Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Oct 2021 at 12:28 PM
Default Just a curiosity question on Mod Managers for the Sims 3
Hello everybody!
I am sorry in advance if I am in the wrong place. I don't post like, Ever.
I am heavily reliant on CC Managers. I usually use CC magic for all my downloading needs because it is compatible with MTS and this site is the best CC and MOD site by far! Now, I also have TSR CC Manager because I was hoping I could use it for this site too but no such luck (Please correct me if I am wrong). I was just wondering, before I start my game, with all my MTS CC on CC Magic and all my TSR CC on it's content manager, will/could there be a problem? I have a LOT of content, my beastie computer can easily run it, but I don't want to lose, corrupt, or frankly FUBAR everything I have done in the past 3 days. Yes, I back everything up, but honestly, I have downloaded all the Mods and everything I wanted and now I just want to play. No more corrupted files, no more looking up YouTube videos on how to purge computer crashing mods, no CC Managers conflicting with one another like three cats in a box with a dog and a snake.... That would be SO totally epic right now! So, just thought I'd drop a line to see if anyone had a wiki or a link that I can read up on it or maybe even knew a little about it and could shine some light for me. Thank you!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Oct 2021 at 4:14 PM
I thought all that the TSR CC Manager does is manage your TSR account downloads so that you know more easily what you have already examined, downloaded, or decided to skip. Does it really do more than that for TS3 content? The install procedure it includes seems to be all about TS4 (from what I've just read). Not so?

CC Magic is much more intrusive than that as its structure becomes part of your TS3 user game folder.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Oct 2021 at 2:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
I thought all that the TSR CC Manager does is manage your TSR account downloads so that you know more easily what you have already examined, downloaded, or decided to skip. Does it really do more than that for TS3 content? The install procedure it includes seems to be all about TS4 (from what I've just read). Not so?

CC Magic is much more intrusive than that as its structure becomes part of your TS3 user game folder.

Most definitely. TSR Manager supports TS3 and TS4, it has tabs for both in the latest version and troubleshooting tips for both on the help link. However, the more I use the TSR CC Manager, the more I like CC Magic better. I think I'll just get rid of the custom lots and worlds since they are the only things I can't seem to get working in the game and stick to CC Magic.
Scholar
#4 Old 19th Oct 2021 at 1:11 AM
In my computer the game seems to have a limit on how many script mods I can install. By using CC magic I can circumvent this problem. So if you have a lot of Script mods this is another benefit of CC magic.

I don't know about TSR Content manager. I would personally advise only one manager to maintain everything. It's just better for organization imo.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr