Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fibromyalgia Trait Mod

by Subob Posted 2nd Feb 2018 at 5:01 PM - Updated 4th Feb 2018 at 1:11 AM by Subob : Added to do list

52 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 21 Feedback Posts, 30 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 6:24 PM
First of all, I really appreciate this mod. While I personally don't like to really talk about it (although I am now...) it's good for there to be more awareness to it, so hopefully people understand more on what it's like or what is going on. I was wondering, don't know if possible..although we deal with chronic fatigue, there is also insomnia for some of us. Not sure if there is a way to incorporate, that sometimes, it's difficult to nap even if one is needed?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 6:32 PM
Thank you for this
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 7:58 PM
Thank you, my mom has this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 11:17 PM
I always wanted something like this for sims 3, but i'm happy to see it either way. I'm a Fibromyalgia survivor (will be 20 years in '19). Agree with Tamas.. I don't like to talk about it, but I'm hopeful it will bring some awareness to this. Great job!
Test Subject
#6 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 1:37 AM
Oh just a Question should I have any problems with this mod?? I have been having some issues with Trait Mods I just want to double check where to put it does go in the download folder right for the sims 4?? Now I do have lots of other mods but the Major one I have is the MC COMMAND,I believe I have Fibromyalgia but I have a lot of other issues that make my whole body hurt but its hard to find a Dr that I need but I have an Family Dr that the Awesome Lord let me find and he does his most best to help me and I thank him and the Lord every day that I'm so very glad that I found my Family Doctor!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 2:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tamas
First of all, I really appreciate this mod. While I personally don't like to really talk about it (although I am now...) it's good for there to be more awareness to it, so hopefully people understand more on what it's like or what is going on. I was wondering, don't know if possible..although we deal with chronic fatigue, there is also insomnia for some of us. Not sure if there is a way to incorporate, that sometimes, it's difficult to nap even if one is needed?

I'll see what I can do! I'm getting better at modding every day so hopefully I'll be able to incorporate insomnia at some point
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 2:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Heather242414
Oh just a Question should I have any problems with this mod?? I have been having some issues with Trait Mods I just want to double check where to put it does go in the download folder right for the sims 4?? Now I do have lots of other mods but the Major one I have is the MC COMMAND,I believe I have Fibromyalgia but I have a lot of other issues that make my whole body hurt but its hard to find a Dr that I need but I have an Family Dr that the Awesome Lord let me find and he does his most best to help me and I thank him and the Lord every day that I'm so very glad that I found my Family Doctor!!

Just put the unzipped package file in your "mods" folder and you should be good to go! I'm glad you have an awesome doctor.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 2:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jwcats
I always wanted something like this for sims 3, but i'm happy to see it either way. I'm a Fibromyalgia survivor (will be 20 years in '19). Agree with Tamas.. I don't like to talk about it, but I'm hopeful it will bring some awareness to this. Great job!

My aim was to bring awareness to it so hopefully this will do something along those lines!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 2:45 AM
I love that this has been made. I'm not going to use it, but purely because I use my Sims to escape reality and my reality is Fibromyalgia...well suspected anyway, going through a rheumatologist to try to get a diagnosis. But for now at least, I am not going to subject my Sims to the same agony and distress that I have all day every day. But thank you, thank you, thank you for making this and bringing awareness to this horrible illness. I agree with the person asking about insomnia, it is one of my most prevalent annoyances, sleeping easy at night would let me forget the horrendous pain, but nope, insomnia wins. Anyway, I have blabbed on, so again...thank you.xx
Instructor
THANKS POST
#11 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 9:24 AM
I got diagnosed with fibromyalgia when I was 16, two years after I had a fall down the stairs so pretty much half my life dealing with pain. I had childhood epilepsy when I was younger too. I don't take meds myself for it since I've tried everything in the market for it without success, so I hit the gym now. I met two in the Sims community who suffer with it as well. Sometimes you feel like you are all alone going through it, so I never thought I could meet anyone else with it. Play the Sims does help me a lot and I deal with stress with it by killing Sims. I'll check this mod out though. I do experience IBS along with it and didn't even know that was apart of it until I read about it online after being diagnosed. I've been trying the FODMAP diet for it now which is helping a bit. It is great seeing so many mods lately to bring awareness into the Sims which I feel like it is not a community currently represented in the unmodded version of the Sims.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 2:56 PM
Thank you for this one. My husband has this condition he thought he had to pay for it and he told me he would buy it for me lol. This will help people how to better understand what their loved ones and friends go through everyday. Im looking forward to playing it thank you again.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 8:02 PM
Thank you for this mod. I hope it will raise more awareness. I'm 51 years old now and was diagnosed in 2000 but the doctors suspect i already had it in my teenage years. So i don't know anymore how it is to live a life without pain. Some days more extreme than others. However what hurts the most is that other people think this disease is not real and you are making it up because they can't see anything wrong with you. They have no understanding about what this disease is doing to us and not only pain wise but how much we sometimes have to give up in our lives because we can't do them anymore. I for example was a firefighter. I loved doing this but i had to accept that i would never be a firefighter again. It took me years to accept that the live i knew was over and had to re-invent myself again. That's also why i play the sims. I can do everything and be everything in the sims that i can't do or be in my real life anymore.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 1:23 PM
Will this mod make my sims cancel their concerts?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 4:37 PM
Thank you so much. I suffer from fibro and I'm glad that more people can be aware of this!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 4:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vertigo
Will this mod make my sims cancel their concerts?

Unsure. It will drastically impact your sims happiness, due to constant pain. So it's understandable if a few concerts are cancelled
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 1:52 PM
Could you make one for someone like me who has CRPS? Its a nerve disease as well but a lot more painful. (Not saying that fibro ISNT). That would be amazing. Let me know if you could, if you'd need more info
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 3:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simkatie7
Could you make one for someone like me who has CRPS? Its a nerve disease as well but a lot more painful. (Not saying that fibro ISNT). That would be amazing. Let me know if you could, if you'd need more info

I definitely could try! ^^
Test Subject
#19 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Subob
I definitely could try! ^^

Yay!!! I would be so happy if you could do that for me
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 11:48 PM
I suffer from fibromyalgia so this trait will be perfect for my simself. thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 2:55 AM
Thanks for this mod; I'm going to add it to my new household. I'd love to see some positive moodlets, like "feels accomplished though drained" after taking a shower or a positive "fibro warrior" buff after chatting on a fibro forum, or a "spoons left! Sim managed to accomplish all their daily tasks and still have enough energy to deal with tomorrow." Because I think those who manage daily life and then some whilst living with a chronic illness are pretty danged amazing. (Yeah, and sometimes daily life is spent in bed.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 10:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NicerHomesnLots
Thanks for this mod; I'm going to add it to my new household. I'd love to see some positive moodlets, like "feels accomplished though drained" after taking a shower or a positive "fibro warrior" buff after chatting on a fibro forum, or a "spoons left! Sim managed to accomplish all their daily tasks and still have enough energy to deal with tomorrow." Because I think those who manage daily life and then some whilst living with a chronic illness are pretty danged amazing. (Yeah, and sometimes daily life is spent in bed.)

Thank you for the ideas! I'll definitely try to implement them soon!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 2:02 PM
Thankyou so much, I'm a Fibro sufferer and it was so damn affirming to see this mod <3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 2:28 AM
thank you so much for making this, I am a sufferer, you made me cry when I saw this.. HUGS
Test Subject
#25 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 6:46 PM
Thank you so much for this!

Quote: Originally posted by Heather242414

Your family doctor should be able to run the initial tests for fibro. After that, he/she should send you to a rheumatologist for the official diagnoses.
Page 1 of 3