Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jun 2022 at 10:24 PM
Default The Olive Specters of the World
I've recently gotten into Juno Birch's Sims 2 series for the fifth time and it's made me wonder: do you guys have any Sims like Olive Specter in your neighborhoods, custom or otherwise?

I feel like I'm every Neighborhood there's always at least one Sim that's kind of on the outside of the social network, off on their own, and everyone else just kind of avoids them or gossips about them behind their back. They could be serial killers, someone who doesn't care to interact with others, or someone who's had a bad lot in life.

For my neighborhood, Fairplay, it was Belle Brooks. She went into aspiration failure often, cut herself off from her family, moved to a big, cold, walled off mansion on the other side of town, and only grew to enjoy sims' company again after meeting her first crush and marrying him.

So, who are the Belle Brooks or Olive Specters of your neighborhood? Are they weird, dangerous, misunderstood? Do they have Sims in their backyard, or are they just digging around cause they enjoy it? What are their stories?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Jun 2022 at 12:33 AM
Skye Weiss tried to be that sim in Widespot, but the aliens found him and he had Penny and there was no staying out of network for him with her around!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#3 Old 6th Jun 2022 at 1:26 AM
I think I have one in Arundel: Alan Trottier-he is nearly friendless but for his wife and son, who both adore him. He's viewed as an outsider due to his odd coloration (olive green) and people constantly talk about him behind his back. He does try to be friendly, but nobody ever gets too close to him, as he doesn't like the reactions people have to him on first sight.
Or it could be Damion Chin, who's a clerk of the court but he's also a conniving pickpocket and not many people like him very much-even his new wife tends to be cold with him, but he's trying to be less mean..if anyone will let him.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Instructor
#4 Old 6th Jun 2022 at 10:41 PM
My sims seem to get caught up in the neighbourhood's social network pretty quickly and stay there, whatever I do. I had a selfsim of sorts who lived in a neighbourhood I liked the look of but I didn't want her to interact with my legacy family and their friends and neighbours, so I hardly ever played her household. She still managed to become best friends with most of the other sims in town and phone stalked them like Marsha Bruenig. Mortifying. Then there was Uncle Snapdragon, who was made with 0 nice and 0 outgoing points as well as 10 neat and 10 serious points for story purposes. I wanted him to be an old man the neighbourhood's children were scared of upsetting. Well, it worked for as long as I was controlling him. He had social bunnies over a lot and most of his autonomous interactions with other sims were negative. Then I played a sim who brought him home from work and that sim splashed him with water in the hot tub and he just splashed back and threw plus signs in the air. With 0 playful points and a very low daily relationship score! I let them become friends and Uncle Snapdragon ended up being like a second grandfather to the other sims' kids.
In my very first own neighbourhood, that lasted all of two weeks, I had an outsider, though. I thought of him as a recluse,and his backstory was a bit sad, involving being imprisoned for a crime he didn't commit. He lived alone in his corner of the map and he would walk by other sims on community lots without ever interacting with them. I messed the hood up by using cheats all the wrong ways, so I never got to play his household more than once, maybe he would have auto-flirted with a sim lady on a community lot and having his life turned over in one go, who knows?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 7th Jun 2022 at 8:15 AM
Mad Poster
#6 Old 7th Jun 2022 at 12:14 PM
It used to happpen with towns on my old computer because my game was vanilla and I tried to buld my towns up too quickly though now Dodge is the only town being played live and that's not happend there yet as only two couples are living there on their homesteads so far and it's not something very likely to happen in the start of a town though later on when the population is bigger and more families live there as one sim can end up being that outsider sim.