Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#176 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 10:46 PM
Update!

3.15 - More Harm than Helpful http://sarisimsrandomlegacy.blogspo...078c8d6daebc67f

Pearl looks good in black. She's going to make an awesome spy some day... if she ever gets over what happened in this chapter.

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress
Advertisement
Instructor
#177 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 5:17 AM
My sister may or may not be lurking around here now. I went to visit her over the weekend and told her about The Random Legacy because she said she was getting bored of the sims...
Field Researcher
#178 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 9:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NutsAndDolts
There aren't Late Night jeans for male teen sims. :'( Teen boys get a pair of pants from Generations (I think they look bad), a pair from Pets (what, are those for riding or something? ew), and a pair from SHT (they have extraneous zippers and a chain; one of the coloring options also has scary rainbow rabbits on the belt).

I even tried looking for some conversions of expansion pack adult pants to teen, but all I could find were some do it yourself instructions. o.o

Expansion packs just seem to make the assumption that all most people play are adult sims. There's rarely consideration for toddlers, children, teens or elders.

Anyway I found a few CC ones after a while, so we'll see if that makes me feel better. =P

I love the male clothes from Club Crimsyn. There are some nice jeans, even for teens: http://club-crimsyn.dreamwidth.org/22157.html#cutid1
And I use these cuffed jeans for my teens a lot: http://club-crimsyn.dreamwidth.org/47615.html

Also, I like the new additions for marital structure! I would secretly love it if I rolled four adults with five kids. I like to play packed houses.
Scholar
Original Poster
#179 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 12:25 PM
Thanks for the pants suggestions! Do those look ok on boys who aren't super-skinny?
Instructor
#180 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 1:06 PM
All the stupid animals and their hunting skill means no left over stuff for Pucci to collect... Well, seeds... But I think that's it
Scholar
Original Poster
#181 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 1:43 PM
Really? o.o Wow that sucks.

I have my settings to not allow animals in my town.
Instructor
#182 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 2:03 PM
How do you do that? Because I'm kinda over them...
Scholar
Original Poster
#183 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 2:23 PM
Hmm... I think it's nrass story progression immigration settings. Or it may be in the nrass register mod somewhere.

I'll let you know for sure if I had my game up right now. =(
Instructor
#184 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 2:30 PM
Eh, I have no life so I'll probably be able to narrow it down... As long as its either of those 2...
Inconceivable!
#185 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 3:47 PM
I believe you use StoryProgression to disallow Sims around town to adopt/have animals, Register to disallow strays, deer, and raccoons, and Overwatch to disallow random animal adoption events around town. I'm not sure if Overwatch is strictly necessary to keep families from having animals, but it doesn't hurt I guess.

I don't remember what setting you change in SP though. So many options!
Instructor
#186 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 4:04 PM
Thanks guys... I'll have a look in the morning (1am here) but I think I remember seeing the adoption thing in overwatch once but didn't think about it when I actually wanted it. I was iffy about disallowing adoption because I had thought it applied to people adoption to, I'll check on Nraas' site later.
Field Researcher
#187 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 5:20 PM
Thanks for the pants suggestions! Do those look ok on boys who aren't super-skinny?

I think they do, I haven't had any boys who are really big though. They do look good on medium-sized boys.
Field Researcher
#188 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 8:34 PM
Hmm. How often would we be kicking the spouse out and getting a replacement? xD

Would repeats be allowed?

You can already have one of those with single parent, sorta; you just aren't allowed to move the significant other into the household.

I'm not entirely sure, was mainly thinking possibly extending second chance to allow for more than two partners in a row if it fitted a storyline. While you could do something similar with a single parent roll not being allowed to move the partners in does restrict what you can do with it.

My name is Ali
My random legacy can be found here
Alchemist
#189 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AJH
I'm not entirely sure, was mainly thinking possibly extending second chance to allow for more than two partners in a row if it fitted a storyline. While you could do something similar with a single parent roll not being allowed to move the partners in does restrict what you can do with it.

I don't think there's ever been a real restriction on having serial monogamy, it's just most people have played the normal marital rolls with one partner, generally speaking. And the rule would dictate that all children be born or adopted while the heir had a partner in the house, and once you start having children, you probably should not go for very long periods without a partner in the house to comply with the rule.
Second chance requires at least two partners, but you could easily extend that within the current rules, I think.
Maybe the marital rolls could be reworded to make that explicit.
Scholar
Original Poster
#190 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 10:44 PM
Yeah, actually, Buckley did something like that with her single parent with help roll. I don't want to spoil anything, but her sim had one person as the "help", and then that person left the household and immediately there was another sim there as the help.

Second Chance is just kinda a roll that forces you to do it.

Although, with normal rolls, the second person is always going to have to fit that same career you rolled, even if you switch out sims.

I have chapter 119 up: http://archlegacy.blogspot.com/2012...-119-chase.html
Scholar
Original Poster
#191 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 1:08 AM
How's this...

Quote:
A. Marital Structure (roll 1-35)-

1-10) Single Parent - The single parent must raise all required children on his/her own, which means a spouse/partner isn't allowed to live in the same household as the single parent and the children. The single parent may romance as much as they like, but moving in a partner to help raise those kids is what's forbidden.

Your single parent Sim may marry or have a live in partner before the first child is born or adopted, but that spouse/partner must be moved out of the household within 24 hours after the first child is born or adopted. After the first child is born, male single Sims may move in the mothers of subsequent biological children for the pregnancy only. The mother must leave the household within 24 hours after the baby is born. Single males may also use other methods, including mods or cheats, of adding their babies to the household without ever moving the mother in at all.

The restriction on moving in the single parent's partner is removed once their youngest child has reached the mid point of the teen age stage (7 days for the unaltered normal lifespan; if you've tweaked the teen stage, it's whatever the halfway point is for your custom stage). After the youngest has reached the mid point of the teen stage, your single Sim may then move in or marry one partner, if you so desire (this obviously isn't required). The partner can be anyone.

If your single Sim has a partner living with them either before the first birth or after the youngest is teen, that partner may keep whatever job story progression assigned them. If that Sim is unemployed, they must stay unemployed, but may earn money via opportunities. Do not roll for section D.

11-21) Couple - Your sim must obtain a spouse or partner to live with them in the household. The spouse or partner does not technically have to be the father/mother of the children, but they must be present in the household.

There is technically no restriction on "serial monogamy" here. If you really want to replace the partner/spouse with a different one, you may. This might prove inconvenient since the new partner/spouse must be moved in almost immediately after the last one leaves, and have the same career you rolled for the last one. He/she is subject to the same roll all-around, with the exception that if you roll perfect careers, only the last partner/spouse is required to complete that objective.

22-23) Mixed Couple - This roll works exactly like Couple, with the added requirement that the children be a mix of biological and adopted children. You must produce at least one biological child, and adopt at least one child. You may have more children than the amount you rolled for to fulfill this rule. i.e., if you roll for 1 child, you will have to have an extra child so you can have both adopted and biological children. If you roll for two children and have biological twins before adopting, you still need to adopt one more. If you wish, you may use a clone from the science center (Generations EP) instead of an adopted child.

24) Mixed Single Parent - This roll works exactly like single parent, with the added requirement that the children be a mix of biological and adopted children. (See "mixed couple" for more clarifications.)

25-26) Step Children - This roll works exactly like Couple, with the added requirement that the spouse or unmarried partner must already have one or more children who are not your sim's biological children. These children must come with their parent into your household. You are allowed to exceed the number of children rolled in section B when moving in the spouse (example: if you rolled 2 kids, and the spouse/partner has 3 little ones, you may take in all of them). You may also exceed the limit in order to produce biological children with the new spouse, but only by one pregnancy, and only if not having a biological heir bothers you. If the spouse/partner brings you less children than required by your roll, your sim must make up the difference by any means--biological or adoption-- in order to reach the total you rolled. The heir may be any of the children: biological, adopted, or a step-child.

27-28) Single Parent with 'help' - Your may not marry or move in a romantic partner. Instead move in a friend, sibling, cousin, etc. to help raise the children. The Sim you move in takes the secondary career; it's like playing the Couple roll, without romance. This 'helper' may have children of their own, but, like your sim, they may not marry or move in a partner (until halfway through the youngest child's teen stage, anyway; for more clarification on that, see Single Parent above). Any children the helper has counts toward the total number of children you rolled, provided that they grow up in your household, but their children cannot be the generation heir. So if you roll for one child, only your Sim may have a child in the house, but if you roll two children, your Sim can have 2 and the helper none, or they can have one each, etc.

All children in the house must live by that generation's rules. The helper may move out when the heir comes of age, but that is not required.

The option for a single parent to move in their romantic partner when the youngest child is halfway through their teen stage was a fairly recent addition. You may do this for the single parent and the helper as well, if you choose. Four older sims hanging around while the new generation takes over may be tough to manage, though, so keep in mind the option of moving the old generation out when the new one takes over... and the option of simply having the sims remain single/not living with their romantic interest, even after the restriction evaporates. It's all up to you!

29-31) Second Chance - This works like Couple, with the added requirement that your sim must have at least two partners/spouses over the course of his/her generation. The first partner must be in at least partner (boyfriend/girlfriend) status, and you must have at least one child by the first partner/spouse. The first partner/spouse must be moved in and everything. ... At some point after you have had at least one child by the first partner/spouse, that partner/spouse must go, either by death or break-up/divorce. Then, your heir must find another sim to marry or move in. If you roll for only one child it must be by the first partner. If you roll for more than one you can divide them between the two partners however you like, so long as at least one is from the first partner.

If you roll Perfect Careers or Fulfilled as goals, you may choose to reroll, since your partners may not have enough time to reach max careers or fulfill a LTW. But you may keep those rolls if you think you can manage them. If you choose to keep one of those goals, only one partner has to fulfill it, whichever one is in your control for the longest time.

You may use a mod to achieve the death of the first partner, if you've chosen to kill them.

For Secondary careers, roll twice, once for the first partner and one for the second.

32-33) Couple + Friend - Basically you've got the couple, and then you've got a friend/sibling/cousin/whatever crashing on the couch. Or living in a bedroom and contributing to the house like a normal sim, if you prefer! The non-paired sim can be in a romance, but may not move his/her significant other(s) into the household (unless the youngest child is halfway through the teen sta- *COUGH, HACK* blah blah). The friend works just like the helper sim in Single Parent with Help. All the sims can have children in the household, provided you've rolled enough kids. The next heir must be one of the prior heir's children, though, as always. For added fun, your sim might be the single one; maybe his/her live-in friends are the happily married couple! Ooh! What a twist! In any case, your sim rolls in section C for career. The other two can either roll in section D for careers, or one rolls in section D and one rolls in section C.

34) Single Parent with Double Help - Works exactly like Single Parent with Help, except there are two helpers, and none of these three can romance each other (unless the youngest child is halfway through the- hey look! a llama!).

35) Full House - In this roll, you've got your sim and three others. Yes, THREE others. All restrictions are off as to what relationship they are to each other. Are they all siblings? Two couples? Or does your sim have a harem? It's up to you.

If you roll this and five children, you may either re-roll for # of children, or re-roll family structure. Not both.

Two sims will take careers rolling section C, and two will take careers rolling from section D.

Is it any clearer? xD
Alchemist
#192 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 2:04 AM
Awesome, Becky! You did a great job cleaning that up.
Those poor rules have had so many contributors with different writing styles (and one with English as a second language), they were so jumbled. It's much better now.
Scholar
Original Poster
#193 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 2:23 AM
Thanks!

I'm looking at the other sections to see if I can group things together a little better as well. The rules are really all over the place.

Should we also add stuff like this?

Quote:
Your sim may have children outside of the household, if you wish. Only children raised in the household count towards the # of children you rolled. Only children raised in the household can be the next heir.

There are pros and cons to spelling everything out, of course...
Alchemist
#194 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 3:33 AM
Lab Assistant
#195 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 3:34 AM
The rules sound great, Becky! I'm looking forward to rolling for the next generations and seeing if I get any of the new structures.

Teal, my vote is Indiana. His name is just too awesome to pass up!

I finally have an update ready! It took forever, but hopefully it will be worth it. I'll be on vacation for a week in a few days, so I don't know if I'll get another update in before I leave or not. Anyway, here it is: http://tudorsimslegacy.blogspot.com...marches-on.html
Instructor
#196 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 4:03 AM
I would much rather have everything spelled out, because as much as some things may seem obvious, things just don't always click...

And I agree, hjax, I love Indiana's name too. Although, I wouldn't care either way, I like things being out of my control, so if I ever produce a stray uggo, feel free to force me to use them :D
Lab Assistant
#197 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 5:34 AM
You explained everything perfect, Becky... I kept getting funny looks whenever I'd randomly burst out laughing at your comments here and there. So excited to roll a new generation now! I guess I'm off to update my roller
Scholar
#198 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 5:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CyyKosis
You explained everything perfect, Becky... I kept getting funny looks whenever I'd randomly burst out laughing at your comments here and there. So excited to roll a new generation now! I guess I'm off to update my roller

Maddie, can you make it the same way you made the Pets one? Cause your Showtime version didn't work on macs.

Lab Assistant
#199 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 6:05 AM
Yes, I'm editing the Pets one to include SHT and the new rolls. The language I used for SHT can't be executed on a Mac which as a CSci major I should have known *hits self in the head*.
Scholar
#200 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 6:10 AM
Psh. If you don't have a mac, you don't care about them. It makes me, as a mac user, sad. T_T

But I forgive you cause you're totally awesome. And totally amazing for making the roll app in the first place.

Page 8 of 676