Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Aug 2022 at 4:52 PM Last edited by Florentzina : 18th Aug 2022 at 5:55 PM.
Default Realism to Older Sims wanting to have babies
I prefer to play semi-realistic generational gameplay where I play all sims lifespan similar to humans (teens are 10 to 19, YA are 20-29, Adults 30-59), certain supernaturals but not things like male pregnancies.

One thing I find hard to keep some realism is pregnancies, because its the main thing I focus on in Sims 3, their genetics through several generations. But as I dont like kids in the real life, I find it hard to make decision for the sims. Usuallly I just make all females get knocked up between 16 and 25 (my game is normally pre-modern set in the early 20th centuary), but that gets a bit boring, but I dont like the idea of sims popping out kids at the last adult ages either or have like 30 "years" age gap between the pregnancies (females have around 48 years to have kids).

When playing same sex couples, I dont personally play much with vanilla adoptions. I rather use Nraas instant baby so they have their parents genetics.

Sure that can happen in real life, but sims 3 story progression (I use Nraaas), it happens way too frequently. Same with having adults dating the younger adults, like 20yo with 50yos, when you dont micromanage it. I often have that happens n Sunset valley, where the "cougars " always woo the aged up teens.

If you were to set some rules, how would you deal with older sims regarding having kids?
As I wrote earlier, its fine when its a few occasional sims, but Im trying to figure out so its more even out.

Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 19th Aug 2022 at 3:13 AM Last edited by Deshong : 21st Aug 2022 at 1:04 AM.
My lifespans are:
Infants (0-3 months)
Toddlers (1-4 years)
Children (5-12)
Teens (13-19)
Young Adults (20-39)
Adults (40-64)
Elders (65-100+)

EDIT:

Sometimes I plan pregnancies but usually my Sims will decide for themselves. Though I very much enjoy genetics and growing the many Sim families; virtual procreation doesn't have to be within a specific age range. Some Sims have chosen parenthood or continued parenthood as young adults, adults and yes even as elders. I'm also not bothered by a lot of time between pregnancies and find it quite endearing as I have a few such families.

There is a conversation between Sana (19) and Yagami (35) about age difference when she asks who he would prefer to date. I said someone my age but what she had to say was valid and I ended up choosing her for Yagami to date. As far as know, she wasn't in Lost Judgment unless I'm forgetting something. Hmm, actually I still haven't finished the game yet.

=======

For my older female adults and elders, I imagine they use their eggs which were stored and used later for IVF.

The age difference between Sim couples isn't a big deal to me as I have some young adult/adult couples, but I wouldn't care if I had a young adult/elder couple either. Though I have, at times, witnessed Sims getting romantic who were young adult/elder. I'm the type of player that rarely micromanages and like to observe the A.I. driven stories, though that's not to say I don't play the game at all, lol.

Previous Game: Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition (100% riddles completed; now I know why I've always been fascinated with The Riddler, lol.)

Next Game: Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition