Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#126 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 3:40 PM Last edited by CrazyChick9091 : 9th Feb 2014 at 4:21 PM.
I decided to continue the challenge! (the toddler is a child now thank God)

Be cool Myran... Be cool.

Doug replaced Myran... hahaha I love this family.

Doug appears to be in Heaven right now.

Hooray everyone went to school today!

Poor Didi has a D, D.

Tanya isn't doing so well either.

My poor baby... awwwwh

Okay, I broke. I love Didi too much, and if she kept failing the social worker threatened to show up. So I maxmotived and told Didi to do her homework.

I had fun with this challenge but because I broke I decided I lost.

Love my sim babies
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#127 Old 30th Apr 2014 at 12:02 AM
Started challenge. Playing with 2 adults, 2 teens, 2 kids, and 2 toddlers. Very interesting. This is what I have to say:
You're hungry? LOOK THERE'S A FRIDGE 20 FEET AWAY
Are you going to pass out on the floor, or go upstairs in a bed to get more sleep?
The toddler is tired. Do not put her in bed then take her out.
Look! Your 2 kids are the only ones eating and sleeping. ACT LIKE THEM!
Facilities are provided. USE THEM BEFORE I TAKE THEM AWAY!
Everyone has a designated bedroom. Yours is not the kitchen.
Do you want to yell about your needs, or go fulfill them?

I did direct them to do some things. Couldn't have them die! Reminds me why I don't play like this. I suggest the no welfare mod from simlogical. Social worker will not come (adoption is not affected).
Pics below!
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#128 Old 2nd May 2014 at 11:55 PM Last edited by grammapat : 5th May 2014 at 6:37 AM.
Doing this again. Will use "no social worker" hack, and ACR; not changing the default setting on that means I expect pregnancy - and starvation. Also have a "miscarriage" hack, and a "more sickness" hack -- let the tragedyy begin...

UPDATE -- I used the Travelers from the bin (Trent, Trisha, child Tina) and created a serious man and his teen daughter (Jack and Mary), and a "romance" woman (Lucy Loose) her teen son Alphonse, and toddler Leon.
First try - within one day the 2 teens and Lucy all tried to cook a meal at once, and everyone died in the fire...
Second try: Jack and Lucy don't like each other, the teens HATE each other, and everyone ignores the toddler (sob). Everyone got jobs - so who stays with the kids? practically everyone - since they stay up all night. Surprised no one has gotten fired. The second day Trisha got pregnant. It only took Jack and Lucy a few days to get desperate for a "relationship" - another pregnancy. Toddler grew up. Tina became a teen - odd teen Alphonse rejected both Mary and Tina for 1st kiss (Mary is still throwing fits).
. There are now 3 babies; their cribs are in the living room - where the TV and radio are always on, which would keep them awake if anyone ever put them in their beds. But no, they are either dropped in the kitchen (I finally gave in and kept moving the frig so people could eat), or in the main bedroom - full of single beds, which then can't be used. There's only one double bed (usually used by a kid) but somehow two sets of adults, and even teens Alphonse and Mary, manage to keep the blankets hot. (gag)

I may take ACR out ---this is turning into the "make a baby show".

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Lab Assistant
#129 Old 6th May 2014 at 12:36 AM
I have a great tip: MAKE THE HOUSE ALL ONE STORY, IF NOT ONE ROOM!
So far the teens and adults have died. I didn't want to spawn more, cuz I knew they'd turn out ugly, SO I let them die. But I HAD to spawn a adult after the father died to take care of the kids.
Mad Poster
#130 Old 6th May 2014 at 2:21 AM
I was surprised when the 2 teens and 2 of the adults cooked lots of meals - but that didn't last. I was worried when babies started coming (ACR) but THAT didn't continue either. When the unhappiest toddler became the ugliest kid, I was surprised when she was nice to the toddlers and cleaned up. The two men became enemies - I got my first picture of an adult "comforting" a child (wish it was something I had option to direct).
Final score: messed up -
Meals served - over 20
Birthdays - maybe 4 good (one boy often was plat!)
Promotions: over 10
Pass out - only 6
Peed self - I think 11 (I had to look in their memories)
Friends - 0
Seemed like I also should count BAD birthdays (more than 6) roaches (2 times)
No one starved to death or died from disease, but 5 or so burnt meals, and 3 BIG fires - killing 3 adults, 2 teens, 4 kids . This was even sadder than the toddlers crying! Most of the "Play" I couldn't watch - too hard not to "help" and just too sad (for me). So I don't know what my "score" is... I am left with 2 elders (the Travelers), the 2 teens are now adults and have a baby, 2 teenagers, and 2 kids. And graves.. lots of graves.
This was the hardest challenge I ever did - unable to control ANYTHING, it just bothered me. I may resurrect the dead kids...

Lab Assistant
#131 Old 7th May 2014 at 12:46 AM
I have like 5 graves in my house. Still doing challenge. Wonder if I'll continue the challenge down the generations (5 sims are still alive).
I never knew how stupid sims were.
Lab Assistant
#132 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 5:59 PM
Restarting challenge
Test Subject
#133 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 7:36 PM
I made a short-challenge with 2 adults, 2 children, 1 teen, 1 toddler.
After 7 days my 3 children were taken away; after 12 days my teen died of hunger; after 14 days the mom died and father plied for her (and shortly died himself after that) and after 15 days mom finally died at least. Grim Reaper used the toilet, flushed, vanished and the challenge was over.
Ba-dumm tss.
Test Subject
#134 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 6:48 AM
Well, within 8 real hours, all of my sims had caught the flu, the flu turned into pneumonia, and the teens and adults died while the children were taken away. -_-
Mad Poster
#135 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 12:59 PM
So i tried to do it today. Didn't finish it, sorry. My PC closed self,when I cheated. But I have save after first week (7 sim days), so I can redo it anytime. I have really few mods. These what affected gameplay, was automatic schoolwork, no aspiration decay and don't mess with my trash, all downloaded from MTS.
Here is my family

Here is my family house

As you see, they don't need to pay bills because of green energy.
Bathroom, mostly like in university dorms, helped them a lot to be clean. Toilets were used sometimes three at a time. When one lover went to take shower, another used shower next to him/her. Wetting self was only once, when she went to watch fight of teens.

Bathroom was mostly used room not only for conversations but also for smustle dance and skipping rope.

Due to mods all kids and teens was going to school and getting good grades.

After first day both teens was enemies and they continued fighting until suddenly 5 days before their adult birthday they decided stop fighting and started normal conversation what ended falling in love.

And last image. After long time complaining in bathroom how dirty he is, he decided to take sponge bath in kitchen.
Mad Poster
#136 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 9:52 PM
Just another typical day...

Baby AND daddy have a kicking fit on the floor..

And why I LIKE to not pay the bills... the repo-man enjoys his job so much

Guess third times a charm - I'm liking the challenge this time. Even though I have ACR running; I'm going to take it, and the anti-social-worker hack, out.

Test Subject
#137 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 11:08 PM Last edited by CrazyChick9091 : 5th Aug 2014 at 10:18 PM.
I'm going to do this again, because now I have the ultimate collection!

Also, I missed the deleting homework rule last time. So, I'll be back!

-----------------------

Alright my new family: the Moons!

Left to Right back row: Sam (teen in purple), Lacey, Tabbie (toddler), Casey, Zane, and Wes ( da beard)
And then that's Gerry and Emmy in the front. Each child's parent has the matching skin ton btw.

I'm really excited. I made rooms separate for each pair like mobile homes, and then the big house has the kitchen and bathrooms and entertainment on the second floor in case i need to remove the stairs for awhile. but I'm excited!

{Update #1} Disclaimer: I LOVE taking screenshots of everything... be warned.

Lot of friendships started forming fairly early. I was pleased to see them getting along so well (granted, they all ended up with similar personalities).

Mini fridges. Good idea.

They're really good about group meals! I have yet for them to make a single serving!

The lone Chewbacca

They sure love that violin. And Emmy's gotten kinda good at it.

Pet beds. Good call. The poor thing has yet to be in her crib. While she was upstairs I was seriously concerned that my sims had somehow forgotten her. But luckily...

My favorite sim, Sam, had taken the poor baby downstairs to eat. Unfortunately...

Tabbie had some problems getting to the food, and when she drank it it went bad and she puked on the floor.

Still felt like her mother no longer cares.

But while pretty much everyone but Zane ( ) had left she took care of Tabbie and my faith in Casey was restored.

Lastly... THE BED PROBLEM. I literally had about 20 places my sims could sleep. They even had designated rooms with a bed for themselves, and their child. But where did they want to sleep?

The two most expensive beds (Emmy is in the white bed near the red & black one) the tent, and the hammock. They just whined about no place to sleep, when there was a couch, two recliners, and

Plenty of good beds. NONE of the others got used the first night.
SO I decided maybe the sims were being stubborn. Like, "Man, if I can't have the good bed, I am sleeping OUTSIDE."

So I made all of the beds the same (Except Tabbie's crib) and changed the doors incase the doors I had were causing problems (apartment type doors). Still don't know if it will work.

Love my sim babies
Lab Assistant
#138 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 3:23 AM
I don't like to use cheats, but I have been wanting to see what would happen if I left them to their own devices for more than a couple hours. I did that when I had sims 3, and absolutely everyone was in the red.

Now I know... and knowing is half the battle.
Scholar
#139 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 3:48 AM
sounds like fun
Lab Assistant
#140 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 4:24 AM Last edited by AJV2688 : 8th Aug 2014 at 5:13 AM.
So, I picked this family called the Ottomas. The pregnant wife is starving, and is doing everything other than going to the fridge to eat... I know this isn't going to end well.

And why do they keep giving the toddler a bath right before he actually needs one?

What bugs me the most is that they all keep choosing the wrong beds.

Instructor
#141 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AJV2688
What bugs me the most is that they all keep choosing the wrong beds.

There's a mod for that, where you can assign bed ownership to sims. Don't recall where it's from, but you could ask in the WCIF section.
Lab Assistant
#142 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 3:21 PM
Yeah, I've heard. I might try to figure out how to get mods one day, but right now I find it too complicated.

So, now, I've had a glitch. The social worker took away the kids while the dad and teen son were dying. After dad and son were gone, the kids reappeared as NPC.
Not counting that, my sims have 425 points so far. :P

Mad Poster
#143 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 4:19 PM
AJV: and there is a mod to stop the bath-the-baby madness. These mods are innocent - they don't conflict with anything I know of, and I have a ton. Mods just go into downloads (although I put mine in sub-folders, I have 5 just for mods)

Mad Poster
#144 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 4:36 PM
So I downloaded - No Baby/Toddler Swarming - from here: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=10.0
and you can be sure no one react at toddler when he is crying dirty in his crib until his hunger drops at half. Then one sim comes and changes diaper and feeds him and does other interactions. Toddler will be put into crib always when his energy will drop low, so no need of pet beds.

There is one more tip. Do not make any teen (or when child grows to teen) with knowledge aspiration. I did this and my teen fell into total aspiration failure because she never went to colledge when she grew up.
Mad Poster
#145 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 4:55 PM
And MY tip: get a toddler bed so they can put THEMSELVES to bed! Nothing wrong with Knowledge aspiration (I use it a lot), as long as you get them happy before they grow up. Or - get a mod that stops all the college wants & disapointments. I only have college in one hood, and sure don't want to deal with the melodrama - hay, LOTS of people would NOT ever like to go to college.

Lab Assistant
#146 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 5:54 PM
I tried this challenge again. It's fun, I really like it as a mini challenge from time to time.
I did cheat, however. I directed adult sims to serve food when a child was getting a warning about starving. They often served food autonomously, but I did intervene several times, so my household probably doesn't really count for the challenge.
I've started with
- a married couple (Romance, Pleasure) with a teen female (Knowledge)and a male child
- single mom (Family) with teen male (Knowledge)
- single dad (Pleasure) with female toddler

I play with ACR and InTeen. Surprisingly, there has not been any pregnancy in these families during playtime, even though the two teens have three bolt chemistry. The teens' relationship was funny to watch: They liked each other immediately, of course, but once the challenge-induced dissatisfaction kicked in, it got really rocky. They went from making out to fighting and back... Most times the girl started the fights. Later, when her little brother grew up, he also became involved in the fightings. The siblings are enemies now.
The mothers took turns taking care of the toddler, even though they were not related to her. So that girl grew up just fine. Her father, however, mostly ignored her.
Everyone is sick with the flu all the time and the cockroaches are everywhere. I thought I still had MATY's realistic sickness mod, but it seems I removed it some time ago. That's why nobody ever dies from the endless flu cycles...

So, basically, after about four seasons I still have all my starting sims: The teens are adults, the child and the toddler are teenagers. Everyone else is halfway through adult stage. I think I'm going to end this and let everyone marry into normal households where they can spend the rest of their lives in relative peace. I've grown kind of attached to some of them, since they took so much care of themselves and of the children.
Lab Assistant
#147 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 11:42 PM
I haven't played TS2 in over a year (screw you, Windows 8), but Imma do this with Life Stories xD I can only have 4 sims on the lot so I'm going to alter the rules a bit and have 1 adult, 1 teen, 1 child and 1 toddler (and the teen will have a job so the adult can stay home), but I'm excited to do this again xD

Call me Britt, an amateur ToTer
Top Secret Researcher
#148 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 6:39 PM
I have used this challenge as an inspiration for when I play Top Model in sims 2. In between photoshoots, the models have to take care of their own needs, and make friends on their own. And before each photoshoot, the one with the lowest amount of friends and lowest motives is eliminated. Very fun way to play! Have already made 9 Cycles. I'm thinking about uploading them here... At least I think it's entertaining because there is no way to tell who's going to win ^^
Test Subject
#149 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 11:31 AM
this looks fun! I'm gonna try this
Lab Assistant
#150 Old 24th Apr 2015 at 2:23 PM Last edited by imarock79 : 26th Apr 2015 at 1:47 PM.
We are playing this. There was this uberhood I made that got corrupt so we put the lot in there.
We made them according to directions. We are not keeping score though.
They are hilarious to watch.

We have one married adult couple of male and female, they had a teen boy and a boy child.
Then we had a male adult with teen girl. And a alien male adult with boy toddler.
ACR made the couple straight and the two adult males and teen boy gay. There was a threesome there for awhile until the teen got love for the alien and then the other male got angry about that, he was happy to share but did not want to be excluded.
Then as the children grew, the female teen and the boy child and toddler are gay too. The child and toddler have aged to adult and are a couple.
They are always fighting between the males and the girl, the couple is the stability of the house, everyone loves them. Other than brawls, there is usually always someone crying, complaining about being hungry, someone is usually sick from the roaches too. Lots of drama in this house. Oddly, there has never been a fire.
The older 4 are elders, the teens are adults, children have grown and more babies keep being brought in.
When we need to replace any, we will be using premades since the neighborhood is toast anyways.

We do not keep score cause we help them alot.
We have helped them keep from starving, cleaning, engaged, married, find loves, etc.

It is just comical to just let them play as we watch.
One of the funny things that happened is one brought Carlos Contender home from work, he ended up cleaning the house, spraying roaches and staying for quite awhile til he left and hasn't been back, lol.
It seems lots of their visitors clean and help out, lol.

Edited: The corruption got the best of them, they would stand in front of fridge or stove or even food and complain they were hungry, tried clicking on food but it would drop from queue.
So the majority went from starvation, a few from the fire that daughter started and a couple from old age.

The original 8 have been extracted, we liked them , and we are going to retry this with them again. The game on my computer has been un-reinstalled and am making a new hood, and adding them to it.

We are a Mom and 24 year old Daughter who love Sims 2, Sims 1, Sims 3 and Sims 4, respectively.
We also share videos of our games on our YouTube channel.
Page 6 of 7