Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Meshing Toolkit - version 1.4.9 uploaded 12/20/2018

by CmarNYC Posted 26th Jul 2012 at 2:58 PM - Updated 20th Dec 2018 at 3:05 PM by CmarNYC

296 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 209 Feedback Posts, 86 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 12 of 12
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#276 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 9:56 AM
Thank you again Cmar, I am very new to modding and now altering meshes I don't think I could do it without your tools.
Field Researcher
#277 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 5:41 AM
Hello, can anyone please help me. I can't run the program. I was able to use this program in the same computer where I am trying to run it now multiple times in the past with no problems. I have seriously no idea what could be the problem. I already re-downloaded and re-installed .NET 3.5 and tried everything I could think of (such as running the program with administrator's privileges and such.) Thank you.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#278 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 11:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cows
Hello, can anyone please help me. I can't run the program. I was able to use this program in the same computer where I am trying to run it now multiple times in the past with no problems. I have seriously no idea what could be the problem. I already re-downloaded and re-installed .NET 3.5 and tried everything I could think of (such as running the program with administrator's privileges and such.) Thank you.

What happens when you try to run it? Did you reboot?

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Field Researcher
#279 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 6:11 PM Last edited by cows : 18th Feb 2018 at 1:47 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
What happens when you try to run it? Did you reboot?

Hi Cmar. Basically I click on the program and it does nothing. I already re-downloaded the program multiple times. Rebooted, and shut down my PC. I thought it was from not having TS3 installed, but I recently re-installed TS3 and the situation is the same. A couple of years ago I used the program to add preg-morphs to TS3 clothing; now I wanted to try my hand at converting TS3>TS2. The thing that puzzles me the most is that the program did work in the past in my computer. I will try to run it in my laptop. Perhaps there's something wrong with the 3.5 .NET Framework in my computer. I will come back and write how it goes in the laptop in a couple of days.

Edit: 17/02/17 - Hello again. Indeed, the problem is in just my gaming computer and the program works fine in my crappy laptop.
Test Subject
#280 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 2:16 PM
Default Error Message
First of all, thank you so much for creating this program!
I recently wanted to create my first own clothing (to be specific, a bridle for my horse sims) and use this programs Auto-assign Bones function. As soon as I select my modified WSO mesh, as well as my reference mesh and hit the 'Do Assignments and Save' button, I get this error message:

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at WindowsFormsApplication1.Toolkit_MainForm.AutoWSOboneGo_button_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8825 (WinRelRS3.050727-8800)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
MeshToolKit
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///A:/Programme%20(86x)/Electronic%20Arts/Die%20Sims%203%20CC%20Programs/MeshToolKit_1_3_0_0/MeshToolKit.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
XmodsDataLib
CodeBase: file:///A:/Programme%20(86x)/Electronic%20Arts/Die%20Sims%203%20CC%20Programs/MeshToolKit_1_3_0_0/XmodsDataLib.DLL
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
XmodsToolsLib
CodeBase: file:///A:/Programme%20(86x)/Electronic%20Arts/Die%20Sims%203%20CC%20Programs/MeshToolKit_1_3_0_0/XmodsToolsLib.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

What is causing this? And what can I do, to get it work?

Additional Information that might help:
- I have .NET 3.5 and 4.7 installed
- My TSRW version is 2.2.56
- both meshes have the same group count.
- I use Blender to modify or make a new mesh and then use Milkshape to convert the .obj file into a .wso file to be able to use it in Mesh Toolkit and TSRW.
- I get the same error message by every .wso file (no matter if modified or not) even if I just want to Examine WSO under TSRW tools.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#281 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 10:41 PM
TSRW changed the format of the WSO since Toolkit was written, and they're no longer compatible. That's probably what's causing your problem. As a workaround you could try exporting the package from TSRW, export the GEOM, do the bone assignments with the auto GEOM tool, and import the GEOM back into the package. Or if you can find an old version of TSRW (2.0 or so) you should be able to use the WSOs.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#282 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 10:02 AM
Thanks for your quick answer!
There is not by any chance a site with the older TSRW versions listed? (I always get redirected to the latest version)
Otherwise I'll try the other method you explained I have 3 different GEOM's one with _lod1, then one with _lod2, and one with _lod3. Is this the level of detail? Because I guess I'll then have to export and import each one of them right?

Thanks a lot for the help! Hope to get my first clothing working \o/
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#283 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 3:33 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 20th Apr 2018 at 4:04 PM.
Well, um. I downloaded the latest TSRW (2.2.59) and the TS3 WSO meshes I export from that work fine with Toolkit. I don't have a good explanation - either they're using the old WSO format now for TS3 stuff for compatibility but Milkshape is exporting a different version of WSO, or I was mistaken about the format change despite seeing posts complaining about it. Anyways, first you could just update your TSRW but I doubt that's the problem. Then you can check that the TSRW Milkshape plugin is exporting the right version of WSO by replacing them with the old plugins I've attached below. And make sure your mesh includes all 5 groups: base, fat, fit, thin, pregnant. If that doesn't help, please attach a zip of the custom and reference WSO meshes you're trying to use.

Edit: I tried exporting a WSO for a TS4 mesh and yes, there's a new format but they're using the old one for TS3. And the Milkshape plugins work for the TS3 version but not the TS4 version.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Milkshape WSO plugins old 10-23-2012.zip (77.7 KB, 42 downloads)

Test Subject
#284 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 6:44 PM
To use the 'Add Morphs to Clothing/Hair' tab;

Select the package,
Select your source - in your case 'Use GEOM Morph Meshes' - a list of lods should show up in the box underneath,
Select which morph you're adding,
Select the morph mesh(es) for each lod. Clothing starts with lod1,
When the meshes are all loaded, click 'Add Morph to Package',
Click either 'Save Package' or 'Save as New Package' to save your work,
Click 'Close Package' or close Mesh Toolkit.

I'm sorry if the Autocreate Morph BGEO isn't working - that's probably a bug. I've been working on a new version of Toolkit for some time and that's been corrected. I really have to get around to finishing it up and uploading it.

I know it's been many years now, but is there any chance you could upload that new version of Toolkit or source even if it's not yet complete? The Autocreate Morph BGEO was the feature that I was looking for and alas, the "select file" button does not work
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#285 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shadowlord
I know it's been many years now, but is there any chance you could upload that new version of Toolkit or source even if it's not yet complete? The Autocreate Morph BGEO was the feature that I was looking for and alas, the "select file" button does not work

I've uploaded the latest version of this tool, and thanks for reminding me after all this time! Embarrassingly I've forgotten the details of this project, including that there doesn't seem to be an "Autocreate Morph BGEO" function - maybe it's the Autocreate Morph Mesh tab? If for some reason you need a BGEO you can create the morph meshes and then create a BGEO from them.

Field Researcher
#286 Old 15th Feb 2019 at 4:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tyraKeiraSims
I get the "You have not selected a valid mesh with a base meshgroup." error as well when using a mesh imported from Milkshape. When I try to import the wso file edited in blender, I get

This happens even if I dont change the mesh at all, just import to blender/milkshape and then save as wso file. I feel like I'm doing a noob mistake but I have no idea what's going on here.

I know this is late but my answer might help others. I was using this with some clothing for Sims 3 that I made and had exported each morph as its own separate file: base, fat, thin, fit, and special. When I loaded the base mesh I could transfer the bones, no problem. But, if I loaded, for instance, the fat morph, I got the same error as you did. Seems the only mesh that can be assigned bones is the base mesh. Well, the other morphs need bones assigned, too. The answer to that, at least for me, was to go to the Auto-create Morphs tab, load my groups_base file that I just assigned bones to, and use Meshing Toolkit to make the other morphs. All morphs, including the pregnancy morph, will be made and the bones will be transferred as well, too. In other words, this tool is so amazing that all you need to do is make your base mesh and Meshing Toolkit will do everything but make your textures and package it all into a package or Sims3Pack file for you.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#287 Old 15th Feb 2019 at 4:22 AM
Just discovered this tool and seriously wondering where it's been all my life! Quick question: does this work for objects or just CAS items? Particularly, does it work for items such as stoves and fridges that tend to have a lot of joint assignments since sims interact with them?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#288 Old 15th Feb 2019 at 5:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mirabellarose
Just discovered this tool and seriously wondering where it's been all my life! Quick question: does this work for objects or just CAS items? Particularly, does it work for items such as stoves and fridges that tend to have a lot of joint assignments since sims interact with them?

This is strictly for CAS items, sorry.

Lab Assistant
#289 Old 22nd Jul 2020 at 11:10 PM
Pardon to bother, but I'm having a small issue using the seam fixer in the tsrw auto tools. Trying to fix a mesh in an agegroup outside of YA-A results in an error for invalid age/gender, I.E. trying to fix a mesh for elders, picking the correct dropdown selections for that mesh (elder, female, LOD1) , and then that error pops up.

Is it something to do with the WSO format? I saw some other posts mentioning it still being an issue but even when I went back to an older version of workshop before the sims 4 update for it (2.0.88) and re exported the file and stripped it back down to just the base group it still popped up as an error.

*flops about like a fish*
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#290 Old 22nd Jul 2020 at 11:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hydrasis
Pardon to bother, but I'm having a small issue using the seam fixer in the tsrw auto tools. Trying to fix a mesh in an agegroup outside of YA-A results in an error for invalid age/gender, I.E. trying to fix a mesh for elders, picking the correct dropdown selections for that mesh (elder, female, LOD1) , and then that error pops up.

Is it something to do with the WSO format? I saw some other posts mentioning it still being an issue but even when I went back to an older version of workshop before the sims 4 update for it (2.0.88) and re exported the file and stripped it back down to just the base group it still popped up as an error.

I made this tool so long ago that you probably know more about it than I remember, lol. I'll take a look and let you know if I find the problem.

Lab Assistant
#291 Old 23rd Jul 2020 at 12:22 AM
I made this tool so long ago that you probably know more about it than I remember, lol. I'll take a look and let you know if I find the problem.

Oh dear. xD Hopefully you can find what it is since the tool is a great help and time saver. If not then at least it can be fixed manually (tedious as it is =w=;.

*flops about like a fish*
Test Subject
#292 Old 13th Nov 2020 at 1:34 AM
When trying to auto-assign bones to .wso files, I keep getting the "you have not selected a valid mesh with a base mesh group error", and when auto-assigning bones to .simgeom files, I get this long error. can't copy and paste it for some reason so image below. any help would be appreciated! I'm using Blender 2.83 and Milkshape to convert the extracted reference mesh files from TSRW to GEOM and wso file types.
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#293 Old 13th Nov 2020 at 4:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CBC Strangetown
When trying to auto-assign bones to .wso files, I keep getting the "you have not selected a valid mesh with a base mesh group error", and when auto-assigning bones to .simgeom files, I get this long error. can't copy and paste it for some reason so image below. any help would be appreciated! I'm using Blender 2.83 and Milkshape to convert the extracted reference mesh files from TSRW to GEOM and wso file types.

What that error tells me is that it's trying to load a geom that's corrupted or empty or otherwise unreadable. It's probably faulty CC. As for the WSO error, I have no idea without seeing the files you're working with and knowing exactly what you did.

Test Subject
#294 Old 22nd Aug 2021 at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hydrasis

Same problem. Seam Fixer for GEOM doesn't work with female teens and all elders; Seam Fixer for WSO doesn't work with female teens, all elders and toddlers, shows an error like "Invalid age/gender selected: TFLOD1". I really hope you'll find out what causes the problem, these tools save so much time.
Lab Assistant
#295 Old 20th Nov 2021 at 9:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thornowl
Same problem. Seam Fixer for GEOM doesn't work with female teens and all elders; Seam Fixer for WSO doesn't work with female teens, all elders and toddlers, shows an error like "Invalid age/gender selected: TFLOD1". I really hope you'll find out what causes the problem, these tools save so much time.

I am also experiencing this problem.
Instructor
#296 Old 20th Jan 2022 at 1:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emcinto0
I am also experiencing this problem.

Yes, same here - using the Auto tools for WSO seam fixer with an elder female mesh gives an error 'Invalid age/gender selected EFLOD1.

Duh and/or Hello!
(simblr)
Test Subject
#297 Old 10th Mar 2023 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by k2m1too
Yes, same here - using the Auto tools for WSO seam fixer with an elder female mesh gives an error 'Invalid age/gender selected EFLOD1.

me too mlod and llod do not work for me at all for all genders. really sucks.
Page 12 of 12