor
#40 Old 9th Jun 2022 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bobyoud2001
Btw, is there a mod that hides all Maxis clothing? It would seem pretty useful but I've never seen one around.

Look for Sims 2 default Database. For almost every piece of clothing there's at least one medieval cloth as a replacement. I've seen whole blogs that have medieval content but couldn't bother to remember since I don't care lol.
Mad Poster
#41 Old 9th Jun 2022 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by moonlight__
Look for Sims 2 default Database. For almost every piece of clothing there's at least one medieval cloth as a replacement. I've seen whole blogs that have medieval content but couldn't bother to remember since I don't care lol.

There is also a great deal of medieval clothing on this site, as well. Just put in "medieval" and you'll find tons of it. Over at Plumbbob Keep you'll also find all kinds of medieval clothing, most of it default replacement. Naturally, because PBK is the medieval Sims 2 site for the game.

Under individuals, Sherabim, and Almighty Hat are two good sources of hairs, and clothing-as well as Aligeth (sp) who was featured here.

Field Researcher
#42 Old 11th Jun 2022 at 1:50 AM
Does anyone else run a medieval hood that is not based on medieval Europe? My medieval hood has bride price instead of dowry and other small changes due to it being an odd blend of African and Asian cultures during an equivalent of medieval times. It's basically a fantasy medieval hood. There's also a ton of little rules that require dice rolls to determine such as whether a sim dies of illness or not.

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
#43 Old 11th Jun 2022 at 2:10 AM
I am in the process of making my hood and I am also calling it fantasy/medieval(ish). As someone who loves to watch historical fiction/fantasy dramas (like Outlander, The Last Kingdom, Reign, etc.) I know I will have the most fun with my hood if I don't try to label it as Europe or a certain century and whatnot.
There won't be electricity, but there will be all of the silly defaults like the scroll phone, painting TV, invisible speakers, etc. But I think I'm going to make my simmies forgo the fire and burglar alarms and see how they do... hehe

Also aliens and alien abductions in my game will be the same as in my modern game. My world might be in times without advanced technology, but that doesn't mean other worlds are.

And I love having dice roll rules. It's even better when a mod incorporates it. I have dice rolls for the following: whether a Sim dies who loses a fight, whether a Sim escapes from prison (based on certain skill points), and how long a female sim who has committed adultery stays in prison (based on the nice points of her husband).
Mad Poster
#44 Old 11th Jun 2022 at 5:04 AM
My medieval lots so far have all been at least somewhat connected to medieval Europe (or fantasy settings that themselves are connected to medieval Europe) but a close reading of the stories that go with each lot will reveal a few references to parts of that fantasy world that aren't based on Europe at all, and I'm starting in on projects for some of those regions too... North Africa and imperial China are probably the most likely to be finished soon (well, soon by my standards anyways) but I've also got worldbuilding figured out for settings based somewhat more on southeast Asia and Polynesia, as well as a key location that's much more explicitly supernatural and that I'm trying not to tie TOO closely to any real-world culture (though it's still probably drawing from old European conceptions of the Fae more than anything else if I'm honest)

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#45 Old 12th Jun 2022 at 1:47 AM
I'm playing with Alpine Valley as a colony in the new world from the earlier pat of the 16th century as one of the earlier attempts at colonizing what would later beocme North America in the 16th century by mariners and fishermen.It was also even sponsored by pirate ships as the MCC challenge which means Mariner's Colonial Charter.That was startd with big fishing fleets wanting safe harbors in the new world for when they went over to make big fishing hauls.
Page 2 of 2