Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No more clothes changing at doorways

by MogHughson Posted 8th Jun 2010 at 7:05 AM - Updated 15th Jun 2010 at 12:36 PM by MogHughson

31 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
#2 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 12:42 PM
perfect! something that I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally need!

The end of magical Pegasaus's era through the world of sims
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 1:50 PM
This is an excellent idea. Actually what really bugs me is ghosts changing into outerwear. They certainly don't need to!
Site Helper
#4 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 3:38 PM
Just what I needed. Thanks for making this!
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#5 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 5:28 PM
You are one brilliant woman, you know that, right? Thank you so much for this!
Scholar
#6 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 7:39 PM
Since I've banished winter (my seasons are spring,summer,autumn,summer) due to the extra burden the snow puts on my system, I've had to deal with the program thinking the beginning of the second summer is winter and has my sims change into winter clothes! I think this will be just the thing to solve that problem.

Imagine a world without hypothetical situations
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 7:39 PM
I am absolutely thrilled and eager to get a chance to use this!!! This is what I have wanted for such a long time! Thank you so much MogHughson....you really are a brilliant woman, and so kind to make this for me, I really can't say thanks enough.
Test Subject
#8 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 7:45 PM
Wow, the EP Seasons how been out for a LONG time, and someone is just thinking of this now? All well, still a helpful mod! Thanks Mog!
Test Subject
#9 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 10:04 PM
Finally! I've been waiting for this. It gets quite annoying when your sim does that 360 turn into their outerwear-.- id rather have them stay in their everyday clothes !
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 10:54 PM
Thank you so much. This always annoyed me when they changed clothes when it wasn't even cold outside. =D
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 11:57 PM
*bows* Thank you so much for this mod, that changing at the doors has always annoyed me! Even had one household where sims would change from say everyday wear to outwear and back just to go through one door (and they didn't even go outside when they changed to the outerwear) annoying!
Instructor
#12 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 10:11 AM
This always bugged me! Thank you!

^_^
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 5:14 AM
Simmers worldwide are beholden to your brilliance and passion for The Sims. Ms. Mog, I salute you.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 3:52 PM
Thank You SO much - this has really been needed!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 5:31 AM
Oh thank god, I've always wanted a mod like this.

Nintendo Freak
Meet Me In My Next Life
#16 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 11:10 PM
Most of all your Mods I like and do use, but to be honest this one make no sense to me, why on earth would I not want my sims to change into the proper clothes when the season weather is cold out at the door?

It is already bad enough that they go to work in the dead of winter outside in their maxis work clothes. Perfect example is the "Ecological Guru " in the natural scientist career, they go to work no matter what the season is dress half naked with just a green leaf to cover private parts. I am sure they dress this way before Seasons EP was made. In my game they do show sign of freezing, because of it.

Me, myself and I ( lol ) would not want to forget or be "responsible" for a sims freezing to death. This is just my opinion, but to each simmer their own. But I thank you for sharing.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 11:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
Me, myself and I ( lol ) would not want to forget or be "responsible" for a sims freezing to death. This is just my opinion, but to each simmer their own. But I thank you for sharing.
That's OK Simonut. This mod was made by request for someone who wanted this specific behaviour. It is shared on MTS so that if anyone else wants it, it is freely available for them too. I agree it is not to everyone's taste.

I had fun making it, even though it's not one I use in my own game.

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Test Subject
#18 Old 5th Sep 2010 at 5:30 PM
thanks for this mod got really annoying when my sims were changing into coats and sweaters in the middle of summer
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 15th Oct 2010 at 2:22 AM
So if it's snowing outside and your sim came out of the shower, didn't change clothes, and went outside, what version would that be? Or would it be any?
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 1:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims 2 bodyshop
So if it's snowing outside and your sim came out of the shower, didn't change clothes, and went outside, what version would that be? Or would it be any?
All the versions stop controllable Sims changing into outerwear at doors. The difference in the versions is what happens to visitors.

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#21 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 9:07 PM Last edited by shmovese : 10th Nov 2010 at 9:13 PM. Reason: bad grammar sorry
Thank you for this mod. I personally prefer Version B because I only want to take responsibility for controllable sims. Its one thing to "manipulate" your sim catching fireflies in the snow .. the other thing to force my neighbour e.g. to die of freeze. Though I dont want to start an ethic debate. No - really not.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 10th Mar 2011 at 10:15 PM
All your mods are so practical, I love them; especially this one. This situation was becoming increasingly annoying. Seriously, my sims/NPCs were making me dizzy with those speedy spinning quick changes.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 6th Oct 2011 at 11:27 AM
I absolutely love this. It annoyed me when Spring would come along and the snow would be gone; yet they change into a parka...Looked odd. I hate to ask; but why any chance do you do request? (:
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 5:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ohdangshel
I absolutely love this. It annoyed me when Spring would come along and the snow would be gone; yet they change into a parka...Looked odd. I hate to ask; but why any chance do you do request? (:
I do - please follow the link in my sig.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 10:45 PM
If you happen to do request.. could you make one allowing sims not to change into activewear or w/e cuz I hate when I'm filming, I make the sim play backstetball, and suddenly they change and I gotta just say forget filming this part. Dx help?
Page 1 of 2