Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#151 Old 22nd Dec 2008 at 6:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DarQuing
I'd like to see a hack that allows Adult/Teen romantic relationships. I'd also like to see an incest hack.

InTeen allows adult/teen relationships and I also think the simbology..

http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php/topic,15.0.html
Advertisement
Instructor
#152 Old 7th Jan 2009 at 2:10 AM
I just thought of one this morning that I would like... I would like to see a hack that allows you to choose whose last name a baby will take. For instance, Malcom is engaged to Marissa and she just gave birth to their daughter Maliyah. I think if in addition to the pop up to name the baby, there should be a question, for unmarried parents, whose last name will the baby take? So instead of it automatically being the mother's last name, you could choose to have the father's last name.

I know there are mods to allow you to change the name, but it would be cool if you could decide from the beginning which last name to take.
Lab Assistant
#153 Old 7th Jan 2009 at 4:20 AM
A hack that forces the Sims to go ahead and pay the bills instead of taking them out and putting them on the ground where I can't find them.

Maybe one that stops them from bringing home 'friends' from school and work. Why do they say 'friend' when it should be 'complete and utter stranger?'

One to keep them from drinking themselves to death if I put a bar in my lot.

And another to make them put the baby DOWN before going to work. D=
Instructor
#154 Old 7th Jan 2009 at 4:38 PM
There are hacks for the bills to be paid automatically. I know the Insim has the option. When you choose to pay it automatically with Insim, you never even have to take the bills from the mailbox. I'm pretty sure there are others. But I use Insim and the auto bill payer from it. But even if you didn't use any hacks, one of the packs allowed you to click on the mailbox and choose pay bills. Then your sim would go get them from wherever they set it. I'm just not sure which pack that feature came with. EDIT: I found an alternate download for automatic bill pay. It is the "Automatic Bill Payer" from simwardrobe.com under the home life improvement section of Sims 2 objects downloads.

I think there are also hacks to stop your sims from bringing people home from school and work. I'll edit my post if I find any.
#155 Old 7th Jan 2009 at 8:51 PM
I believe at simbology.com they have the bring friends home less often. They have an option where you can say no.
Instructor
#156 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 12:22 AM
I just found a link Sydlet to a mod that will ask your permission to have your sim bring a friend home from work. It's the Work & Bring Home Friend Dialog mod by monique. The school one is at Simbology and is the "School Bus/Bring Friend & Homework Hacks"
So you can at least say no.
#157 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 12:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by toons67
I Would Like to See some Hacks for,,,,, say the Washer/Dryer where they put clothes in and take them out and being able too add laundry Detergant and being able too use the iron/ironing board and hanging up clothes in the closet...
Vaccuming carpets when they get dirty
go grocery shopping instead of always having to order groceries same thing for other stuff such as tvs,cars,toys, etc etc etc

lol

I think i could go on and on..... but just alot of things like we do on daily ordeal

For the vacuum and washer stuff, MTS2 has those. They may not show all the details of dirt and grime, but they do exist.

As for grocery shopping, you can do that already. Just create a store with those specifics and go shopping with your playables. It works the same way.
#158 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 12:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cmserene
I don't know about a "crime" hack but I've created quite a few fully autonomous brothels, which are quite profitable I might add!!

I've gotten the whole brothel thing down to a science, so if you need any help, just ask :D

There's also ACR which has the option of a brothel. I've never used it myself, but the rtfm should have it listed somewhere explaining its function.
Lab Assistant
#159 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 7:45 PM
I need a hack to stop my sims from cooking a meal, serving the available seats at the table, and then going outside to eat by themselves. Hello, the livingroom sofa is much closer and, you know, inside - much better for winter, yeah?
Scholar
#160 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 8:30 PM
There's a mailbox hack that lets you pay all bills at the mailbox. I'm getting ready to take off or I'd check to see if it's here or one by squinge? Mine is for AL, and I can't remember if I got it here or off a link on the download page for the mailbox hack here at MTS2.
I haven't read thru all the pages, but I'd like a stray away hack that works like the sign in S1 that kept stray critters out of your yard.

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
#161 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 9:23 PM
Deatherella, there is one at Simlogical:

http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...ms2_Petting.htm
Instructor
#162 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 11:31 PM
Or you could use the Visitor Controller hack from Simbology to keep stray animals, among many others, from coming around. It works very well.
Scholar
#163 Old 9th Jan 2009 at 9:36 AM
Thanx all. I was sick the past few days so I haven't been back to check your response. I'll go check them out now.

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Test Subject
#164 Old 14th Jan 2009 at 5:26 AM
Default I'd really like to see..
An option for the babies of natural parents to be breastfed! I'm so sick of all the stinky bottles lying around which is NOT a natural part of parenthood for me at all - guess it's a cultural thing as I'm not in the US!

It sounds complicated, and it wouldn't work for adopted babies, but there has to be a way, right? I'm a little disappointed that it's not part of the base game - Maxis has embraced homosexual couples, yet breastfeeding is seen as more 'out there' than that? :-/ (I think the homosexual couple option is great btw, not dissing it)
#165 Old 14th Jan 2009 at 7:10 AM
Site Helper
#166 Old 15th Jan 2009 at 3:55 PM
Not really a hack, but my primary use for Insim anymore is the multiple items you can change the appearance of the various components into. If you need a yard filled with debris and weeds for a picture, just spawn a component, change the appearance, then spawn a few dozen more copies of it.

It would be nice if someone would make an object that has the same "Props in a box" functionality without the hacks attached.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
#167 Old 15th Jan 2009 at 4:33 PM
I was so happy to get the breastfeeding hack but my game kept crashing with it installed. Is that just me? I'm on a Mac and have Seasons and BV only.
Inventor
#168 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 10:55 PM
@ samantha

I think you can assume that all sim hacks etc are written for windows-systems.

Except if the creator specifies otherwise of course.
#169 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 7:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by appelsapgodin
@ samantha

I think you can assume that all sim hacks etc are written for windows-systems.

Except if the creator specifies otherwise of course.

No, hacks that work on a Windows-Sims 2 game should work for a Mac too. However, they have to be compatible with the highest EP you have. Any hacks that need Freetime/Apartment Life/M&G will not work on a Mac game because those EPs have never been ported to the OS X platform.

That said, the breastfeeding hack worked fine and didn't crash my Mac Sims 2 game. However, it's so slow! I wish someone would tweak it so the baby's hunger meter fills up faster. Anyway, I took it out and went back to the bottles because of the slowness.
Scholar
#170 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zavi
I want a one-sided relationship/abuse/rape hack. Not to sound really mean or creepy, but ...

I somehow came across a rape hack a while ago. Can't remember exactly where it was but I know it was some yahoo group that you had to be a member of to get the hack. maybe if you google it?
Instructor
#171 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 2:03 AM
It's from Sims2Workshop katreina. And I think that person's post is pretty old. So they probably found it by now.
Instructor
#172 Old 11th Feb 2009 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rosesforme17
2) And I would really love a mod for the phonebook to also sort contacts by "Family."

I just wanted to update on this. To all the people who told me that the "phone hack" from MATY would do what I wanted, that wasn't the right one. I was going through the armory, page by page at MATY checking out the various hacks and came across the "autoyak" hack. That is the one that will separate the family members from everyone else like I wanted. I've tried it out today and so far I like it. So it's the "autoyak" that has the call-friends or family option using your cell phone.
Lab Assistant
#173 Old 11th Feb 2009 at 8:48 PM
I hope this one exists:
A hack to keep sims THE HELL OUT OF EACH OTHERS' BEDS.
All my sims end up sleeping in the wrong rooms every night. And don't tell me to lock my sims' doors, because 80% of the houses I play have a double bedroom in them, so I can't lock the room unless I put in two doors, which, since all my houses are either Maxis or have a layout that would make it look weird, I can't do that either. All my sims end up sleeping with their parents/whoever the hell else is sleeping with someone in the house. And the parents always end up sleeping in the kids' rooms. It's fucking hell.

Plus I'd like a hack that would stop sims from autonomously looking at decoratives.
And one that would stop them from autonomously dancing or turning on the stereo. I REALLY hate the dumb-ass Latin music they dance badly to. Even when I disable all the Latin music, they play something else dumb. I have to get rid of all the stereos in my sims' houses just for that.

And one that would stop them from freaking out whenever there's a burglar or a fire. How 'boutcha DO something about it, eh? They should rush to the phone instead of just sitting and screaming.
Forum Resident
#174 Old 11th Feb 2009 at 9:31 PM
mayakii: Inge made a reservable beds mod which may work for you! It's about halfway down! ^_^
Instructor
#175 Old 11th Feb 2009 at 9:56 PM
The reservable beds is really only useful for single beds, not doubles. The "smart beds" hack over at Simbology.com will have your sims remember their beds and actually use their beds. I think that's probably what you want mayakii.

As far as "no autonomy" hacks, you could take a look at More Awesome Than You or Simbology.com. They have a lot of "no autonomy" stuff. So does MTS2.
Page 7 of 576