Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Sep 2016 at 3:26 AM
Default Changing the default University townies.
I have recently returned to Sim 3 after playing Sims 4 for a few years, because I realized I missed the bigness of Sims 3. I am spending some time modifying the game before I start game play. I have been looking at all the new mods and custom content, and I found a tumbler blog that has revamped versions of the University default characters (the about halfway down this page: Hey Love!.)

Is there a way to swap out the current default version of Jacob Salaman, Cid Serverus, Jeffery Dean, and Derek Khan for these new versions? If not, could I get some advise on how to give them all plastic surgery? I am installing a number of NRaas mods. Is there a helpful mod I could download from NRaas? Any help or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Sep 2016 at 7:25 AM
I can think of a couple of ways to approach this, depending on what you want to accomplish exactly. MasterController will be your friend here.

One way would be to get each of these custom made sims into your game folder as Saved Sims so they are accessible in CAS, making sure that you also have the appropriate sliders, skins, other content to make them look as they should. Then when in Uni World, use MasterController to pull each of the original townie characters into MC CAS one at a time and replace them with the corresponding saved sims.

Another way is to use MasterController to Totally Annihilate the original townies and then add some newly created households featuring your new sims. That will put them in off-campus houses, though technically you could use MC to Add Sim them to dorms and frat/sorority houses if you wish. They may or may not then become Uni Students. If they don't, you could give them that "career" at Level 1 with MC, Level 2 if you want any of them to be professors.

Maybe I'm making this all too complicated and others will suggest something simpler. But upon further reflection, seems like the first way might be easier.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Sep 2016 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor

One way would be to get each of these custom made sims into your game folder as Saved Sims so they are accessible in CAS, making sure that you also have the appropriate sliders, skins, other content to make them look as they should. Then when in Uni World, use MasterController to pull each of the original townie characters into MC CAS one at a time and replace them with the corresponding saved sims.

Thanks for responding. This was the plan I came up with last night. I will give it a try. Thanks for your help!