Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hysterical Paroxysm's Sundress as Maternity REPLACEMENT

by gwillewyn Posted 5th Jul 2007 at 5:17 PM - Updated 11th Jul 2007 at 1:57 PM by gwillewyn

83 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 78 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Test Subject
#51 Old 27th Nov 2007 at 4:39 AM
hi, I love your work!!! But I have a problem. It's the same that lightmylamb had, so if you, or anyone else, knows how to solve it I'll be grateful. Resuming, the problem is that the recolours works, but they're put over maxis mesh for maternity clothes. No other maternity replacements in the game.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#52 Old 27th Nov 2007 at 8:24 AM
dnog86 - did you put the mesh for this in a subfolder? If so, take it out and put it in your main downloads folder.

Did you go follow the directions and download the mesh? Should have asked that first, huh

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
#53 Old 27th Nov 2007 at 7:28 PM
As I had put the mesh in a subfolder, I follow your advise and changed it to my main downloads folder. I followed the directions and downloaded the mesh and recolours plus the replacement file, but it doesn't work yet. Thanks for your help ^__^.

By the way, I put both files, replacement and mesh, in my main downloads folder, and the recolours in saved sims.
Scholar
#54 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 9:09 PM
I don't think this issue has anything to do with where you put the files. It worked perfectly before I installed BV. Still waiting for an update Please, please, please...

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Test Subject
#55 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 10:57 PM
I made it worked with Insimenator (last update for BV). So the only thing I did was to use the Insimenator. My pregnant sim bought clothes for pregnant sims, as the ones of this post, and after that, I made her to put them on her (with the Insimenator again, since I have it in spanish I don´t know how are the names for the paths in english, use the Wardrobe (?) mod). Be careful with the clothes, because not all of them come for pregnant sims explicit in Insimenator. For this dresses look in casual sections, although it looks like if your sim wasn't pregnant, after you choose it, she will look lovely pregnant. My english is not really good, so if I didn't explain myself clearly, you can post your questions here that I'll be going by usually in order to help you. ^__^
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#56 Old 3rd Dec 2007 at 2:03 AM
I find this odd, as I have BV and these replacements have worked perfectly for me. Not a spot of bother. *shrug*

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Field Researcher
#57 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 7:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gwillewyn
If you have the MESH_tmo-Default-PregMorph_afBodyMaternityShirtPants.package from that thread installed it will conflict. It replaces the same mesh. The others should be compatible.
You can never have more than one replacement set of the same file in the game at any time.

Well Thanks! (Im Tiffanielovesthesims I gave up that account )
Should I delete the PregMorph_afBodyMaternityShirtPants.package from my downloads? These are awesome!

98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this in your siggy.
(()) Pass this ribbon around if you have or know someone with an illness and together, WE CAN
//\\ CONQUER IT!!!
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 12:25 PM
I like! A much needed default replacement. I had asked on here a year or more ago if someone could take the maxis version and just recolor them into normal jeans and solid or cool print tops, as the mesh doesn't bother me as much as the hideous colors. But, as no one seemed to take me up on that suggestion, I like your replacement just as much!
Test Subject
#59 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 10:53 PM
Anything for teens?
Test Subject
#60 Old 4th Jan 2008 at 8:24 PM
I love this replacement it's so much nicer than the maxis stuff. I also have BV installed and no major problems. There is one thing I want to ask about.

I know it picks random from the 9 dresses but my game uses the same dress over and over the blue and red one. Any suggestions as to why?

Thanks

~Vanilla~
Field Researcher
#61 Old 5th Jan 2008 at 12:13 AM
Will these work in The Sims™ Pet Stories?

98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this in your siggy.
(()) Pass this ribbon around if you have or know someone with an illness and together, WE CAN
//\\ CONQUER IT!!!
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 10:11 PM
thank you so much! the Maxis maternity wear was awful, and these dresses are so pretty!
Test Subject
#63 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 6:45 AM Last edited by celestejwilliams : 1st Jun 2008 at 3:37 AM.
Hi!

I love this idea, because as most other posters have mentioned the Maxis maternity wear was hideous.

Only one small problem, all my pregnant sims are wearing the same dress. Its the blue dress with the little red bears on it. How do I change/fix this so it is random?

I have all the EP and SP except the holiday ones.
Test Subject
#64 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 6:10 PM
Thanks so much! The default maternity outfits are UGLY!!! My sims needed new maternity clothes anyway.

X♥X Precious... Precious Little Princess X♥X

♥ Riccardo x Dana♥Daniella x Dana ♥

♥ デイナ ♥

♥ Chocolate eyes, moonlit skin, and a cold smile. The beautiful princess of the night. ♥
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 29th Jul 2008 at 8:42 PM
ooh, thanks!
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 10:26 PM
Thanks. On my father's laptop I use Pregnant Wear Any Outfit Hack, but on my PC it doesn't works (maybe cause I don't have Seasons here?). So I've installed Your pregnant replacement here on my PC and I can enjoy well dressed pregnancies Thank you very much
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vanilla_Sim
I know it picks random from the 9 dresses but my game uses the same dress over and over the blue and red one. Any suggestions as to why?

Thanks
If I could add something, for me it works good. One pregnant sim is wearing the black one dress, and another blue-red. I'll test it on other pregnancies, if I'll have them Now one will be getting married
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 2nd Dec 2008 at 10:48 PM
i'm having some problems mentioned here. i have base, nightlife, ofb, seasons, ft, and al installed, plus all stuff packs (minus mansions and gardens, and all holiday ep/sp). as well as the hack that replaces all maxis clothes to have the preg-morphs. here are my problems.
when the sim is changed into maternity (whether she is popping or i tell her to) the colors and length the dress would be are correct, but i guess it is still using the maxis maternity mesh? i have a picture...(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...nityproblem.png)
i am about to re download everything mentioned in the post.
Test Subject
#69 Old 5th May 2009 at 9:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PaintedRain
i'm having some problems mentioned here. i have base, nightlife, ofb, seasons, ft, and al installed, plus all stuff packs (minus mansions and gardens, and all holiday ep/sp). as well as the hack that replaces all maxis clothes to have the preg-morphs. here are my problems.
when the sim is changed into maternity (whether she is popping or i tell her to) the colors and length the dress would be are correct, but i guess it is still using the maxis maternity mesh? i have a picture...(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...nityproblem.png)
i am about to re download everything mentioned in the post.

That's the exact same problem I'm having. I downloaded HP's stuff, downloaded this, and when I went into my game, my pregnant sim looked exactly like yours does in that screenshot. It's been a long time since anyone's posted in here, so if anyone notices this and somehow comes up with a solution, that'd be great. I'm so tired of the regular maxis stuff, and these replacements would have been perfect.
Test Subject
#70 Old 22nd May 2009 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shylonermisfit
That's the exact same problem I'm having. I downloaded HP's stuff, downloaded this, and when I went into my game, my pregnant sim looked exactly like yours does in that screenshot. It's been a long time since anyone's posted in here, so if anyone notices this and somehow comes up with a solution, that'd be great. I'm so tired of the regular maxis stuff, and these replacements would have been perfect.

Anyone find a way to fix this yet? I really don't want to have to delete it. But I have all eps except AL, and I think it just doesn't work with BV like everyone says.
Test Subject
#71 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 2:48 PM
I'm having the same problem as luvnevawantdher and I would really love to be able to use these, because I think this is a fantastic idea.
Test Subject
#72 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 5:53 AM Last edited by kkkayleighh : 15th Jun 2009 at 6:12 AM.
Those of you who are having this problem: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...nityproblem.png
Please note that you CAN NOT have these replacements: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=237740
In your game with this replacement!!! They are conflicting mesh replacements and CAN NOT be used together! You must have ONE OR THE OTHER. You can have the replacements for all except for the Maxis maternity wear. You must search for and DELETE the file called "MESH_tmo-Default-PregMorph_afBodyMaternityShirtPants.package" from your Downloads folder in order for this to work correctly!
Test Subject
#73 Old 1st Oct 2009 at 5:33 PM
thanks so much, i have been looking for this for aaaaaages
Test Subject
#74 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 11:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kkkayleighh
Those of you who are having this problem: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...nityproblem.png
Please note that you CAN NOT have these replacements: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=237740
In your game with this replacement!!! They are conflicting mesh replacements and CAN NOT be used together! You must have ONE OR THE OTHER. You can have the replacements for all except for the Maxis maternity wear. You must search for and DELETE the file called "MESH_tmo-Default-PregMorph_afBodyMaternityShirtPants.package" from your Downloads folder in order for this to work correctly!

Just dropping in to report that I have the same problem that everyone else has mentioned (sundress textures on maxis mesh). So, as suggested I have searched with the Download Organizer, but it turns out that I DO NOT have MESH_tmo-Default-PregMorph_afBodyMaternityShirtPants.package in my Downloads, nor any other meshes that replace maternity wear. I have no maternity hacks, and I do not have BV (the only EPs I do have are Pets and Seasons).

In fact, I rebooted my game with ONLY the following things in my Downloads folder:
- HP's sundress mesh and recolors
- this default replacement file
And the result? Pregnant women wearing HP's sundress textures over the Maxis mesh. So something is majorly borked here, and it is not a conflict in my Downloads folder. HP's sundresses work fine on their own, without this file.

I notice that HP has given a reply in her own sundress thread saying that your replacement should work fine through Seasons, but clearly that is not the case. Any explanation for this? Do I need to have some earlier EPs that I don't have already? If that is the case I will just go back to Squinge's mod. Too bad, though: the idea of these as defaults is fantastic and so much easier.
Test Subject
#75 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 2:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by madelonia
Just dropping in to report that I have the same problem that everyone else has mentioned (sundress textures on maxis mesh). So, as suggested I have searched with the Download Organizer, but it turns out that I DO NOT have MESH_tmo-Default-PregMorph_afBodyMaternityShirtPants.package in my Downloads, nor any other meshes that replace maternity wear. I have no maternity hacks, and I do not have BV (the only EPs I do have are Pets and Seasons).

In fact, I rebooted my game with ONLY the following things in my Downloads folder:
- HP's sundress mesh and recolors
- this default replacement file
And the result? Pregnant women wearing HP's sundress textures over the Maxis mesh. So something is majorly borked here, and it is not a conflict in my Downloads folder. HP's sundresses work fine on their own, without this file.

I notice that HP has given a reply in her own sundress thread saying that your replacement should work fine through Seasons, but clearly that is not the case. Any explanation for this? Do I need to have some earlier EPs that I don't have already? If that is the case I will just go back to Squinge's mod. Too bad, though: the idea of these as defaults is fantastic and so much easier.

I have all EPs and SPs save for Mansion and Garden and this still does work in my game, no problems...so I'm not sure what your problem would be. Do you have a PregWearAnything hack? Because I have one of those...maybe that's the issue?
Page 3 of 4