Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 2:27 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default why oh why is this happening to me?
I have checked on this subject but the answers I got aren't quite what I need. Okay my game is all of a sudden slowing down. For a long time it was flying! All the way up until yesterday. So yesterday I figured oh well maybe computer needs a rest. I shut it off went to bed. Today same darn thing is happening. I have heard of a slow down bug, but, this is also happening on lots that have no family as well as lots with families. I have tried disk clean up, defrag, getting rid of old files....and my downloads folder still has the same amount of things in it as it did a week ago. In other words no new downloads. I also scanned for spyware and for viruses. Everything looks good as far as I can tell. Does anyone have a good guess why this is happening on the lots that have no people on them. It couldn't be the slow bug then could it?

† mom, July 8, 2006 †
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 2:51 AM
Oh well ... I think your OS is WinXP, right?

Ctrl + Alt + Del > Processes

Then, you will see a list of processes, which are currently running.

End any necessary process, or process that is sucking all the CPU and Mem usage.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 2:55 AM
i did that too
Forum Resident
#4 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 2:59 AM
It seems that you have done everything correctly ... :p

I have two ideas, but I don't want to tell you ... I mean suggest you because it is still yet to be proven. :D
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 3:00 AM Last edited by sagana : 26th Feb 2005 at 3:02 AM. Reason: typo
I dunno that it'd help or why your game is suddenly slower, but I try to never go to the neighborhood and change lots. If I want to change lots, I quit all the way out and load the game again - it takes a few minutes more (although my game loads fairly quickly, especially in neighborhoods that don't have a lot of community lots), but it seems like it keeps my game from slowing down (which happens still but mostly when it turns to night and all the lights come on - and/or opening the refrigerator is slow. I think it has something to do with lighting, so how many lights you have on a lot might have something to do with it.)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 3:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KKai
It seems that you have done everything correctly ... :p

I have two ideas, but I don't want to tell you ... I mean suggest you because it is still yet to be proven. :D

Hmmmmmmm, sounds interesting. What is still yet to be proven?

† mom, July 8, 2006 †
Forum Resident
#7 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 7:43 AM Last edited by KKai : 26th Feb 2005 at 7:45 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by lilsweetiecori
Hmmmmmmm, sounds interesting. What is still yet to be proven?

Need to look into that first. :Pimp:
(That is what I can't do at this moment.)

I'll PM you as soon as I have or don't have a clue.

Live for today, learn from yesterday, and dream of tomorrow.
A being under construction -- Even so, come.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 8:01 PM
I have the same problem too, but I'm not sure exactly which processes I'm not supposed to end so I only end the ones like antivirus or ipod manager etc. Can anyone tell me which ones have to stay?

By the way this is just for the general slowup problem. I also have the problem listed above, the game was working fine yesterday, today in all the lots it's verry slow, I'm thinking maybe it's because of a new mesh I got... Maybe that's your problem I heard some meshes can slow game down...