Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#176 Old 16th Feb 2014 at 4:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Camellia29
So glad to see you keep on writing !! This new chapter is awesome, and the bonus you've made is really nice, that's cool to see these little moments we missed from the life of your sims
I'm just sad to see what happens between Dustin and Angela... For me these two were made to live together ! And, strangely, I'm happy for Cassie : she had a very hard life, but she leaves apeased.
I hope you will continue to write

Hey Camellia29, thanks for commenting! Glad to hear from you again and that you enjoyed my latest chapter, as well as the deleted scenes. Dustin was unfortunately seduced by Eden. He and Angela's relationship is struggling, because Angela is grieving the loss of Lucy. I believe they are made for each other too. Hopefully they can patch things up!
You're right, Cassie did have a hard life. She deserves to rest in peace!
I do plan to continue to write. Unfortunately I don't have as much time as I would like! Thanks for sticking around, regardless.

Quote: Originally posted by JayKenz
I can't believe Dustin would cheat on Angela! My heart sunk a little at that.

Seems like you're having fun writing this, which has made me consider writing a story for my megahood.

Hey, JayKenz! Thanks a bunch for reading and commenting. You're right, I do have a lot of fun writing The Pleasantview Diaries. Sadly, I don't get to work on it as much as I'd like. You should totally write for your megahood too! I'd definitely read it
Sorry that you were so saddened by Dustin's actions! Perhaps they'll work it out?

Quote: Originally posted by grumpy_otter
I love the Strangetown connections--I hope we get back there soon! I laughed so hard when Lucy was getting the lowdown on all her new neighbors I nearly fell off my chair!

Now this one kept me on the edge of my seat!

Great job! Keep it up!

(So I've been working on mine--plunged right in and was just playing, and playing, and playing--then I went to get the pictures and had over 1000 in the same folder, lol. I figured out a more efficient way to do it after that!)

Hello there, grumpy_otter! I really appreciate your comment! I'm glad you like the Strangetown bits. It will be part of the story in every other chapter. So stick around for 27 to hear all about Lucy and Alex! I love, love, LOVE to hear I really got you to laugh!
Best of luck with your story! They can be a lot of work but definitely rewarding and worth it. I'd love to check it out sometime. Thanks again. Don't be a stranger.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#177 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 4:19 AM
Default The Pleasantview Diaries (27)

Hello, hello, hello! Wow, it's good to be back. Things have been crazy on my end. Too crazy for Sims, unfortunately. To make it quick, I got another new job and got engaged. Hooray! Now life has settled down a tad, and that is why I bring to you the very much, so behind, chapter 27! *Drum Roll*
This chapter isn't one of my favorites, to be honest. I need to get back into the flow of my writing style and the story itself. Despite that, some pretty noteworthy things are happening! So stop reading this yammering and scroll!
You're still reading this? Wow, you must really care about what I have to say. If that's the case, why don't you leave me a comment, rating, email (hmrnd3@aim.com), pr PM? I'd really appreciate it!
Oh! Just a little warning, I've installed some new default eyes and skins. You won't see them in this chapter, but I was planning on having them debut in the next chapter. I think they're beautiful; realistic yet Maxis matches, so the changes won't be too drastic. Does that weird anyone out? I know it used to take me some time to get used to a writer suddenly switching skins or using a filter on all their pictures. If it bothers somebody, I won't change it. But I promise you, it looks prettier. Speak now or forever hold your peace!

CALIENTE

Ricardo Caliente concentrated on his painting, a wide grin on his face. Despite some of the more difficult things the man once faced in his life, his existence had come to a place of contentment. Ricardo had a good job, a loving wife, and a set of darling newborn twins. He had done just what he said he would, let go of his past and create a new family. He wanted a family without secrets, a family with a positive male role model.

It seemed to Ricardo that the all the skeletons in his family closet had finally been unleashed. Much of the storm had now calmed. Ricardo’s mother was living safely with his Aunt Nina. His half sister and cousin Letti was settled down with a good man, even if she did not care for him. His half siblings Lorenzo, Gideon, and Carmen were living their lives successfully. His father Don and step mother Kaylynn were still happily married. The only new troubles were the deaths of his step siblings, Cassandra and Alexander. Even still, Ricardo had never known them very well. There was much to be happy about, and Ricardo finally felt at peace.
So deep in thought and reflection, Ricardo barely heard the doorbell ring downstairs. He set down his brush and wiped his hands on a paint stained rag. “Coming!”, he yelled.

Ricardo skipped down the stairs and found his brother, Gideon, standing outside the front door. Gideon gave a shy wave before Ricardo yanked open the door and crushed him in a big hug. “It’s great to see you, Gideon!”
Gideon chuckled and embraced his brother in return. “It’s uh, good to see you too! I’m a little surprised by all this.”

Ricardo retreated slightly, clearing his throat. He suddenly felt a little ashamed. “I’m sure you are. I know we weren’t…very close growing up. Or in college. I’m sorry for that. I want things to change. You’re a good guy, Gideon, and I want you to be a part of my life. My children's lives.”
Gideon was quiet for a moment. “I’m touched, Ricardo. Really. Growing up, that’s all I ever wanted. I only wanted you and…you know, to love me.” The brothers winced at the subject of their mother.
Ricardo forced a small smile, relieving some tension. “Come upstairs with me; there’s a couple little people I want you to meet.”

Gideon followed Ricardo upstairs to the nursery, where the twins lay sleeping. Ricardo gave his brother a reassuring nod and Gideon gently reached inside the crib to pick up his niece. Her eyes snapped open to look at who was holding her. Gideon’s mouth fell open slightly at the sight of the infant’s jade green eyes that reminded him so much of his mother. “What’s her name?” Gideon asked, bringing the baby closer to him.

“Magdalena. Jane and I call her Maggie for short.” Ricardo shone with pride while fitting his son into the crook of his arm. “And this little guy is Marco.” Gideon smiled and lifted Magdalena up, making her smile a precious, toothless grin. “They’re beautiful, Ricardo.”

Ricardo smiled and rested Marco on his chest. “Thank you. I’m glad they got to meet their Uncle Gideon.”
“It’s neat that there’s another set of twins in the family. Just like…Mom and Aunt Nina. They’ll always have each other.”
Gideon nodded. “Twins or not, I only hope they’ll be as close as Letti and I.” Ricardo frowned at the thought of his sister. They had once been the best of friends, but lately they hadn’t spoken much. Letti had changed since her pregnancy and marriage. Ricardo saw an unfamiliar sadness in her, a sadness he could only hope would soon subside.

Later that night after Gideon went home and Jane returned from work, the phone rang and interrupted the Caliente family dinner. Ricardo hoped up to answer and was happy to hear the sound of his Aunt’s voice on the other end. “Hi, Aunt Nina! What’s going on?”
Nina’s usual peppy voice was mild and grim. “Ricardo, there’s no easy way to say this. I have bad news.”

Ricardo felt his heart fall into the pit of his stomach. “Nina, no…” He heard a sob from his Aunt’s line.
“Ricardo, it’s your mother. Dina, she...passed away today.”

LOTHARIO

Carmen Lothario breathed deeply after her morning run, her lungs expanding with fresh spring air. She smiled, adrenaline pumping through her veins. “Oh Dad, wasn’t that a great run?”
Don Lothario grunted and groaned while pulling on his stiff leg. The man had always made sure he stayed in shape but lately, his father-daughter runs were getting increasingly difficult. “I don’t know Carmen. I think I’m getting to old for this. I can barely keep up with you these days.”

Carmen giggled. “Oh c’mon Dad, you’re not that old. You do pretty well for someone with white hair, anyway.”
Don laughed. “Seriously, Carmen. I’m old. I’m a grandfather now. That’s alright though; I’ve accepted it. Besides, soon you’ll be off to college and you’ll find a new running buddy.”

Carmen smiled at her father and put her hand on his shoulder. “Oh Dad, I love you.”
Don smiled at his youngest child. Out of his four kids, he had been the most present for Carmen’s life. To his surprise, it had been incredibly rewarding. Don pulled her in for a tight hug. “I love you too sweetie, and I’m so proud of you. You’re so smart, so beautiful. I know you’ll do amazing things and always keep on making me proud.”

The hug ended and Carmen bashfully turned around and started to head towards the house. “C’mon Pops, let’s go inside and…”. Before Carmen could finish her sentence a dark, hooded figure stopped her dead in her tracks. Carmen gasped as tears welled in her eyes. “No,” she whispered.

Don smirked in the face of the Grim Reaper. “At last, we meet.”
The Reaper thrust his infamous tiki drink in Don’s hand. “Yes, Don Lothario, your time has come.” Afraid of the Reaper’s dark, gravely voice and the reality that was her dear father’s death, Carmen was frozen. She wept, faced away from the heartbreaking scene.

Kaylynn ran outside after hearing all the commotion, just in time to see her husband fade away against the blue Pleasantview sky. She sobbed with her daughter and when they were strong enough to return indoors, they held each other and cried some more.

For the next few days, Carmen healed while Kaylynn mourned. The family was notified and a lovely funeral was held. Despite the positive response, Kaylynn failed to show any emotional improvement. Worried to leave her mother alone while she left for college, Carmen decided to call for reinforcements. Lorenzo picked up his kitchen phone, surprised to hear the voice of his little sister. They had never been very close. “Carmen? What is it?”
Carmen sighed. “It’s Mom. Lorenzo, she’s still such a wreck. She just lies around all day, crying and wailing. I can barely get her to eat or bathe. I have to leave for Sim State tomorrow morning. I can’t leave her here like this.”

Lorenzo sighed and rubbed his forehead. “That doesn’t sound good.”
Carmen rolled her eyes. “Tell me about it. Do you think you could come give me a hand?”
Lorenzo nodded. “Yeah, I suppose I could drop by when you catch the taxi, keep her company while you head out.”
Carmen made a disgusted sound with her mouth. “Lorenzo, that’s not what I meant! I think you need to move back in with Mom for a while! She needs us, and I have to go to college!”
Lorenzo raised his voice. “Are you kidding?! I’m a grown man living with my girlfriend! I have bills and a job; I can’t just move back in with Mom!”

“Oh give me a break, Lorenzo. This is Mom we’re talking about. You need to be there for her. Bring Destiny with you, you know she loves her.”
Lorenzo was quiet for a moment, he tapped his foot, agitated. “Carmen, I can be there tomorrow for your send off. But I’m not making any promises about moving back home.”
“Just wait until you see her,” Carmen scoffed and then hung up the phone.

Just as promised, Lorenzo and Destiny headed back to the Lothario house in the morning to send Carmen off to college. Lorenzo immediately pulled his mother in for a big hug after stepping through the door. “Hi Mom, how are you doing?”
Kaylynn frowned as her eyes filled with tears. “Not very good, son. Not very good at all.” Kaylynn whimpered. “I forgot how much you look like your father!”

Carmen shot her brother a death stare before bounding across the room the distract her mother. “Alright Mom, the taxi is here! Be strong okay, give me a hug! I’ll come to visit as much as I can, alright?”
Kaylynn sniffled and hugged her daughter back. “Alright sweetheart. That sounds good. You take care, alright?” Kaylynn kissed her daughter’s cheek before the whole family waved goodbye to the cab out the window.

For the remainder of the evening, the melancholy group of three sat around making small talk and watching television. Lorenzo felt increasingly guilty while watching his mother mope around and sigh.

Kaylynn told stories over and over about her life with Don. Destiny tried to listen, but as the night went on she began to feel ill. Her skin grew clammy as her stomach did flips inside her. “Don and I were just so in love! I'll never forget the day he asked me to marry him.” Kaylynn’s words pounded in Destiny’s ears along with the sound of her own heartbeat.
Destiny felt her body grow weak as she licked her suddenly dry lips. “I need to use the restroom…” Her voice was barely above a whisper.

Destiny flung her hand over her mouth and raced to the bathroom. She slammed the door shut, just barely hearing Lorenzo call her name worriedly. Destiny fell to the floor and hurled into the toilet, her arms wobbling and head spinning.
After emptying her stomach, all the feelings of sickness subsided. Destiny stood up and wiped her mouth while breathing a sigh of relief. Then, it suddenly hit her. “Oh no,” she whispered.

Destiny froze as she her heard the door click open. Lorenzo walked in as her head started spinning again. No. There’s no way. It can’t be.
Lorenzo’s eyes, filled with concern and curiosity, looked Destiny up and down. He shut the door behind him and moved closer. “Are you okay?”
Destiny grimaced. “I am now. Well, I think so. I mean, I guess so. I don’t know. Lorenzo, I think I’m pregnant.”

Lorenzo’s eyes widened and then his face erupted into a large smile. “Pregnant?! Darling, that’s wonderful!” He wrapped his arm’s around Destiny’s waist, slightly lifting her off the ground.
Destiny pulled away from her boyfriend. “Is it? We have a one bedroom apartment, we’re not married, we’re just getting started in our careers. A baby, Lorenzo. Is that really good?”

Lorenzo didn’t flinch, and simply pulled Destiny close again. “Of course it’s a good thing. I love you so, so much. I’ve always wanted children and there’s no one I know who would make a better mother. We’ll work out the kinks, don’t worry. Don’t worry for a second.”
Although still unsure, Destiny needed comforting and fell into Lorenzo’s embrace. The couple was silent for a short moment until the quiet was broken behind them by a small voice. “You can live here with me.”

Destiny and Lorenzo spun around to see Kaylynn had joined them in the bathroom. “Mom! What are you doing in here?!”
Kaylynn hung her head slightly. “I’m sorry, I didn’t want to intrude. I just heard your little predicament through the door and couldn’t help myself but to offer a solution. You can live here with me.” Lorenzo interrupted. “Mom, I-”
Kaylynn held up her finger. “Hear me out! I can’t stand the thought of staying here alone without your sister or father. You need a bigger place to live, and I want to spend as much time with my grandbaby as I can before my time runs out too. Please, please move in with me.”
Destiny and Lorenzo were quiet. They looked at each other, unsure of what to say.

With tears in her eyes, Destiny suddenly reached out for Kaylynn. The women embraced, both crying ever so slightly. “Thank you,” Destiny whispered. “This is just what we need.”

GOTH

Lucy Goth lovingly ran her hand along her smooth, pregnant belly. In her final trimester, she was feeling exhausted and sore. It’s worth it though, she thought to herself while trying to get comfortable on the OB/GYN office’s couch. She and Alex had been trying to conceive since their wedding night. Strangely enough, when they stopped worrying about so much about making a baby, the pregnancy happened naturally with grace. Lucy loved her half alien daughter, Alba, with all of her heart. Still, she was craving the experience of giving life and had cried tears of joy when she realized she was expecting.

Not long after Lucy checked in at the front desk and seated herself, a red headed woman waddled into the clinic. Lucy looked her up and down, noticing her belly was just as swollen as her own. The red head sat down next to Lucy, bracing herself against the white vinyl and eventually tilting backwards. She fell on the couch and groaned. “I can’t believe I’m doing this again.” The woman shook her head and laughed lightly.

Lucy raised her eyes at the woman, slightly offended that anyone could possibly be unhappy with experiencing the “miracle of life”. “I beg your pardon?”
The red head looked at Lucy, nodding towards her tummy. “That must be your first?” Lucy nodded, placing her hand on her stomach protectively. The woman laughed. “Well, this is my second. Let me tell you, it’s not quite as magical this time.” Lucy frowned and looked away, not wanting to say something she’d regret. The red head laughed. “I’m Circe. Circe Beaker. You must be…Lucy Goth?”

Lucy smiled slightly, she was getting used to being the new face in Strangetown. “Yep. That’s me. It’s nice to meet you, Circe.”
Circe smiled coolly. “Likewise. Your husband is the scientist, right?”
Lucy nodded. “Yes. Well, he’s not doing much research anymore. We’re trying to give our daughter a normal childhood. As normal as possible, that is.”
Circe laughed. “Normal? In Strangetown? Good luck.”
Lucy’s cheeks reddened; her wild hormones were letting her become easily offended today. She tried to keep her cool. “Like I said, as normal as possible. We brought her to Strangetown to keep her safe and happy. Nobody cares if you’re from outer space here.”
Circe rolled her eyes casually. “Right. Unless your last name happens to be Grunt.” Circe put her hands up as if to express defeat. “Look, you were right to bring your daughter here. She would have most likely been killed had you not. But don’t expect a normal life here.”
Lucy narrowed her eyebrows defensively, ready to fire back. Just as she opened her mouth, a nurse came out of a nearby exam room. “Lucy Goth, Dr. Curious is ready for you in room one.”
Lucy nodded towards Circe sharply and stormed away. “Lovely meeting you.”

Dr. Lazlo Curious scratched his beard while inspecting the sonogram. “Well, the ultrasound looks great, heartbeat is normal, you’re even dilated about a centimeter. You’ll probably be going into total labor fairly soon. But Lucy, you should know you’re having-”
Lucy cut Dr. Curious off, her mind was elsewhere. “Do you know that patient who was waiting with me outside, Circe Beaker?”
Dr. Curious sighed. “Yes, unfortunately.”
Lucy frowned. “Why is she so…so-”
Dr. Curious finished Lucy’s sentence. “Awful?”

"Yes!” Lucy exclaimed. “Wait, you seem like you really know about her.” A quizzical expression formed on Lucy’s face.
Dr. Curious slumped his shoulders. “I do, for unfortunate reasons. It’s really not professional for me to say, but, it’s not like I’m under confidentiality. Everyone knows it. Circe is married, but that baby she’s carrying, it’s not her husband’s. It’s my brother, Vidcund’s. She’s been leading him on and breaking his heart since high school, I’m afraid. Not only that, but it was recently discovered she and her husband were holding somebody hostage in their basement, doing experiments on him. Needless to say, they can no longer legally practice medicine or science.”

Lucy’s eyes widened. “Oh my…”
Dr. Curious nodded in agreement. “She can’t stand me because I always try to tell Vidcund that she’s just using him. Little does she know, I’m her new Dr., because her regular, Dr. Jenny Smith, just retired.”
Lucy laughed at the thought of her ditzy neighbor as a doctor. “Well, she’s certainly in for a shock.”

Several days later, just as Dr. Curious had predicted, Lucy found herself the one in shock as she went into labor in her living room. Lucy squeezed her fists and screamed at the top of her lungs. Alexander came running and tried to calm his wife down. “Just continue pushing! I know it hurts, believe me.”
Lucy clutched her stomach. “Not…helping,” she growled through gritted teeth.

Sure enough, all the pushing worked and Lucy found herself holding a black haired, brown eyed baby boy. Alba came running in from the kitchen. “I have a brother?!”
Lucy handed the infant to Alex as electric pains continued shooting through her abdomen. “Just a minute, Alba…”

With a little twirl, Lucy was suddenly holding yet another baby boy, this time with her own brown hair. “Twins!?”, the entire family exclaimed together. They all looked at the babies in a stunned silence before bursting into elated laughter.

The Goth family, now considerably larger, spent the remainder of the evening marveling over the two new little brothers and sons. Alba helped pick out the names Oliver and Owen, and also helped accommodate the nursery for an extra baby. Lucy and Alex wrapped their arms around each other, amazed with their sons. Lucy smiled. “Nothing is ever going to go as planned, is it?”
Alex chuckled. “It appears that is our lot in life.”
Lucy beamed and kissed her husband. “That’s not always a bad thing. Maybe I’m okay with abnormal.”
Alexander kissed Lucy back. “It’s wise to see luck instead of misfortune. We’re creating our own happiness. As long as we’re all together, we can handle anything abnormal.”

TO BE CONTINUED
Alchemist
#178 Old 28th Mar 2014 at 11:29 PM
Congratulations on the job and the engagement.

Poor Ricardo, losing both of his parents back to back.

Great chapter.
Alchemist
#179 Old 4th Apr 2014 at 11:20 AM
I love Pleaseantview Diaries, probably the best Sims storie I've ever read
Lab Assistant
#180 Old 8th May 2014 at 10:51 PM
Default Welcome Back
First, Mazol tov on your new job and engagement. My computer was down for about two-three months, so I'd just gotten back to my own story as well as catching up with yours. Can't say I was sad to see Don or Dina die, but Cassandra, who is one of my favorites, that was hard. But at least she is with her beloved husband and parents. Hope Dustin and Angela can work things out. Keep up the good work.

The best revenage is a well lived life.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#181 Old 10th May 2014 at 5:28 AM
Many thanks to omglo, ZenGarden, and elanna for the comments and warm wishes! I appreciate each of you ever so much. Seems like everyone was sad to see some of our main characters go, as was I. Chapter 28 is in the works! Keep checking back for updates!
Instructor
#182 Old 12th May 2014 at 5:32 PM
Omgg. First let me say, I've spent all day yesterday reading the whole story I even feel asleep while reading it on my iPad, woke up this morning and finished it. I love your creativity and the way the story flows so well it's just amazing! I have to say, this is by far the best story I've read on here so far. You are really talented and inspiring to me since I have a story in the works. Wow please continue!! Bravo

Peace, Harmony & Balance... Libra is Love..
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#183 Old 3rd Jun 2014 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frenchyxo22
Omgg. First let me say, I've spent all day yesterday reading the whole story I even feel asleep while reading it on my iPad, woke up this morning and finished it. I love your creativity and the way the story flows so well it's just amazing! I have to say, this is by far the best story I've read on here so far. You are really talented and inspiring to me since I have a story in the works. Wow please continue!! Bravo

Hello there, frenchyxo22! It makes me so happy to know you enjoyed reading my story so much. I love to hear it's one of those stories you just can't put down. I also love knowing my writing has inspired you! I'd love to read it sometimes. I am for sure going to continue The Pleasantview Diaries. Unfortunately, life caught up with me and I didn't have much time to work on it. Now that I'm on summer break I hope I can get motivated and whip out some more chapters! Thanks for reminding me that I've got work to do!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#184 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 10:19 AM
Default The Pleasantview Diaries (28)

Welcome one and all to Chapter 28 of TPD! I know, I know. I'm a horrible person for being so unfaithful to those of you who read this story. It's taken me far too long to come out with this chapter and the last several. Shame on me. I need to step up my game before all of you just give up on me. At least this one is ready, right? Heh...
Anyways, as stated in the intro in chapter 27, I have new skins and eyes! Nobody said anything about the change bothering them, so you'll see them in this chapter. I think they add a lot to the story.
The link to the family tree which shows all characters and how they're related will be updated soon. There is a link in my signature. If you'd like to send me a message about the quality or lack thereof my story, please do! You can comment, rate, PM, or email me at hmrnd3@aim.com. I always read and respond to them and love them!
Since it's been so long, you may want to skip back and read the last few chapters. At least the last two, so you won't be completely lost. Otherwise, enjoy!

SIM STATE UNIVERSITY

Ophelia Nigmos steadied her pool stick, aiming intensely at the white cue ball. She narrowed her eyes and breathed slowly, smoothly. “Okay. Pay attention, freshman. Let me show you how it’s done.” Just as she was about to strike, the said “freshman” disrupted her concentration.

Carmen Lothario cupped her hands around her mouth to amplify her cheering. “Don’t screw up!”, she screamed.
Ophelia jumped, sending the cue ball hurling through the air uncontrollably. Ophelia chuckled through her grimace. “I’m going to kill you!”

Despite Carmen’s interference, the cue ball landed expertly into the red cup, knocking it over. Ophelia smiled and sassily put her hand on her hip. “See? I told you I was the pool Queen, freshie. Maybe by the time you’re as far along in your formal education as I, you will have mastered the cup trick.”
Carmen laughed at her friend's sarcasm and clapped enthusiastically. “You were right. I should have never doubted you; I’m not worthy.”
Ophelia shoved Carmen playfully. “C’mon, let’s get something hot to drink.”

The two girls headed for the cafeteria and fixed themselves a beverage. Carmen and Ophelia had made fast friends since moving into Sim State’s Pinenut Plaza dorms, and did mostly everything together. Carmen eyed Ophelia, who was pouring herself hot chocolate. “I don’t know how you’ve managed to avoid a caffeine addiction. My finals are coming up and I can barely function without my darling joe.” She filled her coffee mug to the brim and took a sip.

Ophelia smiled and pulled out her seat. “Gideon doesn’t like coffee so we usually make tea or hot chocolate. It’s a force of habit.”
Carmen batted her eyelashes teasingly. “Ooo, Gideon. How’s that going by the way?”
Ophelia shrugged and sipped her drink.

Carmen’s mouth fell open and she forced a nervous chuckle. “A shrug? Uh oh. What does that mean?”
Ophelia sighed and raised her eyebrows passively while taking another drink of her cocoa. Gideon Goth was the first person she met after moving to Pleasantview and although they had hit it off right away, she was worried about their relationship.
Carmen bit her lip. “Look Phe, if you don’t have feelings for that guy anymore you’ve got to tell him. He’s head over heels for you.”

Ophelia widened her eyes. “No no, it’s not that. Gideon is great. We’re really in love. I just…don’t know how to get close to him. I’m always so worried about overstepping my boundaries, I feel like he’s starting to think I’m losing my feelings for him but I’m not. He’s so wealthy, and he knows I have nothing and no one. I’m afraid if I pursue him too much, he’ll think I’m in this for the wrong reasons." Ophelia clicked her nails on the table, pausing to think. "That probably sounds ridiculous, but I’m just afraid to lose him. I’ve never met anyone like him before and I don’t know what’s okay and what’s not. We’re from different worlds.” Ophelia looked sideways nervously. Neither Carmen or Gideon had any idea of the “world” Ophelia came from.
Carmen shrugged. “Well, it’s not totally ridiculous. What I mean is, you certainly wouldn’t want him getting the wrong idea. But, I don’t think he would. Listen, I’m not a relationship expert or anything, but I see the way he looks at you and I think he knows your love is real.”

Ophelia smiled sheepishly, beaming. “Thanks, Carmen. I suppose you’re right. Now I feel a little better about our date tonight. I’m taking him to my favorite club, the LuLu Lounge. We always do classy things like wine tasting and museum visits. I figured it was high time we loosen up and have some real fun."
Carmen smiled back at her friend. “That’s the spirit! Knock his socks off with your moves!” She pounded down the rest of her coffee and grabbed Ophelia’s arm, beginning to drag her to her dorm room. “C’mon, let’s get you all dolled up!”

Carmen spent hours doing Ophelia’s hair and makeup for the date, and then finally gave her a seal of approval. Ophelia waited impatiently outside the club for her boyfriend. Why am I so nervous?, she thought to herself. I seriously need to calm down. This is probably our thousandth date.
Gideon suddenly came out of nowhere and snatched up Ophelia's hand, planting a delicate kiss on it. She jumped and then laughed, trying not to swoon too much.
“You look ravishing tonight, my darling.” Gideon gave his girlfriend a wink.
Ophelia giggled. “Oh Gideon, you’re such a goof.”

Ophelia's smile dropped and she cleared her throat nervously. “Well then, ready to go inside?”
Gideon pursed his lips, detecting his girlfriend’s odd mood. “Is everything alright, Phe? You seem…upset? I think.”
Ophelia sighed. “Gideon, we need to talk.”
Gideon’s eyes widened. “Oh don’t tell me…”
Ophelia cut Gideon off. “I’m not breaking up with you.”

Gideon poised himself, further intrigued.
“In fact, I love you. I love you so much and I want you to know that. I never want you to think the only reason I’m with you is because of…your money. There, I said it. You know I had a hard childhood. Please don’t think I’m just using you as a free ride. I love you, Gideon Goth, rich or poor. You probably think I'm absolutely out of my mind for getting so worked up about this. Just please, understand how seriously I take our relationship.”

Gideon was silent for a moment, stunned by Ophelia’s profession of love. “Wow,” he breathed, taking his lady’s hands. “I love you too, Ophelia. Very much. You are the most interesting, beautiful, and funny woman I’ve ever meant. Thank you for letting me know how you feel. Although, I was never for a second worried you didn’t love me.” Ophelia breathed a sigh of relief while Gideon squeezed her hands. He chuckled and shook his head. “You do beat all. C’mon Miss, we have some dancing to do.”

Ophelia and Gideon strutted into the prestigious LuLu Lounge and boogied down all night. They danced with one another for hours, surrounded by many other night owls who only intensified the party atmosphere. After they couldn’t manage one more fist bump or pelvic thrust, the couple headed over to the more private section of the club for some slow dancing.

They wrapped their arms around each other, looking into one another's eyes. Gideon placed one hand on the small of Ophelia’s back and the other firmly on her shoulder. “I love you, Ophelia Nigmos.”
Ophelia smiled giddily. “I love you too, Gideon.”
Gideon flashed a flirtatious grin. “No, I don’t think you understand. I love you, and I want to keep on loving you for the rest of our lives.”
Ophelia’s eyes widened. “Oh, Gideon…”
“You see, it wouldn’t even matter if you were just in this for the money because you’ve stolen my heart. I wouldn't want anyone else anyway and I could never love anyone else more.”

Before Ophelia could respond, Gideon sunk down onto one knee. “I want you to be my partner. I want to have children with you. I want to love you and marry you and never let you go.” Gideon reached into his pocket, revealing a black ring box. Ophelia’s heart pounded wildly. “I wasn’t planning on doing this here, but this night has been so perfect. Ophelia Nigmos, will you marry me?”

PLEASANT

Eden Dreamer stood on her sidewalk, watching raindrops fall around her. The water felt cool on her skin, exposed by her summery dress. She was waiting for her taxi. The taxi that would take her and her fiancé, Felix Pleasant, away to their beach wedding and honeymoon. Despite all their fighting, recent incompatibility, and Felix’s accusations of Eden’s infidelity, the couple still planned to go through with their wedding. It’s just so he can control me more, Eden thought to herself. Eden was a free spirit. She desired the high life, many men, and nothing to tie her down.

Felix’s shrill voice interrupted Eden’s thoughts. “Would you please get in the damn car so we can go?”
Eden narrowed her eyes at her fiancé and flung the car door open. She detested him more with each passing day, and Felix couldn’t help but feel threatened by her beauty and independence. Eden took a long look at her great, big house before slamming the car door. She could see the maid making her bed from the window, and the freshly cut grass the gardener had taken care of that morning. “It’s worth it”, she whispered as they drove away.

That’s what kept the pair hanging on: money. Neither Felix nor Eden had grown up poor by any means, but they both craved more. More wealth, more status, more power. They were Pleasantview’s power couple; together they could achieve anything if they were both good enough at pretending. They pretended they were happy and in love. They pretended they didn’t threaten each other or cheat on each other. They both told themselves it would work, that it was worth it.

So on the beach of Twikkii island, Eden and Felix said “I do” and became Mr. and Mrs. Pleasant. They sealed their fate with a kiss as the waves crashed around them.

The newlyweds spent the whole rest of the day at the beach. They swam, tasted pineapple surprise, learned to hula, and hunted for shells. It was a blissful day and the calm, soothing Twikkii Island breezes presented the couple with nothing to fight over. When the sun went down, Eden and Felix scrambled from their hotel bar to their private bungalow. Both tipsy, they fell into bed. Felix fumbled with the clasp on Eden’s bathing suit when suddenly she stopped kissing kissing him.

She froze and pulled away. Felix looked at her, slightly confused. "What's wrong?"
Eden forced a smile. “It's nothing, I just…” Before she could finish her sentence she covered her mouth and bolted for the bathroom.
Felix sighed and crossed his legs on the bed. “Hurry back.”

Eden slammed the door, and Felix heard her vomiting. He groaned and rubbed his eyes, disappointed by the night’s sudden turn of events. After a few minutes Eden emerged from the bathroom, a looks of distress on her face. She looked long and hard at Felix; he’d never seen her so helpless. “Well?”, he said, “Are you okay?”
Eden clutched her hands together nervously. “Felix, I’m pregnant.”
Felix leapt off the bed, enraged. “Don’t you dare say that. You probably just have food poisoning.”

Eden slouched her shoulders; her lip quivered. “No, Felix. I’m pregnant. I know it.” Her voice was barely above a whisper.
Felix stepped closer to his wife, analyzing her face for deception. “Bullshit. How can you possibly know that?! You were in there for two minutes and threw up one time! That could mean anything. This really isn’t funny so cut the shit.”

Eden began to grow angry and her fists flew behind her. “How about you cut the shit, huh? I know I’m pregnant. Don’t you dare tell me I don’t know. I’ve been feeling like this for weeks. I just didn’t want to believe it was true. I didn’t want to tell you because I knew you’d act like this.”
Felix finally lost his temper, flying in Eden’s face. “Act like what?! We've talked about this at least a hundred times, Eden! No kids! We are career people, not parents! This is going to jeopardize everything! How could you be so careless and stupid?!”

Eden screamed and shoved Felix as hard as she could. Her heart was pounding, their fights had never gotten this loud or physical. “Get away from me! You’re horrible! You know what? Don’t worry about a damn thing because this baby isn’t even yours!” She shouted at the top of her lungs, her words aiming right for Felix’s heart.

Felix's palm whipped across Eden’s face with a resounding 'smack'. She screamed and fell backwards, catching her balance to avoid hitting the ground. Lights from other hotel bungalows began to flick on in curiosity; a dog barked from far away.“How dare you?!”, Felix exclaimed through gritted teeth. His shoulders rose and fell in rage while he breathed heavily, trying to contain the urge to strike his wife again.

Neither one of them spoke for what felt like an eternity. Felix took a deep breath and smoothed his hand over his hair while Eden held her cheek and trembled. He stared into his wife’s eyes with an almost evil gaze before speaking. “Don't give me that pathetic look. You turned me into this, this low life money hungry monster. I didn't used to be this way!" He walked over to the sliding door that led out to the beach and slung it open to leave. "You know, I’m not even surprised it's come to this. You’ve always been a little whore.”

DREAMER

Liam Dreamer sat outside on his backyard swing, staring blankly at the blue sky ahead. It was his birthday, yet he couldn’t help but feel sad. The child kicked the dirt beneath him while pouting. He heard footsteps crunching grass behind him, but didn’t bother to look.

His mother, Lilith Dreamer, appeared behind him and gave him a playful push. “Hey there, birthday boy. What are you doing out here all by yourself? I thought you wanted to help me frost your cake.”
Liam pumped his legs to appease his mother and propel this swing. “ I just needed some time alone to think.”

Lilith chuckled at her son’s seriousness. “To think about what? What you want to ask for your birthday?” She grabbed Liam's swing to steady it and tickled her son's sides.
Liam erupted into laughter and shook his head. “No, Mama. I was actually thinking about what it would be like to have a big family.”
Lilith frowned and her heart jumped a little. She took a step back from the swing. “What do you mean?”
A smile spread across Liam’s face in excitement. “Well, most of the kids at school have big families. Brothers and sisters, uncles and aunts, grandmas and grandpas, cousins. If I could have anything in the world for my birthday, it would be a big party where all our family was invited.”

Liam hopped off the swing and Lilith ran over to hug him. She held her son close, trying to take away all the sadness she’d caused for him. The poor boy had no living Grandparents. He had two Aunts and an Uncle he’d barely laid eyes on, three cousins whom he’d never spoken to, and not a single brother of sister to speak of. All because of me, Lilith thought. She cradled her son in her arms before finally letting go, almost in tears. “Oh sweetie, I never knew you felt that way. That makes me so sad.”
Liam frowned. “I’m sorry, Mama. I didn’t want to make you sad. But you should know, I think you need to say sorry to your sister.”

Lilith blinked her eyes rapidly, taken aback by her son’s advice. “Liam, how do you know about my sister?”
Liam sighed and put out his arms. “Remember? That time you took me to the cemetery to see your Mom and Dad, my grandma and grandpa. She was there and she was mad at you; I could tell. I just think it’s time we all be a good family again so I can play with my cousins. Just say sorry, Mommy.”
Lilith put her hands on her hips. “Now Liam, that’s nice of you but you’re too little to understand the whole picture. Angela, your aunt and I have had a lot of…disagreements over the years. It can’t be fixed that easily.”
Liam looked at his mother inquisitively. “But Mommy, she’s your sister. You can at least try.”
Angela sighed, stroking her son's hair. “We’ll see, baby.”

After their serious discussion, Lilith and Liam headed inside to celebrate the boy’s birthday. Dirk and Lilith cheered for the child while he blew out his candles. Lilith tried her best to be enthusiastic, but couldn’t stop thinking and her and the boy’s earlier conversation. The birthday party did feel rather small and lonely. Liam sprang up into his teenage from and immediately helped himself to a slice of cake.

Dirk grabbed his wife’s hand and smiled at her, looking into her eyes. “See what a fine boy we’ve raised? I knew you’d be an incredible mother. Remember the night we decided to have a baby?”
Lilith smiled sheepishly and looked away. “He is an amazing son, that you’re right about. As far as my mothering skills, I wouldn’t say incredible.”
Dirk chuckled and kissed Lilith’s forehead. “You should give yourself more credit, Lily Pad.”
Lilith smirked and closed her eyes, unable to get the image of Angela at the cemetery out of her mind.

BROKE

Dustin Broke hobbled from the couch to the phone ringing in his office and answered sleepily. “Hello?”
The voice on the other end answered quickly. “Wow, you got to the phone pretty fast. Shouldn’t you be in bed with your wife?”
Dustin snorted, his eyes drooping in exhaustion. “Yeah well my wife who, yes I should be in bed with, has forced me to take the couch tonight.” Dustin smacked his lips, the sleep starting to shake off him. “Wait a second, who is this?”

Eden chuckled, amused. “Eden Pleasant. Who else calls you at two in the morning?”
Dustin retracted in irritation. “Eden? What the hell?! I told you it’s over. Now you’re calling my house?!”
Eden rolled her eyes even though Dustin couldn’t see. “Relax, Broke. Your darling little wife will never know. I just wanted to tell you I’m leaving town. So you don’t worry your pretty little head about ever hearing from me again.”

Dustin screwed up his face in puzzlement. “Leave town? What the hell are you talking about and why bother telling me?”
Eden was quiet for a moment before speaking. “I just didn’t know who else to tell. I figured somebody should know." She paused again. "Somebody should miss me.”
Dustin detected a strange tone in Eden’s voice,a sadness and defeat he had never heard from her before. “Eden, what’s wrong?”

Eden took a long, deep breath while eyeballing her wedding ring. The diamond shone against the purple fabric of her coat, bulging out from her baby bump. “I’m pregnant, Dustin.”
Dustin’s eyes widened and he froze, feeling he would surely faint. “Eden…”
“Relax, Dustin. It’s not yours. Felix thinks it's someone else's though, and that’s why I need to go.”
Dustin heaved a sigh of relief and put his hand to his forehead. “You’re not making any sense.”

"This afternoon, Felix came home early from work. He must have thought I wasn’t home, because my car was in the shop and I was taking a nap. I heard him in his office so I woke up to see what brought him back so early. I heard him talking to some girl before I opened the door all the way, and it stopped me dead in my tracks. He was talking to a hit woman, Dustin. Some sort of assassian. He’s planning to have me killed, murdered. He was telling her that the baby wasn’t his and I needed to be ‘taken care of’ before I start showing anymore and ruin his reputation. He said all the money I make isn’t worth putting up with me and that my life insurance was motivation enough.”

Dustin was baffled; he thought he might be sick. “This is a joke, right? Or you had to be misunderstanding the situation at least.”
Eden shook her head. “No, Dustin. I don’t know who he was talking to but she was the real deal. I have to get out of here, become invisible before she finds me. For my sake, and this baby’s.”
Dustin shook his head. “C’mon Eden, you’re a lawyer. Surely you can find a better solution to this. This is crazy.”
“Dustin, stop. It’s too late for doing the right thing. I’d be dead before Felix is even questioned if I go to the police; I know how these things work. I’m leaving tonight. You can never speak of this to anyone. Not your wife, not my brother. It’s going to be hard but you needed to know the baby isn’t yours, in case anything ever leaks. And I need you to tell me that everything is going to be okay.”
Dustin groaned. “I’m sorry. I can’t tell you that, Eden.”
Eden paused for a moment and then said a simple, “Goodbye, Dustin,” before ending the call.

TO BE CONTINUED
Lab Assistant
#185 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 4:02 AM
Yesssss, I've been waiting for a new chapter for months. Your story is awesome and I'm so glad I checked in today (I only come to this subforum to read your story lol).

Pleasantview - Family Tree
Strangetown - Family Tree
Rhinehart - Royal Kingdom Challenge
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#186 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 5:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dmrogue
Yesssss, I've been waiting for a new chapter for months. Your story is awesome and I'm so glad I checked in today (I only come to this subforum to read your story lol).

Hi there dmrogue! Thanks for not giving up on me I'm so glad you checked in too! I really appreciate your comment. Chapter 29 is already in the works!
Field Researcher
#187 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 4:25 AM
I'm a new reader, just found The Pleasantview Diaries yesterday, and have been reading madly all night! Absolutely love the story, and can't wait for the next chapter. I'm really intrigued with what's happening with Felix and Eden - who knew they would turn out to be not-so-nice?! And I'm wondering if Eden really did lie to Felix about the baby being his, or maybe she's really lying to Dustin instead? Definitely looking forward to Chapter 29, and thank you so much for a great story!
Scholar
#188 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 8:19 PM
This hasn't been updated for 27 days! Do you hate us?! :P
But, uh, great story. The only part I hated was when Dustin cheated on Angela. Mmm, I HATED that.
Alchemist
#189 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 4:27 PM
That was a dark chapter but I'm looking forward to finding out what happens to Eden, Felix and the baby.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#190 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by klapaucius
I'm a new reader, just found The Pleasantview Diaries yesterday, and have been reading madly all night! Absolutely love the story, and can't wait for the next chapter. I'm really intrigued with what's happening with Felix and Eden - who knew they would turn out to be not-so-nice?! And I'm wondering if Eden really did lie to Felix about the baby being his, or maybe she's really lying to Dustin instead? Definitely looking forward to Chapter 29, and thank you so much for a great story!

Hi there, klapaucius! Thanks for commenting! I love hearing about people getting swept up in my story so much that they can't stop reading. I'm glad you love the story so well. I'm looking forward to the next chapter just as much as you! I have a lot planned! Eden is a smart woman, although she makes choices based on emotions and selfishness which often turns out to not be in her favor. She would lie in the way that would benefit her most.

IrishA03, I don't hate you! I swear! I wish I could do nothing all day buy write and play Sims. It's a busy time in my life though; I'm in nursing school full time, working two jobs, planning a wedding, and trying to move. All those obligations leave little time for Sims. Although I can't say when the next chapter will be published, just know The Pleasantview Diaries is in my mind and heart and will not be abandoned!
I'm so happy you're enjoying my work though! Despite Dustin cheating on Angela; but you're SUPPOSED to hate that! ;D I hope you stick around for the next chapter, whenever that may be.

omglo, you're right! Domestic violence and town skipping! Thanks for reading and commenting! I can't wait to write about Eden's new journey and I hope you love reading about it.
Instructor
#191 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 6:22 AM
Omg I just read chapter 28!
Juicy drama!!

I LOL'd at Felix and Eden arguing !
I cant wait for your update

Peace, Harmony & Balance... Libra is Love..
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#192 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 7:49 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 12th Jul 2021 at 12:05 AM.
I just finished reading your story (until chapter 28)
I really love your great story. I didn't like how Dustin cheated on his wife and I hate Eden for that and also for taking her aunts boyfriend away but this is one of the best stories I've ever read.
I'm looking forward for the next chapter. I hope you don't give up and share us your Pleasantview's family tree once the story is complete

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Field Researcher
#193 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 11:48 PM Last edited by PanAm103 : 31st Oct 2014 at 12:08 AM.
I found out about this story three days ago and fell in love! Such a great story, although I don't like Eden or Felix, but mostly Eden, and because of that I don't like Destiny. Destiny practically made Eden, and now Eden stole pretty much everything Destiny wanted. What have you done! I loved Destiny, but why did you create Eden and ruined Destiny (lol I'm just kidding )! Really worth the wait.
Didn't like it when Dustin cheated on Angela, the Brokes are my favourite premade; and I wonder if Alexander or his relatives will ever tell (at least to one sim) that they're alive (can't say they're safe though).
Don surprised me for the best with his tremendous change in attitude, I was sad when he died, but he nearly threw out the window with Nina. You play Dina as I did, cool!
What else... Oh. Cassandra. Never liked her really. Especially when she got angry with Destiny (come back old Destiny!). Darren and Dirk I liked. Lilith was kinda like Don, I was surprised. Anyone else?
Yes, Ricardo. Probably my favourite character after the Brokes, old Destiny and probably tied with Don. Letti, not really. About Gideon and Lorenzo I still need some more chapters to form an opinion.
I understand that you take so long to upload, I just started a story (link on signature) and I know how it is to wish you could play as you're dying to but can't find the time with studying and stuff.
I was reading your previous comments and read that Destiny and Ricardo where supposed to end up together, and I was like: OMG, I thought that they would be together when reading some chapters! Would be my favourite couple withou a doubt! 11 points out of 10. With Lorenzo it's not as good, but still...
IMPORTANT NOTE: I like this story so much that I wrote this beauty in my Nokia Asha 303, so give me some credit!
Test Subject
#194 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 4:30 AM
I just found this searching Pleasantview stories on google, and find this beautiful story. Too bad that the story hasn't been updated since 2014. I love it, good job.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#195 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 5:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimNight
I just found this searching Pleasantview stories on google, and find this beautiful story. Too bad that the story hasn't been updated since 2014. I love it, good job.
Please don't resurrect old stories and posts

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Top Secret Researcher
#196 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 3:21 AM
I also just started reading this story this morning and have spent hours reading the whole thing. Really well done and it is a pity the author hasn't updated, but understandable. Life does tend to get in the way. Really enjoyed it though.
Theorist
#197 Old 14th Feb 2017 at 4:27 PM
@hmrnd3 ... Is there any more to the story? Or is this like one of the tv programs that got cancelled without a finale and the viewing audience is left to wonder .. what happened next?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#198 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 2:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
@hmrnd3 ... Is there any more to the story? Or is this like one of the tv programs that got cancelled without a finale and the viewing audience is left to wonder .. what happened next?

Hi CaliBrat! Unfortunately, I lost my hard drive with all of these saved games on it a while ago. I'm still pretty upset about it, because I had a lot of plans for this story. I would like you, any past, and future readers to know I am planning to finish this story in some form. I have a sort of "where are they now" in the works. Although I can no longer take photos of these Sims, I want everyone to know where their stories were headed. Hopefully I will be able to release this sort of closure/ending in the next couple of weeks. Thanks for your interest! I'm also planning on starting a new story, which I hope everyone will check out! Take care!
Lab Assistant
#199 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 3:48 PM
I totally understand . Those kind of things happen often, we all lose our save-games at one point or the other. I'll definitely read your other story, and although I can't guarantee anything, I am 90% confident that I'll love that one . Stay well, stay happy.
Test Subject
#200 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 3:54 AM
Since this thread was already necroed and the OP responded can I just say: what a cliffhanger. I don't think I can cope not knowing what happens.
Page 8 of 9