Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 8:04 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Evicting Sims Families [Part2]
Had to make a Part2 cause from the original thread got locked and I dont know why - http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=37855

Quote: Originally posted by LyricLee
If Youre going to move the family out, you select the icon with the arrow in the family bin to move them out but you will lose all of the belongings that were in the house. I dont know if theres a way to move them out and leave their belongings.

I had another go and I ruined it again, no success, I ended up losing my whole house all together into the lot bin with a unwanted family stuck inside.

All I wanted was the family out, I dont care if they lose their belongings, I just want the house empty and for sale for another family.

I really don't know what you mean by the "icon with the arrow in the family bin", the only option I see in there is the Delete button.

Its so frustating! I also tried to evict the whole family out the house by playing that family, reading the paper with the move on option and game won't let you move out everyone at once.

Why is it so complicated? It was a easy at a piece of cake in the Sims1 ?

:confused: :confused: :confused:
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 8:12 AM
How about a screenshot? :p
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 8:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KKai
How about a screenshot? :p

A screensot of what? Surely everyone's knows what the family bin looks like ?

:confused:
Forum Resident
#4 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 8:19 AM
Because you said, "the only option I see in there is the Delete button.

I am not sure what you mean by that. :p
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#5 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 8:20 AM
When you are in neighborhood view, there is an icon next to the family/lot bin that shows the family icon w/ an arrow pointing downwards. When you click on that, you can now hover over any occupied lot and it will highlight in green. When you click on the lot, you will get a pop up message that moving a family will lose all their belongings and relationships outside of the lot. You are then asked to confirm. Once you confirm, the family should show up in the family bin.

(Also, this thread was part of the Tech Support clean up. So all threads were closed.)
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 8:29 AM
This is the icon you click to move out the family.
Screenshots
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 8:31 AM Last edited by Citysim : 26th Feb 2005 at 8:34 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by daysies
When you are in neighborhood view, there is an icon next to the family/lot bin that shows the family icon w/ an arrow pointing downwards. When you click on that, you can now hover over any occupied lot and it will highlight in green. When you click on the lot, you will get a pop up message that moving a family will lose all their belongings and relationships outside of the lot. You are then asked to confirm. Once you confirm, the family should show up in the family bin.

Thanks Ill try out your paragraph, now it tells me the icon is NEXT to the family bin, (not in the family bin as LyricLee orignally said). That should make things easier.

EDIT: Thanks for the screenshot Saramkirk, I see now, I thought the area, was only for selecting family to play or to Create-A-family screen. Thank-you.
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#8 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 8:32 AM
Thank you, saramkirk. I'm not in the game to take a screenshot. :D