Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 8:40 PM
Default What's up with Luna?
The archomania 5 set says mediafire has suspended the account: http://www.mediafire.com/error.php?...origin=download

http://lunasimslulamai.jimdo.com/
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 8:30 AM
I noticed as well. Whatever's happening I hope it gets sorted out, I really like Luna's mods.
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 9:37 AM
I got an answer back:

Quote:
The URL link to the file has been uploaded by a user whose account has been suspended. As a result the files are not available for downloading.

What a silly answer, not much help in that. There must be tons of Luna's download on mediafire, if I were Luna I wouldn't ever bother to reupload. Having backups of so many files? does anyone have that?
Theorist
#4 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 10:13 AM
No way! Ah man, I hadn't finished my business with Luna's stuff. I hope this gets sorted somehow...

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Forum Resident
#5 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 1:16 PM
volvenom:
i was able to download something from Lunas blogspot only two or three days ago. but i cant recall if it where mediafire links. nevertheless, did you try to see if the arches set or whatever you are talking about is accessable directly on that page? the downloads are under the pics as http....something...links

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 6:24 PM
I tried blogspot and Chrome won't open it and Avast pops a noisy warning. I have those arches on my comp, I have lots of files on my comp, but I'm thinking about my downloaders. Finding anything from just the name of the files, this is so sad
Forum Resident
#7 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 10:53 PM Last edited by shmovese : 14th Sep 2014 at 11:09 PM.
my security also freaked out all the time but at least i could browse it. wait i see if i find the arches and tell you the file name

edit:
sorry for the inconvenience - this was the first thing i couldnt download from blogspot - cause it directed me to the jimdo-site!

tried wayback machine - doesnt work to download but i could see the filenames. try searching for
arcos_Sevilla_deco_de_luna_S3PACKS.rar or arcos_Sevilla_deco_de_luna_packages.rar on your computer volvenom

dodgy builder
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 7:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shmovese
my security also freaked out all the time but at least i could browse it. wait i see if i find the arches and tell you the file name

edit:
sorry for the inconvenience - this was the first thing i couldnt download from blogspot - cause it directed me to the jimdo-site!

tried wayback machine - doesnt work to download but i could see the filenames. try searching for
arcos_Sevilla_deco_de_luna_S3PACKS.rar or arcos_Sevilla_deco_de_luna_packages.rar on your computer volvenom

Thank you, it couldn't find those, but arcomania at least is called archomania some places on my comp I wonder if I can upload the files I have somewhere, I should probably try to sort it a bit ...
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 7:05 PM
Maybe the freak-out Chrome has about malware has something to do with it.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Thank you, it couldn't find those, but arcomania at least is called archomania some places on my comp I wonder if I can upload the files I have somewhere, I should probably try to sort it a bit ...

@volvenom
stupid me: you know the filename i posted above is the name of the rar. so if you unpacked the files then yes - they have different names of course. its was a huge pack with several sims3packs or package files inside... but not long ago i grabbed a FANCY champagne bottle and the file starts with luna_... maybe you can sort things out better with that information?

dodgy builder
Original Poster
#11 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 7:06 AM
Thanks for your help shmovese. I'm just wondering what kind of organizing I could do if I upload to mediafire. Perhaps I could use that filedrop thing, so others could drop files into it as well?

My organizing is a bit halfhazard. It doesn't look like it's possible to right click on the pictures to get a name, so I need to figure out my organizing somehow.
Inventor
#12 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 8:55 AM
I know it's late to say this, but maybe the death-eaters got to her again.

Quote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

- poof gone -
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#13 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 9:07 AM
People get bored of things from time to time. She must have had a paid account at mediafire and stopped paying of something. I can't upload everything I have on mediafire, but I have 4shared as well. It just depends on how much time I would like to use uploading this thing really. We'll see how far I get. Main foldern here: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/v3...lamai.jimdo.com

If someone would like to upload a few things, send me your email and I'll invite you to drop files or something. I have that dropbox thing as well, I don't know what pro and cons it has yet.
Theorist
#14 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 9:34 AM Last edited by tizerist : 26th Sep 2014 at 4:51 PM.
I've got 140 items of Luna*. I have sent you a PM Volvenom.

These Blog sites which are owned by a single person are always liable to go down at any time. Here's 2 sites which I will be raiding of shortly because I don't know how long they will be there:
1) D&M Creations: Last updated Sept 2011. Some pictures have started to disappear but download links remain mostly ok. All downloads need rigfixed.
2) Simming In Magnificent Style: Last updated Dec 2013.

*An easy way to check what Luna items you have, is to open your CC folder. Type Luna into the search box and Windows will find all files with that name. The total amount should be at the bottom.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#15 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 9:50 AM
Yes, I was afraid it might happen, she hasn't been on for a long time. Is there a graveyard somewhere still in use?

I have some from D&M as well, just the sci-Fi set.
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#16 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 8:43 AM
I just realized in another thread Nilxis account has also been suspended, and I just read this article: http://davidcoopermoore.tumblr.com/...opyright-policy

I'm wondering if this may be politics. I might be better off finding a different place to store my things. They are both spanish.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 7:16 PM
Does anybody know a way to contact her so we can ask? An E-mail address or something.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 8:00 PM Last edited by RoseCity : 18th Sep 2014 at 8:49 PM.
Rflong7 reported in SGHydra's thread on the EA forum that "I've had 4 of my worlds that are hosted on Mediafire as infringing on EA's Copy Rights. They are only my worlds and are in Sims3Pack form. Can you tell me why my worlds are being targeted by EA for this all of a sudden? I've got legal copies of the game and am only sharing the worlds."
Coincidence?

Edit: She also says - "I'm fighting it but I don't know if I really have a right since it is EA's game... I'm rather confused since it was never a problem on the site.
Thanks... I'm thinking about just taking it all down (from Mediafire). This is the 4th in less then 2 weeks."
One Minute Ninja'd
#19 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 10:26 PM
So EA is suddenly going after content on Mediafire? Content that's community produced, and offered free of charge? As long as the content is offered without fees, their own EULA allows for third party content to be freely shared. If they're behind this little campaign, I swear I'll be happy to sign on to a class action suit to force them to allow the free exchange of content according to their own EULA guidelines.

I wonder if they're going to start going after TS3 content producers who don't move on to TS4? That would be the final straw.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 7:23 AM
Oh geez, this doesn't sound good. I hope she'll be able to upload at least a few files elsewhere.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 12:54 PM
Mediafire did it a while back as well (1-2 years ago?). I suddenly got a whole lot of questions as to where my files had gone, and discovered that they'd just deleted my entire account without any good reasons. I've not trusted them ever since, and didn't bother making a new account. A lot of other people had the same troubles. Some people tried to fight back, but I had the feeling that while some might be lucky and get their files back, the files were no longer safe there. Luckily I had backups of most of it, and now I've got everything up at other sites.

Mediafire ceased to be trustworthy back then, and adding in the new troubles with potentially virus-carrying ads that for some even manage to slip by adblock programs, I'd say that my suggestion is to find other and more trustworthy sites to upload.
Test Subject
#22 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 1:00 PM
EA seems like the kind of company that would be underhanded enough to try and force people into buying sims 4 by shutting down Sims 3 sites. They could say anything they want, even a lie and people would have to comply because EA has lawyers. Anyway, I have a few LunaSims things (Specifically those modern windows) If no one else has uploaded it to that shared mediafire drive yet, I could send them later on today.
Test Subject
#23 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 1:32 PM
Default More items gone
Just two days ago I discovered that all the Sims Medieval conversions to TS3 on Sil Sharkie site had disappeared.
All her other blog entries are working fine, but those based on convertions from EA "works" were no longer there.
I wonder if it has something to do with what's happened to Luna's creations and other Spanish artists. Sil is Spanish too (so am I).
It shocked me because I had downloaded all those wonderful convertions just the day before (!!!) and I had left a comment for her in an entry that no longer exists.
I do have Sil's email, so I could try and ask her if she knows what's happening and what's happened with Luna and her account.

I only know that here in Spain they're OVERLY sensitive with copyright stuff. Of course the sensitive people are not the artists (musicians, writers, programmers, etc.) but the people in a suit that makes money out of them
Test Subject
#24 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 3:07 PM
As of the last time I checked all of Luna's stuff is now completely removed from Mediafire. It's a shame as I was hoping to get the angled wall columns for using in a roof of mine.

(If any one has what I'm talking about could you Pm me? It was a set of three angled brick columns and another set f two angled wooden ones. They were on the same page as the yacht stuff which I do have and could send to you if needed)
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 3:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JakeAnderson
As of the last time I checked all of Luna's stuff is now completely removed from Mediafire. It's a shame as I was hoping to get the angled wall columns for using in a roof of mine.

(If any one has what I'm talking about could you Pm me? It was a set of three angled brick columns and another set f two angled wooden ones. They were on the same page as the yacht stuff which I do have and could send to you if needed)

Dammit. Just wanted to say thanks to whomever started this thread so that I discovered that site.
No all that's left to write is
Page 1 of 8