Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Rock TV

by artrui Posted 14th Jan 2016 at 5:40 AM - Updated 14th Jan 2016 at 7:28 PM by artrui

25 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 5:51 AM
That is very cute!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 6:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by amc462000
That is very cute!

Thanks for the first download, first thank and first feedback.

I'm searching for every new idea to deal with the Sims! To me this game's just like a tool. One can change and create everything he/she wants!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 10:10 AM
This sounds strange but do you think you can make it but silent so sims can watch it but there is no sound from it?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 10:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lioness21
This sounds strange but do you think you can make it but silent so sims can watch it but there is no sound from it?

Why make it no sound?

I'm searching for every new idea to deal with the Sims! To me this game's just like a tool. One can change and create everything he/she wants!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#6 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 10:49 AM
Cool
Test Subject
#7 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 1:12 PM
awesome ty!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 1:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by artrui
Why make it no sound?

Probably so that when you're playing an outdoor/nature only lot, there aren't any tv sounds up in the forest lol.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 3:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by starstrucksh
Probably so that when you're playing an outdoor/nature only lot, there aren't any tv sounds up in the forest lol.

That would be interesting. I saw also art installations in park with sound come out form different rocks or shrubs.
But I can try to check out the tunings of TV.

Field Researcher
#10 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 6:33 PM
Why make it no sound?

I did say it was strange...i have a world with a caveman only community and they get bored easily so if i could add a tv disguised as a rock that has no sound, it would just look like they are sitting around talking which their fun goes up.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 7:03 PM
I play the game mostly with out sound. So it don't bother others. I haven't noticed that.
Just checked the long tuning list of object_tvSurfaceLOW1x1_01. I don't find according script on sound or voice. Sorry, I don't kow how to disable it.

The Pathfinder
retired moderator
#12 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 7:16 PM
@artrui This is a really nice mesh,but does not fit our January theme,please edit the tag. Rules state: "Anything you read in books,seen in a TV show or on big screen qualifies. See full rules at front page.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 7:58 PM
excellent mod but im equally intrigued by those rock walls, where are they from? i've rarely seen 3D walls like that and they're amazing! future upload?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 8:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dangmal
excellent mod but im equally intrigued by those rock walls, where are they from? i've rarely seen 3D walls like that and they're amazing! future upload?

Yes, that's unfinished wall edit by me.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 1:16 AM
This will be great for medieval settings
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 9:11 AM
oh well thank you for trying, i can still use it in my caveman world.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 10:55 AM
I play the game mostly with out sound. So it don't bother others. I haven't noticed that.
Just checked the long tuning list of object_tvSurfaceLOW1x1_01. I don't find according script on sound or voice. Sorry, I don't kow how to disable it.

@lioness21: if one install a CC channels, which have no sound, that could work.

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 11:01 PM
I love all your stone and outdoors stuff. All you need now is to make some dinosaur appliances and you'll have a Flintstones expansion pack =)
Test Subject
#19 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 6:40 PM
This really rocks...
Yeah sorry that was a terrible pun.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 6:41 PM
@lioness21: if one install a CC channels, which have no sound, that could work.

um ok i would have to figure out how to do that first haha
Test Subject
#21 Old 19th Jan 2016 at 10:50 AM

If you can upgrade it to include more channels, you should be able to get the Fireplace Channel. IIRC, that just has a crackling fire sound, so it might fit with the forest theme. Also, I'm not sure if a TV this small can be upgraded in that way.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 19th Jan 2016 at 1:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Livin in Sim
If you can upgrade it to include more channels, you should be able to get the Fireplace Channel. IIRC, that just has a crackling fire sound, so it might fit with the forest theme. Also, I'm not sure if a TV this small can be upgraded in that way.

Where is the Fireplace Channel?

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 20th Jan 2016 at 4:04 PM
The "watch fireplace" action is include in the tuning of this TV. One should upgrade the TV to be able to see that chennel. Thank for the information from Livin in Sim.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 21st Jan 2016 at 6:15 AM
tks so much
Test Subject
#25 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 11:33 PM
I did say it was strange...i have a world with a caveman only community and they get bored easily so if i could add a tv disguised as a rock that has no sound, it would just look like they are sitting around talking which their fun goes up.
wow that sounds cool
Page 1 of 2