Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jul 2022 at 2:33 PM
Default Does Anyone Use Daily & Weekly Arsonist Burglar?
I've had this mod bookmarked for a while now, and have heard occasional anecdotes about this mod here and there. I've been hesitant to install it since I'm concerned it would just be a complete disaster, with a daily fire occurring on all my lots... so I'm curious, to anyone who has it installed, how does it work in your game? Does it even still work? Is it annoying, is it great, is it worth getting for a little spice or is it too much of a burden on your sims?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#3 Old 14th Jul 2022 at 2:26 AM
I have this mod in my game and I love it! I use the weekly version and have had it in my game for a year.

In my game, I have all EPs and a couple of SPs, and since I'll assume the mod isn't properly optimised for later EPs, it doesn't quite work as it's advertised. As a result, the burglar can sometimes come three days a week if your sims are unlucky, or not at all. They basically show up at random and I quite like it like that, it adds a layer of unpredictability which is fun for me. There is also a rare chance that the burglar just steals something and flees. If you make sure burglar alarms are installed, fires are reduced by a lot.

That's my experience with the mod anyway, it might be different depending on game configuration.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Field Researcher
#4 Old 14th Jul 2022 at 11:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aspersim
and arsonists are also kind of rare in real life as well. a person usually wants to steal something more then burn it unless they are a sadist or want to murder someone, or cover up a crime
Kinda off-topic, but fun fact: when dealing with a fire that has fatalities, one of the first things responders and investigators will look for (indeed, one of the first things they're trained to look for) is evidence that the victims were already dead beforehand, and the fire set to try to hide this. Of course, this doesn't mean much in The Sims series, but still interesting.

WARNING: Professional Lurker Alert!
Quote:
"Ew, trees [WooHoo-ing]."

-- "Oral Pollination", Not Always Right