Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#51 Old 30th May 2022 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Well, right at the moment I have to admit I'm not playing. Back in January I had a few crashes which I think may have been caused by OneDrive, and I haven't been playing since. But I hope and intend to be playing again very soon, restoring from a recent backup. I am very much missing my Sims!

I have never had any other version of the Sims, and never really wanted one either. EA would have to add something very spectacular indeed to ever persuade me to buy a new version. Something like the ability to go and live with my Sims in Veronaville. If I could do that, I very much doubt if I'd ever want to come back!!
Well I'm playing again now. I reverted to a backup made on 21st January. I'm playing cautiously with plenty of backups, but no problems so far, despite lots of community lot visits.

I haven't been playing for as long as some people here, but I'm still playing the same neighbourhood (Veronaville) that I opened the first time I started up the game back in November 2012. Indeed I'm still playing the Sims that I made in CAS that day. They haven't even aged up! And, you know, the longer I play Andrew and Gloria -- the better I get to know them -- the more I love them! :lovestruc

I'm still learning new things about their personalities.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 30th May 2022 at 9:51 PM
I just got into it again after a 3 month hiatus and am having the time of my life!
Test Subject
#53 Old 30th May 2022 at 11:34 PM
My main neighborhood got corrupted, so I'm not playing as much as I wanted to. I'm only testing my other ones to see if they will also suffer the same fate.
Forum Resident
#54 Old 1st Jun 2022 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Moussaieff_II
My main neighborhood got corrupted, so I'm not playing as much as I wanted to. I'm only testing my other ones to see if they will also suffer the same fate.

I hope everything is okay :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc with your game.

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 14th Jun 2022 at 6:18 PM
Just got back into it a couple weeks ago. Sims 2 has always been my go-to for when I'm feeling my absolute worst and it's keeping me afloat mentally <3 I can't pull myself away from it though now, :p

And you may ask yourself, "Am I right? Am I wrong?"
And you may say to yourself, "My God! What have I done?"
Mad Poster
#56 Old 14th Jun 2022 at 9:21 PM
I've installed some new content and updated other installs recently and played in Alpine Valley for the past two days though only setting the town up as it's not ready for live play.The first colonial couple to arrive is due to arrive in the spring of 1520 to start a 16th century new world colony.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#57 Old 21st Jun 2023 at 2:24 AM
Unfortunately, I got a new gaming computer and I have been unable to get the Sims 2 to play which sucks because I was having a good time building up Pleasantview and creating new stories. I had started working on generations and such, but now I am exploring the Sims 4, yet I am not giving up hope that I can get TS2 to work again!
Theorist
#58 Old 21st Jun 2023 at 4:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by A0j01990
Unfortunately, I got a new gaming computer and I have been unable to get the Sims 2 to play which sucks because I was having a good time building up Pleasantview and creating new stories. I had started working on generations and such, but now I am exploring the Sims 4, yet I am not giving up hope that I can get TS2 to work again!

Don't give up. I was recently "forced" into updatin my mobo and parts, which also forced me into leavin win7 behind and takin on win10. With the help of friends they helped guide me through the process of what I needed to get Sims 2 to play on new system. I strongly dislike win10, but I greatly love that my comp is now faster and better. So long as my Sims2 plays then I'll be a happy camper
Scholar
#59 Old 21st Jun 2023 at 8:29 AM
Have windows 11 and having no issues with the UC, 8 was so painful for me so it's been a nice change.
Page 3 of 3