Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#376 Old 22nd Jan 2023 at 6:15 PM
Stuff packs died just as they got good.

Paranormal Stuff could have EASILY passed for an early Game Pack if it included more build buy.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#377 Old 24th Jan 2023 at 8:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xSwitchback
Joking aside, both of these 'kits' are an absolute insult.

The lingerie is only 'sexy' if you're a 95-year-old church warden (I mean seriously, I see more kinky stuff on Cartoon Network) and the bathroom clutter kit is essentially paid CC content but less quality. I realise opinion is opinion, and I genuinely do get curious to hear what others think when they can back up why their views developed in such a way, even if I disagree with them, but here? I can't see any logic to how anyone thinks this is of any worth: not just monetary but game-wise, too.

They could at least have thrown us a banana-hammock with an actual banana on the front, jeez.

This is why I don't bother with the kits. Even if I've been tempted by a few of them. Most of them have stuff that I can get better versions of, via CC. We pretty much lost stuff packs for something that only really benefits console players.

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
#378 Old 27th Jan 2023 at 4:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
they'll cater to people who play the game on their cell phone.

Sadly, I think you are totally correct.
Lab Assistant
#379 Old 12th Apr 2023 at 10:57 AM

Not too much speculation so far, but with the boxes shown I was hoping for some kind of moving in / moving out kind of gameplay. Imagine moving with your furniture to another lot as one household, and actually clicking on boxes to unpack and place your items? Eh. One can dream.

It'll probably be a bunch of 70's inspired wallpaper swatches or something. The 'HOT' update people think might be referring to an overhaul of the Caliente family.

Eternally skipping life's jump rope.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#380 Old 12th Apr 2023 at 3:16 PM
The items in the corner appear to be a suitcase (travel), a leak with a roof (greenhouse), what appears to be a bookcase, a cracked battery, and a suit?

I assume we’re getting a greenhouse. That looks super obvious.

I can’t imagine what the suitcase entails. Travel, but… in a kit?

Edit: DIY kit? Idk, just tell me.

Lab Assistant
#381 Old 12th Apr 2023 at 9:36 PM
More kits, yay
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#382 Old 18th Apr 2023 at 8:12 PM
I don't hate the two new kits. Greenhouses and basements. I'd love some gameplay, but whatever.

That greenhouse kit will get a lot of mileage, but the lack of new planters is concerning.

Mad Poster
#383 Old 19th Apr 2023 at 1:11 AM
I kind of like the greenhouse one and could see those window be used for urban/industrial lofts also?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#384 Old 19th Apr 2023 at 1:22 AM
They have screen porch variants, so now I love them.

Lab Assistant
#385 Old 19th Apr 2023 at 2:00 AM
I like the themes. I wonder if "breathe new life into" and the presence of a deconstructed heart bed are supposed to hint at furniture restoration? Maybe not. I'm mostly just excited for the 4t2 conversion potential.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#386 Old 19th Apr 2023 at 12:42 PM
They keep dropping hints for hotels or travel. Extended stays and suitcases feel like blueprints for hotels. Sleeping bags were also just added to the list of buyables for rental lots.

One of the icons from the road map was a suitcase, so I assume we’re getting a travel pack of some sort. I can totally see them creating three vacation “worlds” which are open areas to encompass a hotel, rental lots, and a community lot, with a central area that contains several activities.

Lab Assistant
#387 Old 19th Apr 2023 at 7:40 PM
The last patch destroyed the existing sims’ faces!
Oh, no, Maxis
[OPEN] Face Bug Eyes and mouth

Taiwan Soul!
Field Researcher
#388 Old 19th Apr 2023 at 7:49 PM
When you just want to play but EA forces you to patch and it breaks your Game... Nice now I can wait for days to play again :D
Theorist
#389 Old 20th Apr 2023 at 9:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by yaohui
Oh, no, Maxis

This goes with the toddler stretching problem only instead of having spider legs, a sim's head looks like it has spent time in a vice. These go with the milestone bugs, the loose tooth bug that has yet to be fixed from a month ago, ect... They finally fixed a bug from Dine Out. It only took them 3 years to get around to it, so maybe they'll fix these in 3 years.

It's just another day for Maxis. It has been said that the following image is a metaphor for TS4:

https://twitter.com/TheSims/status/...0599297/photo/1

I completely agree. And the heart bed from TS1, TS2 and TS3 being dismantled and shoved in a corner just makes that point. TS4 will never hold a candle to TS1, TS2 or TS3. TS4 will go down in the books a entirely different story. It will be a story filled with endless, broken DLC, bugs and controversy. Their game, their way.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#390 Old 20th Apr 2023 at 10:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by yaohui
Oh, no, Maxis

Eternally skipping life's jump rope.
Smeg Head
#391 Old 20th Apr 2023 at 4:10 PM
Maxis have their own theme tune. Taken from that old Bugsy Malone movie in the 80s

Sing along, it's quite catchy.

Drum beats: Dum, diddy-dum-dum, dum, diddy-dum-dum

"We could've been anything we wanted to be
But don't it make your heart sad
That we decided, a fact we take pride in
We became the best at being bad…

We could've been anything that we wanted to be
With all the talent we had
With little practice, we made every black list
We're the very best at being bad
We're the very best at being bad
We're the very best at being bad"

Quite apt, I feel.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#392 Old 20th Apr 2023 at 11:14 PM
Posting info for Sims 4 patch that came out 4-18-2023:

Update 04/18/2023

Console: Version: 1.73

PC: 1.97.42.1030 / Mac: 1.97.42.1230

Hello Simmers

We had a case of stretchy Sims running around—especially in the younger ages. In this update, we’ve been working to get them back to their correct proportions—among other things.

The Sims Team

What's New?

In this update we have new decoration options to help you add that personal touch to your builds, new underwear options, and The Sims 4 gets Mac native support for those Simmers using M1/M2 processors. First on the What’s New? List though is a Sims Sessions collab with Becca Hatch, so let's jump in.

Sims Sessions x Becca

Australian singer Becca Hatch and producer Tentendo have teamed up with The Sims 4 to bring Blessed, or should that be Boofed, to your Sims when they tune into the Pop radio station.

Be sure to watch this Sims Sessions episode where Becca describes her inspirations and shows off what goes into singing a song in Simlish in the Sims Sessions Episode below.

Becca Hatch & Tentendo - Blessed | Sims Sessions

That's not all, Becca’s Simself will be available to download directly from the Gallery and can join your Sims in their worlds.

Native support for the latest Mac CPU’s

This release brings native support for Apple silicon chipsets on top of the ongoing support for those with an Intel-based Mac

New underwear options

New underwear options for your Teen and older Sims are available in CAS (Create a Sim).

New ways to decorate

Hi everyone, SimGuruBeth here! I'm very excited about today's update, especially the new decor placement options you'll find across various bathroom fixtures. It was so fun to work with the team and add new small decorative slots to toilets, standalone sinks, bathtubs and more! And in some cases there was room to support a medium decorative slot. These build mode quality of life updates are one of my favorite things to work on as an object modeler; they add so many more options for designing any build.

And in addition to the above updates, a few new color variants have been added to round out some of our basics for the Towel Storage Rack (full and empty version) and the Countryside Caress Medicine Cabinet.
Bug Fixes
Base Game

Infant food preferences no longer reset when going to CASfrom Manage Worlds and returning to the game.
Caregivers have a lot to tend to with a Newborn in the home… Between the crying, sleeping, eating, and diaper changing, their kid is always on their mind. They definitely shouldn’t forget who their Newborn is when they age up to an infant. Parents will no longer need to introduce themselves to their little one after they’ve aged up to an infant.
Toddlers can once again gain Movement Skill while using slides.
Weddings can be pretty boring when you’re young; you just want some cake and to play. But that's no excuse for an infant to stretch while the couple are exchanging vows. Infants should be on their best behavior now… well, the best they can be at that age.
Toddlers can be mean, especially to their younger siblings. Infants will no longer stretch in response to being yelled at by a Toddler.
Top Surgery Scars are available when you re-enter CAS and not just when you create a new Sim.
Fashion is what you make of it, so if you pair the yfTop_GP04JacketCropped with yfBottom_SDX024FullBriefs you shouldn’t be judged by having the underwear clip through the top.
Infants like to chew things, it’s all part of teething. Our little ones decided that they wanted to autonomously Chomp their caregiver to the point the interaction queue was filled with the interaction. We’ve told them not to Chomp so much, so they seem to have stopped but what you tell them to do is up to you.
Sims with a customized physical frame now have access to a wide range of fingernail options.
Some say it's adorable, others say it's terrifying. Either way, checking out your infant's teeth in CAS will not be accompanied by vampiric hissing. We aren’t sure if they retained a thirst for blood though so, don’t blink.

Console

We still can’t find a keyboard with the Any Key, but if you were to press Any Key on your keyboard while on the start screen, the game would load as it should.
While console Simmers can use both the Sims 4 Camera and Sims 3 Camera options when using a mouse and keyboard it wasn’t the intent that only one of the two camera modes would let you interact with objects in Build Mode. Console simmers using a mouse and keyboard and using either camera mode, objects can, again, be interacted with and adjusted as expected.
PlayStation Simmers visiting the Gallery will no longer see uploads and comments from profiles that have been blocked directly on PlayStation. This is in combination with the in-game provided block list which can still be used to block players from all platforms at the EA Account level.

Growing Together

Child Sims wearing Top_EP13SweatShirt will no longer distort while zooming the camera out in Live Mode.
Some of our Sims were a bit overeager to ask to move into your home after becoming friends. We’ve both reduced the frequency of how often you’ll be asked, and we’ve made some adjustments to who can ask. Teens are now excluded, as well as a number of special NPCs. As amusing as it is to have Grim slouching on the sofa all day, he’s got work to do.
yfTop_EP13TwoToneBaggyButtonup and ymTop_EP13TwoToneBaggyButtonup will now appear properly when filtering for Masculine and Feminine fashion.
yfTop_EP13Camisole no longer shows distortion when worn by your Sims.
No matter how well you prepare, you’ll always forget something when going on vacation. In those situations, you hope you can buy what you need when you need it. Sleeping bags will now be able to be purchased while on vacation using your phone.
Vegetarian and Child of the Ocean Sims will get negative moodlets if they decide to eat meat or fish from the food stalls when visiting Anchorpoint Wharf.
An issue that was occasionally causing a Sim’s pregnancy to not progress has been resolved.
Toddlers will now be able to successfully complete the Studied Numbers milestone.

Highschool Years

Sims that confront their fear of the dark will not continue to be affected by the Afraid of the Dark Scared Moodlet buff.

Snowy Escape

Adventurous Sims will once again be able to push on up to the peak of Mt. Komorebi during their climbing excursion. Onwards and upwards we always say!
Climbing gear can be expensive so you want it to last and if it breaks you want to be able to fix it. Now you can do just that and instead of just saying it’s fixed, when you go to equip it, it will actually be fixed and will be equippable.

Seasons

A mysterious DEBUG gift box (or “Unknown” gift box if you play on consoles) was mistakenly added to the Build Catalog. If you happened to place one on your lot, congratulations—not only do you get to keep it, it’ll even have a real name now. It still doesn’t do anything, but it sure does look like a gift box. Very festive! However, if you’re feeling like you missed out, fear not - you can find your own non-interactive Gift Box object hidden behind the bb.showhiddenobjects cheat.

Cats & Dogs

A dog being friendly to your infant will no longer cause your infant to stretch.
Trying to Go for Jog while your little pooch is hungry won’t cause your Sim to stand in place. Now where is that dog food?

Dine Out

When you open a restaurant, you want the best chefs. One thing to look for in an applicant is whether they can successfully manage to enter your establishment. It will be easier to find a suitable candidate now as all chefs should be able to get to the kitchen.

StrangerVille

Infants no longer stretch in reaction to government agents taking away your refrigerator. Also, what's in that refrigerator?

Werewolves

When you are part of a pack, you expect order and values. Now you’ll be able to check what those values are by opening the Social Group panel and not seeing it be blank.
Moonwood Mill trees and vegetation will reflect the changing of the seasons from luscious greens to golden browns and back again.

My Wedding Stories

PlaqueWallGenCollections_01_Set30 PLACEHOLDER NAME wasn’t the name of the plaque that was intended. Apparently it was, and now is, Purveyor of Lost Messages. If you haven’t achieved this award yet, maybe pay a visit to the beach and have a look around.

Tiny Living

Infants no longer stretch when reacting to living inside a tiny home.
Theorist
#393 Old 21st Apr 2023 at 1:24 PM
The following are not reviews for people that think TS4 is the best game ever. You've been warned...

The Sims 4 Basement Treasures Kit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHiWwUMv060

IMO, this kit looks like it should have been part of the werewolves pack.

The Sims 4 Greenhouse Haven Kit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eInOSteuqEE

Again, this is another kit that could have been part of something else in some way. It is like they're keeping a backlog of assets just so they can sell kits.

There was mention of TS3 in this video; specially the greenhouse. There is absolutely no reason to plunk down cash at the TS3 store for a greenhouse.

I've had this greenhouse in my game for what feels like forever. It consists of 2 different kits from TSR. To make this greenhouse work ( grow plants) during the winter, glass floor tiles ( also from TSR) are added which act like a ceiling. This is not me promoting TSR, but that site can be useful, sometimes.
Screenshots
Theorist
#394 Old 21st Apr 2023 at 8:57 PM
I've had this greenhouse in my game for what feels like forever.

Right? basically all my houses since cottage living, and half my houses before cottage living have had greenhouses, and that's even WITHOUT modded content. This greenhouse pack was completely unneeded. Especially with the lack of new planters. What gives? you had a golden opportunity here!

Now HERE's a challenge instead. WIHTOUT first going through the painting career, make a convincing home painting studio for a pair of sims (one childish) using no modded content. THAT's the hobby challenge I faced recently. I couldn't do it there's just nothing, the only 'paint' deco we get are large cans for housing painting, and one shelf from Nifty Knitting that kinda has a few brushes hanging off it if you squint real hard. Every other piece of arts and crafts clutter is for literally any hobby besides painting. Where's an art studio kit? Hmm? Give me some wall, floor, and Sim overlay (like the dirt with low hygiene) paint splatters!

Who am I kidding, actually offering them money in exchange for content is like screaming into the void, if the void were a wall of bricks, bricks that came in every swatch except brick red.
Smeg Head
#395 Old 21st Apr 2023 at 10:10 PM Last edited by coolspear1 : 21st Apr 2023 at 11:13 PM.
The best windows - ever - for greenhouse building in TS4 come from the Moschino stuff pack. - https://www.ea.com/en/games/the-sim...hino-stuff-pack - A pack all about photography as a basis for inspiration, but the windows from that pack are unmatched for their use, their "feel", as fantastic greenhouse windows. I would not use anything else for my greenhouse builds. They could not outdo the Moschino windows as perfect greenhouse windows if they tried! And yet they tried. Fucking Maxis. Fucking modern Maxis. Dipshits who think you're a dipshit, so give you dipshittery when all else fails.

If you want the best greenhouse windows, get the Moschino pack if you don't have it already. Anything else in that greenhouse kit is utter, lackluster shit - in regards to greenhouse specificity.

Right then, I'm off to trying to update and clean up my mods for Anno 1800. Because at least now, with the patch update only days ago, that game has now finished patch updating forevermore. The devs are finally done with it, so let's have a clear path cleaning up the mods and making new mods which the devs are nevermore going to break. The Anno 1800 modding Renaissance, here we go! How I wish TS4 would come to the same finale. No more patching and no more mod updating due to patching. Just unfettered mod making for the joy of it. Oh, but for the dream of it. But no. Nine years in and we still get patches and we now get upside-down sim faces. Fuck you, Maxis. Really, fuck you. Just fuck off already. Leave it to the modders and fuck off. Go make Sims 5 the best it can be and.. and... fuck off.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Theorist
#396 Old 22nd Apr 2023 at 12:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
How I wish TS4 would come to the same finale. No more patching and no more mod updating due to patching. Just unfettered mod making for the joy of it. Oh, but for the dream of it. But no. Nine years in and we still get patches and we now get upside-down sim faces. Fuck you, Maxis. Really, fuck you. Just fuck off already. Leave it to the modders and fuck off. Go make Sims 5 the best it can be and.. and... fuck off.

Hear Hear!
Top Secret Researcher
#397 Old 22nd Apr 2023 at 3:55 PM
There was mention of TS3 in this video; specially the greenhouse. There is absolutely no reason to plunk down cash at the TS3 store for a greenhouse.

I've had this greenhouse in my game for what feels like forever. It consists of 2 different kits from TSR. To make this greenhouse work ( grow plants) during the winter, glass floor tiles ( also from TSR) are added which act like a ceiling. This is not me promoting TSR, but that site can be useful, sometimes.

Would you mind sharing the links or name of these? I don't do a lot of gardening in my Sims3 games, but I would love to make a lower profile greenhouse like this.
Theorist
#398 Old 22nd Apr 2023 at 4:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
Would you mind sharing the links or name of these? I don't do a lot of gardening in my Sims3 games, but I would love to make a lower profile greenhouse like this.

I don't mind sharing, but since I didn't save the links, I'll have to hunt them down so I can link to what I use. I'll send you a PM with links and the other details to make it work. It isn't hard, but the greenhouse is a certain size, move objects has to be used for the roof, ect...

In the meantime, there are tutorials to make greenhouses without cc. Again, I don't have the links, but if it is something you're interested in, there are other options. Anywho, expect a PM from me in the next day or two.
Top Secret Researcher
#399 Old 22nd Apr 2023 at 6:12 PM
I don't mind sharing, but since I didn't save the links, I'll have to hunt them down so I can link to what I use. I'll send you a PM with links and the other details to make it work. It isn't hard, but the greenhouse is a certain size, move objects has to be used for the roof, ect...

In the meantime, there are tutorials to make greenhouses without cc. Again, I don't have the links, but if it is something you're interested in, there are other options. Anywho, expect a PM from me in the next day or two.

Thanks so much! I highly appreciate it!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#400 Old 23rd Apr 2023 at 12:26 PM
I’ve been desperate for some really tall, simple panned windows typical of English mansions/estates and the greenhouse windows will that void nicely.

I hate kits, but every now and again, we get gems like these in them. I hate it. 🤣

Page 16 of 18