Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Feb 2005 at 1:49 AM
Default am i right and if i am help me plz
ok i have been downloaded loads of stuff for me to play and around with e.g
all cars
trashed set
cage
fire
unbuyable objects
xbox
ps2
some new jobs SimPE 15
and some houses

i put them in the downloads folder and then into other folders so i can find them faster e.g
electronics,odd bits,sim cars, trashed set ,houses and jobs

i was wondering if this is making my game run slowing (i freezes then starts the freezes ,the stops are only for about 4-9 secs tho)

ca some 1 help plx :confused:
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 20th Feb 2005 at 1:55 AM
"simpe 15"
You didn't put this in downloads did you?

What I think might be happening is that there is too much stuff in your downloads folder.... try taking some of it out, (maybe the jobs? I don't know...I've not used any of the new jobs), and restarting the game.
Otherwise it might be a graphics setting or some such causing a problem. I hope some one with more knowledge pops in to help you.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Feb 2005 at 12:43 PM
no i put SimPE in my own folder in my documents called sim pe but i'll try taking some stuff out the download folder
Test Subject
#4 Old 20th Feb 2005 at 8:29 PM
you can't have stuff in other folders in the download folder. the amount of downloads in there isn't a factor. there are people with like 9,000 files. now, it's important to not put a bunch of beta items in at once, cause they might be unstable on your computer.
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#5 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 12:29 AM
Actually you can have folders within folders within folders in the Downloads directory - and I do! I have 2.5 gb of custom content and do not experience what you are and neither do a lot of people.

Did the game do this before you installed any custom content? Is it on lots that have a lot of items on them? What about on empty lots? What do you have running in the background, other programs may also be causing this by taking resources away from the game.

Give us your pc stats:

CPU
RAM
Video Card

then I reckon we can get down to tin tacks :D

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Feb 2005 at 7:00 PM
my pc is a emachines one,it has 256 ram, 40 gb, 2,50 GHz ,3D AGP graphics card.it says this on the front of the big box thingy
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Feb 2005 at 7:02 PM
and don't don't know wwant my video card is i have that direct 9 thing i got when i installed sims 2