Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 1:46 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default So confused!
Hiya everyone!

For some weird reason bathroom, bedroom, and any other sort of room stuff I download here will cause my game to not load properly. Same with stuff from The Sims Resource. The stuff from SIMcredible seems to load just fine though. I have no idea where this sudden problem came from. I must say I already had to face a sh*tload of problems getting the Sims 2 to work properly on Windows 8.1... Could this be another of those problems? I really want these items back... I love them! I tried using some from the "troubled sites" on their own, without SIMcredible, but to no avail. Also tried it without any other item (body shop stuff and such), but nope.

Anyone any ideas what is going on?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 2:09 AM
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit..._Custom_Content

Could try the 50/50 method. I'm with flu, otherwise I'd help you out further. Read that article and see if anything there helps.

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 2:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by siletka
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit..._Custom_Content

Could try the 50/50 method. I'm with flu, otherwise I'd help you out further. Read that article and see if anything there helps.

As I said before, neither of the items work. So 50/50 isn't even an option.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 2:33 AM
Every single item from here and from TSR doesn't work, is what you're saying?

Mad Poster
#5 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 2:34 AM
I see how 50/50 doesn't work, but the linked article has a lot more than that. Everything we know about CC not working is in there. Granted, windows 8 stuff might not be, but it's still worth a shot.

Also, have you checked the windows 8 specific thread? I'm guessing yes, but no way to know without asking

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Undead Molten Llama
#6 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 2:36 AM
If you take out all of your CC except the items in question and then try to load the game and your game crashes (Which is what I assume you mean by "causes the game not to load properly"), then the CC in question might be corrupted or incompatible with your game configuration or conflicting with each other or you have a GUID conflict...or, really, any number of things. If that's the case, then you likely won't be able to use those items, at least not all together. You can try testing one at time to see if they'll show up and not make the game crash.

If the game loads/runs OK with just those items in the folder but crashes when you try to load other mods/CC along with them, then they are likely conflicting with other things you have and you'll need to do a 50/50 to ferret out what it is that's conflicting. Once you figure it out, you'll need to decide which you want more.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Scholar
#7 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 2:40 AM
What file format are the files that are not working in?

.zip? .rar? .package? .sims2pack?

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Theorist
#8 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 2:41 AM
Start here: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...lp:Game_Problem

Work your way through that, step by step. Don't just read it over, actually do it. If, by the time you're done, you haven't solved the problem, report back here the results you got at each step. That will help us figure out what the problem is and how to fix it.

Also, a description of how exactly your game is not working would be a big help. Is it not working properly in that it has funky graphical effects? Might be the graphics card. Is it not working properly in that every time you try to open a particular tab in the catalog, the game crashes? Might be some cc that's generally stored on that tab. Is it not working properly in that every time you turn it on a million voices shout from your computer speakers "Ia! Chthulu flh'nagn!" Might be that you accidentally downloaded something eldritch off the Arkham University site by mistake and you're going to have to wipe it clean and start anew, if you're lucky and the Great Old Ones haven't noticed you yet. It all depends.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Mad Poster
#9 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 2:47 AM
Do you mean that nearly every time you download stuff and put it in your game, your game won't load? If so, it could be you just need to delete the Cache files (groups/accessory/cigen/contentregistry).

I've got stuff from MTS, TSR, and a gazillion other sites, and nearly all of it works for me (a few minor exceptions, plus stuff that's not compatible with all EPs). The stuff also works for most other people. So chances are we've downloaded at least some similar objects. If stuff works for everybody else, just not for you, it's usually something in your own game that's causing the troubles.

And make sure you're downloading TS2 files. The game might get troubles reading the files if it has to deal with TS3 or TS4 package files.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 3:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Do you mean that nearly every time you download stuff and put it in your game, your game won't load? If so, it could be you just need to delete the Cache files (groups/accessory/cigen/contentregistry).

I've got stuff from MTS, TSR, and a gazillion other sites, and nearly all of it works for me (a few minor exceptions, plus stuff that's not compatible with all EPs). The stuff also works for most other people. So chances are we've downloaded at least some similar objects. If stuff works for everybody else, just not for you, it's usually something in your own game that's causing the troubles.

And make sure you're downloading TS2 files. The game might get troubles reading the files if it has to deal with TS3 or TS4 package files.

I even completely re-installed the game to make sure no errors could be there. As I said, items from certain sites don't work.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 3:04 AM
I think you need to clarify
Quote:
what will cause my game to not load properly

Do you mean it crashes or something else? If you mean it is taking a long time to load that could be normal if you have a low end computer.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 3:04 AM
Listen guys. I really like the fact that all of you are trying to help me, but it seems you aren't even reading what I wrote. For those, I will repeat it ONE MORE TIME.

Items from MTS and, in this case also, TSR somehow cause my game to crash. Not stuff for the body shop, stuff for Buy Mode. I tried using all sorts of files seperately, as I said before, and those are STILL the problem. I never had this before. When I played on older versions on Windows, all items from here worked fine (I never found out about TSR in that time, so I can't compare that). The game just freezes completely when I try to play with those items, they won't even properly load into the game, which causes the trouble. The question is: what causes them to not load all of a sudden? They worked on older versions just fine. It's just complete bullcrap.

And to be honest, I think saying "the game won't load" it quite obvious >_>
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 3:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by esmeiolanthe
Start here: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...lp:Game_Problem

Work your way through that, step by step. Don't just read it over, actually do it. If, by the time you're done, you haven't solved the problem, report back here the results you got at each step. That will help us figure out what the problem is and how to fix it.

Also, a description of how exactly your game is not working would be a big help. Is it not working properly in that it has funky graphical effects? Might be the graphics card. Is it not working properly in that every time you try to open a particular tab in the catalog, the game crashes? Might be some cc that's generally stored on that tab. Is it not working properly in that every time you turn it on a million voices shout from your computer speakers "Ia! Chthulu flh'nagn!" Might be that you accidentally downloaded something eldritch off the Arkham University site by mistake and you're going to have to wipe it clean and start anew, if you're lucky and the Great Old Ones haven't noticed you yet. It all depends.

I already tried all of those, a long time ago...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 3:10 AM
I still don't know what 'not loading properly' means. Does it crash? Does it hang? Does it simply seem to take a very long time? My game with a very large folder takes an hour to load.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 3:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by siletka
Every single item from here and from TSR doesn't work, is what you're saying?

The ones for buy mode, the body shop items and build mode items work just fine. so toilets, tables, sinks, anything you can think of.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 3:13 AM
Well you could try 1 at a time and see if your game works.

1. Remove your C:\Users\Main Game\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 folder and place it on your desk top.
2. Start up your game and let it gen up a new game set up.
3. Place 1 and only 1 item in and try your game and see if it works.
4. If the 1 works then put in another 1 and start up your game.
5. If the 2nd allows your game to work then keep on putting in only 1 item at a time until your game wont run and let us know what the item is so we can take a look at it.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 3:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I still don't know what 'not loading properly' means. Does it crash? Does it hang? Does it simply seem to take a very long time? My game with a very large folder takes an hour to load.

And that can't possibly be the case with me. I have a huge folder too, but it only takes a few seconds. When I add 2 more items, tables for example, it completely freezes.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 3:15 AM
I'm not trying to make any kind of joke, we are all trying to help you, but if you want help you need to be more precise. So your game is crashing.

Do you only have Nightlife (that is what your profile says) If you do that could well be the reason.

I'm leaving. I'm not staying around while someone says we are rude and joking when everyone here was doing there very best to help.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#19 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 3:19 AM
Well it looks like your one of the Windows 8 players that need to turn off UAC and make both your programs folder and My Doc folder to read and write for Sims 2.

1. Turn off User Account Control.
2. Restart your computer and check that UAC is off.
3. Go to the Sims 2 programs folder and make it read and write including all folder and files. (C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES)
4. Restart your computer.
5. Go to the Sims 2 folder in My Doc and make it read and write. (C:\Users\Main Game\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2)
6 Restart your computer.

Now try a new game set up and see if downloads work.

Also we need to know what EP/SP's you have in stalled. Just saw you have Double Deluxe.

Now link us to 1 mod here at MTS that does not work for you.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 3:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
Well it looks like your one of the Windows 8 players that need to turn off UAC and make both your programs folder and My Doc folder to read and write for Sims 2.

1. Turn off User Account Control.
2. Restart your computer and check that UAC is off.
3. Go to the Sims 2 programs folder and make it read and write including all folder and files. (C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES)
4. Restart your computer.
5. Go to the Sims 2 folder in My Doc and make it read and write. (C:\Users\Main Game\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2)
6 Restart your computer.

Now try a new game set up and see if downloads work.

Also we need to know what EP/SP's you have in stalled. Just saw you have Double Deluxe.

Now link us to 1 mod here at MTS that does not work for you.

Double Deluxe is the only one I have. UAC... Isn't that like the permission thingy for stuff to run? I already have that turned off since... Forever ^^"
Mad Poster
#21 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 3:28 AM
If UAC has been off then skip to #3 and start there.

Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 3:28 AM
You haven't been specific with your problems, so we're going to give you the most helpful / basic answers we can give you. You need to be detailed with your issues, and read what we link you to. Not just dismiss it entirely because you're frustrated. We've been there, when your game doesn't work for some reason it is frustrating and aggravating. But you need to have patience with us like we've had with you. Only you know 100% what's wrong, we're just trying to infer from your responses.

So try not to be rude, and understand where we're coming from, too.

Hope someone here helps you out, dear. I'm out as well.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 3:40 AM
Ugh, just nevermind. I'll figure it out myself.
Undead Molten Llama
#24 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 3:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DUSKvsDAWN
Listen guys. I really like the fact that all of you are trying to help me, but it seems you aren't even reading what I wrote. For those, I will repeat it ONE MORE TIME.

Actually, we are reading. It's just that your game is probably different from everyone else's, from your particular configuration to the mods/CC you've downloaded and installed. Your problem could be one of a million things. (In part, what esmeiolanthe said isn't a joke at all.) So, all we can do is reduce to the lowest, most basic common denominator and advise from there, with you telling us if things we're specifically advising didn't/haven't worked. You being rude and saying that those of us trying to help you aren't reading (when, no, you weren't entirely clear to begin with) isn't helping your case. I can understand being frustrated, but simmer down. (No pun intended.) We're trying to help.

That said, now that I know you have only Double Deluxe, you are running the game on a pretty old game engine. It's possible that the CC you're trying to use isn't compatible with your game engine and/or may require EPs that you don't have. Did you have the same configuration when you successfully used those items before? If so, then I don't know what's wrong. It could be that the game isn't liking your Windows install, and I can't help you there because I won't touch anything newer than Vista when it comes to running TS2. I assume you ran through the thread about getting the game running with Windows 8? On the other hand, if this is a new game configuration for you, it'd be a good idea to check to see if you can find out that the CC you're trying to use is compatible with the game engine you're using (I believe DD uses the OFB engine, because that's the engine that Celebration Stuff uses. I think.). If it was made under/requires a newer EP/game engine than you have, then that could be the problem. I kind of doubt it, if you say that absolutely all objects from MTS/T$R don't work, but...? So far as I know, there's nothing special about items uploaded here vs. items uploaded anywhere else. Are you sure you have the items installed correctly? Might be worth it to redownload/re-unzip, if you haven't already.

Also, are you only talking about new objects with new meshes? Or do Maxis-object recolors work?

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 4:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
Actually, we are reading. It's just that your game is probably different from everyone else's, from your particular configuration to the mods/CC you've downloaded and installed. Your problem could be one of a million things. (In part, what esmeiolanthe said isn't a joke at all.) So, all we can do is reduce to the lowest, most basic common denominator and advise from there, with you telling us if things we're specifically advising didn't/haven't worked. You being rude and saying that those of us trying to help you aren't reading (when, no, you weren't entirely clear to begin with) isn't helping your case. I can understand being frustrated, but simmer down. (No pun intended.) We're trying to help.

That said, now that I know you have only Double Deluxe, you are running the game on a pretty old game engine. It's possible that the CC you're trying to use isn't compatible with your game engine and/or may require EPs that you don't have. Did you have the same configuration when you successfully used those items before? If so, then I don't know what's wrong. It could be that the game isn't liking your Windows install, and I can't help you there because I won't touch anything newer than Vista when it comes to running TS2. I assume you ran through the thread about getting the game running with Windows 8? On the other hand, if this is a new game configuration for you, it'd be a good idea to check to see if you can find out that the CC you're trying to use is compatible with the game engine you're using (I believe DD uses the OFB engine, because that's the engine that Celebration Stuff uses. I think.). If it was made under/requires a newer EP/game engine than you have, then that could be the problem. I kind of doubt it, if you say that absolutely all objects from MTS/T$R don't work, but...? So far as I know, there's nothing special about items uploaded here vs. items uploaded anywhere else. Are you sure you have the items installed correctly? Might be worth it to redownload/re-unzip, if you haven't already.

Also, are you only talking about new objects with new meshes? Or do Maxis-object recolors work?

Never changed any configuration. As I said before, the only difference now is that I'm using 8.1, instead of XP os Vista, or whatever I used to use. Same old game, same old files... Alot of new bullcrap coming along D: I wouldn't be surprised if it is somehow the cause of the problem. I mean, everything worked perfectly well before this... This... Ugh. Abomination of a Windows. Neither objects work, not even Maxis recolors. I tried some other items just now, and nope. I did try one from a set, and it worked. But I can't imagine the solution to be everything to load in file by file. That would take forever and to be honest, this whole thing still doesn't make sense to me.

And no, not every item from here is a problem. As I said, it's the buy mode stuff, the rest works just fine.
Page 1 of 3