Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#176 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 11:32 PM
It's wonderful to see the thread so active! I've only just finished the rounds for my modern hoods and it's time to dip back into my Medieval Hood. I have a lot of work ahead of myself!

First off, I have my first merchant family! Since the treasury (somehow) made it past 5000 simoleans, we now have a village greene and a hedge tavern owned by the Manston family. You can find pics of the Merchant house and the Hedge Tavern at the bottom!

The Manston Family:
Tom Manston hadn't expected to be a father. He and his wife were well into their later years without children and Tom had never bothered remarrying. He'd leave his small inn to his brother and would die peacefully with his wife. Tom didn't know that his wife disagreed. A few discreet visits to a local witch behind her husband's back, and the couple was blessed with twins, an heir and a daughter, Tibalt and Rosaline.

Tom was beyond excited at his newfound parenthood, and unfortunately, so was his wife.

Despite her advanced age, she was determined to have another child. Tom didn't mind another miracle and welcomed little Tristan's birth. But, it still wasn't enough for a woman that had been ridiculed for her lack of fertility and gossiped about when a girl from a Yeoman family couldn't provide an heir for her Merchant husband for so many years. Despite the midwife's and the witch's warnings, Tom's wife conceived again. Little Augustina's birth went surprisingly well. Both mother and child had an easy birth, but the new mother still was unsatisfied. It was when Tom's beloved tried for one final child that her body and heart gave out.

During her final pregnancy, she had been walking through the market after a final meeting with the witch, only for her body to stop and drop dead in the street. The city was horrified, the witch had disappeared, and Tom was left devastated with four heartbroken children.

When the whispers of witchcraft began affecting the reputation of his children and business, Tom decided to move to Fiddleford and open a small tavern. He and his children needed a new start away from the pain of the capital city. Hopefully, Fiddleford would prove to be a new start.

Alia: And that's my Manston Family! Tom is an elder, with three teens and a little girl! Hopefully, I'll be able to find Rosaline a husband. There are no available Gentry men for her to marry and the Manstons are the only merchant family. Hopefully, we can hit 8000 in the treasury for another merchant family to arrive.

My next post is going to be an overall update of the town. There are babies now!
Screenshots

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#177 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 6:28 AM Last edited by vllygrl : 21st Feb 2018 at 6:29 AM. Reason: Punctuation
I love your update, Alia! The Manston family has a very interesting backstory and I’m excited for your next post to find out what happens next in The Manston family and Fiddleford (love that name by the way - must be an interesting story about its origins!) I’m also glad to see the thread getting lively again!
I have started a new medieval hood as well - I will try to post about it soon but I have a lot of family visiting right now so I don’t have a lot of time to write. Soon!

Find all of my Challenges in MTS Sims 2 Challenges "Ye Olde" Section:
Vllygrl's By George! Regency Play Style/Challenge; Regency/Victorian ROS;
The Medieval Charter Challenge & ROS for MCC;
The Crown of Laurels Challenge; & Besieged! New Medieval Challenge & Medieval ROS.
Forum Resident
#178 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 7:04 PM
So, I intended to write an update post, but I have an important question to ask @vllygrl and anyone else that wants to respond before that occurs!

How do we handle life insurance the game provides when our elders die of old age? I have a number of elders that may pass within the next season or two.

Is the money taxable? Is it considered a hidden savings? Can it only be used to buy crops/livestock/materials to benefit the household only?

I had all of these thoughts while dealing with Robyn Carew and his surprisingly difficult love life (You know what they say about best laid plans about dowries...). His father, Wayne, is getting old fast, leaving Robyn alone in a household of five girls (six if he and Agnes roll for engagement). I knew Wayne wasn't going to die yet (he lived after being struck by lightning), but his time is running short...

It's a delicate balance.
Instructor
Original Poster
#179 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 12:20 AM
Hmm, Alia, you've posed a very good question which I realized I have completely overlooked!

After doing some research online, I see that taxes/tithes varied wildly during Medieval times, under different rulers, in different countries and even from town to town. So with that in mind, what I think best suits the MCC and has a flavour of the times, would be to impose a 10% Inheritance Tithe on Life Insurance and inherited property (lot value); payable to the crown.

As with other Taxes, Tithes, Rents, Fees, & Fines, any remaining income after all Taxes, Tithes, Rents, Fees, Fines and Dowries have been paid may be reinvested into the family farm, trade or business, or used to buy investment coins.
I hope this is a clear answer for you, and I am looking forward to your next update!

The Crown of Laurels Challenge; & Besieged! New Medieval Challenge & Medieval ROS.
Forum Resident
#180 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 7:19 AM Last edited by AliaD85 : 27th Feb 2018 at 12:41 PM.
Hmmm... Sounds good!

Inherited property? I suppose that would deal with our Merchants, Gentry, and Nobles.

I don't want things to be easy for my sims (especially the peasants) and this will also help pad up my treasury! The way things are going, I'll be adding a new community lot, another merchant family, and an additional yeoman household!

It's a delicate balance.
Mad Poster
#181 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 12:02 PM
I'm thinking about having a go at a modified version of this challenge, using pre-made/user-made sims from Pleasantview, Riverblossom Hills and Widespot (and a few other pre-made households). I would set it up to play with three separate Settlements, which would collect taxes and tithes etc separately from each other so that they were competing to become a City soonest - the first settlement to become a city would become the home of the royal family. The three settlements will be somewhat separate, though gentry (and merchants, nobility and royalty, when I have them!) would travel freely between them and yeomen would travel between them when I am actively playing them. They could also be invited over by other gentry/yeomen etc households. That should help me to arrange marriages between gentry and yeomen households if required. Peasants would not be allowed to travel between the settlements, so they will be quite limited in their choice of partners, though higher-ranking sims could make introductions/help to arrange marriages if there were no eligible sims locally.

Instead of purchasing community lots when there is a set amount of money available I would use the treasury funds to actually buy them (though I would be purchasing them in the order given in the challenge rules), so it will take a lot longer than needing a certain amount of money available but not actually spending it. Some community lots would be really expensive! I would also collect church funds from tithing separately, and they would be used to purchase religion-related lots for each region - things like the church, cemetery, monastery, cloister etc would be purchased from church funds rather than from the royal treasury. I'm also looking for ideas for alternatives to the Harbour & Docks for trade ships lot, as only Pleasantview is by the ocean. I am trying to think of lots with a similar purchase price, and use if possible, for Riverblossom Hills and Widespot. Does anyone have any ideas?!

I'm also going to use random rolls for death during childbirth/infancy rather than limiting the number of children per couple. In order to move out and establish their own households, non-firstborn sons would need to have enough money to purchase their new home without the $20,000 handout - so $15,000 for peasants, $35,000 for yeomen and $70,000 for gentry. Firstborn sons would remain in the family home, and daughters would be married out. Some households are likely to become pretty large as they won't be able to afford to split.

I have a lot of downloading to do to get all of the CC that I want, as I don't currently play a historical 'hood, and then I'll have to spend a lot of time setting the 'hood up before I can start playing, but hopefully doing so will be enjoyable and will hold my interest!
Instructor
Original Poster
#182 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 5:42 AM Last edited by vllygrl : 11th Mar 2018 at 8:42 PM. Reason: messed up my post!
That's a great idea, lauratje86! Every once in awhile I have to put all those premades together and just let them loose!

I love your ideas and adaptations on the challenge for setting up your new game -- you've obviously really thought out the details and I look forward to hearing more about how it plays out!

Instructor
Original Poster
#183 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 8:39 PM Last edited by vllygrl : 13th Mar 2018 at 6:29 PM. Reason: weird punctuation!
Now for a long overdue update on my game:

For quite some time now I have been hashing out a few ideas on alternative ways of playing the MCC, or at least some of its aspects. Heimskur's Four Provinces terrain (http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...hp?f=167&t=5659) really intrigues me with its possibilities.

As described by Heimskur: "Chicklet asked for a map in order to play out a specific scenario: The King has died, and four noblemen vie for control of the kingdom. So, I created this map in four (but really five) sections. Each nobleman's province has it's own distinct geography, in order to break the areas up. There's space for a large estate for each noble and enough room to support the peasants of their fief. The deceased King's castle lies in the middle of the kingdom on an island. You can obviously decorate and create kingdoms or provinces in any fashion you choose!"

I also used Heimskur's Four Provinces terrain map once before for attempting SwallowTail 87's Sims 2 International Challenge http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=470785

I came across this post a couple of weeks ago by Beryllium: http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...&p=87576#p87576, which gave me more ideas of how I could use Four Provinces with a variation on my MCC.

@lauratje86: Your post also fits in really well "I would set it up to play with three separate Settlements, which would collect taxes and tithes etc separately from each other so that they were competing to become a City soonest - the first settlement to become a city would become the home of the royal family. The three settlements will be somewhat separate".

The Four Provinces terrain will work really well to set up four shires which are in competition with each other for the crown, which is what I'm setting up now. The backstory is that the kingdom is devastated by the SecuROM Wars, the treasury gutted, and the King killed in the War. With the entire kingdom in disarray, the Queen remains, but she is inexperienced with running a kingdom, has few advisors whom she can trust, and is dying. What she is able to accomplish is to challenge four ravaged shires to pull themselves firmly up by their bootstraps - to spur on their efforts, she issues a decree that sets out the parameters of how each shire shall rebuild itself and how to win the competition. The winning lord of the manor gets the prize of marriage to her daughter, the only heir to the crown. In the meantime, the Queen, the Crown Princess (still a child), and the Queen's Steward live in the the deceased King's castle in the middle of the kingdom on an island, but I won't play them until one of the four shires reaches the point of success according to the criteria set out in the Queen's Decree. By that point, the Queen's illness will have advanced to it's natural conclusion, the Crown Princess will have grown up and have been named the new Queen. The winning noble out of the four shires will be wedded to the new Queen and become her consort, thereby raising his family into Royalty.

Right now I'm working on the Royal Decree, specifically the criteria which each noble head of each shire will have to meet in order to win the competition. Also setting up the map with each of the four shires, each of which will be basically at settlement/hamlet stage, and then building up each one separately as per the guidelines of the MCC. Thirdly, I will be creating a brand new ROS to be used with each round I play so that there will be some additional obstacles for each shire to overcome in their pursuit of the prize, so that it doesn't just become build community lot, etc., etc., rinse, repeat x4. Whew!

Forum Resident
#184 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 7:13 PM
So, I have another question about the MCC challenge. (I'm just full of questions apparently.)

Are Merchant community lot businesses simply Yeomanry businesses with their own lot? I ask because I get to add a new merchant household thanks to the treasury. However, my new merchant family has two adult males which equals two independent households. Lucius, his teen wife, Meg, and their two toddlers own the weekly marketplace (which was a blast to build!). However, I have Lucius's brother, Valentine, teen sister, Sybil, and Valentine's two children in a new separate household.

Is it okay to have Valentine as a blacksmith? I can't find a full list of merchant businesses anywhere, so I didn't know what other profession to give him.

It's a delicate balance.
Instructor
Original Poster
#185 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 1:18 AM
Haha, Alia, questions are good! Sounds like your hood is coming along briskly! I'll try to answer as best I can: Merchants can only purchase or build Community Lot Businesses and may Purchase, Furnish & Stock a Community Business in the $50,000 -$75,000 value range. Blacksmithing is a Yeoman occupation only. So you have the opportunity to start a second new business with Valentine!

Forum Resident
#186 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 1:54 AM
I guess that's where I'm lost. My treasury isn't high enough yet for the other listed community lots, so I'm trying to figure out what type of community lot business Valentine could start.

Not only that, but enough of my merchants have sons that will need to figure out their own businesses.

It's a delicate balance.
Instructor
Original Poster
#187 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 5:08 AM
In this case, you do not need to worry about the treasury amounts because this is an unusual circumstance. As per page 16, Valentine will have $35,000 to set up his home and $50,000 -$100,000 to purchase or build and also set up his business. What business would you like him to have? A wine shop, an import shop, a carpet shop, a clothing shop, candles, baby stuff, quilts, pottery, paintings, toys, flowers and plants, etc., a hair salon -- the sky's the limit!

Merchant Initial Set-up Costs:
Merchant Holdings
Community Lot Business only.
Townhouse
Lot Size 2 x 2 or 2 x 3
Lot, House & Furnishings to equal exactly $35,000.

2 Levels, With Foundation,
3 Rooms Up, 3 Down,
+ 1 Indoor privy; Landscaping flowers, trees and shrubs only, no garden plots.

Bank Balance after Building
& Set up
$1000

May Purchase, Furnish & Stock a Community Business in the
$50,000 -$100,000 value range.

As for the merchants with sons, the eldest son inherits the family home and business, the second son may start his own separate business when he manages to accumulate enough money (get a loan, maybe?), and any other younger sons may want to work for their older brothers, apprentice themselves, or join a monastery. They don't have to ALL start businesses and likely would find it prohibitive financially in any case.

Forum Resident
#188 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 3:41 PM
So, essentially it's something they don't make themselves? I ask because page 5 and 6 have Chandler, Toymaker, Winemaker, Tailor, Florist, etc. under Yeoman Costermonger businesses that unlock at certain levels of Hamlet, Village, and Town. I actually have a yeoman teen about to marry and open a chandler home business. I figured all of those being Yeoman businesses would restrict what I could offer my Merchants.

Maybe a carpet business then? I did grab something from the Keep that would let my sims 'weave' tapestries. That would probably work really well!

It's a delicate balance.
Mad Poster
#189 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 7:15 PM Last edited by lauratje86 : 30th Dec 2018 at 4:01 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by vllygrl
That's a great idea, lauratje86! Every once in awhile I have to put all those premades together and just let them loose!

I love your ideas and adaptations on the challenge for setting up your new game -- you've obviously really thought out the details and I look forward to hearing more about how it plays out!

Thank you! :-) I got a bit distracted with other stuff and I have now decided to play an adapted version of my original idea, featuring loads of Peni Griffin's sims, because I love them :-) I will be setting up a past-day 'hood with her Widespot sims (plus a few other households) and her Land Grant University sims and their parents/siblings, set approximately 20 sim-days ago. They will live in an island neighbourhood, with two separate islands, one for each city-to-be.

I have to admit, though, that I am considering starting each hamlet off with 8 households - the usual 1 gentry household and 2 yeoman households, but with 5 peasant households each. There are so many sims whom I want to include in the 'hood! :-D

**ETA** OK, I've made up my mind - I am definitely going to start with 5 peasant households in each hamlet. I've also decided who will live in each hamlet.

Morrillton will be home to the Thyme household (gentry), the Bellum and Wheels households (artisans) and the Gieke, Gutenberg, Knowe, Matrix and Notes households (peasants). Aside from the Gieke household, all of the households are made up of Peni Griffin's Land Grant University students and the parents that she made and shared for them on her Tumblr (along with additional siblings, in some cases).

Widespot will be home to the Bucklands (gentry - my self-sim and her family!), the Land and Weiss households (artisans) and the Beech, Larson, Ottomas, Shores and Wood households. The Land, Weiss and Beech households are from Peni's Widespot, the Wood household was also made by Peni and featured in Emerald Heights, the Larsons and Ottomai are premade sims, and the Shores are a CAS family which I created so that Sandy Beech has parents and siblings (and one of the Shores sons is married to Florence Delarosa.

Two of the households (Wheels and Weiss) include a half-alien youngster, so all gentry and artisan households will start off with a "natural looking" telescope as well as the things listed in the challenge documentation. Nobility and royalty will also own telescopes, when I have them in my 'hood. Peasants can buy telescopes if they can afford them and want them, but they would be unlikely to ever have the money for one.

I don't want to play with imposed limits on numbers of children for each class, so I will use my usual chances of fertility/death during childbirth, but with altered numbers depending on whether or not a midwife is present at the birth*. I think that currently, given the circumstances, sims would only infrequently travel between the two hamlets (which are on different islands). Midwives have to be magically gifted, which is genetic/inherited in my game. So at the start of play only Widespotians will have access to a midwife - the current midwife is Beulah Land, and her toddler daughter Mary is also magically gifted and hence is likely to be Widespot's midwife in the future.

*With a midwife present sims have a 1/25 chance of death for a single baby, 1/20 for twins, 1/5 for triplets and 1/3 for quads. They also have a 1/20 chance of becoming partially infertile and a 1/50 chance of becoming completely infertile. Without a midwife present they have a 1/20 chance of death for a single baby, 1/15 for twins, 1/3 for triplets and 1/2 for quads. They also have a 1/10 chance of becoming partially infertile and a 1/25 chance of becoming completely infertile. Male sims who are giving birth to half-alien babies have higher chances of death during childbirth - 1/10 or 1/5 for a single baby, 1/5 or 1/3 for twins, 1/3 or 1/2 for triplets and 1/2 or guaranteed death for quads, depending on whether or not there is a midwife present. Fortunately triplets and quads from abduction pregnancies are very rare!

When a sim is created/born I make an initial roll for their fertility. Male sims have a 1/25 chance of being completely infertile and a 1/25 chance of being partially infertile. Female sims have the same chances of infertility and also a 1/25 chance of being somewhat inclined to miscarry (2/3 of pregnancies end in miscarriage) and a 1/25 chance of being majorly inclined to miscarry (5/6 of pregnancies end in miscarriage or stillbirth). Half- or part-alien sims have higher chances of infertility (1/8 chance for each type of fertility problem for half-aliens).
Forum Resident
#190 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 12:18 AM
I love the random rolls for fertility, lauratje86! It's always been something I've thought about for modern hoods, but it completely escaped me for medieval neighborhoods. Admittedly, I do not have aliens in my medieval game so I would have to change the numbers. I'm using a PT mod from The Keep called Wild Hunt with fae, spirits, trolls and monsters. I may shorten a life-span depending on what bloodline a child carries.

I've also thought about changing the imposed limits on children. I'm just not totally sure how to go about it just yet. I'm still in research mode.

It's a delicate balance.
Instructor
Original Poster
#191 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 4:24 AM Last edited by vllygrl : 16th Mar 2018 at 4:28 AM. Reason: weird punctuation!
@Alia: Yes, you're correct, Merchant businesses are for selling something they don't craft themselves, plus they can have venue businesses like the better class of tavern, public houses, inns, restaurants, etc. Yeomen cannot have buyable community lot businesses but only home businesses, Other than the one exception - a lowly hedge tavern, which can only be owned by a yeoman - and peasants are only allowed very simple roadside farm gate businesess to sell their excess produce/livestock -- only (1) 2-tile market table, (1) counter with (1) cash register and (1) Open sign are allowed for this very basic home business. I think a carpet business could be a very good Merchant business!

@lauratje86: Wow! You are so detailed and well-planned in all these aspects of your game! Your random rolls certainly add a realistic feel to the perils of medieval pregnancy and childbirth!

Since I really want to develop and play a variation on the MCC, I have shuffled some of the MCC guidelines quite a bit my self -- including #s of children allowed, lol! I have now got the ROS ready, written most of my play guidelines, and just need to tweak them some more. I too am reconsidering starting out with more peasants in each hamlet -- I am realizing that if I have 4 hamlets and multiply that x4-5 households each, I will be overwhelmed almost immediately with too many families to play at once. So rather than start with four hamlets initially, I have revised my original plan and will start with 2 hamlets, with 1 each gentry, merchant and yeoman households, and 4 peasant families, then add the other 2 hamlets one at a time later, in order to develop my economy the way I want to.

Mad Poster
#192 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 12:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AliaD85
I love the random rolls for fertility, lauratje86! It's always been something I've thought about for modern hoods, but it completely escaped me for medieval neighborhoods. Admittedly, I do not have aliens in my medieval game so I would have to change the numbers. I'm using a PT mod from The Keep called Wild Hunt with fae, spirits, trolls and monsters. I may shorten a life-span depending on what bloodline a child carries.

I've also thought about changing the imposed limits on children. I'm just not totally sure how to go about it just yet. I'm still in research mode.

I may well alter the aliens to make them into Fae, actually. But I will keep the fertility chances the same as they are currently for aliens, I think. I reckon that my fertility and death during childbirth rolls (as well as various other death rolls that I use, for certain careers, for example, and possibly for other Medieval-y things that I come up with). will keep the population low enough that I won't need to artificially limit the numbers of children that different classes can have. We shall see!

lauratje86: Wow! You are so detailed and well-planned in all these aspects of your game! Your random rolls certainly add a realistic feel to the perils of medieval pregnancy and childbirth!

Since I really want to develop and play a variation on the MCC, I have shuffled some of the MCC guidelines quite a bit my self -- including #s of children allowed, lol! I have now got the ROS ready, written most of my play guidelines, and just need to tweak them some more. I too am reconsidering starting out with more peasants in each hamlet -- I am realizing that if I have 4 hamlets and multiply that x4-5 households each, I will be overwhelmed almost immediately with too many families to play at once. So rather than start with four hamlets initially, I have revised my original plan and will start with 2 hamlets, with 1 each gentry, merchant and yeoman households, and 4 peasant families, then add the other 2 hamlets one at a time later, in order to develop my economy the way I want to.

I am also altering the MCC guidelines for my own use, to include various aspects of the way in which I usually play and to be as fun as possible! Will you be sharing your reshuffled guidelines?

Yes, having too many households at once could definitely be overwhelming. So you are adding a merchant household to your settlements to start off with? I kind of want to start with 9 households per settlement - 1 gentry, 1 merchant, 2 yeoman and 5 peasants. That would make more sense for the pre-made sims whom I am using for my 'hood, really, and also makes things easier by increasing marriage options for higher class sims. I won't be adding any special lots to add marriageable sims to my neighbourhood, so finding marital partners will be difficult for some of my sims (though I intend to cheat for my self-sim, by adding a sim version of my RL partner when my self-sim becomes an adult!). I am also awfully tempted to add another entire settlement, but I am trying to resist the urge to do so!

I won't be sticking to your rule that all non-firstborn sons must move out when they become adults, as I don't have handouts in my game (I use a no-20k handout mod), so sims won't be able to leave the family home until they can afford to buy their own home, according to the costs given for their current class. So I reckon that it will be quite rare for sims to actually be able to move out!

I do have a question about your guidelines, about purchasing the lots required for the settlement to move up to the next level. As I understand it a settlement needs a communal well, village green, church and cemetery and hedge tavern in order to move up to a hamlet. In my game the communal well and village green will be purchased by the treasury (from the taxes/fees/fines) and the church and cemetery will be purchased by the church (from the tithes). Does the hedge tavern have to be purchased by a settlement household which has moved up to become yeomen (or a second-son of a yeoman who has moved out of the family home and purchased a hedge tavern), or can it be purchased by the yeoman household which is added when the settlement becomes a hamlet?
Instructor
Original Poster
#193 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 1:18 AM Last edited by vllygrl : 7th Apr 2018 at 6:01 AM. Reason: additional information
@laura: Yes I plan to share - and it will actually be in the form of a new challenge; it ended up being changed enough and different in spirit enough to warrant that! I’m hoping to post it soon, with a little more polishing! I decided to add a Merchant right at the beginning this time because I want to focus more on building an economy and to facilitate that, I want the Merchant to own a Market Square business so that I can run market days. My thinking with the 2nd and later born sons was also no 20k handouts - they will have to marry well and strive very hard to earn enough money to buy their own lots!
Your plan for 9 households makes a lot of sense for all the reasons you’ve thought about! It’s a balancing act, too few and you can’t properly play out scenarios very well - too many slows things down and you end up with the same problem!
With the Hedge Tavern, any of the scenarios you describe will work - I always like to have the Hedge Tavern as soon as possible for the social interaction it provides.

Edited to add: I have uploaded my new challenge to the queue; hopefully it will be approved and if so we should see it in a few days! Watch for "The Crown of Laurels Challenge"!

Test Subject
#194 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 6:47 AM
Heimskur's Four Provinces terrain (http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...hp?f=167&t=5659) really intrigues me with its possibilities.

Oh, I try to use the same terrain)))
Instructor
Original Poster
#195 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 4:03 PM
Yes it’s a great terrain! Lots of potential for all kinds of scenarios.

Instructor
Original Poster
#196 Old 7th Apr 2018 at 8:28 PM
New challenge (variation on MCC) now added:

http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=610236

Happy Simming!

Test Subject
#197 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 1:09 PM
Hi all, I'm finally looking at the lovely medieval challenges for how in-depth they are!
However, I'm having some difficulty opening the rules document because of its .rar. I'm a bit stuck on what program to use to open it since I have no problems with the .zip programs.
Instructor
Original Poster
#198 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 5:41 AM
Hi MoonTide and Welcome to the MCC! You should be able to open the document with WinZip.
Or try this box link, hopefully it will work for you:
https://app.box.com/s/a035dd8acbfe565af7e1
Let me know if you need more help!
Cheers,
Vllygrl

Test Subject
#199 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 10:26 PM
Thank you vllygrl! I should have looked up on the wiki for the .rar, but I had thought my laptop should have been able to figure it out. Now I have no problem with .rar files, as now I'm jumping into the CC while creating my sims slowly.

Noticed how there is quite a few sims to start off with, for a new settlement. Haven't played a town this big in a while.... Will be interesting how everything unfolds!
Instructor
Original Poster
#200 Old 15th May 2018 at 11:26 PM
Hi MoonTide, so glad you got it sorted out! Sorry for my late reply, I was camping for a couple weeks and didn't have much wifi! Good luck with the CC hunt - there is so much terrific medieval CC available you will have your choice of goodies! Creating your sims slowly should give you some time to develop their backstories as you go, it's a great strategy. Yes, there are a lot of sims to start off with in the MCC - it's a bit different from say, legacy-style play that way for sure. It is flexible enough though for you to still take your time and start relatively small if that's what you prefer. Please let us know how it's coming along!
Happy Simming,
Vllygrl

Page 8 of 11