Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fix subhood selection

by Mootilda Posted 29th Sep 2010 at 4:01 PM - Updated 19th Oct 2010 at 1:30 AM by Mootilda : Restore default picture

57 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 28 Feedback Posts, 28 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 8th Feb 2011 at 4:28 PM
It sounds to me that people are expecting this mod to add more options for downtown/uni/shopping, like in Mootilda's screenshots. It will not do that. It will only allow you to see more hoods, if you already made/installed more hood options separately from this download. This only gets rid of the big button, it does not contain any custom hoods.
Thanks, Mootilda, this is great! Now if only we could find some more custom hoods to download... Your Uni hood is awesome, btw
Site Helper
Original Poster
#27 Old 8th Feb 2011 at 7:35 PM
That's correct; thanks for the clarification. I actually created new subhood templates so that I could test this mod. You are seeing those subhood templates in the screenshots.

I am hoping that my new simpler tutorial for creating subhoods will inspire people to create new subhoods:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=420196

I am currently working on a list of available neighborhoods, including subhoods.

I also intend to write a new tutorial about converting an existing neighborhood to a downtown or business district subhood. This technique will allow the simple creation of custom mega-hoods.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#28 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 9:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 6akalaka1
It sounds to me that people are expecting this mod to add more options for downtown/uni/shopping, like in Mootilda's screenshots. It will not do that. It will only allow you to see more hoods, if you already made/installed more hood options separately from this download. This only gets rid of the big button, it does not contain any custom hoods.
Thanks, Mootilda, this is great! Now if only we could find some more custom hoods to download... Your Uni hood is awesome, btw

Thanks that answers my question as to why the download doesn't work for me.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 2:30 AM
Ty for this, now its less confusing lol
Site Helper
Original Poster
#30 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 3:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 6akalaka1
Now if only we could find some more custom hoods to download... Your Uni hood is awesome, btw
Here is the list of all known subhoods:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...rhoods#Subhoods

If you know of any subhoods that I've missed, please let me know.
Meet Me In My Next Life
THANKS POST
#31 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 8:53 PM
Thank so very much for this it is much needed in my game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 11th Aug 2012 at 11:48 AM
Thank you so much! Very much appreciated!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#33 Old 15th May 2013 at 4:21 AM
TY Mootilda! =D
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 17th Aug 2013 at 7:51 AM
Thank you for posting the subhoods list. There is a major one not on the list.
http://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/56486.html
This has populated cleaned up neighborhoods of all the maxi hoods. Each can be used as a basehood or a shopping district. (Separate downloads.) In this way anyone can make their own megahood (in combination with this mod you made) in any combination.
This leads me to a request. I would love to have the maxi hoods as subhoods, only unpopulated. I'd like to use all those nicely laid out hoods, link them up, and create an interesting challenge.
I have no skills or talents in modding. I am greatly hoping someone will read your directions and want to try it out....like my idea....and then feel like sharing.
And to the mts moderators, I would so love it if you created a new section called "subhoods" to make it easy for us to find them. It will make less work for Mootilda too.

Visit my Test of Time Challenge site: sims2testoftime.weebly.com.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#35 Old 17th Aug 2013 at 4:21 PM
Tarlia's hoods have been documented in the wiki from the beginning, filed under Megahoods, Nightlife subhoods, and Open for Business subhoods. It would probably make sense to add a section labelled Neighborhood Templates and add links to Tarlia's clean hoods and the empty hoods from MATY.

It's very simple to remove sims from a neighborhood or subhood:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=468987

Of course, if you're working with subhoods, you'll need to work in an empty environment, just as you do when creating the subhood from scratch:

It's very unlikely that the moderators will see comment posts in a download thread. If you want to make suggestions about the site, try posting in the Site -> Site Questions and Issues forum.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 12:18 PM
Good job... Great contribution... Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 16th May 2014 at 10:00 PM
Default Question
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Tarlia's hoods have been documented in the wiki from the beginning, filed under Megahoods, Nightlife subhoods, and Open for Business subhoods. It would probably make sense to add a section labelled Neighborhood Templates and add links to Tarlia's clean hoods and the empty hoods from MATY.

It's very simple to remove sims from a neighborhood or subhood:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=468987

Of course, if you're working with subhoods, you'll need to work in an empty environment, just as you do when creating the subhood from scratch:

It's very unlikely that the moderators will see comment posts in a download thread. If you want to make suggestions about the site, try posting in the Site -> Site Questions and Issues forum.

Mootilda, isn't this the same thing as when you create a custom hood, and it adds it to the list? If not, what's the difference? I like to know so I won't download anything I don't need.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#38 Old 17th May 2014 at 12:24 AM
The purpose of this mod is to allow you to see multiple items in the subhood selection list. The default for the game is to show one large button (assuming that you only have one subhood which can be added), but that doesn't allow you to select between different subhoods.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#39 Old 27th May 2014 at 3:40 PM
I resisted this for a long time. Now I can't see why I did that. This makes things easier. Thanks!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#40 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 4:08 AM
Thank you... so much for this.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#41 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 6:28 AM
thanks Mootilda good work on your part
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 12:26 AM
Tnks
Scholar
THANKS POST
#43 Old 9th May 2015 at 12:36 PM
I'm so glad that i can build my own megahoods with this mod now.
Thanks for the great work... and everything else
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#44 Old 11th May 2015 at 7:39 PM
Thank you
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 9:28 PM
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, or not, but I'm not getting the choices of the different towns, just Downtown, and Bluewater Village shows. I don't know if this makes a difference or not, but I only have The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, but it has all the EPs in it. The big buttons are gone though, just the choices of the different towns are not there.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 18th Sep 2015 at 11:12 PM
Thanks!!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#47 Old 27th Jan 2016 at 8:33 AM
Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#48 Old 29th May 2016 at 1:40 AM
Thank you! It's really appreciated!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 28th May 2017 at 10:09 PM
It's been almost 3 years since you left us. Thanks a lot for this fix, as well as all other wonderful stuff you shared with us fellow simmers. We shall never forget you, dear Mootilda.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#50 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 6:21 PM
Thank you
Page 2 of 3