Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#151 Old 21st Oct 2007 at 2:51 PM
I have over 10 000 easily... I have to go clean some of that up...
Advertisement
#152 Old 21st Oct 2007 at 3:09 PM
Just recently deleted my entire downloads folder and started again so now I only have 764 files. Completely reduced from what it was but the computer is going so much faster now!
#153 Old 21st Oct 2007 at 3:54 PM
1.92 GB, 6,126 files. It looks like I need to clean out my downloads, I didn't know how much stuff I had!
#154 Old 21st Oct 2007 at 3:56 PM
Oh my, to many to count... like Dreea , mine are all in one big download folder
Field Researcher
#155 Old 21st Oct 2007 at 4:09 PM
in 2 folders,

1 for sims2package files (107)
2. for all the rest ( over 10.900) okay, i love downloading, but i have a really fast computer, it goes faster then my best friends game and she doesn't have downloads.
Lab Assistant
#156 Old 21st Oct 2007 at 4:59 PM
936 mb, but I'm updating it...(deleting and downloading stuff)
ANd I have filed them like this

a folder stuff (downloads) and a folder called: my own recolours
the stuff folder is further divided in 270 subfolders:
1. the website
2. then you get function (e.g nursery/hair etc)
3. then the creator
4. then the various collections.

I'm a bit of a nitpicker with my downloads folder, but I can at the very least find everything with a couple of clicks.
Lab Assistant
#157 Old 21st Oct 2007 at 9:18 PM
1.46 Gb, 4868 files, 384 folders.
i'm going to have to cull a bit.

i'll get stuck in small room with you, any day. -- K Zoid

eXpresSims
Lab Assistant
#158 Old 22nd Oct 2007 at 2:51 AM
This thread has made me feel a lot better. I have a little over 1GB- about 4,103 files. >__<; A lot of them are hair files... and I have WAAY to much adult female clothing. xD The poor other age groups are so neglected. ^^;;
I also have lots of room themes downloaded, too, so lots of objects, carpets and wallpapers. =3
Forum Resident
#159 Old 22nd Oct 2007 at 3:10 AM
back up to 7 gigs... *dies*

I'm an old simmer who just can't seem to quit...
#160 Old 23rd Oct 2007 at 5:22 PM
3.80 GB and most of the files are compressed so I have oh I dunno 20,000 files I am going to have to delete and start over obviously I'm not good at cleaning it out and my computer can no longer take it. :eviltongu
Field Researcher
#161 Old 23rd Oct 2007 at 5:39 PM
Currently I've got 2.78GB, and 8,000 files. I try to keep it under 3GB, because after that my computer starts acting sluggish.

Simberry Fields
A "For Sims, By Sims" City
Inventor
#162 Old 23rd Oct 2007 at 8:30 PM
I used to have sooooo much CC!! But I didn't use it all that much, so when my game started having problems I braced myself and reluctantly got rid of it all. And I did it again a few months later. Now that I've discovered that The Sims 2 can handle sub-folders, I have things organized a lot better. I'm more choosy about what I download, too. But I'd say I still easily have 2 or 3 gig. I'm not totally sure.
Test Subject
#163 Old 23rd Oct 2007 at 11:04 PM
I use to have over 6k files. I was a n00b and just put EVERYTHING in the downloads folder. No subfolders. Which, I realize was complete HELL.

I saved all my files to a usb drive when I had to reinstalling Windows XP, and when I went to organize the files, it was just too much. So I deleted them all. I'm slowly reinstalling content, putting everthing into author folders, so I actually know where my stuff comes from. ;D

As of now, 779 MB -1,658 files and most of them are clothes and hair. >>;
Test Subject
#164 Old 24th Oct 2007 at 2:55 AM
I only have about 250mb, just enough so my game looks a little less Maxis-ish, but still has a bit of that fantasy element.
Most of my downloads are default eyes from RenSim, anything from MTS2 that catches my eye(usually skins and objects), and christianlov and Squinge's hacks from the graveyard.
I also have plenty of items from Paladain at Sim Wardrobe, as well as the InSimenator(and items from various InSim creators), and stuff from Pescado, plus lots of makeup by Heleane(the EA makeup kind of sucks), and clothes from various sites.
I also check the booty out sometimes too, though I prefer the forum more.
Scholar
#165 Old 28th Oct 2007 at 3:29 AM
Wow, I'm a little embarrassed. Most of you don't even have half what I have. ...Of course, it's not so much that I'm a pack rat as the simple fact that my computer can handle it all. Five and half gigs and climbing!

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Forum Resident
#166 Old 28th Oct 2007 at 3:51 AM
i have about 1.64GB in my downloads folder... of my 2GB memory (laptop). i could never just delete it all... would screw up my game so bad... content is the only thing that i really use.

~*I'm a she*~
The Booty calls to you, you cannot resist it
I use Target and Kodak Gallery for my pictures, you should too... :D
My MTS2|Livejournal|Yearbook|Facebook
Lab Assistant
#167 Old 28th Oct 2007 at 4:14 AM
I have about 780 MB.
Its mostly objects. I use holy simoly, SA99 from tsr, windkeeper's doors and windows, and msbarrows maxis matching and completer sets. At the moment i'll download anything that works well with maxis stuff cuz I want my game to stay cartoony. Obvs i can't use the maxis eyes and skins tho, so i've got defaults for those. migamoo and macthekat are pretty much the only creators i use for clothes at the moment. and raon, rose, nouk, and all ages maxis styles for hair....

Eagles may soar, but bunnies don't get sucked into jet engines
Scholar
#168 Old 28th Oct 2007 at 10:00 AM
Mine's 1.1gigs for my main game and 145mb for my AnyGameStarter game. For some reason my folder can't contain more than 4.32 gigs. I found out that if I have too much content it lags like crazy and I won't have much fun playing sims so whenever I have more than 3 gigs I delete the folder and all the neighbourhoods to start a fresh game.

I only use AnyGameStarter for neighbourhoods I want to keep seperate from my main game. Like my 'legacy' family, for example. My main game's only for taking pictures, so the only downloads for my AnyGameStarter are an object mesh, recolors, some clothes and objects that use the repository method and maybe three or four hairs tops.
Instructor
#169 Old 28th Oct 2007 at 10:42 AM
I need to organize my downloads...I have alot (8.36gg)...My game is crashing...i need to organize it...)
Wishe to get a progam to make it for me :D

I am Brazilian but I live in Switzerland!!!!
Call me Paula if you want :)
My Tumblr =)
Lab Assistant
#170 Old 4th Nov 2007 at 11:17 PM
About average, 4011 files = 74 folders = 1.46 gigs
Lab Assistant
#171 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 4:44 AM
I have tons. I used to play on a computer with no internet access, but the other computer that did have internet I found MTS2 and looked at all the stuff I could have! Now I download a lot, so i have too much and I have deleted...2 things.
Lab Assistant
#172 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 4:44 AM
a little over 3100 files.
Test Subject
#173 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 1:37 PM
about 8 gigs as well. my main downloads folder crapped out at just over 4 gigs so I now have 2 "main' subfolders going for even more stuff! I've been lucky with hacks and whatnot, not a single game crash yet even though it does lag ridiculously (an amazing 2 fps in CAS and neighborhood view)

I'm in the process of building a (fancy!) new computer for myself (this one is 7 years old, no lie.) it should be done around january, I'm gonna have alot of fun with it ;3
Lab Assistant
#174 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 1:51 PM
Well aside from deleting hacks that conflict with my game lol I've still got hacks ranging from 'leap into arms when Pregnant' to 'Nurse Baby'
Scholar
#175 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 2:14 PM
Umm, about 500 MB because I just emptied out my d/l folder. That's for my contest game, for my story/legacy game (which has only Maxis-Quality items) it's about 100 MB.
Page 7 of 81