Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Curfew Police

by jonha Posted 22nd Jun 2009 at 2:08 AM - Updated 24th Jan 2011 at 10:45 PM by jonha

104 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 93 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Field Researcher
#26 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 10:18 PM
Nice. Thank you. Carrigon at Sims2Workshop has one just like this, also.

Poetry soothes the mind, art pleases the eye, but music touches the heart.
Field Researcher
#27 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 10:58 PM
Wow, thanks for making this. I didn't know that was in the game, and while I usually like to try things out at least once before changing it with a mod, this one sounds particularly annoying to me.

It's definitely not something they do everywhere in the US. It depends on the county and what silly little county rule they've made up to keep their teens from causing a ruckus. This kind of thing is more likely in small and rural areas and some rules get even sillier. While I do think most of the ideas for keeping teens "in line" are ludicrous, including a curfew, it's not quite as wide-reaching and oppressive as it sounds. I'm not speaking for other things going on in this country though.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 12:40 AM
the 'awesomemod' didn't work for me, so i had no idea there, but this is awesome, the day centric attitude they build into the sims games always bug me to no end.
TY TY TY TY TY
Test Subject
#29 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 12:47 PM
Thank you! I've had a cop disappear with my teen on the way home from curfew violation, (after waking the teen up from sleeping over at a house she had permission to sleep over at), so this will save quite a bit of worry.
Test Subject
#30 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 5:59 PM
Awesome mod. It really sucks that they would put something like that in. I've not even discovered the feature yet, but the second I saw the name of this mod I knew I needed to download it.

I would've died if I couldn't have had post midnight walks in my teens or been able to travel post midnight (too much of my life revolved around travelling to and from a city after midnight). Why is there such an unnecessarily oppressive idea as this going around in modern, stable countries? Even if there is a bit of trouble from the minority (hell, I live in Scotland, and go to Glasgow a lot post-midnight. If we can do without, any stable country can), that should be tackled directly rather than negatively impacting the civilised majority. Any, I'm getting a little side-tracked. Thanks, great mod.
Theorist
#31 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 5:46 PM
I did go WTF when I first saw these curfew things. What sort of boring town gives teens a curfew?
It's basic human rights to let someone out when they want, and my sims want their Sim rights. Thank you!

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Inventor
#32 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 4:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xledenix
american law is stupid
the goverment is scared of itself
glad i don't live in america

good mod, makes sence

This isn't every where in America, though.
I've never heard of any type of curfew where I live. Kids and teens are out as long as they want to be, or until the parents make them come in. You see kids and teens walking around after midnight, especially in the summer. I do kind of feel sorry for those who do have curfews. I feel it would be so restricting, but then I've never been bothered with it.

I love the mod, though. I had a teen sim who wanted to fish before 6 am, but I could never get him to do it because he had to be in from 11 pm to 6 am. That sucked, but he's a ya and has gotten that wish taken care of.

Panic! At The Disco ... I'm Down With The Panic!
My Chemical Romance ... With The Band Members.
My Secrect ... AFI's Miss Murder Is Me. Shhh!
(Avatar made by Me)
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 5:00 AM
Thanks so much for this mod. I thought it was a little stupid that my teen could live on his own but couldn't go outside at night.
Test Subject
#34 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 9:50 PM
Thank you, this mod is very needed...I was surprised when the cops dragged my teen away like that...even when she was in someone's house rather than walking the street. I don't want my Sims to live in a police state lol. I also like the idea of having an option to run from them or hide...or even to struggle and fight back. Thankyou again.
Test Subject
#35 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 5:43 PM
Yeah, well, where you live beer's an entre.
Test Subject
#36 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 7:35 PM
Thank You! It is the BEST hack! Keep it up!
Test Subject
#37 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 6:40 AM
Does this mod disable the function of policeman completely? Or only the part where they haul teens back to house after curfew time?

Life is never fair, and that's what's challenging...
Scholar
Original Poster
#38 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 8:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by littlz monstez
Does this mod disable the function of policeman completely? Or only the part where they haul teens back to house after curfew time?

He will still capture burglars and will come if you call him. The thing I disabled is that he autonomously brings teenagers home.
Test Subject
#39 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 10:20 AM
Its a good mod, but where I live there is a curfew and for good reason, if a kids out after 10 here, hes not fishing. But in the sims can't really make the kids party after hours or break laws minus the curfew. Oh and I worked grave yards shifts at a community gas station in that neighbor hood nice kids would not last after curfew lol.

Oh also note I live in county land in no mans land about 3 miles between two citys, and after 10pm you will see a sheriffs patrol car pass you on the street at least once every 2-4 mins, so kids getting busted out in the open isn't uncommon. Also note they send there helicopters out looking for parties in the desert, about curfew time, so for them they know where to look and when most the time.
Test Subject
#40 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 10:29 PM
Thank you soooo much!!

I actually liked the idea of my rebellious teen getting caught by police,but then it started happening every single night and it pissed me off. I also hate how the parents just lecture them and then go to bed. Someone should make a "ground" mod
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 4:51 AM
Thank you I have had one teen sim so far and that was extremely annoying.
Scholar
#42 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 11:11 PM
Thanks for making this mod. I hate the curfew and find it very unrealistic. And I hate when the parents get pissed at the kid while they would have been pissed at the cop for minding in their kids business. Now that would be a fun option. Especially when the parents are criminals themselves.

"When the moon is in the seventh house
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars"
Test Subject
#43 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 12:32 PM
Thanks man :D
Test Subject
#44 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 5:27 PM
Thank you!
Test Subject
#45 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 10:20 PM
Yay thankyou for this! my teen sim was over his girlfriends house but she wasnt there so he helped her mum out with her baby brothers then a police suddenly appeared from nowhere to arrest him. wth. definitely gonna download this mod...
Test Subject
#46 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 10:23 PM
Thank you for making this. My Sims are all night owls and it was a pain in the ass - especially since their parents in reality wouldn't give a hell about them being out late lol

Can you possibly kill the social worker too? I am SICK AND TIRED of getting threats. I can't get anything done. My Sims are all artists and readers and want to learn but every time they put in REAL study time they get 'lonely' even if they're happy. I Googled but can't find a social worker disablement. Disabling school would be nice too. LOL
Test Subject
#47 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 3:58 AM
Curfew isn't everywhere in the u.s.a. Small towns don't. I live in North Carolina in a small town up in the mountains and you can be out at anytime you want. So for me this mod is great. i never got the whole curfew thing... We don't have it and we don't have trouble with teens. I guess our teens are more responsible than ones in big towns and cities.
Test Subject
#48 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 1:47 AM
I just wanted to add my thanks, I had a teen sim who was living alone and supporting herself with various part time jobs. She got the find a fish extra credit assignment and the only time she could actually fish was around 6 in the morning before school. Two days in a row the police showed up as soon as she started fishing and arrested her for violating curfew dragging her back home where I'm not sure but either the police lectured her or she lectured herself. I gave up on the fishy assignment after that.

As for curfew in real life I live in Australia and we don't have any such thing where I live. In fact I remember one time when I was about 14/15 I wandered into town at 2am, stopped off at the police station to chat (because it was the only place open, think I confused the poor officer on duty) then wandered back home again.
Test Subject
#49 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 1:24 PM
Thank you for the hack. I live in Italy and we haven't the curfew. I was shocked about it. Probably the police could intervene if they the see the teen-ager in danger, but they don' arrest the teens. Of course the families don't let children unaccompained by an adult, but this is good sense, I guess. The adults have the responsibility of the minors, and if they are in danger, of they commit an offence and they are unaccompained, the parents could be incriminated for lacking custody of the minors.

Sorry for my bad English
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 7th Aug 2009 at 3:20 PM
This is just perfect! Great work! I use to stay until very very late with my friends around town and never a police has tried to send us home :/ I don't want my simmies to be sent either.

Thanks for creating!
Feel free of kindly correcting my spelling mistakes
Page 2 of 5