Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Decorative Parking Spaces - with random cars parked

by MogHughson Posted 18th May 2009 at 3:45 PM - Updated 17th May 2011 at 6:16 PM by MogHughson : Removed internal categorisation as a driveway

246 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 209 Feedback Posts, 36 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 10 of 10
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#226 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 3:55 AM
Thanks i love thisJust what i need
Test Subject
#227 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 1:48 AM
I Keep Get Errors Help Me!!!!!
Field Researcher
#228 Old 20th Apr 2012 at 2:41 PM
i'm a bit confused on which files i'm supposed to download. i have all EPs and i'd like maxis and custom cars to appear on the parking spaces. do i download both "decorative-parking-space-Mog-20090327.rar" and "MUST-HAVE-NIGHTLIFE-maxis-ownable-cars-Mog-20090327.rar." or do i only need the "must have nightlife" file?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#229 Old 30th Apr 2012 at 7:10 PM
I love this mod! It's one of my favorites and now I really love re-vamping those NL lots and building my own thanks to this mod!

It works great for me, but is there any way to get it to generate different cars? It seems like every time I send a sim to a community lot where I'm using this mod, several cars are the exact same car and they are right next to each other...which makes it look odd...and even more creepy than a deserted parking lot!!

I have several custom cars, but I don't have SimPE. So, I don't know if those cars work with this mod. *shrugs*
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#230 Old 15th May 2012 at 12:44 AM
Works like a charm. Thanks for your ongoing work to make the game more realistic for us. I love seeing which cars will show up on my community lots. I play the community lots a lot, and enjoy building my own, so this has allowed me to make a theater district, community parking lot, and bowling alley. I just wanted to let you know that your mod is still being enjoyed and appreciated!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#231 Old 19th May 2012 at 9:30 AM
Cool! :p
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#232 Old 2nd Jun 2012 at 4:53 PM
Is a good mod, And I have some lot type ideas (only car %)

-Pet shop (4-8 Pets-category items)
midnight-9am = 0%
9am-1pm = 10%
1pm-5pm = 10%
5pm-9pm = 10%
9pm-midnight = 0%

-Pet shop (8-16 Pets-category items)
midnight-9am = 0%
9am-1pm = 30%
1pm-5pm = 20%
5pm-9pm = 30%
9pm-midnight = 0%

-Pet shop (16-30 Pets-category items)
midnight-9am = 0%
9am-1pm = 40%
1pm-5pm = 40%
5pm-9pm = 40%
9pm-midnight = 0%

-Pet shop (30-50 Pets-category items)
midnight-9am = 0%
9am-1pm = 60%
1pm-5pm = 50%
5pm-9pm = 60%
9pm-midnight = 0%

-Pet shop (50+ Pets-category items)
midnight-9am = 0%
9am-1pm = 50%
1pm-5pm = 80%
5pm-9pm = 50%
9pm-midnight = 30%

-Furniture shop (4-8 furnitures)
midnight-9am = 0%
9am-1pm = 10%
1pm-5pm = 10%
5pm-9pm = 10%
9pm-midnight = 0%

-Furniture shop (8-15 furniture items)
midnight-9am = 0%
9am-1pm = 10%
1pm-5pm = 10%
5pm-9pm = 20%
9pm-midnight = 0%

-Furniture shop (15-40 furnitures)
midnight-9am = 0%
9am-1pm = 30%
1pm-5pm = 30%
5pm-9pm = 50%
9pm-midnight = 0%

-Furniture shop (more than 50 furnitures)
midnight-9am = 0%
9am-1pm = 70%
1pm-5pm = 70%
5pm-9pm = 80%
9pm-midnight = 0%
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#233 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 9:25 AM
I love the mod thank you so much! But I have one problem when my sim uses this he will get in the car and will not return back to his home! :/
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#234 Old 22nd Aug 2012 at 10:29 PM
I've been using this mod for awhile now and I just LOVE it! My favorite thing about building community lots or revamping them is making parking lots!

I'm finally getting around to following your tute (which is excellent) and making my copious amounts of CC cars show up. This might be a dumb question, but I am still a SimPE newbie. Do I need to change the values on the recolors as well, or just the mesh?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#235 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 8:19 AM
cool mog but i have a problem whenever i get out of the car it says there is an error or my sims just disappear!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#236 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 1:42 AM
These are simply awesome! Nothing looks worse than strolling up to an empty mall. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#237 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 12:40 AM
You ROCK!!!
Banned
#238 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 6:08 AM
This is cool, however I'm wondering what do those little floor sticker represent?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#239 Old 27th May 2015 at 4:03 AM
PLEASE HELP!!!

Okay, this is kinda weird and complicated, but I have Origin's Sims 2 ultimate collection and your instructions say:
Origin: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
Here's my problem: Sims 2 Ultimate Collection isn't under Origin Games, it's under Electronic Arts. So I tried to do...
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
But it didn't work. (Then I goofed by trying to move everything but that's another story...)
Will it still work this way or am I screwed because my game won't budge from the EA folder?
Test Subject
#240 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 9:56 AM Last edited by schwarzmage : 10th Jul 2015 at 9:25 PM.
Default somewhat the same problem for me
Quote: Originally posted by neonhorn22
I love this mod! It's one of my favorites and now I really love re-vamping those NL lots and building my own thanks to this mod!

It works great for me, but is there any way to get it to generate different cars? It seems like every time I send a sim to a community lot where I'm using this mod, several cars are the exact same car and they are right next to each other...which makes it look odd...and even more creepy than a deserted parking lot!!

I have several custom cars, but I don't have SimPE. So, I don't know if those cars work with this mod. *shrugs*

I have tons and tons of custom cars in my downloads folder form (wonkey / trezilla / vovilla / dr pixel / maximum spider / f- prince , etc) which I installed using clean installer.
I don't like maxis cars to appear because they looked ridiculous! (so im not using the maxis ownable cars mod to appear)
The thing is, why is it that out of my 500++ custom cars only 2 custom cars appeared? and its not random.
I tested going back and forth to the commercial lots and tried passing time hoping that randomness would kick in but it didnt
The same 2 cars flooded the whole decorative parking spaces slots in any of the different types of commercial lots I visited @ different times.
The parking lot looked so stupid and ridiculous Flooded with only 2 kinds of custom cars >> The 2009 Ford Explorer (silver) from F-Prince and the 2010 Ford Mustang Shelby GT-500 (silver / red stripes) from F-Prince. They don't even change colors as well even all my custom cars had all the recolors packages.

can anyone please help me with this.
Oh and 1 more thing, when I tried to remove these 2 cars I mentioned above from my downloads folder with the parking decor mod on, and then played the game,
my game would go "error" when I enter commercial lots. Then this dialog box would appear with options: cancel / delete / reset.
Test Subject
#241 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by schwarzmage
I have tons and tons of custom cars in my downloads folder form (wonkey / trezilla / vovilla / dr pixel / maximum spider / f- prince , etc) which I installed using clean installer.
I don't like maxis cars to appear because they looked ridiculous! (so im not using the maxis ownable cars mod to appear)
The thing is, why is it that out of my 500++ custom cars only 2 custom cars appeared? and its not random.
I tested going back and forth to the commercial lots and tried passing time hoping that randomness would kick in but it didnt
The same 2 cars flooded the whole decorative parking spaces slots in any of the different types of commercial lots I visited @ different times.
The parking lot looked so stupid and ridiculous Flooded with only 2 kinds of custom cars >> The 2009 Ford Explorer (silver) from F-Prince and the 2010 Ford Mustang Shelby GT-500 (silver / red stripes) from F-Prince. They don't even change colors as well even all my custom cars had all the recolors packages.

can anyone please help me with this.
Oh and 1 more thing, when I tried to remove these 2 cars I mentioned above from my downloads folder with the parking decor mod on, and then played the game,
my game would go "error" when I enter commercial lots. Then this dialog box would appear with options: cancel / delete / reset.

I discovered another problem, maxis cars in buy menu become custom vehicles. If u drive a newly bought car and then park it (with this mod on) in your residential lot you will get an error. The car will then become unclickable and useless.
Test Subject
#242 Old 29th Dec 2015 at 5:41 AM
Really sad cause only a few CC cars work without SimPE.

I can't use SimPE so I guess im out of luck.

Hai
Forum Resident
#244 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 6:14 AM
I see there haven't been any comments in a long while. Tried this out on two different lots, and had problems both times - I have Sims2 Ultimate from Origin (but I use a bypass) and a whole slew of mods, and apparently something is causing a conflict.

First lot, a Sim came walking into the lot in a crouch for no ascertainable reason, and stayed in a crouch the whole time. Second lot, nothing so weird...but both lots became overcrowded with Sims to the extent that I had to short-circuit the intended gameplay and send my test Sim home (used a different Sim each time, too).

Will try not using this mod, and putting a restriction on how many Sims per lot, and see what happens.
Forum Resident
#245 Old 28th Feb 2021 at 11:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Maven
Will try not using this mod, and putting a restriction on how many Sims per lot, and see what happens.

Tracked down the sources of both problems - they were independent and had nothing to do with the "Decorative Parking Spaces" mod. One was a child that had somehow gotten stuck in an adult body (don't ask me how that happened), and the other was a number-of-visitors mod that required further tuning.

What remains, though, is that the parking spaces are out of scale with extant parking lots, so only work here-and-there, not everywhere. (Do not try to use with Rapid Racers Roller RInk, for instance, without serious lot modification.)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#246 Old 19th Mar 2023 at 4:27 AM
thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#247 Old 22nd Mar 2024 at 7:15 PM
Awesome mod!
Page 10 of 10