Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#11401 Old 15th Jul 2022 at 8:17 AM
I'm looking at all the Sims 2 magazines that came out years ago, and modthesims is in every issue. There are also very interesting cheats about the sims 2, I'm thinking of reading them again, maybe I'll rediscover things I didn't remember anymore.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#11402 Old 15th Jul 2022 at 8:41 AM
I always wanted sims magazines cause they often had extra CDs with stuff on it but I never got one
Forum Resident
#11403 Old 15th Jul 2022 at 2:14 PM
@KiraNettt I really liked to see what was on the cds and install everything xD
Forum Resident
#11404 Old 15th Jul 2022 at 7:57 PM
My mum's husband was telling mum about my new bathroom and how it had lights with dimmers and such, "so one can have [word that's basically a "cutesy"/silly expression for cozy stuff, and that just so happens to be what woohoo is called in the Swedish translation]. ...haha nah, that sounded odd..." Quite so, mate, quite so.

I am Error.
Test Subject
#11405 Old 16th Jul 2022 at 7:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KiraNettt
I always wanted sims magazines cause they often had extra CDs with stuff on it but I never got one

There are/were Sims 2 magazines???
Need more info!
Forum Resident
#11406 Old 16th Jul 2022 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by UnfocusedBunny
There are/were Sims 2 magazines???
Need more info!

I'll upload some photos of what they looked like. I think they were similar in various countries. They were official magazines, quite thick, at 6 euros in my country. With guides, sections with news, cc websites, tricks... I had a website and I managed to appear, thanks to that the visits increased a lot. XD What memories!!
Scholar
#11407 Old 17th Jul 2022 at 9:53 AM
"But you wouldn't do that would you?" - Maxis employee circa 2005-2006. hahaha, Oh that got me laughing!
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#11408 Old 17th Jul 2022 at 4:59 PM
I was always curious about the sims 2 magazines. I think they were around at the same time Nintendo Power magazines were. I was subscribed to NP at the time and saw an ad for sims 2 mags. Believe me. Magazines can get you wishing and looking forward to a lot of stuff that was coming out.
Field Researcher
#11409 Old 17th Jul 2022 at 5:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sokisims
I had a website and I managed to appear, thanks to that the visits increased a lot. XD What memories!!

OMG HOW COOL IS THAT??? I wish I was older to that time as toddler I couldnt follow that sadly
Forum Resident
#11410 Old 17th Jul 2022 at 9:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KiraNettt
OMG HOW COOL IS THAT??? I wish I was older to that time as toddler I couldnt follow that sadly

Well now I'm 28, I remember when I had my website I had just started high school. (It was a fantasy story made with the sims, a bit copied from Buffy The Vampire Slayer xD)
Test Subject
#11411 Old 19th Jul 2022 at 7:23 AM
Whenever I'm playing the sims 2 I can't help but look at the terrain textures and then look at the sims 4 ones and think "how did we go manage to go backwards?"
Field Researcher
#11412 Old 19th Jul 2022 at 7:33 AM
Sims 4 went with alot backwards compared to 2 and 3 XD wonder if Sims 5 will be in Sims 1 graphics again
Forum Resident
#11413 Old 19th Jul 2022 at 3:37 PM
I think EA will make the sims 5 a 2D game with 8 bit pixels and music and force you to pay to play online and charge you money to create a sim.
Mad Poster
#11414 Old 19th Jul 2022 at 9:58 PM
Actually, the joke about being able to play the game on a potato might be more realistic than anyone knows.
So much of the original gameplay from 1 & 2 is stripped away, you might as well play the characters as Mr. Potato.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#11415 Old 20th Jul 2022 at 12:09 AM
So little motivation... and it's not like I'm distracted by another game, since I'm struggling to find motivation for those too.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#11416 Old 20th Jul 2022 at 12:34 AM
Go birdwatching or something. Or swimming. Or draw something. Do something different. The games will still be there for you when you want them again.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#11417 Old 20th Jul 2022 at 8:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Actually, the joke about being able to play the game on a potato might be more realistic than anyone knows.

I like that you can play on a Potato since thats the only thing I can effort .-. Though Sims 3 for sure isnt a Game for a potato... at least if you dont want to burn it
Forum Resident
#11418 Old 22nd Jul 2022 at 8:15 PM
The song from the sims 2 OST "Makeover by Lemon Jelly" has got to be the loneliest and most isolating song I've ever heard. Whenever I hear it , it makes me feel like I'm in a ghost town and I'm the last person on earth. Especially how they ended with the lone harmonica.
Mad Poster
#11419 Old 22nd Jul 2022 at 8:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pianogrinder
The song from the sims 2 OST "Makeover by Lemon Jelly" has got to be the loneliest and most isolating song I've ever heard. Whenever I hear it , it makes me feel like I'm in a ghost town and I'm the last person on earth. Especially how they ended with the lone harmonica.

I hate that song for the very reasons you mentioned. It's a very depressing song imo which just doesn't quite fit in with the rest of the soundtrack that typically is tending to be more uplifting and motivating.

I tend to prefer songs like Lemon Jelly's "Sim Time".

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Forum Resident
#11420 Old 23rd Jul 2022 at 5:41 AM
After so many years I have ended up hating all the songs of the neighborhood except this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpxnAhHsyMs
Top Secret Researcher
#11421 Old 23rd Jul 2022 at 10:59 AM

Turned off music since a long time but that one I disabled first for the long single notes, sounds like tinnitus.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Forum Resident
#11422 Old 23rd Jul 2022 at 4:29 PM
That's why I replaced the OST with my own music. Almost every song from sims 2 I hated. "Makeover" being the most hated song because of the nature of how it was written.
Theorist
#11423 Old 23rd Jul 2022 at 5:34 PM
That's why I replaced the OST with my own music. Almost every song from sims 2 I hated. "Makeover" being the most hated song because of the nature of how it was written.

I dunno I just find it easier to mute the in-game music and listen to something else while playing then going through the whole dance of replacing the in-game music.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Forum Resident
#11424 Old 24th Jul 2022 at 2:01 AM
Here's a neat little trick that I learned on how to keep unwanted sims spawning on your lot the first time you move in a sim. Upon first arrival, the game shows a cutscene with the taxi dropping off your sim to the house. then 30 seconds later an NPC will show up annoying your sim or if it's raining will show sims weather reactions along with the NPC barging onto your lot. Everybody knows this right? ok. for this trick to work you need the right NPC blocking mod and visitor controller.
After the house cutscene immediately exit the lot without saving. Don't worry, your sim will still be there. Set the visitor controller to block all NPCs and make sure you have the blocking mod of whatever NPC you want to be gone. For example, I have a big problem with the matchmaker gypsy always showing up on move in. So I got the no gypsy spawning mod. I exit the lot without saving and go back in. Now the sim will start off by standing beside the road. Pause the game. Set you visitor controller to ban all NPCs and unpause the game. Now your sim will go into the house and no NPCs will show up. The gypsy would always show up right after and visitor controller would just boot it. But that just leaves you with an extra NPC in your game that is unwanted. By exiting without saving on move in and going back in prevents the gypsy from spawning at all saving you the trouble of unwanted NPCs.
At least that's how I do it in my game but everyone's game is different but this is the best technique that works for me.
Theorist
#11425 Old 24th Jul 2022 at 2:30 AM
Here's a neat little trick that I learned on how to keep unwanted sims spawning on your lot the first time you move in a sim. Upon first arrival, the game shows a cutscene with the taxi dropping off your sim to the house. then 30 seconds later an NPC will show up annoying your sim or if it's raining will show sims weather reactions along with the NPC barging onto your lot. Everybody knows this right? ok. for this trick to work you need the right NPC blocking mod and visitor controller.
After the house cutscene immediately exit the lot without saving. Don't worry, your sim will still be there. Set the visitor controller to block all NPCs and make sure you have the blocking mod of whatever NPC you want to be gone. For example, I have a big problem with the matchmaker gypsy always showing up on move in. So I got the no gypsy spawning mod. I exit the lot without saving and go back in. Now the sim will start off by standing beside the road. Pause the game. Set you visitor controller to ban all NPCs and unpause the game. Now your sim will go into the house and no NPCs will show up. The gypsy would always show up right after and visitor controller would just boot it. But that just leaves you with an extra NPC in your game that is unwanted. By exiting without saving on move in and going back in prevents the gypsy from spawning at all saving you the trouble of unwanted NPCs.
At least that's how I do it in my game but everyone's game is different but this is the best technique that works for me.

I'm confused...what on earth are you talking about?
Humble? There's a mod to keep him from showing up. No need to go through the dance you are describing here?
The Welcome Wagon? There's a mod for that too...

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Page 457 of 511