Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Banned - Duplicate Accounts not allowed
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Feb 2005 at 7:31 PM
Default Biotech Station Help!
Can someone tell me how do you get your sims sick from the biotech station because even after i got all of my sims(8 sims on lot) sick with food poising it still didnt help and when i clicked on the virus i had made from the biotech machine it didnt say anything except "dispose" like it always does and nobody got sick,even after i clicked on my sims it didnt have an option for you to make that sim drink the virus either and it says in the strategy guide that your sim can catch a virus and die from it when using the biotech station and yet nothing happend.So please can someone help.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 8:05 AM
hmm, interesting, because anytime I've sent a Sim who wasn't maxed on logic and in a perfect mood to that bloody thing they've caught a virus and been sick for days...
The one time I created a virus on purpose, she caught it while disposing...
You haven't immunized yourself with one of the hacks here have you?
Forum Resident
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 8:18 AM
I think a sim can catch virus during process of making the virus.

However, it seldem happens.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 8:21 AM
it's hard for them to get sick using the machine for me..
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 8:26 AM
I find that item utterly usless. My sims get sick from making medicine or ciruses about half the time and it has never cured anything so far - 7 neihborhoods, hundreds of sims.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 5:56 PM
I would LIKE to see a hack which gives some sort of PURPOSE to creating a virus, thereby making it WORTH the risk of catching the very virus you're making - otherwise what's the damned point?

I'd like to see the "dispose" option replaced with "distribute", and then you'd receive, say, 1,000 sim Bucks for distributing the virus - to the military/government bio-weapons department etc.

THAT way there'd be some POINT to it, offsetting the risk of catching it.

I imagine that, by modding standards, it'd be a simple one to do as well.
Test Subject
#7 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 6:13 PM
I don't like the virus either. You can't give it to anyone, so it's stupid. I have used the medicine to cure people a few times. The way you get sick from the machine is trying to make medicine when your skill is not high enough.