Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 1:48 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Limit on walls
After downloading a lot from Maxis, I remodled the place. After placing several wall sections, the game would not allow any more walls to be built. If I eliminated wall sections, it would allow me to built new walls in the exact amount of wall eliminated. This is the only lot that has done this, but it is also has more walls than any of my other lots. Is there a maximum amount of walls that can be built on a lot or was this lot just weird? Anybody else found a maximum amount of walls that can be built?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 3:11 PM
Are you getting any messages? Any slopes or objects in the way? You have enough money? Is it a home being lived in? Any "hidden" objects?

Gee....I'm outta ideas....but I'm not a sims2 expert like a lot of folks around here. And I generally build more open floor plans than a lot of closed in rooms (except bath and bedrooms of course) since my sims seem to prefer them.

Good luck. hopefully someone will come along with some better ideas!

:D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 5:04 PM
No messages other "the application has crashed". Tried building all over the lot including out in the open. Plenty of money and no one living in house. Other lots with less walls work fine. I usually go with more open floor plans to but this was a performing arts center with dressing rooms, prop rooms, etc. and living quarters.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 5:08 PM
The plenty of money was after I put someone in the house to see if that would change the problem. Of course, with no one in the lot money is not an issue.
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#5 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 2:03 AM
There is a limit to the # of walls... check out this post (I did a search):

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=10907
Test Subject
#6 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 1:28 PM
Daysies....thank you for the information! Wasn't my issue, but it is a good thing to be aware of in general. Especially with the potential for more small rooms in one big building with Uni coming out! :D
Test Subject
#7 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 1:43 PM
Default Wall Limits
Hmm, Im surprised the limit was 2057, I would have suspected a power of 2, like
2048 or 4096. (computers like powers of 2 for the non-technical out there) and size limits on data are frequently a power of 2 or a power of 2 -1. 2047 would make more sense...