Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

(UPDATE: 24-MAR-2017) Cook With Any Ingredient (Wood Fire Oven/Sauna/Teppanyaki Grill/Baker's Station compatible)

by icarus_allsorts Posted 2nd Apr 2014 at 9:42 PM - Updated 26th Mar 2017 at 7:01 PM by icarus_allsorts : Mod Update

353 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 251 Feedback Posts, 101 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 15
Test Subject
#76 Old 8th May 2014 at 2:53 PM Last edited by K47H3R1N3 : 8th May 2014 at 2:55 PM. Reason: changed to feedback post
I love your mods and they all work great except this one! It's probably because I'm running 1.57, but I'd like to make sure it isn't something I can fix... When I click on the oven or refrigerator I get the normal menu to choose the meal and ingredients, then once I choose them my sim starts preparing the food. But when the sim goes over to the food processor he/she freezes, they just stand there indefinitely until I cancel all future interactions and reset them. So no one can cook. What should I do? Is it just not compatible with 1.57?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#77 Old 8th May 2014 at 3:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by K47H3R1N3
When I click on the oven or refrigerator I get the normal menu to choose the meal and ingredients, then once I choose them my sim starts preparing the food. But when the sim goes over to the food processor he/she freezes, they just stand there indefinitely until I cancel all future interactions and reset them. So no one can cook. What should I do? Is it just not compatible with 1.57?

Have you tried cooking without a food processor (try removing all food processors from the house and see if sims can succesfully cook)
Test Subject
#78 Old 8th May 2014 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by icarus_allsorts
Have you tried cooking without a food processor (try removing all food processors from the house and see if sims can succesfully cook)

No I have not, because I'm an idiot. Thanks, I can't play until tonight but I will try that and let you know the results.
Test Subject
#79 Old 9th May 2014 at 3:53 AM
Ok, I just tried getting rid of the food processor and then using the cook with ingredients interaction on the oven. the same thing happened, I was able to choose ingredients but when it came time to start cooking my sim froze with only their head slowly (and creepily) bobbing. I reset them and tried to use the cooking interaction on the fridge, but I couldn't select anything on the fridge, not even "have a quick meal" or "eat leftovers." Not sure what I should do!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#80 Old 9th May 2014 at 8:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by K47H3R1N3
Ok, I just tried getting rid of the food processor and then using the cook with ingredients interaction on the oven. the same thing happened, I was able to choose ingredients but when it came time to start cooking my sim froze with only their head slowly (and creepily) bobbing. I reset them and tried to use the cooking interaction on the fridge, but I couldn't select anything on the fridge, not even "have a quick meal" or "eat leftovers."

Another user did report interactions disappearing from the appliances but I could never recreate the issue myself nor trace the cause. But in your case, there is the possibility that the mod isn't compatible with patch 1.57 since that was before ITF, and there was probably quite a few changes to the code to accommodate the Food Synthesizer.
Test Subject
#81 Old 9th May 2014 at 3:36 PM
Another user did report interactions disappearing from the appliances but I could never recreate the issue myself nor trace the cause. But in your case, there is the possibility that the mod isn't compatible with patch 1.57 since that was before ITF, and there was probably quite a few changes to the code to accommodate the Food Synthesizer.

I guess that's it then. I'll just hang on to this package until i get a EP and I can use it. Thank you so much for the help.
Mad Poster
#82 Old 12th May 2014 at 1:10 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 12th May 2014 at 1:26 PM.
I am having a little issue here...Whenever I am prompt to decide if I allow or not said ingredient to be used by a sim..it does not tell me which ingredient it is.
So and so wants to prepare said meal with : allow, yes, no. 0_o
So..I just always allow it..without knowing what they wanted to use.
I also have a question...
If I understand right, sims can add up to 3 ingredients to a recipe?...so if autumn salade only requires a lettuce..I do not have to select the lettuce, I can only select..a tomato, a cucumber and an onion?..Or if I still need to select the lettuce...me lost.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Test Subject
#83 Old 12th May 2014 at 2:05 PM
does this work with cooking and ingredient overhaul?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#84 Old 12th May 2014 at 5:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Whenever I am prompt to decide if I allow or not said ingredient to be used by a sim..it does not tell me which ingredient it is.
So and so wants to prepare said meal with : allow, yes, no. 0_o

Were the notices for roommates or inactive sims? If no ingredients were listed it just means they were only using ingredients from the store, not from their inventory or the fridge so you shouldn't have to worry about it. In any case, I've uploaded a new version where these kinds of redundant prompts (where no ingredients are listed) should no longer appear. Thanks for the info

If I understand right, sims can add up to 3 ingredients to a recipe?...so if autumn salade only requires a lettuce..I do not have to select the lettuce, I can only select..a tomato, a cucumber and an onion?..Or if I still need to select the lettuce...me lost.

It's totally up to you, you can select lettuce if you want, if you don't you don't have to. (The "Autumn Salad requires : Lettuce" just tells you what the recipe USUALLY requires by the game, but the point of the mod is that you can ignore the requirement if you want to) Do note the 'weirder' the ingredients you choose compared to the original recipe the more likely the quality of the food prepared turns out bad so do be careful (like for example Autumn Salad, if you choose other vegetables besides lettuce it should turn out fine, but if you choose fish, steak and cheese then don't be surprised if the salad turns out horrible ;P)

Quote: Originally posted by visa2012
does this work with cooking and ingredient overhaul?

I believe so though I've never tested it myself. I've not received any reports of the mods conflicting so far.
Mad Poster
#85 Old 12th May 2014 at 5:39 PM
I re downloaded it, just to be sure...
It happens everytime, so with roommates and inactive sims.
Thank you. I get it now..
I understand why everything my sim would cook, turned out to be horrible. I was selecting more than 3 ingredients on top of that, without noticing that only 3 would get picked. oh well..his shrimps, pasta, garlic were very nice.

Test Subject
#86 Old 13th May 2014 at 12:16 AM
Ever since I added this mod, my sims wont eat any meals (dishes). They will go to the fridge, but just stand there with the plate in their hands. I've been playing UL, I haven't checked the other worlds yet, but I don't remember having this problem in my home towns. I deleted the microwave and brought a new one, but that didn't work, I even moved it to different locations on the counter and that didn't work either. I'm only having this problem when playing UL. I wasn't having this problem until I installed this mod. In your April 26th update, you mentioned that you corrected this issue, but I'm still having it. I'm using patch 1.67.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#87 Old 13th May 2014 at 9:46 AM
I re downloaded it, just to be sure...
It happens everytime, so with roommates and inactive sims.

Do you still get notices with no ingredients listed with the new version?

Quote: Originally posted by partyanimal333
Ever since I added this mod, my sims wont eat any meals (dishes). They will go to the fridge, but just stand there with the plate in their hands. I've been playing UL, I haven't checked the other worlds yet, but I don't remember having this problem in my home towns. I deleted the microwave and brought a new one, but that didn't work, I even moved it to different locations on the counter and that didn't work either. I'm only having this problem when playing UL. I wasn't having this problem until I installed this mod. In your April 26th update, you mentioned that you corrected this issue, but I'm still having it. I'm using patch 1.67.

The problem reported before was that inactive sims would not autonomously COOK which I'm sure is fixed. With this latest version at least I've seen roommates cooking without any problems in the University world. But you are saying your sims will not EAT meals? Or is it they don't autonomously eat the meals after cooking them (in which case can you still direct them to eat the meal) You mention specifically the microwave so is this only a problem with microwave meals?
Test Subject
#88 Old 14th May 2014 at 1:23 AM
Thank you for this wonderful mod. I've been using this mod for some time, and had no problem with it... except the food quality adjusting by this mod seems to be too harsh.

I have a plumbot with quite a bit of cooking experience, and he mastered nearly all recipes. Without setting ChangeFoodQuality to false, he produces perfect quality dishes even with the cheapest fridge & oven combo and 'buy from store' option. But if ChangeFoodQuality is set to true, he produces only normal quality dishes over and over, hundreds of times. (I use his cooking for my bakery, which is not exactly a bakery since there are no baked goods - only normal dishes.) Funny thing is, if the recipe ingredients consists only of fruit or fish, those dishes come out as perfect quality.

As far as I know, 'buy from store' option buys correct ingredients, right? So there should be no quality adjustment from this mod? I don't understand why this option lowers food quality...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#89 Old 14th May 2014 at 8:02 AM
@cuthbert: Issue should be solved in the very latest version, thank you for the report
Mad Poster
#90 Old 14th May 2014 at 11:59 AM
Do you still get notices with no ingredients listed with the new version?

No! All is well now. I do not get noticed about so and so I have no clue about..while my sim is fishing in town..and my roommate prepare meals without even asking ME! ..hehe.
All good...so I must have had the older version installed.
And now I read..another update? ahah. I got this one just now. I was bypassing the quality of the meal with adding herbs...so I guess I never really noticed..though how can you cook perfect meals, when stuff bought at the grocery are "normal" quality? Nori, rice, pastas,bread..chicken etc...it gives us a bit more work uh.
Thanks again, I really enjoy this.

Mad Poster
#91 Old 15th May 2014 at 11:29 AM
@cuthbert: Issue should be solved in the very latest version, thank you for the report

Oh wow, I was convinced that everyone in the household I happen to be playing was just too new at cooking to get their dishes above Normal quality and was failing to remember how much/long it takes to improve. Thanks for the fix!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#92 Old 29th May 2014 at 12:29 PM
Fantastic job! It would be cool to see an update for the Baker's Station from the Indulgent Bakery. I've been obsessed with it for a couple weeks. XD
Mad Poster
#93 Old 29th May 2014 at 1:02 PM
Okay well, I am back to "normal quality" after adding outstanding herbs to any meals...
Was working awesomely for a while, but now seems to have gone weird. Adding high quality herbs to any serving plates, does the opposite to meal.
If the herbs are higher quality than the meal itself after making it, it should increase the meal quality..unless I am completely wrong..it was doing this just fine, not anymore.
I'll see if I would have add any new mods after putting yours in, maybe something is conflicting.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#94 Old 30th May 2014 at 3:56 PM
Thank you for this! Now my vamps can use the kitchen again!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#95 Old 31st May 2014 at 3:08 AM
Okay well, I am back to "normal quality" after adding outstanding herbs to any meals...
Was working awesomely for a while, but now seems to have gone weird. Adding high quality herbs to any serving plates, does the opposite to meal.
If the herbs are higher quality than the meal itself after making it, it should increase the meal quality..unless I am completely wrong..it was doing this just fine, not anymore.

Are you sure you didn't experience this without the mod installed? I don't play with herbs much so I can't say from experience, but from the game code at least what you report will still happen in a default game IF the meal was cooked by a sim who has completed the Menu Maven challenge for the cooking skill or a Plumbot with the Efficient Chip. This is because when a meal is cooked by either of these type of sims the quality of the meal is increased by 1, but when you add an herb to that serving of food, the game will update the base quality BUT forget the boost mentioned above, possibly resulting in a reduced quality. From what I can tell this will happen whether you have my mod (or any mod for that matter) or not. Btw, the quality increase when you add an herb to a dish (if it happens) doesn't depend at all on the quality of the herb it seems.
Mad Poster
#96 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 10:02 PM
Oh..I see.
Both my sims completed the menu maven challenge. But this been a while now, this is not something new. The reverts back to "normal quality" is though.
If I ask my sim to add perfect ginger to a serving plate of good quality sushi for instance, it makes this serving plate "perfect" quality. At least, before..it did.
This is why I always tried to add the most high quality herbs to anything, unless the meal was already perfect. I am confused now..lol
I will experiment more.
Thank you.

Mad Poster
#97 Old 15th Jun 2014 at 8:01 PM
i'm pretty sure it's this mod.. when i have it installed, the 'have quick meals' menu on the refrigerator cause the food to show up twice (like two juices, etc). do you know if this might be an issue with the mod?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#98 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 9:04 AM Last edited by icarus_allsorts : 16th Jun 2014 at 11:23 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
i'm pretty sure it's this mod.. when i have it installed, the 'have quick meals' menu on the refrigerator cause the food to show up twice (like two juices, etc). do you know if this might be an issue with the mod?

You're right, guess I didn't notice it before since I was used to there being so many snacks since University. Will upload a fixed version soon. (EDIT: Ok, should be fixed now, thanks for the report )
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#99 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 2:11 AM
That was fast! Thanks
Top Secret Researcher
#100 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 10:51 PM Last edited by claudiasharon : 30th Jun 2014 at 12:03 AM.
I just put this mod in today and it works fine. However, the cooking and ingredient overhaul mod I use doesn't show up with this mod in my game. It was working fine before I put this mod in. Am I supposed to put this mod into overrides or something?

Edit: Putting it in overrides didn't do anything. It still won't show the cooking and ingredient overhaul mod from here.

Edit 2: Nevermind. Had to put the cooking and ingredient overhaul mod in overrides and your mod in packages and it worked just fine. Thanks for such a great mod!
Page 4 of 15