Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#7851 Old 27th Jan 2023 at 7:11 PM
I'm really glad you found another copy, @FranH -- what a close call!

I've decided to institute some rules in my Pleasantview-Strangetown to help limit population and thus encourage me to play it longer as there will be fewer Sims to manage over time. I'm using ACR, and try for baby is only allowed if someone in the household has a locked want to have a baby. Also, try for baby has to be autonomous (not selected by me) unless there are very special circumstances (like I really, really want them to have a baby). Otherwise, the only way to get pregnant is through risky woohoo. So far, this seems to be working out well as only the Burbs have had a second child, and Lazlo and Erin had their twins of course. Everyone else seems to be sticking to one and done. Even Cassandra and Don! (She actually wanted more children but didn't get pregnant--maybe Don went and got snipped without telling her?)

I've also decided that male alien hybrids can get pregnant. This makes sense to me since their fathers gave birth to them. Female alien hybrids, however, have a very small chance of getting pregnant (i.e., only through risky woohoo). I made this rule after Dina and Mortimer had their son (who does not look alien), but I figured that since Mortimer was a mad scientist, he had access to advanced fertility treatments. But the game laughs at me because Nina, Lola, AND Chloe all got pregnant by risky woohoo. Nina had Don's son and had to flee to Strangetown. Lola met General Buzz through work--she consults with the military on how to deal with the alien experiments--and they started dating. She got pregnant first, then they decided to get married. They had a daughter who does not look alien. Chloe got pregnant on a date with the townie Abhijeet Cho. Chloe has been crashing in the Grunts' downstairs office since Lola and Buzz got married as she has no money and only a low-level criminal job, but she really needs to find a new living situation because she's not only pregnant but she and Buzz absolutely hate each other.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#7852 Old 29th Jan 2023 at 11:56 PM
I've ended up loading Arbor Valley instead of Pleasant Valley and ended up adding a few items to both the service center and homestead.I'll be controlling the population increases in most of my towns by making TFB only non-autonomous in ACR and forcing me to manually direct them to do it when they were supposed to have a baby.
Screenshots
Scholar
#7853 Old 30th Jan 2023 at 1:36 AM
I rarely ever create Sims but I got a little tired of replaying the premades so I decided to create myself, my brother, his RL girlfriend and my RL friend. My brother didn't help me much in regards to his personality so I made it how I saw him *insert evil sibling laugh here* I'm really happy about how the Sims came out. They don't look like us but they sure do look unique!

I've played us for a while now and so far, my simself got married to Florence Delarosa and we both had an alien child each, of course my alien baby had green skin, no nose and human eyes and Florence's baby got all of the alien features with green skin.. Such luck! My brother got married to his RL girlfriend and have 4 children which isn't like him at all but shhh, it's my game! They're so adorable. My RL friend got married to a downtownie and they had 3 children. He was rather upset his sim version didn't marry me but I assured him that the sim world is full of endless possibilities, that there are parallel universes where he and my simself might get together.

I do regret that I created us in an Uberhood though. I'd have preferred just Strangetown because it seems to be a fitting place for me and my family. Thankfully, I loved how I created my Simself, family & friends so much that I've exctracted us all in SimPE and I'm going to clone them to keep them forever. I just need to note down all of the personality and interest points! :p
Scholar
#7854 Old 30th Jan 2023 at 4:12 PM
I thought it might be fun to update what's been happening with my Pleasantview-Strangetown families, starting with the two most iconic families, the Goths and the Pleasants. This is probably going to be long, so I'll put their stories under spoiler tags.

Mad Poster
#7855 Old 31st Jan 2023 at 12:19 AM
My epic battle trying to play with a new windows11. All my folder have been transferred to a new machine - TWICE1 This has caused a lot of damage to my CC. I re-downloaded some of my favorite custom populated hoods: two of them showed up with families on their lot - but the house was gone! Well, OK, I didn't like the houses anyway. Right now I'm stressing over the failure to get a camera mod - I've installed 2, neither works. Oh well, after not being able to play sims SINCE AUGUST! I'm happy I can play with my toys. Pleasantview "twist" is fun. But I just had eye surgery and can barely see this screen.Going to play Sedona anyway - got all 4 men and their 8 toddlers in one house...such fun chaos...

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#7856 Old 31st Jan 2023 at 1:24 AM
I've switched back to the modern game, and I did a naughty before I could even start-I didn't rename the folders, so the game loaded up a completely new instance, and boy was I ticked off at my own stupidity!

It took me about an hour to correct my mistake because in the process I deleted my damn folders in my modern game for downloads, etc, so I had to find all my backups (which I did have, thank heavens!) and put them bacj in.

I came back in tonight to the site so I can download some small trailers because I have a new idea for a neighborhood, "Whispering Pines" and I need them to work the neighborhood.

I love creating new neighborhoods because it's so demanding of my abilities to put them together.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Instructor
#7857 Old 31st Jan 2023 at 3:31 PM
Riverblossom Hills is an excellent neighbourhood to just get into for a short session and not feel too focused on to leave it when I have to shut down again and let Mr AnMal use the laptop. All my bachelorette challenge sims have settled in fine and made the good addition to the population I had hoped they would. I had some issues with pregnancies and trying for baby - first sims autonomously tried for baby via ACR but no one got pregnant, so I changed the ACR settings. Then no couple autonomously tried for baby at all, so I changed settings again, thinking I must have done something stupid with them. Then I directed a couple to try for baby ten times just to see if it worked and had no luck. Another couple tried, no luck there either. I took away the last mod added, had the first couple try again and they got pregnant at the first try. But I had forgotten all the changes I did to ACR, so now half the adult female population is pregnant, including poor Alexandra Teaherton! I might have to install that Jane Roe mod.

The good news in the neighbourhood is that their long awaited Downtown district is taking off. Arcangelo Busto runs a beauty clinic there and gives makeovers, heealth advice and a chance at plastic surgery for the very brave or desperate. His fiancé, Betty Goldstein, talked him into giving her the first go. He was a bit reluctant, knowing the risks at her age, but in the end he let her into the operation room and she came out looking ten years younger. "All my friends married young and got to be ideal brides" she says "I'm too old for that dream, but at least I won't look like I'm marrying someone half my age!" So as soon as the bridegroom-to-be had earned enough to get a better house, they held a romantic evening wedding with everyone invited and Catherine Viejo had to stand back and see her friend get all the compliments and the attention for once, which I'm sure was only healthy for her. And Betty fulfilled that long-time want of hers to marry a rich sim, and now she plans to carry her new husband off to Twikkii Island for some time alone.
Scholar
#7858 Old 1st Feb 2023 at 12:51 AM Last edited by sturlington : 1st Feb 2023 at 1:15 PM.
Here are the stories of the other Pleasantview families' progress, under the spoiler tags.

Lab Assistant
#7859 Old 2nd Feb 2023 at 12:00 AM
I have moved on to Bluewater Village. The Jacquet's are having issues with their business which just dropped significantly in its rating (I don't know why yet) but Gilbert's romance aspiration has been doing well. He had some fun with Breanna Custer and Trina Dalton but also a casual hook up with Nina Caliente. His mother wishes for him to marry into the elite/high society to further their social standing but also their business but Gilbert isn't really fond of that idea and just wants to have some casual fun at the moment.
Meanwhile in the high society, Malcolm IV Landgraab, who is friends with Juliette Capp (who is now the head of the family after she became an adult and her grandfather remarried to Dina Caliente) met Hermia Capp and it was decided that a marriage between them would be a sensible decision. It might not be love but they liked each other enough to see the mutual benefit of it for their families.
Also this round Florence Delarosa got a little make over and can't wait to start her at home business of selling flowers.
Scholar
#7860 Old 2nd Feb 2023 at 8:54 PM Last edited by sturlington : 2nd Feb 2023 at 11:19 PM.
Here are the stories of what has happened to the some of the Strangetown families so far in my game. The Pleasantview Sims are fun to play, but Strangetown holds a special place in my heart. I have played these Sims so many times and really love them all (except maybe Olive, but she's dead now anyway).

Mad Poster
#7861 Old 3rd Feb 2023 at 2:22 PM Last edited by FranH : 4th Feb 2023 at 4:12 PM.
In Whispering Pines, Geraldine Graves went to the meeting house to make a sermon and thus getting a charisma point for her job. Sammy McDonald and his girlfriend came into the building and proceeded to have public sex in the pew while the other congregants ignored them and listened to her sermon.

After speaking, she asked the offending pixels, "Was it really necessary to have sex during my sermon? Couldn't you have waited?" to which they said, "No, we made a bet with each other to see if you'd notice and throw us out. We won!"

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Forum Resident
#7862 Old 4th Feb 2023 at 2:54 AM
Tank Grunt has been wanting to get married since he grew old. He'd been involved with Bella Goth and Monsoon Neighbour, and between those two Monsoon was the obvious choice, considering Bella's aspiration and the fact that she would probably be as into moving to a small house with bright interior as Tank would be moving into the House of fallen trees. Other than Monsoon and Bella there was also Silver Ståhl, Tank's first date (and kiss) in early adulthood, who he hadn't really spoken to in a long time (she actually invited him to an outing on his birthday, but he was setting his party up just then and when he called to invite her to it, she wasn't home).

But when I was gonna call Monsoon over I started having second thoughts. No particular reason, I just wasn't really feeling them as a married couple even though I liked them a lot as lovers. It felt a bit forced. Plus, Monsoon has all his robot stuff I wouldn't know how to fit into Tank's small house. So I thought, I'll just wait for some kind of "sign" and go from there. The next day, Tank's phone rang. I kind of knew who it was right away. Silver Ståhl asked Tank on a date Downtown. I accidentally fastforwarded while waiting for the taxi, so he "ditched" her, but once they arrived he asked her out in turn. Then he took her home.

In hindsight it should've been obvious. Even their clothes kind of match.

At this point Tank wanted to get engaged with Silver. I asked her to move in first. She was still furious with Tank for "ditching" her before, so I was a little nervous she'd say no to a proposal, but I had Tank go for it anyway and she did say yes. A few minutes after that they changed into formal wear and had a private, nightly wedding. Silver was the one proposing the marriage, so Tank is now Tank Ståhl.

They celebrated with dessert.

After an extremely successful date they were both fully awake despite the time, so they spent the night just sort of chilling out.

I am Error.
Scholar
#7863 Old 4th Feb 2023 at 2:04 PM Last edited by sturlington : 4th Feb 2023 at 2:18 PM.
Here's what's been happening so far in my final two Strangetown families and with two of my absolutely favorite Sims, under the spoilers.

Instructor
#7864 Old 5th Feb 2023 at 3:23 AM
I was halfway through a long turn with the Roths in Riverblossom Hills when I had to stop playing. They were one of the couples who got oops-pregnant when I forgot to change my ACR-settings and the first thing that happened this session was baby girl Roth being born and getting the name Alexis. Right after that, the nanny showed up and the airport shuttle arrived - Stella, Morty and Xander were going on a long planned visit to their vacation home on Twikkii Island. There, Morty finally became a plantsim, Stella made new friends, maxed out the creativity skill and threw a great party. Xander dated a local teen boy and got a voodoo doll in a mysterious hut. They somehow found time for all the usual Twikkii stuff too, though they never learned to hula, and after all that, they still only had a so-so vacation, ackording to the game! Morty is aging to elder in an hour or so, and is close to red aspiration after a demotion, Stella is preparing a party and Xander is busy bonding with little Alexis and the new puppy. They are certainly keeping me busy!
Scholar
#7865 Old 5th Feb 2023 at 12:09 PM
I was playing the Pleasants, and Daniel Pleasant came down the stairs one night as a werewolf! It was a total surprise to me. I have a mod that lets this autonomously happen sometimes, but I didn't see him get bit, although he had been working out in the yard a lot. He is the first werewolf in all of Pleasantview-Strangetown. What a way to spend your elder years. I somehow doubt Mary-Sue is going to tolerate having a werewolf living in her pristine house, though.
Forum Resident
#7866 Old 6th Feb 2023 at 3:32 AM
I decided to create a new neighborhood, Frostwood. I want to play a modern Frostpunk challenge. More of sims dealing with a long-term winter disaster and have to rebuild their old town. But, there will be LOTS of rules. There are rules on when to use electricity, how to buy food, what to do for medical assistance, etc.

Didn't feel like a challenge. Just want to play with some interesting restrictions! Hopefully I won't lose too many sims.

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Field Researcher
#7867 Old 6th Feb 2023 at 4:47 PM
I started a new neighborhood called Lakeside. I'm using a combination of bin families and CAS sims to populate the neighborhood. I don't want it to seem like all the households are just starting out, so I'm playing some of them and getting them settled before starting rotations.

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Mad Poster
#7868 Old 6th Feb 2023 at 4:59 PM
I must explain the backstory about Whispering Pines-it's an island somewhere in the world, where 10 unemployed and formerly unhoused pixels were put-with a small college on the main land-they're all required to go to "Adult College" and take all of the courses, then afterward they can get the job of their dreams.
Simple rules-they can't get married until after they graduate, and they have to stay in college (earning a small stipend) or else risk losing their provided housing.
They're provided with everything they could want-a grocery store, amusement park, swimming pool, park with a lake, a church, bar, and cemetery, as well as a truck for transportation off the island.
So far, I've got 2 engagements and hopefully more are coming. Because this is going to take a while for the pixels to go through college, the town won't be growing while they are. Hopefully.

Scholar
#7869 Old 6th Feb 2023 at 6:25 PM
There has been a lot of scheming going down with the Goths recently. Dina, Don, and Cassandra were at a stalemate, with none of them willing to move out of Goth Manor. Well, Dina made the first move to break the stalemate. She found an unethical lawyer who was able to secure a divorce for Don and force Cassandra out with no money. Cassandra had to temporarily move in with Alexander and Jill. Dina's plan was to marry Don and thus doubly secure all of the Goth wealth for herself. Cassandra did not have a good lawyer, but she did have an unscrupulous boyfriend who is now a Mad Scientist. Loki whipped up a batch of deadly virus, and they paid the maid to slip it into Dina's breakfast cocktail. Dina became very ill and was unable to go through with the wedding to Don. Alexander actually happened to be visiting the Goth house to try to talk to Dina about the whole situation when she died right in front of him.

After Dina died, Cassandra took back possession of the house and kicked Don out. She didn't leave him destitute, though, but gave him enough of a settlement to buy back his old condo and have a nest egg for his elder years. Truthfully, I don't think Don is all that upset about how things turned out--he really didn't want to get married again anyway. Cassandra wanted Alexander and Jill to also move in the Goth house, but Alexander was very upset by the extreme measures she and Loki had taken. He decided to stay in Strangetown, but he did accept his portion of the Goth money and bought a nicer house for Jill and himself, which certainly made Jill happy. About this time, Laila decided to move to Strangetown too and finally marry Benjamin Burb. Cassandra was not happy about this, as she wanted Laila to inherit the house, and they had a huge fight--but Laila has to follow her heart, even if it means giving up her fortune. So it looks like Sancho will be the one to inherit after all, which I think is okay with Cassandra, as she didn't have any quarrels with Sancho and he is her half-brother and still a Goth by blood.

Loki was so happy about his success with getting rid of Dina that he made another batch of virus to slip to Circe and finally bring peace to his house as well.
Lab Assistant
#7870 Old 6th Feb 2023 at 8:54 PM
Strangetown just got added to my uberhood and I started with the Smiths. Since I have the additional lifetime wishes, PT got assigned the holiday memories wish by the game and I never thought of that myself but it is strangely fitting for the kind of alien culture I want to play. Him striving to experience all kinds of different sim cultures and thereby gathering knowledge fits well. Jonny is now an adult, a scientist and engaged to Stella Terrano. He is embracing his alien heritage. Jill (why the hell is she called Britta in the German edition?) traveled with her dad to the mountain range and then became a teen. In my game, since I reduced the teenage state from 14 to 7 days for my medieval hood and I don't want to change it back, she had to make a choice immediately whether to go to college or not and because part of Alien culture is to gather as much knowledge as possible, she went of course. She may look human but she is still culturally more Alien than human. Jenny is pregnant again and wishes to marry off six kids...well it better be twins, triplets or even better quads because she doesn't have much time anymore (8 days when she gives birth) before becoming an elder.
While visiting, Mortimer Goth got into a physical fight with Olive Specter and a verbal one with Nervous Subject. I guess I just found some drama within my social elite (Goths, Montys, Capps, Landgraabs, Specter-Nigmos-Subject and more when the next hoods are added).
Forum Resident
#7871 Old 7th Feb 2023 at 9:17 PM
In the Downtown collective, Neptune had a coupon for a free meal. She chose to take whoever in the household was hungriest to a restaurant, and it happened to be Samus Larsen. After the meal, the two romance sims found some time to do a little flirting with other visitors. Samus successfully approached Andreas Tinker, and asked him to come over for a date the next day. Neptune grew up into an elder.

Ripp Grunt in turn had a date, and wohoo, with Jenny Tinker.

I went and made some very small changes to a few of the Downtown lots. Most notably, I removed the dining area in Club Crypt O' Night. I kept one of the dinner tables and made it a bit more semi-gothic though, just for atmosphere. I cleared out the kitchen and put a single, tacky sofa in there. You never know when someone might want some privacy for one reason or another.

I took Bella Goth to Crypt O' Night afterwards and my changes had the intended effect: people were actually dancing and drinking at the bar instead of eating dinner all night lost to the world. Bella and Hector Nigmos became some dysfunctional dynamic duo for the evening - they were annoyed by each other but kept wanting to interact all the same. Bella also met Crescendo Neighbour and they were into each other. She was going to ask him out on a date the day after, but a mysterious disease she contracted when making medicine put her out of commission.

I am Error.
Mad Poster
#7872 Old 7th Feb 2023 at 9:30 PM
The constriction crew made some great progress on he build at Pleasant Valley's comunity service center and the hope is that construction os finished before summer is over.The Jankowskys also need to start building their house on their homestead before summer ends.
Screenshots
Scholar
#7873 Old 7th Feb 2023 at 11:25 PM Last edited by sturlington : 8th Feb 2023 at 12:04 AM.
Daniel Pleasant's transformation into a werewolf has caused an unfortunate chain of events in the Pleasant household. My rule for werewolves to make them more fun is that they do whatever they want without any care for the consequences. Daniel wanted to see Bella Goth, so he invited her over, and that made Mary-Sue extremely unhappy. She took Daniel's behavior and his clear desire not to be cured as justification for having him committed, so he was sent to the asylum, which is where Bella lives so I'm sure he wasn't unhappy about it. Mary-Sue now wants to drink Bella, but I doubt she'll be able to lure Bella over now and trick her into going to the cow-plant like she did with Kaylynn.

Anyway, with Daniel out of the house, Dustin apparently felt okay with expressing his great attraction for Mary-Sue. I didn't actually see what happened between them, but Angela sure did. So Angela had revenge woohoo with Tank, which Dustin walked in on. Now everyone hates each other. Poor Tank--I think he really regrets this affair, and he actually apologized to Dustin autonomously, but Dustin wasn't having it. It's a good thing their son Steven is ready for college so he can get away from all this chaos.

Which is why I love this game so much. Just when I'm starting to think a household is stable and happy and a little boring, the game tosses out something unexpected and throws everything into chaos again.
Instructor
#7874 Old 8th Feb 2023 at 12:25 AM
I've played Riverblossom Hills for long enough that it's starting to grow up! The first big change was when I added the downtown area, but the next big step was adding universities. Jacob Martin and Stella Terrano have managed to get through their first term and moved out of the dorm to start their own Greek house. It's a tiny one, and very, very poor, but Ithought I wanted the challenge. I thought that so much that I let Sandra Roth, Blossom Moonbeam, Jules O'Mackey, William WIlliamson and Klara Vonderstein do the same thing after their first term at Académie Le Tour. Oh my! No one has cooking points, they can't afford a better stove, they sleep in tents and have only their chess set for fun. They are dating their way through it all, trying to get date gifts to make money quick.

A third addition, not equally important but more important that it may sound, was that Daisy Greenman gave birth to a daughter and moved out to start her own life as an adult and a parent. She is a romance sim and immediately wanted to go on dates downtown. This led to the most succesful nightclub ever in any of my games opening - Plantbassed. It feels so much more alive and full of fun and activity than any other nightclub I've played and it's got what a plantsim needs, with sunlamps, sinks, hot tubs, and the dance floor surrounded by a pool. It's now the hip and happening place to go in Riverblossom Hills.

The fourth step in growing up is of course seeing the second generation growing up. Little Catherine McDermott, daughter of my bachelorette challenge couple Laurentina and Sylvester McDermott, grew up to a child. Laurentina must be feeling sentimental about it, because she immediately wanted a new baby and Sylvester was up for it, so there were lullaby sounds.

Here is young Catherine, jumping on her bed in the red room at Riverbend Hall - I'm a teensy little bit (not much, because I don't want to judge the looks of my sim kids!) extra pleased that she has Laurentina's elf ears.
Screenshots
Scholar
#7875 Old 9th Feb 2023 at 12:34 AM
General Buzz has passed away naturally of old age. I knew it was his last day, and it was his wish to throw a party, so I thought he could have a golden anniversary party, and if I timed it right, he could go right at the end of it surrounded by family. I didn't pay enough attention to Lola during the party, and she actually went off to work before they even did a toast or anything. And then Buzz died halfway through the party because I'm terrible at figuring out the timing of things. But it was still a good time. When Lola came home from work, she had one bad memory--of Buzz dying--and three good ones: she had a good anniversary party, she inherited money, and she got a promotion.

General Buzz was survived by his wife, Lola; his sons Tank, Ripp (who was not invited to the party), and Buck; his daughter Isabelle; and his grandsons Colt and Guy. Buck, who has been single all his life and has a thing for older ladies, already has the hots for Lola with Buzz barely in the grave. And he has a locked want to woohoo. So, yeah, I guess the mourning period will be brief.
Page 315 of 349