Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 5:03 PM Last edited by Softlism : 13th Jul 2021 at 3:28 PM. Reason: Clarified my question

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default [SOLVED?] Is it safe to change the age of certain NPCs while keeping their jobs?
For example, I want to transform Teen newspaper deliverers and some of the Teen cashiers into Adults or Young Adults and a bartender into a Teen, while keeping their jobs.

I'm already aware that I should not touch certain NPCs like social worker or repo man.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Softlism
For example, I want to transform Teen newspaper deliverers and some of the Teen cashiers into Adults or Young Adults and a bartender into a Teen

I'm already aware that I should not touch certain NPCs like social worker or repo man.

For teens its best to send them to a UNI and let the game age them up, that is if you don't want them to be still doing there job.
As for them keeping there job if you age them up it may or may not change. (Never done it.)

As for a adult to teen should be okay to do but they may lose there job. (Never done it so really can not tell you.)

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 10:31 PM
Cashiers, bartenders, and other service NPCs are safe to fiddle with, but certain jobs are linked to certain ages and you'd have to work to have an adult cashier or a teen barista, using a mod or editing tool to assign the job, and who knows what problems might be caused by that? I suggest experimenting in a test hood, or if you are interested in doing this due to specific sims, to make a back up of the neighborhood before trying it out.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#4 Old 2nd Jul 2021 at 3:16 AM
I've aged a mail carrier to elder, later turned him to a zombie. I've also aged paper carriers to adult, then elders. In all cases, they kept right on doing their jobs. If there was any corruption, I saw no sign of it and kept playing the neighborhood for several more generations until I ran out of sims (thanks to norespawn mods). Hoodchecker wasn't an option for me, but use it if you can, just in case.
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Jul 2021 at 3:28 PM
I just tried out aging up newspaper deliverers and cashiers from Teen to Adult in an old hood, and they remained functional! Now I have to look for uniforms for other age groups
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 15th Jul 2021 at 11:40 PM
I saw in Cindy's game (Pleasantsims) who was using the NPC age mod that her cashiers turned into adults and kept right on working. So along with what has been said above they do appear to keep their jobs.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~